Why Angeles City Sucks - 15 Reasons

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: An alternative view of Angeles

Post by OutWest »

Rock wrote:A poster on Global Nanpa wrote:

I am 47 years old and in good health.
I’m not struggling with a mid-life crisis. Everything is, or was, going well for me.

I was satisfied with my life. I was happy and content, or I thought I was. So what the hell happened to me?

I have a good job. I was satisfied with it. I have a great wife, we almost never argue. We have two fine children, a boy and a girl, both in college. I make good money with cash in the bank. We have a nice house and a summer place on the beach. Even the pets, two cats and a dog, get along well together.
I went fishing to Canada once a year with my buddies, played tennis almost every weekend, golfed occasionally, movies with the family sometimes, cards with other couples once in a while, poker with the boys a couple of times a month, a night out with the guys once every blue moon, and sex with the wife once every two weeks or so.

Now I don’t give a damn about my current life. So what could have possibly turned my world upside-down? I went to Angeles City in the Philippines.

My downfall started several years ago when the three friends I go fishing with to Canada every year decided instead to go to Angeles City. They said they’d heard the streets were lined with sexy, young, and beautiful women, that all you had to do was show up with some cash in your pocket.
I’d heard those stories about other places in the world but I discounted them. I told them that was just a tall tale, but they insisted they were going. I couldn’t persuade them to change their minds. They attempted to convince me to go also but I wasn’t interested.

Their first trip was June 2001. They left grown men and returned little kids. They walked around most of the time with silly grins on their faces, and acted like they had a big secret they were just itching to tell everyone but couldn’t. When they were alone with the other guys, all they talked about was Angeles City. They told the wildest stories I’d ever heard. I quite frankly thought they had lost their minds, relating outrageous tales that couldn’t possibly be true.

One night my wife asked me if I had noticed anything different about my friends. When I told her I hadn’t, she said that my friends’ wives, all friends of hers, had told her their husbands had been acting a little strange ever since they returned from the last fishing trip.
I had lied to her. Of course I knew why they had been behaving strangely. The Philippines had done it to them. My friends were ten years old again, always carrying that goofy grin on their faces. I couldn’t understand how one trip to that place could cause so many changes in them.

They went the next year too, in June 2002. This time they returned with photographs. They had shots with two or three girls in the pool at their hotel, in restaurants, even in their rooms. The girls were gorgeous, sexy and young. They weren’t lying about that.Those photographs were their prized possession. They would excitedly jab a finger at one of the pictures and their voices would jump an octave while they related one of their stories. It was really strange behavior for normally mature men in their forties.

They described sex acts with those girls that I had only dreamed about, things that I couldn’t even mention to my wife. She would have left me instantly if I had even remotely suggested it might be fun to have a threesome with another female. I can just about guarantee you those kinds of subjects are never broached with a white, middle-class, Baptist wife.

Despite their photos, the vivid descriptions and graphic details of their latest adventures, I didn’t entirely believe their stories. I told them those things just don’t happen. I admitted they probably had sex with those girls, but I said I just didn’t believe they had two or three of those girls in the bed and had sex with them all at the same time.

My buddies lost interest in everything except talking about Angeles City and planning their next trip. My wife noticed the changes too, asking why I wasn’t playing tennis or golfing with the guys anymore. I just told her that they had gotten busy doing other things lately. She gave me one of those “Oh yeah?� looks. She knew something was awry but since normalcy was still the standard in our house, she didn’t push me on the subject.

It was a few months after their second trip to the Philippines that the guy that worked in the same company with me, separated from his wife. He was the first one.I was shocked when my wife told me about it. His wife had been over to my house, crying on my wife’s shoulder, really balling her eyes out my wife said. She told my wife she didn’t understand her husband anymore, they hadn’t had sex in months, he had been really weird and that she had no idea why he wanted to leave her.

My friend refused to explain anything to his wife. He wouldn’t discuss it with his two kids who were already grown and out of the house. He just took off, leaving his wife alone.

I wondered if the Philippines had pushed him over the edge. I talked to him, asking him if he was sick or something. He replied that he didn’t want to be married anymore. I told him it was those trips to the Philippines that had screwed him up. I remember his response clearly to this day,
“You don’t understand. You just don’t understand. You have to go there to understand�.

Shortly thereafter he filed for divorce. I talked to him again, telling him he was stupid for throwing away everything he had worked for the last twenty-five years or so. He just sat there with a hang-dog look, slowly nodding his head back and forth. He acted like he was being coerced to do something against his will, yet in his next breath when he mentioned Angeles City, he was instantly transformed, happy and grinning again.

I thought he was just a weak individual with no self-control or self-discipline. I told him bluntly he was just letting the little head do the thinking for the big head and that he should grow up and get over it. He told me that wasn’t it and repeated that I just had to go there to understand. It was all completely beyond my comprehension.They made their third trip to Angeles City in June 2003. When they returned, all they talked about was going again. All they cared about was getting back to Angeles City. It was their sole topic every time I saw them. Their behavior and attitudes were totally alien to me.

The guy that worked in the company with me was now divorced. Within two weeks of returning from their third trip, another one of the guys left his wife. My wife began wondering out loud about those fishing trips to Canada but she never confronted me directly.

In February of this year, my company sent a team of us to Japan on business. The friend that was now divorced was a member. We had planned to spend two weeks in Japan. As it turned out, we finished in a week. My friend suggested we take a jaunt down to the Philippines. I told him I wasn’t interested but he persisted until I relented.I wasn’t concerned in the least about what the Philippines might do to me. What had happened to my friends wouldn’t happen to me. So what if there are young sexy girls in the Philippines? So what if I could have sex with them? I wasn’t worried. I wasn’t going to Angeles to have sex with those women. Some of those girls in Angeles were my daughter’s age. I couldn’t have sex with women that young, no way! I couldn’t even imagine having sex with women that young. I was going to merely see what all the fuss was about.

