Do you want children? Why or why not?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Light »

Do you want children? Why or why not? Explain.


Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4975
Joined: December 2nd, 2009, 9:57 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The way the question is framed will influence the response. For example, when the question is asked in that typical, flippant, female manner of "Do you want kids?" most people will respond positively at the thought of little ones sprung from their loins.

However, when asked in the more realistic manner of "Are you willing to undertake the financial expense, time commitments, legal responsibilities, emotional turmoil, and negative lifestyle impact that CHILD-REARING entails?," many, if not most, people will say no in this day and age.

I think that religion, culture, and mass media make people think that having children is the be all and end all of life. Throughout most of human history, that very well was the case because children were were often a matter of survival. Two of my great grandfathers were farmers and each had more than 10 children partly as a matter of the family business.

But in this day and age of high technology, cheap and easy travel, income-generation online, and more recreational choices than ever before, raising children is just not necessary anymore.

There are two types of people who have children today:

-Those who are incidental parents who put little thought and care into parenthood or parenting (accidental single parents, uneducated couples just going along with what other people do, etc).

-Those who are stuck in the mindset of a bygone era of tradition or expectation. (tradcucks, religious wingnuts, blue pill simps, or provincial types which nothing else better to do with their time).

But be careful of people who claim to love being parents. They HAVE to convince themselves of that because they have no other choice. Think of that response as they men who claim they LOVE their jobs and getting up every morning to slave away at them. If you ask them if they would quit if they won the million dollar lottery, 99% of them would quit the job they claimed to "love" quicker than you think. It is the same with parenthood, many parents would not make the same choice to be parents IF they had the chance to do it all over again. Don't expect people to ever admit that though because that is just an unpleasant realization. :lol:
User avatar
HappyGuy
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1037
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by HappyGuy »

There are several far superior threads about this subject visible at the bottom. No need to indulge an idiot's low effort spam thread. It sets a bad example and they'll make more moronic threads.
"Happier abroad"? Only true men find happiness
Image
Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Light »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 8:41 am
The way the question is framed will influence the response. For example, when the question is asked in that typical, flippant, female manner of "Do you want kids?" most people will respond positively at the thought of little ones sprung from their loins.

However, when asked in the more realistic manner of "Are you willing to undertake the financial expense, time commitments, legal responsibilities, emotional turmoil, and negative lifestyle impact that CHILD-REARING entails?," many, if not most, people will say no in this day and age.

I think that religion, culture, and mass media make people think that having children is the be all and end all of life. Throughout most of human history, that very well was the case because children were were often a matter of survival. Two of my great grandfathers were farmers and each had more than 10 children partly as a matter of the family business.

But in this day and age of high technology, cheap and easy travel, income-generation online, and more recreational choices than ever before, raising children is just not necessary anymore.

There are two types of people who have children today:

-Those who are incidental parents who put little thought and care into parenthood or parenting (accidental single parents, uneducated couples just going along with what other people do, etc).

-Those who are stuck in the mindset of a bygone era of tradition or expectation. (tradcucks, religious wingnuts, blue pill simps, or provincial types which nothing else better to do with their time).

But be careful of people who claim to love being parents. They HAVE to convince themselves of that because they have no other choice. Think of that response as they men who claim they LOVE their jobs and getting up every morning to slave away at them. If you ask them if they would quit if they won the million dollar lottery, 99% of them would quit the job they claimed to "love" quicker than you think. It is the same with parenthood, many parents would not make the same choice to be parents IF they had the chance to do it all over again. Don't expect people to ever admit that though because that is just an unpleasant realization. :lol:
What about having children for the purposes of continuing your genetic line which is probably the main biological purpose of life? Another reason is to have someone take care of you in old age if you become poor or if social welfare systems fail. What about leaving behind a legacy and someone to remember you?

It's not necessary to have your own biological children. Some men are infertile and others throughout history never had a biological heir, or have a biological heir survive. So they would appoint a nephew, niece, child of a friend, adopt an heir, or appoint an heir from their wife's family if they had none themselves or did not like their relatives.

Raising children is expensive, especially in high income nations. That's why birth rates are falling in high income nations. That and feminism. Divorce, the legal system, and family courts also screw men so there is no reason to have children with a woman in America.
Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Light »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 8:45 am
There are several far superior threads about this subject visible at the bottom. No need to indulge an idiot's low effort spam thread. It sets a bad example and they'll make more moronic threads.
Shut the f**k up you piggish faggot. Go f**k yourself and shove your moronic spam threads up your faggot ass.
User avatar
HappyGuy
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1037
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by HappyGuy »

@Light
You're getting emotional like a woman. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41727
How are you going to have children when you are a child yourself? :?
"Happier abroad"? Only true men find happiness
Image
Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Light »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:09 am
@Light
You're getting emotional like a woman. viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41727
How are you going to have children when you are a child yourself? :?
I'm not getting emotional. I'm responding to your provocations which I thought you would stop. I was wrong about you stopping your childish behavior so I am treating you like a child, pig boy.
User avatar
HappyGuy
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1037
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by HappyGuy »

I wasn't resurrecting those two threads about children just to provoke you, the timing was a coincidence. And once I read your response a few minutes ago I was satisfied and understood your point of view: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41938#p332214

But are you for real about kids? You have a long way to go before you are husband material. Every woman deserves a real man not wimps who discuss their most intimate details with other guys, that is female behavior and guys like that will always be a let down. Keep that in mind when you go on forums like this, it's easy to come here looking for advantages in the dating game and end up leaving more wimpy than when you arrived.
Last edited by HappyGuy on January 9th, 2020, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Happier abroad"? Only true men find happiness
Image
Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Light »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:15 am
I wasn't resurrecting those two threads about children just to provoke you, the timing was a coincidence. And once I read your response a few minutes ago I was satisfied and understood your point of view: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41938#p332214

But are you for real about kids? You have a long way to go before you are husband material.
Your opinion.
User avatar
HappyGuy
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1037
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by HappyGuy »

Light wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:20 am
Your opinion.
His, mine, or anybody's. 8)

"Happier abroad"? Only true men find happiness
Image
Light
Freshman Poster
Posts: 291
Joined: May 28th, 2018, 10:29 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Light »

HappyGuy wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:26 am
Light wrote:
January 9th, 2020, 9:20 am
Your opinion.
His, mine, or anybody's. 8)

Thank you for the laugh. I never watched Sopranos but that clip was funny.

