Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.

View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme

Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post your suggestions and feedback for this site and movement. You can also report a problem or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Re: Report spammers here, please include profile link

Post by TruthSeeker » October 10th, 2018, 7:01 pm

I told you don't ban by ip because it could be an internet café, a hotel, a hostel, an airbnb, coffee shop, restaurant, library, airport, etc. then a legitimate member can not access the forum as happened to me on one occasion.

Look if you ban by ip they can just use a VPN. Real dumb to ban an ip address.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan » October 11th, 2018, 3:32 am

This forum needs urgently DAILY moderation, spam should be removed within 24 h.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 11th, 2018, 1:30 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 10th, 2018, 7:01 pm
I told you don't ban by ip because it could be an internet café, a hotel, a hostel, an airbnb, coffee shop, restaurant, library, airport, etc. then a legitimate member can not access the forum as happened to me on one occasion.

Look if you ban by ip they can just use a VPN. Real dumb to ban an ip address.
What other choice do I have? Some spammers are posting hundreds of posts with some program. The only way to stop them is to block their IP. What other choice is there?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » October 11th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Don't you have it set up so that you have to approve any new members first five posts? You could make a rule that any new member has to make a meaningful introduction and that they have to answer other members questions before they are "approved". This would thwart most of your spammers.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan » October 11th, 2018, 6:52 pm

Winston wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 1:30 pm
What other choice do I have? Some spammers are posting hundreds of posts with some program. The only way to stop them is to block their IP.

What other choice is there?
If you block their IP they will show up with another IP. If you cannot interrupt them otherwise, OK, block the IP but only for a week or so.
There are so many kind of spammers, you cannot really block them all. Hopeless.

The most important thing you have to do as an admin or mod is to control your forum DAILY at least one time - and to remove any kind of spam quickly. Sometimes I get the feeling HA-moderators are only showing up once a week or so and this is by far too long.

Daddy Wu
Freshman Poster

Post by Daddy Wu » October 12th, 2018, 6:40 am

Winston wrote:
What other choice do I have?
Winston wrote:
What other choice is there?
Winston! My son!

Why you talk like girl??

You disgrace Daddy! Again!!

Your problem: you lazy! You don't take care own house!

Real man in charge own house!

Be real man!!

Love,
Your Daddy

TruthSeeker
Freshman Poster

Post by TruthSeeker » October 12th, 2018, 12:50 pm

Cornfed wrote:
October 9th, 2018, 11:39 pm
This is ridiculous. The latest100 page is being allowed to be defaced by spammers for days on end. In addition to the more obvious spammers, this guy appears to be a spammer:

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=30226 ... 5823d0531b
I vote we make Cornfed a moderator because he's right on top of this. He's here all the time anyway can could effectively manage this.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » October 13th, 2018, 6:43 am

OK so there are of course more spammers. Why can't something be done about this?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 17th, 2018, 5:13 am

TruthSeeker wrote:
October 11th, 2018, 4:23 pm
Don't you have it set up so that you have to approve any new members first five posts? You could make a rule that any new member has to make a meaningful introduction and that they have to answer other members questions before they are "approved". This would thwart most of your spammers.
Yes but it's 3 posts that have to be approved. Not 5. Some people don't want to make an introduction. That's not gonna make a difference anyway. The spammers will still submit their posts. You won't see them of course unless you go to the Latest 100 topics page. Remember? I can't control that. Some guys here go to that page and see the spam in the moderation queue and complain. Not much I can do about that.

They can just go to the Active Topics page if they don't like that.

search.php?search_id=active_topics
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 17th, 2018, 5:14 am

Cornfed wrote:
October 13th, 2018, 6:43 am
OK so there are of course more spammers. Why can't something be done about this?
Something is being done about it. I'm removing them. But not everyday. I don't know how people get everything done everyday. There's too much to keep up with. There's an endless amount of things to do online. I can only get a fraction done everyday. I have no idea how others manage.

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed » October 17th, 2018, 5:24 am

Winston wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 5:14 am
Cornfed wrote:
Something is being done about it. I'm removing them. But not everyday. I don't know how people get everything done everyday.
Moral: If you are an employer, don't employ Winston.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston » October 17th, 2018, 10:50 am

Cornfed wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 5:24 am
Winston wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 5:14 am
Cornfed wrote:
Something is being done about it. I'm removing them. But not everyday. I don't know how people get everything done everyday.
Moral: If you are an employer, don't employ Winston.
When I had an employer, I got everything done everyday usually. Office work is not that hard to get done or keep up with. It's not an infinity like the internet.

Also before the internet I always had plenty of extra time for reading and daydreaming everyday and no one to talk to. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=38375