So now I have been back from Angeles City almost three months. I thought a trip to the Philippines wouldn’t phase me. I was wrong. I thought I could return to my normal life without any disruptions. I was wrong. I assumed when I returned home, the memories of the trip would fade. I was wrong. I thought I would be able to deal with whatever Angeles City threw at me. I was totally wrong!

I understand my friends now. Everything they told me is true. When we get together, we howl and laugh and slap each other on the back. We tell the same stories over and over. We are closer friends now than ever before, almost brothers. We are members of a special group, for we have been to Angeles City!!!!

My friend took me to the Champagne Club first. He was well known there, several girls squealing, laughing, grabbing him and greeting us as we walked in the door. In no time at all he had introduced me to four or five stunning beauties; and I could take one, two or all of them home with me? It was something I’d never thought possible. Within five minutes of entering the Champagne Club, I had succumbed to the charms of Angeles City. I didn’t realize it then but I was already lost forever.

All I want now is to go again. I dream of the first night in Angeles City that changed my life forever. I had two gorgeous, sweet girls, naked with me in the hotel swimming pool, taking showers with me, all three of us nude in the bed, doing things I had hardly even read about in racy novels.

Or I dream of the time I stayed with Maricel, only twenty years old with a soft, sexy, purring voice that will melt you like an ice cube in the hot Philippino sun. She has a body and face that would win beauty contests in the United States.We were together four glorious days and nights. We spend most of the days around the hotel pool, swimming, throwing the beach ball back and forth and splashing water. She would wrap her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck and pull me close while we were lounging in the water. Sitting by the pool she was always near me, touching me or holding my hand. Frequently she crawled up in my lap, playing with my ears or hair and kissing me on the neck, face and lips.

She was the most loving, affectionate and accommodating woman I’d ever met in my life. My wish was her command. She would run get my cigars, go to the store to pick up snacks for the room and take the dirty clothes to the laundry. You name it, she did it for me. She never complained about anything, not once in four days.We made love in the morning when we woke up. Usually in the late afternoon we’d make love again. At night we’d go out to eat and then go bar hopping. Afterwards we’d return to the hotel and make love again. She always wanted to sleep close to me, throwing an arm and a leg over my body. Sometimes I would just lay there listening to her soft breathing next to my ear while she slept. It was heaven!

She wasn’t jealous either. When we were in the clubs, I could call other girls over, buy them drinks and talk to them. She would sit close, always touching me while she joined in the conversations. She even told me it was ok if I wanted to take another girl with us.

Can you imagine a white woman volunteering to bring another chick home for sex? I thought I was dreaming. This couldn’t be happening. This young beautiful lady was willing to share me with another girl, at the same time? I told her “No� because I was so enraptured of her, I didn’t want to share her with anyone, not even another girl.

We were making love three times a day, sometimes more. During the day she would sometimes whisper in my ear, “Honey, let’s go inside.� We did it everywhere imaginable in the room, on the desk, on the floor, sitting on the couch, in the shower, everywhere! We even did it in the hotel pool late one night.

Any kind of sex I wanted was OK with her. In fact she showed me some things I’d never done before. If you can imagine it, I think we did it. Our love-making was indescribable!Never in my life had I felt like this. I had boundless energy the entire trip, even though I was sleeping only three or four hours a night. I feel twenty years younger now. I am full in spirit. I am alive!!!

Angeles City is amazing. Everyone smiles and greets you wherever you go, even the girls on the street. They hooted and hollered when I walked into the clubs where I was known. The guys living there were friendly. You could easily meet them anywhere, in the clubs, outdoor bars, Kokomo’s and other restaurants. They would spend time drinking a beer, chatting and relating their life experiences with you. I wanted to be like them. I wanted to live their lives.When I was in Angeles City, I was a new person. The world as I knew it had ceased to exist. I could speak freely. I didn’t have to modify my behavior for fear of repercussions. People left me alone. I could do just about anything I wanted and wouldn’t be criticized – there was no politically-correct bullshit in Angeles City.

I didn’t have to get up early and drag myself to work every day. I didn’t have a demanding boss looking over my shoulder. I didn’t have those relentless monthly bills that are unavoidable at home. I didn’t have to worry about changing the oil in the cars, cutting the grass, fixing the roof or catering to the wife’s needs. Hell, I didn’t even have to take out the garbage.I had miraculously escaped the rat race and the suffocating restrictions American society imposes on all of us.

Angles City!!!! This is the way it is supposed to be! I am free! I control my destiny!So after one trip to Angeles City, I found I was locked into my life at home, a life I didn’t want anymore. I thought I had lost my mind. My behavior changed, just as my friends’ did. My wife started asking me what was wrong with me. I could see the worried look on her face. She was concerned for my mental health. I wouldn’t, couldn’t explain anything to her. She suggested I see a psychiatrist. I did, explaining in much greater detail than here.While I talked for over an hour, the doc sat there with this incredulous look on his face. I wondered if he was deciding if I was a complete lunatic or planning his first trip to the Philippines.

He told me I wasn’t crazy, advising me to grow up, get over it and get on with my life, the same thing I had told my friends. Ironically I found myself repeating, just as my friends had to me,
“You don’t understand. You just don’t understand. You have to go there to understand�.

Going to the doctor didn’t do much good. I did decide I hadn’t totally lost my marbles, but I had lost interest in everything I had held dear before.

The job? The hell with it. I don’t care anymore. I still go to work because I have to. Believe me, if it wasn’t required, I wouldn’t set foot in the office another day. I have another 15 years to work before I’m eligible to retire. I don’t think I can last that long. Physically I’m ok. Mentally, I shudder to think I have to work another fifteen years before I can retire to the Philippines.

My hobbies? Tennis anyone? Screw it, I never play the game anymore. Fishing? I’ll give you my rods and reels, just drop by the house some afternoon. Golf? My clubs can turn to rust for all I care. Playing cards with the wife and friends? No thanks, it’s boring. Poker with the guys? Yeah but we just drink and talk about the Philippines. I seldom see a movie and I never watch TV anymore.

