Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Should we Ban the Dan?

Yes we should be ban him for being a sex offender and attracting unwanted attention to the forum
14
78%
No, I find his antics amusing and believe he should be allowed to stay here due to 'freedom of speech'
4
22%
 
Total votes: 18
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Dan Cilley is a 34 year old, schizophrenic, mentally ill American male who harrasses underaged girls on the street and shares his weird sex fantasies on this forum on a semi-regular basis. He's a registered sex offender:

https://abc7news.com/2301621/

Now in the past we have had other members who expressed a desire to have sexual intercourse with minors. Tsar comes to mind, for example. But Tsar never actually made that move, and he wanted explicitly to marry the girl. Even so, it made some posters uncomfortable.

Now we have a guy who is a registered sex offender. Who is clearly unhinged. And who is quite likely to bring negative attention to the forums, perhaps even get law enforcement involved somehow. I don't know in which country the host is based and under which laws it operates, but this could be bad news. If it's up to me, we ban Dan Cilley and get rid of this loon. Who agrees or disagrees, and why?
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8421
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by Cornfed »

In my opinion, no he shouldn't be banned. Although he is clearly a nutcase he hasn't done anything to offend the forum, so banning him would set a bad precedent. Also, his conviction and subsequent treatment seems to have been unfair. I don't like the guy but that is not a reason for banning.
User avatar
HappyGuy
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1037
Joined: August 5th, 2018, 11:10 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by HappyGuy »

Before you vote "No" take a look at these Dan threads:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=41894#p331832
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=41956#p332413
Cornfed wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 10:57 am
Although he is clearly a nutcase he hasn't done anything to offend the forum, so banning him would set a bad precedent.
He more than deserves to be banned for how intentionally disruptive and annoying he has been. This week he used the News and Current Events section to report that a black woman hit on him and while it might have been funny if any other member had done it one time as a joke he does that regularly and always in the main sections of the forum with his name in the title to be as disruptive as possible.

He used this forum to advertise himself and his cult and not just once but with every post he made. Who knows how many decent people stopped replying here or chose not to make an account because they saw some of his spam advertisements and judged the whole forum by it.

But if Winston decides to let him stay he should be forced to change his HA name or have his current one shut down and forced to start a new one. If he's allowed to return then he shouldn't allowed to use a nearly identical name but something like Dan2 or demented_Dan. As egoistical as he is he'll have to live with it. And he should not be allowed to refer to himself in the 3rd person or by his full name that appears in the news and has drawn a lot of bad attention.

He should have his past posts removed and if some are left then all the insane parts should be cropped out. That's more important for the forum than punishing him publicly or privately or preventing him from making future posts. His latest posts seem to be improving slowly but the old posts will continue to do the most damage to the forum, that's something Winston and the two mods don't understand and why the forum has never been properly cleaned up.
"Happier abroad"? Only true men find happiness
Image
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3334
Joined: July 30th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by MrMan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
February 7th, 2020, 10:53 pm
Dan Cilley is a 34 year old, schizophrenic, mentally ill American male who harrasses underaged girls on the street and shares his weird sex fantasies on this forum on a semi-regular basis. He's a registered sex offender:

https://abc7news.com/2301621/
Was the charge against him merely filming a 15-year-old on a public street? Was there any actual sex offense here to the conviction?

A friend of mine who ran in Hawaii said he had to take a leak 30 minutes or so into a run, every time. If he went in the bushes and the police charged him, he'd be a registered sex offender, on the registry and everything, even if there was nothing sexual about it. He said most police were cool about it and wouldn't write someone up for such a thing to make them a sex offender, but it could happen.
User avatar
Shemp
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1157
Joined: November 22nd, 2014, 7:45 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by Shemp »