But to get back on topic, no, it is ONLY your moronic opinion.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Yes I want children. Which is why I currently have six biological children, four with my wife and two by another woman while I was in college who solely wanted my DNA but not my funds. I love being a father and I love raising children. I also love the idea of having a stable and growing number of descendants. This is one of the things I get joy out of.

There is something special about talking to your children. About them enthusiastically asking you a million different questions and you enthusiastically answering them all. Knowing that by endulging them, you are making them smarter. Also, having quite a few of them myself, and their number sure to grow in years to come, it's unlikely I'll be estranged from each of them in the future. At this rate, I'll have quite a lot of people around the dinner table when I reach old age. Watching my family grow makes me feel blessed beyond belief.

It's not for everyone, but for me, it's everything. I also like seeing how my genes mesh with women of different races. It's nice to see what my offspring looks like, how they develop. Little things like that, I get joy out of it. Some here call fatherhood slavery, and they're free to that opinion but I personally wouldn't trade it for the world.
User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4975
Joined: December 2nd, 2009, 9:57 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 12:16 am
Yes I want children. Which is why I currently have six biological children, four with my wife and two by another woman while I was in college who solely wanted my DNA but not my funds. I love being a father and I love raising children. I also love the idea of having a stable and growing number of descendants. This is one of the things I get joy out of.

There is something special about talking to your children. About them enthusiastically asking you a million different questions and you enthusiastically answering them all. Knowing that by endulging them, you are making them smarter. Also, having quite a few of them myself, and their number sure to grow in years to come, it's unlikely I'll be estranged from each of them in the future. At this rate, I'll have quite a lot of people around the dinner table when I reach old age. Watching my family grow makes me feel blessed beyond belief.

It's not for everyone, but for me, it's everything. I also like seeing how my genes mesh with women of different races. It's nice to see what my offspring looks like, how they develop. Little things like that, I get joy out of it. Some here call fatherhood slavery, and they're free to that opinion but I personally wouldn't trade it for the world.
I actually respect this point of view because you are logical and none of what you describe above means that you must be married.

But the simpish fools like Mrman and Hypermak equate the concept of marriage with all of that. Mrman does so because he is a religious nutjob, and Hypermak because he is has this fixation on the marriage fantasy in his head. You, on the other hand, are just a guy who likes the process raising children, period. You are not whining about some imaginary duty to populate the planet like @MrMan, and you aren't having a mental breakdown like @Hypermak because somebody disagrees with everything he was taught by his Mommy and Daddy.

You are just doing what you want to do because you want to do it without any mention of having to be married. That tells me you are happy with your choices unlike the idiots I just mentioned who are anything but happy.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 8:06 am
I actually respect this point of view because you are logical and none of what you describe above means that you must be married.
Exactly.

Years ago if you had asked me if I felt marriage was neccessary, I might have answered something along the lines of "yes". Now I no longer feel sure of that, at all. It's just a social contract, after all, and one that is not always to a man's benefit, especially when the government gets involved. I love having children and being a father, but there's no law barring a man from fatherhood if he refuses to put a ring on a woman's finger.

Speaking of rings? I don't even wear a wedding ring. My marriage was a formality and I never had a church wedding, nor any sort of large and expensive ceremony. Our reception was very small and humble. If I could do my life over again, I would have children again, no doubt about it. I'd be with my wife, too. For sure! But would I marry her? Probably not. You can be with someone, form a family with someone, without marriage. You don't need to involve the government in how you live your life, not always, and you don't really need a contract.

My wife agrees, believe it or not... when our single and childless friends ask us for our opinion on the whole marriage & kids thing, we tell them that having kids is a wonderful experience we can recommend to most, but marriage a formality they can do without. :wink:
User avatar
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 4975
Joined: December 2nd, 2009, 9:57 pm

Re: Do you want children? Why or why not?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 11:19 am
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
January 15th, 2020, 8:06 am
I actually respect this point of view because you are logical and none of what you describe above means that you must be married.
Exactly.

Years ago if you had asked me if I felt marriage was neccessary, I might have answered something along the lines of "yes". Now I no longer feel sure of that, at all. It's just a social contract, after all, and one that is not always to a man's benefit, especially when the government gets involved. I love having children and being a father, but there's no law barring a man from fatherhood if he refuses to put a ring on a woman's finger.

Speaking of rings? I don't even wear a wedding ring. My marriage was a formality and I never had a church wedding, nor any sort of large and expensive ceremony. Our reception was very small and humble. If I could do my life over again, I would have children again, no doubt about it. I'd be with my wife, too. For sure! But would I marry her? Probably not. You can be with someone, form a family with someone, without marriage. You don't need to involve the government in how you live your life, not always, and you don't really need a contract.

My wife agrees, believe it or not... when our single and childless friends ask us for our opinion on the whole marriage & kids thing, we tell them that having kids is a wonderful experience we can recommend to most, but marriage a formality they can do without. :wink:
Then we essentially agree. Too bad the pro-marriage dopes on this forum can’t get their heads around such a simple concept.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”