I had never spent a lot of time on the computer at home before I went to Angeles City but I do now, always checking the bulletin boards. I crave any information at all about the place. I cruise the Angeles City and bar web sites, looking at all the photos and devouring any news about the town. When the wife’s out of the house or sleeping, I chat with the girls I know there.I haven’t had sex with my wife since I returned from the Philippines. I’m not interested in sex with her anymore. We don’t even sleep in the same bedroom now. My wife has done nothing wrong but she’s losing me, 27 years of marriage down the toilet. She’s aware it’s happening but doesn’t understand why or how to stop it.

I am thrown into depression and despair when I hear her crying and sobbing through the wall at night, yet at the same time I’m wishing she would finally go to sleep so I can sneak off to the computer and chat with the girls in Angeles City. We are on the road to divorce and like my friends before me, it’s entirely my fault, yet I am powerless to change anything.

I know I can not go back to being the man I was previously. I admit to you I don’t even want to go back to my prior life, for I have been to the Elysian Fields. I am obsessed with returning. The desire to be on the streets, and in the bars in Angeles City is an overpowering drug I can not control. I can’t wait until I get on the plane again. It’s all I dream of.

I dislike myself though, for not being strong enough to resist the siren call of Angeles City. I abhor the thoughts, emotions and desires that lure me back to Fields Avenue, yet in the next second, my spirit soars and I am smiling again as I think of my next trip, but I hate myself for ruining my family’s lives. Sometimes I cry too, knowing what I will ultimately do to them.

Yet my thoughts about Angeles City never dissipate. I care to talk only of my experiences there. I am irresistibly drawn to Fields Avenue just as lemmings are to the sea. All I want is to get back to what was heaven on earth for me. It is the sole reason for my existence anymore.

If you are happy now, don’t go to Angeles City. Angeles City will destroy your life. Once you have visited that town, you will lose interest in everything and everyone at home. Every waking hour you will spend pmade lotting to return again, and again, and again, and again.

I am an Angeles City junkie now, addicted until I die.

Don’t go to Angeles City. Don’t ruin your life as I have done.

I met this one salesman from California who made 19 trips to the islands in 3 years...
mostly to AC...

outwest
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

odbo wrote:

I’m not struggling with a mid-life crisis. Everything is, or was, going well for me.

brb.. buying tickets to Angeles City
So you'd rather believe an anonymous poster rather than a fellow freethinker like me? lol

Anyway, when you come to AC, I'll put you to work as a volunteer cleaning up trash, like you suggested. lol

You obviously don't live in the real world. No Filipino here will work for free, and no expats will volunteer to do such a thing when they are here to enjoy themselves. So your suggestion earlier was totally dumb.

To AsiaBill: I don't agree. Manila has bad pollution too, but the pollution there is spread out, whereas in AC it is heavily concentrated. I've been to Manila many times and the pollution there isn't as concentrated or as bad. I usually hang out at Mall of Asia or Greenbelt, which are upscale clean places with good food choices. The air is less polluted there, but I dislike the humidity. Also, why do you say desert climates are worse? That doesn't make sense. No way. Deserts have clean air and nature. I've been all over Arizona and the air is clean and fresh and there is spectacular unparalleled nature, and the dry heat is not as bad as humid heat. See my pics in Arizona here:

http://www.happierabroad.com/Southwest_Photos.htm

To Rock: That's an interesting alternative view. Why don't you post my 15 reasons why AC sucks on that forum too, and see what the posters say? lol

To Ladislav: Yeah but you can't deny that the 15 reasons I cite are highly true. There's no doubt about that. And that's A LOT of negatives for sure.
Last edited by Winston on August 15th, 2011, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
AsiaBill
Freshman Poster

Post by AsiaBill »

Mabuhay Philippines "Rock" thank you so much for maybe the BEST description of how the Philippines and specifically the Angeles scene can change a man's atttitude and priorities in life. I was LUCKY arriving when I was 25 years old after 2 years in Europe and 1-1/2 years in Asia after teaching English in Seoul. I'd planned to stay 2 months, ended up spending 4+ months, took off to Thailand just to try to "shake" my attachment and contentment, after 2 weeks got "homesick" and went back to the Philippines. So I've also been married 27 years to a Filipina I met in Seoul a few years later; our first 10 to 14 years together she never said "No" always ready for my desires but eventually with menopause etc such desires were less frequent over the next 10+ years. But then I was welcome to go to Angeles City or "out with the boys" to pursue all kinds of fantasies with young Filipinas. I am NOT partial to young women and attracted to their shape whether they be 18 or 64 years old so NO WAY would I ignore my wife and continue to be very turned on to her at 57 years old. At 49 years old while in the States in a supermarket for example if I was only 2 aisles away for a few minutes when I went to join her some guy would be making his move / pass / pickup line with her; maybe she looked in her mid 30s then.

If your wife or any white Christian Baptist Lutheran or any women / wives from the wealthier G20 countries simply understood and ACCEPTED that we men wake up horny and remain so throughout the day would like to have sex as often as we eat, 2 or 3 or more times a day there wouldn't any problem with staying with them. I don't really believe in divorce but a more open minded, mutual acceptance of the differences between males and females. I'm favor women's liberation more than most women but total equality between the sexes is like communism, nice idea but it doesn't work.

I was satisfied with my life. I was happy and content, or I thought I was. So what the hell happened to me?

I have a good job. I was satisfied with it. I have a great wife, we almost never argue. We have two fine children, a boy and a girl, both in college. I make good money with cash in the bank. We have a nice house and a summer place on the beach. Even the pets, two cats and a dog, get along well together.
I went fishing to Canada once a year with my buddies, played tennis almost every weekend, golfed occasionally, movies with the family sometimes, cards with other couples once in a while, poker with the boys a couple of times a month, a night out with the guys once every blue moon, and sex with the wife once every two weeks or so.

Now I don’t give a damn about my current life. So what could have possibly turned my world upside-down? I went to Angeles City in the Philippines.

