CNN: Why More Women Choose to Stay Single

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

CNN: Why More Women Choose to Stay Single

Post by Traveler »

"1. A useless husband
If a woman is poor and only meets equally poor or poorer men, she's in a tough spot. It is no secret that many women do not choose to marry if the available partners will make their economic situation worse. In some of these cases, even if a woman has a child, she may be better off with government help than a nonworking, noninvolved husband.

"2. Success changes everything
When a woman is very privileged or highly successful, marriage could come very easily -- or not. Think of the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, who was married eight times. Or Oprah Winfrey, who for personal or professional reasons, is not married. Moreover, a woman doesn't need a husband who is a high-powered corporate attorney if she is a high-powered corporate attorney. Taking advantage of economic and professional opportunities could be undermined by committing to a partner with an equally ambitious, or different, life agenda. This kind of woman may wake up every day to new and exciting challenges and think, 'best to wait.'

"3. Unwilling to make traditional compromises
A woman who doesn't want to settle for cooking and cleaning and being the primary parent that society prefers. She is not meeting guys who want the kind of woman she is.

"4. The marriage penalty tax
Some women are in an income bracket where marriage inflicts economic costs. She would have to pay more taxes if she marries someone who earns approximately what she makes or more.

"5. Avoiding cheating men
A few years ago when I was in China, I had a conversation with some very beautiful female Chinese TV personalities about their personal life. I asked them why they were single and if they wanted to get married.The three women all said they didn't want to marry because 'the men of our class will all expect to have mistresses, and it is better not to marry than have to put up with that.' I have no idea if this was an exaggeration or not -- but they believed it.

"6. Waiting for the 'one'
These women wait for the perfect guy, or the guy who they would fall in love with and love them back just as much. If that man doesn't come along, they prefer to go alone. As women get pickier, more factors enter into the marriage equation."
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/15/opini ... gle-women/

So poor men are useless to women? Women demand equality when it's convenient for them but are unwilling to give up any of the traditional benefits of being female. They still want to marry up. They still want to benefit financially from a relationship.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: CNN: Why More Women Choose to Stay Single

Post by fschmidt »

No problem, Uliya is available in Ukraine.

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info20.htm

From an ad in this thread.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Traveler wrote:"1. A useless husband
If a woman is poor and only meets equally poor or poorer men, she's in a tough spot. It is no secret that many women do not choose to marry if the available partners will make their economic situation worse. In some of these cases, even if a woman has a child, she may be better off with government help than a nonworking, noninvolved husband.

"2. Success changes everything
When a woman is very privileged or highly successful, marriage could come very easily -- or not. Think of the likes of Elizabeth Taylor, who was married eight times. Or Oprah Winfrey, who for personal or professional reasons, is not married. Moreover, a woman doesn't need a husband who is a high-powered corporate attorney if she is a high-powered corporate attorney. Taking advantage of economic and professional opportunities could be undermined by committing to a partner with an equally ambitious, or different, life agenda. This kind of woman may wake up every day to new and exciting challenges and think, 'best to wait.'

"3. Unwilling to make traditional compromises
A woman who doesn't want to settle for cooking and cleaning and being the primary parent that society prefers. She is not meeting guys who want the kind of woman she is.

"4. The marriage penalty tax
Some women are in an income bracket where marriage inflicts economic costs. She would have to pay more taxes if she marries someone who earns approximately what she makes or more.

"5. Avoiding cheating men
A few years ago when I was in China, I had a conversation with some very beautiful female Chinese TV personalities about their personal life. I asked them why they were single and if they wanted to get married.The three women all said they didn't want to marry because 'the men of our class will all expect to have mistresses, and it is better not to marry than have to put up with that.' I have no idea if this was an exaggeration or not -- but they believed it.

"6. Waiting for the 'one'
These women wait for the perfect guy, or the guy who they would fall in love with and love them back just as much. If that man doesn't come along, they prefer to go alone. As women get pickier, more factors enter into the marriage equation."
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/10/15/opini ... gle-women/

So poor men are useless to women? Women demand equality when it's convenient for them but are unwilling to give up any of the traditional benefits of being female. They still want to marry up. They still want to benefit financially from a relationship.
I'm starting to hate that word "settle", it's right up with the word "deserve." But that's basically it, women won't settle these days. What's funny is this country was developed by "Settlers". My how we've changed.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

men ahve to settle too with women they dont want.
Break the chains
Freshman Poster

Post by Break the chains »

lol, the double standards again.