With some misgivings, I voted no. If Dan posts explicit fantasies involving underage girls, then he should be banned for a week or so each time that happens. But I don't think what he has posted so far puts the forum at risk of legal action for facilitating sex with underage girls. I am definitely not worried about bad publicity, because every thread of Dan's is full of people condemning him, so clearly the forum itself is not supporting Dan, anymore than YouTube was supporting Dan back when they hosted his videos (maybe they still host some) or his website hosting service is supporting him. Dan only posts occasionally, so doesn't disrupt the forum like Johnny1975 and yick were doing back during their feud, and disgusted comments in his threads are often amusing. Having a convicted sex offender and schizophrenic on board adds some additional diversity to our already colorful cast of members.
User avatar
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 8421
Joined: August 16th, 2012, 9:22 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 3:52 pm
With some misgivings, I voted no. If Dan posts explicit fantasies involving underage girls, then he should be banned for a week or so each time that happens. But I don't think what he has posted so far puts the forum at risk of legal action for facilitating sex with underage girls. I am definitely not worried about bad publicity, because every thread of Dan's is full of people condemning him, so clearly the forum itself is not supporting Dan, anymore than YouTube was supporting Dan back when they hosted his videos (maybe they still host some) or his website hosting service is supporting him. Dan only posts occasionally, so doesn't disrupt the forum like Johnny1975 and yick were doing back during their feud, and disgusted comments in his threads are often amusing. Having a convicted sex offender and schizophrenic on board adds some additional diversity to our already colorful cast of members.
I agree.
yick
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1516
Joined: October 23rd, 2015, 2:11 am

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by yick »

Yes. No question about it. Cunt has never been abroad anyway :lol:
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Cornfed wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 10:57 am
In my opinion, no he shouldn't be banned. Although he is clearly a nutcase he hasn't done anything to offend the forum, so banning him would set a bad precedent. Also, his conviction and subsequent treatment seems to have been unfair. I don't like the guy but that is not a reason for banning.
I don't know or care about the specifics of the case. But @Winston didn't want to allow Dan on the Facebook group for this forum, I assume with good reason. Shouldn't the same apply to the forum as well? He's nothing but a nuisance and adds nothing of substance, just spews his mentally ill dribble everywhere.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 3334
Joined: July 30th, 2014, 7:52 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by MrMan »

Many states have an online sex offender registry. I have checked this out before I moved into a neighborhood. California has one, and I can't find any Cilley on it. What state was this supposed to have been in?

If he got cited for harrassing a 15-year-old, why would that put him on a sex offender registry? If he were just talking, I do not see how that would have happened.

What state do you say he was registered in? Where is the evidence of his being registered as a sex offender, other than a website?
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 31290
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 6:16 am
Contact:

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by Winston »

Shemp wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 3:52 pm
With some misgivings, I voted no. If Dan posts explicit fantasies involving underage girls, then he should be banned for a week or so each time that happens. But I don't think what he has posted so far puts the forum at risk of legal action for facilitating sex with underage girls. I am definitely not worried about bad publicity, because every thread of Dan's is full of people condemning him, so clearly the forum itself is not supporting Dan, anymore than YouTube was supporting Dan back when they hosted his videos (maybe they still host some) or his website hosting service is supporting him. Dan only posts occasionally, so doesn't disrupt the forum like Johnny1975 and yick were doing back during their feud, and disgusted comments in his threads are often amusing. Having a convicted sex offender and schizophrenic on board adds some additional diversity to our already colorful cast of members.
It is illegal to even talk about having sex with underaged girls? What about thinking about it? Of course, the government cannot charge you with thinking about something because it doesn't know what you're thinking right? lol. What about just talking about it? Is that illegal too? Is that prosecutable?