My downfall started several years ago when the three friends I go fishing with to Canada every year decided instead to go to Angeles City. They said they’d heard the streets were lined with sexy, young, and beautiful women, that all you had to do was show up with some cash in your pocket.
I’d heard those stories about other places in the world but I discounted them. I told them that was just a tall tale, but they insisted they were going. I couldn’t persuade them to change their minds. They attempted to convince me to go also but I wasn’t interested.

Their first trip was June 2001. They left grown men and returned little kids. They walked around most of the time with silly grins on their faces, and acted like they had a big secret they were just itching to tell everyone but couldn’t. When they were alone with the other guys, all they talked about was Angeles City. They told the wildest stories I’d ever heard. I quite frankly thought they had lost their minds, relating outrageous tales that couldn’t possibly be true.

One night my wife asked me if I had noticed anything different about my friends. When I told her I hadn’t, she said that my friends’ wives, all friends of hers, had told her their husbands had been acting a little strange ever since they returned from the last fishing trip.
I had lied to her. Of course I knew why they had been behaving strangely. The Philippines had done it to them. My friends were ten years old again, always carrying that goofy grin on their faces. I couldn’t understand how one trip to that place could cause so many changes in them.

They went the next year too, in June 2002. This time they returned with photographs. They had shots with two or three girls in the pool at their hotel, in restaurants, even in their rooms. The girls were gorgeous, sexy and young. They weren’t lying about that.Those photographs were their prized possession. They would excitedly jab a finger at one of the pictures and their voices would jump an octave while they related one of their stories. It was really strange behavior for normally mature men in their forties.

They described sex acts with those girls that I had only dreamed about, things that I couldn’t even mention to my wife. She would have left me instantly if I had even remotely suggested it might be fun to have a threesome with another female. I can just about guarantee you those kinds of subjects are never broached with a white, middle-class, Baptist wife.

Despite their photos, the vivid descriptions and graphic details of their latest adventures, I didn’t entirely believe their stories. I told them those things just don’t happen. I admitted they probably had sex with those girls, but I said I just didn’t believe they had two or three of those girls in the bed and had sex with them all at the same time.

My buddies lost interest in everything except talking about Angeles City and planning their next trip. My wife noticed the changes too, asking why I wasn’t playing tennis or golfing with the guys anymore. I just told her that they had gotten busy doing other things lately. She gave me one of those “Oh yeah?� looks. She knew something was awry but since normalcy was still the standard in our house, she didn’t push me on the subject.

It was a few months after their second trip to the Philippines that the guy that worked in the same company with me, separated from his wife. He was the first one.I was shocked when my wife told me about it. His wife had been over to my house, crying on my wife’s shoulder, really balling her eyes out my wife said. She told my wife she didn’t understand her husband anymore, they hadn’t had sex in months, he had been really weird and that she had no idea why he wanted to leave her.

My friend refused to explain anything to his wife. He wouldn’t discuss it with his two kids who were already grown and out of the house. He just took off, leaving his wife alone.

I wondered if the Philippines had pushed him over the edge. I talked to him, asking him if he was sick or something. He replied that he didn’t want to be married anymore. I told him it was those trips to the Philippines that had screwed him up. I remember his response clearly to this day,

Shortly thereafter he filed for divorce. I talked to him again, telling him he was stupid for throwing away everything he had worked for the last twenty-five years or so. He just sat there with a hang-dog look, slowly nodding his head back and forth. He acted like he was being coerced to do something against his will, yet in his next breath when he mentioned Angeles City, he was instantly transformed, happy and grinning again.

I thought he was just a weak individual with no self-control or self-discipline. I told him bluntly he was just letting the little head do the thinking for the big head and that he should grow up and get over it. He told me that wasn’t it and repeated that I just had to go there to understand. It was all completely beyond my comprehension.They made their third trip to Angeles City in June 2003. When they returned, all they talked about was going again. All they cared about was getting back to Angeles City. It was their sole topic every time I saw them. Their behavior and attitudes were totally alien to me.

The guy that worked in the company with me was now divorced. Within two weeks of returning from their third trip, another one of the guys left his wife. My wife began wondering out loud about those fishing trips to Canada but she never confronted me directly.

In February of this year, my company sent a team of us to Japan on business. The friend that was now divorced was a member. We had planned to spend two weeks in Japan. As it turned out, we finished in a week. My friend suggested we take a jaunt down to the Philippines. I told him I wasn’t interested but he persisted until I relented.I wasn’t concerned in the least about what the Philippines might do to me. What had happened to my friends wouldn’t happen to me. So what if there are young sexy girls in the Philippines? So what if I could have sex with them? I wasn’t worried. I wasn’t going to Angeles to have sex with those women. Some of those girls in Angeles were my daughter’s age. I couldn’t have sex with women that young, no way! I couldn’t even imagine having sex with women that young. I was going to merely see what all the fuss was about.

So now I have been back from Angeles City almost three months. I thought a trip to the Philippines wouldn’t phase me. I was wrong. I thought I could return to my normal life without any disruptions. I was wrong. I assumed when I returned home, the memories of the trip would fade. I was wrong. I thought I would be able to deal with whatever Angeles City threw at me. I was totally wrong!

I understand my friends now. Everything they told me is true. When we get together, we howl and laugh and slap each other on the back. We tell the same stories over and over. We are closer friends now than ever before, almost brothers. We are members of a special group, for we have been to Angeles City!!!!

My friend took me to the Champagne Club first. He was well known there, several girls squealing, laughing, grabbing him and greeting us as we walked in the door. In no time at all he had introduced me to four or five stunning beauties; and I could take one, two or all of them home with me? It was something I’d never thought possible. Within five minutes of entering the Champagne Club, I had succumbed to the charms of Angeles City. I didn’t realize it then but I was already lost forever.

All I want now is to go again. I dream of the first night in Angeles City that changed my life forever. I had two gorgeous, sweet girls, naked with me in the hotel swimming pool, taking showers with me, all three of us nude in the bed, doing things I had hardly even read about in racy novels.