We shouldn't 'objectify' women and we should take what we can get. But it's okay for them to 'objectify' a man by swooning over his physical attractiveness or the size of his wallet (or other things)...

Get f***ed feminism.
newlifeinphilippines wrote:men ahve to settle too with women they dont want.
If they don't know there's an alternative, then yes.
Trying to be a better man
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 3rd, 2020, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Traveler wrote:"1. A useless husband
A man EQUALLY as poor as the woman is USELESS. :roll: So... what does that make her?

"I can ride the bus by myself." vs. "But I had potential." 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

fschmidt wrote:No problem, Uliya is available in Ukraine.

http://www.loveme.com/mp/info20.htm

From an ad in this thread.
Yeah, dream on :)
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Hello,

[~} This article is actually no laughing matter. The truth is ~ that men need females more than females need men. That is why feminism is so dangerous ~ a free female knows that all the males will chase her. The man's biological desire for the 3-letter word is much stronger than the female's. The only reason that females all over the earth are engaging in multiple-relations before marriage isn't because they need the 3-letter word. It is because there are men after them and there is no taboo on the 3-letter word before consummating it by marriage anymore. It is NOT because the female needs the 3-letter word. It is because the male needs it and is willing to accept any conditions put by the females to get it.

{(I humbly beg your pardon for being so crass ~ however, the basics of society have been disturbed by feminism. That is why I am forced to talk about these subjects!)}
Last edited by Anatol on October 23rd, 2014, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It is pretty freaking obvious. Females are single because the regime pays them to be single.
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Cornfed wrote:It is pretty freaking obvious. Females are single because the regime pays them to be single.
Hello,

This is false. The most salient reason is the one I provided before your statement.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Q. Why More Women Choose to Stay Single?

A. Women are not choosing to stay single, American men don't want to marry them. Fortunately small dogs make good replacement husbands. The numbers of men seeking foreign brides has increased since 2000.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Anatol
Junior Poster

Post by Anatol »

Taco wrote:Q. Why More Women Choose to Stay Single?

A. Women are not choosing to stay single, American men don't want to marry them. Fortunately small dogs make good replacement husbands. The numbers of men seeking foreign brides has increased since 2000.
Ha ha ha ha, what rubbish. Keep making yourself feel better, idiots ~

The TRUTH is that a female can be easily trained not to have children ~ that is what has happened in the last 15 years. They are happy with having pets like dogs and cats. Their careers are number 1 in their lives ~ another disease picked up from the stupid American male who wanted to make money at any cost.

American males always refuse to take responsibility for the messes they create ~ they wanted the females to be 'career-driven' so they could make money from them and they liked the idea of masculine women who pay their own bills ~ American men are fools and EXPERTS at digging their own graves. This much is obvious ~

WHAT BOGGLES ME INCESSANTLY IS HOW STUPID THE REST OF THE WORLD IS.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Anatol wrote:
Taco wrote:Q. Why More Women Choose to Stay Single?

Ha ha ha ha, what rubbish. Keep making yourself feel better, idiots ~

The TRUTH is that a female can be easily trained not to have children ~ that is what has happened in the last 15 years. They are happy with having pets like dogs and cats. Their careers are number 1 in their lives ~ another disease picked up from the stupid American male who wanted to make money at any cost.

American males always refuse to take responsibility for the messes they create ~ they wanted the females to be 'career-driven' so they could make money from them and they liked the idea of masculine women who pay their own bills ~ American men are fools and EXPERTS at digging their own graves. This much is obvious ~

WHAT BOGGLES ME INCESSANTLY IS HOW STUPID THE REST OF THE WORLD IS.
Ive been saying the bolded quote for years.....It is indeed the men who have laid down and allowed women to ramsack them for 50 years....All starting with the feminist movement and affirmative action and the worst of all No Fault Divorce by one Govenor Ronald Reagan in 1970...
gibraltar
Freshman Poster

Post by gibraltar »

LOL. It looks like American men are finally getting tired of being a slave to a loud mouth, independent American woman.

Since Men are no longer putting themselves through financial and emotional ruin, I guess the ladies are now getting pets to become the replacement slave.

I saw a 20 something white girl walking her small black dog on a leash. Guess what guys: be 100% happy you aren't on the end of that leash.

American woman can't find a man to control and boss around so they get a dog who won't fight back against their disgusting attitudes and enslavement.
Escape America Before It's too late! Check out my new website -> http://www.expatkings.com

My books on Amazon: Rio de Janeiro for Beginners | Best Countries for Black Men