We heard from @andrewfitzpatrick that Dan was offered a way out by the court but refused to take it. He stuck to his guns and got the sex offender conviction. It wasn't just for filming, it was for telling the girl that he wanted to sleep with her or something. All the details were in a blog post that he referenced.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
User avatar
Winston
Site Admin
Posts: 31290
Joined: August 18th, 2007, 6:16 am
Contact:

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 6:54 am
Cornfed wrote:
February 8th, 2020, 10:57 am
In my opinion, no he shouldn't be banned. Although he is clearly a nutcase he hasn't done anything to offend the forum, so banning him would set a bad precedent. Also, his conviction and subsequent treatment seems to have been unfair. I don't like the guy but that is not a reason for banning.
I don't know or care about the specifics of the case. But Winston didn't want to allow Dan on the Facebook group for this forum, I assume with good reason. Shouldn't the same apply to the forum as well? He's nothing but a nuisance and adds nothing of substance, just spews his mentally ill dribble everywhere.
This is different. You see, here on a public forum, the powers that be can monitor Dan and see everything that he says. But our FB group is private. For the state to monitor it, requires them sending an agent into the group or an AI program (if they are that advanced, could be) which would compromise the privacy of the group, and could get everyone in the group monitored with extra scrutiny. FB is already charged with privacy violations as it is, we don't need to make it worse by having law enforcement monitor our groups as well. So having Dan in there may be an unnecessary risk. But here, on a public forum, the state would not mind because it can see everything Dan posts and will cite it as evidence if they deem necessary.

That's my rationale. But I'm not sure if it's correct or not.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Ukrainian/Russian Women Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
User avatar
Shemp
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1157
Joined: November 22nd, 2014, 7:45 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by Shemp »

Winston wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 3:31 pm
It is illegal to even talk about having sex with underaged girls?
What would bring trouble to the forum is if criminals gather here to assist one another in committing crimes by discussing their techniques and whatnot. Right now, it's just Dan spewing craziness to adult men, which is perfectly legal as far as the forum itself is concerned. But if he gets too explicit or attracts other sex offenders, I think he should be warned or temporary banned or permanently banned if he persists.
User avatar
MarcosZeitola
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2370
Joined: May 31st, 2014, 12:13 pm
Location: Phillipines

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:
February 9th, 2020, 3:35 pm
But here, on a public forum, the state would not mind because it can see everything Dan posts and will cite it as evidence if they deem necessary.

That's my rationale. But I'm not sure if it's correct or not.
Well, 'the state' has closed down websites for less, Winston. He's clearly a disturbed individual, and even though his forum posts may be public, what about private messages? A case could be made that an "out and proud" pedophile suffering from schizophrenia and delusions of grandeur might possibly PM other users asking for advice on how to groom kids. And a case could also be made that he is more likely than most to do this because in his latest rants, one may distil from all the gibberish that he's actively trying to set up some sort of polygamous underaged sex cult.

Frankly, even if he isn't a risk, what is the use of keeping such a nutjob around? He adds nothing of value and makes the place look bad.
User avatar
Shemp
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1157
Joined: November 22nd, 2014, 7:45 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by Shemp »

I thought Dan had been banned by YouTube, but no, he's still there: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCA48DnwZs3EMSfLb6KWTBRw

If YouTube didn't ban him, why should we?
User avatar
andrewfitzpatrick
Freshman Poster
Posts: 63
Joined: February 22nd, 2018, 2:40 pm

Re: Should we ban registered sex offender Dan Cilley?

Post by andrewfitzpatrick »

Shemp wrote:
February 10th, 2020, 9:51 am
I thought Dan had been banned by YouTube, but no, he's still there: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCA48DnwZs3EMSfLb6KWTBRw

If YouTube didn't ban him, why should we?
He has been banned numerous times from youtube for talking about child sex. He just starts a new account. There is plenty of material to get that account banned if someone wants to report the videos. Like the one he posted the other day about marrying 13 year olds.

Look at what you find on youtube when you search for Happier Abroad.




Videos talking about the site from the same guy talking about marrying 13 year olds.


Just look at what he posted here on the site recently. A long winded post about moving the Utah. His presence on this site doesn't even make sense. Utah isn't abroad. By allowing him here you get tainted by having an open advocate for child sex. Pointless considering he doesn't even plan on trying to achieve the goal of the site. FInding happiness abroad. What option would he even have if he tried? They put that you are a registered sex offender on your passport.
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19114&p=332591#p332591
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Suggestions, Feedback, Problem Reports, Troubleshooting”