Or I dream of the time I stayed with Maricel, only twenty years old with a soft, sexy, purring voice that will melt you like an ice cube in the hot Philippino sun. She has a body and face that would win beauty contests in the United States.We were together four glorious days and nights. We spend most of the days around the hotel pool, swimming, throwing the beach ball back and forth and splashing water. She would wrap her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck and pull me close while we were lounging in the water. Sitting by the pool she was always near me, touching me or holding my hand. Frequently she crawled up in my lap, playing with my ears or hair and kissing me on the neck, face and lips.

She was the most loving, affectionate and accommodating woman I’d ever met in my life. My wish was her command. She would run get my cigars, go to the store to pick up snacks for the room and take the dirty clothes to the laundry. You name it, she did it for me. She never complained about anything, not once in four days.We made love in the morning when we woke up. Usually in the late afternoon we’d make love again. At night we’d go out to eat and then go bar hopping. Afterwards we’d return to the hotel and make love again. She always wanted to sleep close to me, throwing an arm and a leg over my body. Sometimes I would just lay there listening to her soft breathing next to my ear while she slept. It was heaven!

She wasn’t jealous either. When we were in the clubs, I could call other girls over, buy them drinks and talk to them. She would sit close, always touching me while she joined in the conversations. She even told me it was ok if I wanted to take another girl with us.

Can you imagine a white woman volunteering to bring another chick home for sex? I thought I was dreaming. This couldn’t be happening. This young beautiful lady was willing to share me with another girl, at the same time? I told her “No� because I was so enraptured of her, I didn’t want to share her with anyone, not even another girl.

We were making love three times a day, sometimes more. During the day she would sometimes whisper in my ear, “Honey, let’s go inside.� We did it everywhere imaginable in the room, on the desk, on the floor, sitting on the couch, in the shower, everywhere! We even did it in the hotel pool late one night.

Any kind of sex I wanted was OK with her. In fact she showed me some things I’d never done before. If you can imagine it, I think we did it. Our love-making was indescribable!Never in my life had I felt like this. I had boundless energy the entire trip, even though I was sleeping only three or four hours a night. I feel twenty years younger now. I am full in spirit. I am alive!!!

Angeles City is amazing. Everyone smiles and greets you wherever you go, even the girls on the street. They hooted and hollered when I walked into the clubs where I was known. The guys living there were friendly. You could easily meet them anywhere, in the clubs, outdoor bars, Kokomo’s and other restaurants. They would spend time drinking a beer, chatting and relating their life experiences with you. I wanted to be like them. I wanted to live their lives.When I was in Angeles City, I was a new person. The world as I knew it had ceased to exist. I could speak freely. I didn’t have to modify my behavior for fear of repercussions. People left me alone. I could do just about anything I wanted and wouldn’t be criticized – there was no politically-correct bullshit in Angeles City.

I didn’t have to get up early and drag myself to work every day. I didn’t have a demanding boss looking over my shoulder. I didn’t have those relentless monthly bills that are unavoidable at home. I didn’t have to worry about changing the oil in the cars, cutting the grass, fixing the roof or catering to the wife’s needs. Hell, I didn’t even have to take out the garbage.I had miraculously escaped the rat race and the suffocating restrictions American society imposes on all of us.

Angles City!!!! This is the way it is supposed to be! I am free! I control my destiny!So after one trip to Angeles City, I found I was locked into my life at home, a life I didn’t want anymore. I thought I had lost my mind. My behavior changed, just as my friends’ did. My wife started asking me what was wrong with me. I could see the worried look on her face. She was concerned for my mental health. I wouldn’t, couldn’t explain anything to her. She suggested I see a psychiatrist. I did, explaining in much greater detail than here.While I talked for over an hour, the doc sat there with this incredulous look on his face. I wondered if he was deciding if I was a complete lunatic or planning his first trip to the Philippines.

He told me I wasn’t crazy, advising me to grow up, get over it and get on with my life, the same thing I had told my friends. Ironically I found myself repeating, just as my friends had to me,

Going to the doctor didn’t do much good. I did decide I hadn’t totally lost my marbles, but I had lost interest in everything I had held dear before.

The job? The hell with it. I don’t care anymore. I still go to work because I have to. Believe me, if it wasn’t required, I wouldn’t set foot in the office another day. I have another 15 years to work before I’m eligible to retire. I don’t think I can last that long. Physically I’m ok. Mentally, I shudder to think I have to work another fifteen years before I can retire to the Philippines.

My hobbies? Tennis anyone? Screw it, I never play the game anymore. Fishing? I’ll give you my rods and reels, just drop by the house some afternoon. Golf? My clubs can turn to rust for all I care. Playing cards with the wife and friends? No thanks, it’s boring. Poker with the guys? Yeah but we just drink and talk about the Philippines. I seldom see a movie and I never watch TV anymore.

I had never spent a lot of time on the computer at home before I went to Angeles City but I do now, always checking the bulletin boards. I crave any information at all about the place. I cruise the Angeles City and bar web sites, looking at all the photos and devouring any news about the town. When the wife’s out of the house or sleeping, I chat with the girls I know there.I haven’t had sex with my wife since I returned from the Philippines. I’m not interested in sex with her anymore. We don’t even sleep in the same bedroom now. My wife has done nothing wrong but she’s losing me, 27 years of marriage down the toilet. She’s aware it’s happening but doesn’t understand why or how to stop it.

I am thrown into depression and despair when I hear her crying and sobbing through the wall at night, yet at the same time I’m wishing she would finally go to sleep so I can sneak off to the computer and chat with the girls in Angeles City. We are on the road to divorce and like my friends before me, it’s entirely my fault, yet I am powerless to change anything.

I know I can not go back to being the man I was previously. I admit to you I don’t even want to go back to my prior life, for I have been to the Elysian Fields. I am obsessed with returning. The desire to be on the streets, and in the bars in Angeles City is an overpowering drug I can not control. I can’t wait until I get on the plane again. It’s all I dream of.

I dislike myself though, for not being strong enough to resist the siren call of Angeles City. I abhor the thoughts, emotions and desires that lure me back to Fields Avenue, yet in the next second, my spirit soars and I am smiling again as I think of my next trip, but I hate myself for ruining my family’s lives. Sometimes I cry too, knowing what I will ultimately do to them.

Yet my thoughts about Angeles City never dissipate. I care to talk only of my experiences there. I am irresistibly drawn to Fields Avenue just as lemmings are to the sea. All I want is to get back to what was heaven on earth for me. It is the sole reason for my existence anymore.

If you are happy now, don’t go to Angeles City. Angeles City will destroy your life. Once you have visited that town, you will lose interest in everything and everyone at home. Every waking hour you will spend plotting to return again, and again, and again, and again.

Life is Short! Traveling and the people you meet and experiences you have "on the road" will enhance your life forever so GO FOR IT! Feel FREE to ask me Questions about living and traveling in Asia & the Philippines.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. A Filipino friend posted my essay about why AC sucks on his Facebook wall. A lot of his Filipino friends were offended by it and went into denial, as you can see in the comments. Some even claimed that Thailand was worse. lol Yet 100 percent of expats say that Thailand is cleaner and has better food. These people are so emotional and deny the obvious and do not care about truth.

He also carbon copied it the Mayor of Angeles through Facebook too. I wonder why he did that. That could get me in trouble, plus it's not like the mayor is going to do anything about it. Problems in society do not get solved unless there is profit involved. Plus the PI government does not enforce many laws. If one could clean up a city by simply telling the mayor about it, everyone would do that and there would be no dirty polluted places in the world. lol

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Now might be a good time to start making exit plans.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

If you are happy now, don’t go to Angeles City. Angeles City will destroy your life. Once you have visited that town, you will lose interest in everything and everyone at home. Every waking hour you will spend plotting to return again, and again, and again, and again.

This is exactly what happened to me, but I go sucked into Thailand first rather than the Philippines. I went to Phuket in the Navy and my life was never the same after that in regards to women and life in America. I tried to live a normal life in America once I got out but Thailand was always in the back of my head. I eventually left the states for good, going to Thailand. But the money wasn't enough there so went to Korea. After Korea I had enough money to hang around in Thailand for a bit but ended up in the Philippines first; never ended up leaving. My Philippine fix is about over, mainly by living here for so long, but I don't think my Thailand fix is yet. Although, I don't have the same enthusiasm for P4P bars as I did before, cause now I know 90% of the women are damaged goods in some way and can never be fixed. They put on a good act when you are a tourist or in a casual relationship, but they don't generally make good GF's or wives. That's the illusion of both places and these places get guys like the above cause they have never been treated so good by a woman before. But once you get with one of these bar girls and decide to give your life to them, they f**k up your life in different ways then how a Western woman might. I'm over them now, they ar just like going to a carnival. You enjoy the ride then get off. I'm more interested in traveling to countries where the women are easier to get with, but not necessarily P4P all the time, although once in a while still doesn't bother me. I'm really itching to visit South America and see how easy the girls are there...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Mr S wrote:
This is exactly what happened to me, but I go sucked into Thailand first rather than the Philippines. I went to Phuket in the Navy and my life was never the same after that in regards to women and life in America. I tried to live a normal life in America once I got out but Thailand was always in the back of my head. I eventually left the states for good, going to Thailand. But the money wasn't enough there so went to Korea. After Korea I had enough money to hang around in Thailand for a bit but ended up in the Philippines first; never ended up leaving. My Philippine fix is about over, mainly by living here for so long, but I don't think my Thailand fix is yet. Although, I don't have the same enthusiasm for P4P bars as I did before, cause now I know 90% of the women are damaged goods in some way and can never be fixed. They put on a good act when you are a tourist or in a casual relationship, but they don't generally make good GF's or wives. That's the illusion of both places and these places get guys like the above cause they have never been treated so good by a woman before. But once you get with one of these bar girls and decide to give your life to them, they f**k up your life in different ways then how a Western woman might. I'm over them now, they ar just like going to a carnival. You enjoy the ride then get off. I'm more interested in traveling to countries where the women are easier to get with, but not necessarily P4P all the time, although once in a while still doesn't bother me. I'm really itching to visit South America and see how easy the girls are there...
Actually, his case and those of the friends he mentioned sound a bit different than yours. The American women they were married to all sounded OK, especially his own. He made them out to loyal and all that. Its just that, they got less physically attractive with age, just like men do. He portrayed himself as the bad guy and felt guilty. What the guys discovered was that in Angeles, they could enjoy the illusion of a second youth by hanging-out and bedding very young women.

In your case, you were young when you went to Thailand for the first time. But you were a lot more popular there than in the States. The guys above are doing strict P4P. You could have avoided P4P entirely if you had wanted and still done well.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Rock wrote:
Mr S wrote:
Actually, his case and those of the friends he mentioned sound a bit different than yours. The American women they were married to all sounded OK, especially his own. He made them out to loyal and all that. Its just that, they got less physically attractive with age, just like men do. He portrayed himself as the bad guy and felt guilty. What the guys discovered was that in Angeles, they could enjoy the illusion of a second youth by hanging-out and bedding very young women.

In your case, you were young when you went to Thailand for the first time. But you were a lot more popular there than in the States. The guys above are doing strict P4P. You could have avoided P4P entirely if you had wanted and still done well.
I meant not the lives they had then left, but the attitude that those countries created in me was similar to theirs. They were all middle aged guys but they loved the variety and the ease of getting sex and the girls being so nice to them and all that. That's what I was talking about. I never was satisfied with American women coming back. Actually I never experienced an American woman until after the Navy, so I was initially corrupted by Thailand to begin with. But I understand what the guys were feeling. IF I had never gone to Thailand I probably would have traveled somewhere else and figured out women were cooler overseas eventually. Thailand and Philippines are like a drug to some guys, especially if you have a high sex drive and can't full fill it back where you come from. The attitude and craving to go back there is what I can relate to, plus be able to f**k as many hot broads as you can afford. That was my mode of thinking before I ended up living here in PI for an extended time period. I've gotten it out of my system, but most guys probably don't if they don't live there and can only visit occasionally. I could probably have just as much fun living in Thailand for a few years like I did in Philippines and not get bored with the bars, but eventually they woud probably bore me as well like they have in Philippines. But I can't make the same money there as I can in Philippines and the visas are stricter than in PI. PI you can just live here forever as long as you can afford to renew your visa every 2 months as a tourist and fly out every 14 months at least or less.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is what a part-time AC expat I know said about this essay:

"hello you are so right about angeles city, that why iam in state now, iam walking and doing exercise in public park and no pollution, i cant take ac that long, i will be back mid october but i will only stay till dec 3rd, looking for other places but not europe, take care hope i see u in mid october;
kenny"

Next, here are some comments from a really smart expat I know in Palawan:

"Hi Winston,

I agree 100% with all of your points!
1. The air quality is the worst and most polluted in the Philippines. It is toxic and poisonous and gives most people eventual health problems of all sorts. This is definitely a very unhealthy environment to be in. Expats report getting sicker more frequently in Angeles City than in anywhere else.
Well, there are many polluted places in the world of course. But yes, go out and exercise, and you'll kill yourself way faster than if you don't exercise at all!
2. The streets are dirty, filthy, and unsanitary. There is garbage littered everywhere. No one takes responsibility for it or cleans it up. Everyone just lets it be. Walking through Angeles City is like walking through a slum or garbage dump. Very disgusting. I'm used to far better. Most streets do not even have sidewalks for safe pedestrian walking, so that you pretty much share the road with vehicles. One wrong step could result in a collision and injury from being hit by a vehicle.
Some people (like me) can tolerate that, and find a certain "excitement" in never knowing what will lie along the road. In America you could walk 1,000 miles along city streets and all you would see are 1,000 miles of clean sidewalks with no holes to fall into. A bit boring! For me the main benefit of life in the Philippines is not living under a thousand different laws all the time. The West feels, for me, like a prison. You can't do what you want to, you don't feel safe doing anything even in your own yard, and it is said that the Feds can put anyone they want to away immediately for 3 felonies that they weren't even aware of. The West is becoming Orwellian with its technologies... technologies that the 3rd world can in no way afford. I could speed (at twice the speed limit if there was one) all the way into town (46 miles) and no one would care or stop me.

Yes, life is more hazardous in the Philippines. But what fun is life when all thrills and surprises are taken away and beaten down by endless law enforcement?
3. There is no nice place to walk with fresh air, and no decent park or naturesque scene. Every other city I've lived in has at least a few nice places to walk with grass, trees, lakes and fresh air, except for Angeles City. The only actual clean place to walk is inside the oxygen-deprived SM Clark Mall. But who wants to live inside a mall everyday, that is built for commercial purposes and in getting you to waste money buying things you don't need? There is nothing fresh or natural in Angeles City. The town is all concrete, filth and pollution.
Absolutely. I don't understand how ANYONE (even you) can enjoy life in AC.
4. The weather, heat and humidity are extreme, unhealthy and uncomfortable. High heat and humidity are constant year round. Heat and humidity are the worst weather combination, and the most unhealthy combination as well. It is dangerous to exercise in humidity because your body has trouble cooling off during perspiration, so it may overheat and overwork itself trying to cool off. Also, when you exercise in pollution, you breath in faster and deeper, so the polluted air gets into your lungs quicker and deeper. (Google "heat and humidity effect on health" and "pollution and health" for articles about this)

Heat and humidity, coupled with pollution, is the worst combination, for both your comfort and health. All three create a breeding ground for excess bacteria and mold, which contaminates your health and food. It is also very uncomfortable to be sweating all the time, and annoying to have to wipe sweat off your forehead every minute. Why put up with that if you don't have to?! Outdoor air should be enjoyed. But in Angeles City (and Manila too) you have to constantly stay indoors with air conditioning in order to escape the heat and humidity. That's terrible. It makes it difficult to enjoy the outdoors, thus lowering your quality of life and comfort. Also, having your air conditioner on all the time jacks up your electricity bill big time, especially since electricity costs in the Philippines are very high, higher than in First World countries even. But if you are under extreme heat and humidity all the time, you have no choice. That's what sucks. You can't avoid it. Why be uncomfortable all the time? It makes no sense, and it's insane to put up with that.
Absolutely. And you know how HELLISH AC can become when the power is out for 12 hours and you don't go into the mall. One day soon, when society/infrastructure breaks down or becomes economically unsustainable, there will be no Internet, water, electricity in AC. I can not even imagine living in that.
5. The infrastructure is poor and shitty. Most buildings look decaying and made of the lowest quality materials. Most streets look like slums. If you come from a First World Country, then being in Angeles feels like a lowering and degrading of your status. You feel like you've sunk way down into the ghetto. It's nothing to be proud of, but something to be ashamed of. The lack of culture shows in the buildings. There are almost no sidewalks for safe comfortable pedestrian walking. Instead, you have share the road with trikes and vehicles passing nearby, and look out for them constantly. If you take a step and forget to look both ways even once, you could be hit by a vehicle. This means that one mistake of forgetfulness could result in serious injury to you. If that doesn't spell "low class ghetto", then I don't know what does.
Absolutely. Buildings are never repainted after they are first built. And because of the pollution, a new building looks crappy after just a few months.
6. The local food and general food quality is disgusting, classless, and considered the worst in Asia. Filipino local food is unedible to foreigners, who are unanimous that it is the worst they've tasted in all of Asia. In every other Asian country, local food is good to foreigners - the Philippines is the only exception. Foreigners are unanimous on this. (But of course, they will only mention this to other foreigners, not to Filipinos so as not to offend them) The Philippines is also the only Asian country that is not vegetarian-friendly. Restaurants are also way overpriced for the value that they give you. Most Filipino-owned restaurant chains, including expat places, charge high prices while giving you small portions and low quality food. They are a bad value for the price they charge. In America, you get a lot more food for the same price in restaurants, and at much better quality too. I can give many specific examples. It is very difficult to find decent food in AC. The nearest place from Angeles to find good food is in upscale areas and malls of Manila and Makati. But other than that, food is mostly a disappointing experience in Angeles. In addition, it is also hard to eat healthy in the Philippines, as most of the food in the supermarket is junk, and there is no efficient quality control in food production and safety standards. Neither are the Filipino public even informed or educated about nutrition and health.
Absolutely! Filipinos can not tell good food from bad, have no idea or concern for what's in it, and rarely try new foods. Bring a Filipino into ANY foreign restaurant and you know what they will order -- chick and rice, or spaghetti. Here in Palawan, we do get excellent vegetarian and vegan food, so what other people want to eat is no concern of mine.
7. Public transportation is very uncomfortable. There are no buses except heading out of town, and taxis are few and very expensive. The two main forms of transportation, jeepneys and trikes (motorcycles attached to passenger boxes), require you to bend down into tightly cramped spaces, or in the case of jeepneys, squish yourself tightly between other passengers and crouch down low to get on and off them. If you are old, claustrophobic, or sensitive/fragile, then this will be very uncomfortable and taxing on your body. Moreover, trikes in AC are a ripoff because they charge the highest rates in the Philippines.
Public transport here is very cheap (usually 7-8 pesos for a trike ride, per person), and the trikes are larger and protected from the rain (even the driver), but the jeepneys are generally small "multicabs". I have a car now, so I don't care LOL.
8. Products in general are low quality and shoddy. Things tend to break easily or erode quickly. Clothes you buy tend to fade in color and texture after only a few washes. Food tends to be composed of bad quality ingredients that are unhealthy and unsafe to consume. Quality and reliability are not things you can count on.
Absolutely. There is a theory that the Philippines gets China's "seconds". The top quality stuff goes to the West where people have more money and complain more. The stuff that fails inspection or just barely passes ends up here. Try to buy a dinner plate without some kind of ceramic blemish.
9. Foreigners are usually limited to dating the poorest of the poor girls, often of low quality too. When I say poor, I don't mean that they only have a few hundred dollars in the bank. I mean that they can't even buy a coke or sandwich unless YOU buy it for them. This means they can't contribute to anything and you will have to pay for everything and be totally leeched off of by an incapable girl of the lowest class. It will be a completely unequal relationship in that regard, and in other ways as well. Thus, only guys who enjoy being sugar daddies and Santa Clauses will enjoy such a role. The rest of us will feel like we are seriously compromising ourselves by dating girls of far lower class - reaching way down into the ghetto slum pools to get our fill, so to speak. Either way, such types and you are a total unequal mismatch. You have nothing in common and no mental/spiritual/romantic connection, as they are way too simple and uneducated, and cannot provide any intelligent meaningful conversation or dialogue. Other than meaningless passionless sex, you will find her very boring, as there is nothing to talk about. Your mind and soul are at such different levels that it will be difficult to expand them together. Sure you can teach and educate her, but it will be a long slow process against the tide.

On the other hand, girls with money or who are middle class and can pay their own way, are usually only interested in Filipino guys. They will put up a wall between you and them, and to strangers in general, for they are closed and cliquish. As we all know, women become far less social once they have money. So essentially, you will not be able to date women of your own class here. The only relationships available to you are very unequal ones mentioned above. Personally, I find it very insulting and offensive if no one wants to be with me unless they are broke and need me to pay for everything. This means that the "friendship" between foreigner and Filipina is not really true, for when they have money, they no longer want to be your friend. Simple as that. Of course there are exceptions, but that is how it generally is, especially in the Angeles area since there is a negative stigma toward foreigners there due to the regular influx of foreign whoremongers there. So if you seek middle class quality Filipinas from decent families, you will have better luck outside of Angeles City.

Sadly, what this means is that unless your low class Filipina partner (who can't even afford to buy a sandwich) is giving you sex, she basically has no value and brings nothing to the table. She will not provide intelligent meaningful conversation, cannot contribute financially to your expenses and outings together, cannot drive you around in her car (nor can her family), cannot invite you to parties (unless you are treating everyone), cannot teach you anything, cannot buy you gifts on your birthday or treat you, and will not have any romantic or mental connection with you. (Ok well maybe she will cook and clean for you at least) Furthermore, Filipinas lack passion and intensity, for they are very relaxed and low key, so your relationship will likely be passionless as well.

Also, only a small percentage of Filipinas are attractive. Most of them are short, have unattractive features, and are not refined in terms of their skin or behavior. They also do not age well, nor do they know how to keep themselves healthy.
What you say about wealthier Filipinas might be true, but bear in mind that there are EXTREMELY few of them. And also remember that what Filipinos call "middle class" is still poverty by American standards. If you come to a poor country, expect poor women.
10. Every year in Angeles City, prices go up and quality goes down. This happens in spite of the poor quality of the products, services and food. Costs rise for no reason, as the Philippines does not follow any linear logic. The only constants are greed, chaos and stupidity. Furthermore, the attitude of the bar girls gets worse every year too. They want more money but give less (in terms of action, affection and time). Many expats have concurred with this assessment.
Absolutely - chaos, greed and stupidity. You need to really shop around; one time I was buying a memory card for a phone in SM in AC. The price for the SAME card in different stores was P1500, P1200, P1200 and P400. Needless to say, I shopped in the last one and bought one at twice the capacity for less than the other stores charged for the one I was looking for.

Inflation in the Philippines is high. I don't know what level, but I would guess 10-15%. I don't like keeping money in cash, though I have to, to a certain extent. If you put everything you have into investments, it's hard to liquidate when you need it.

Here's another point you should have added: You can barely TRUST anyone in the Philippines. There are two people in the Philippines that I trust, as well as you because despite our past differences you are one of those rare people who value truth.

I will NEVER pay another Filipino in advance. Their attitude is, "Wow, I have the money already... so now why do I need to work?"

I will also NEVER put myself into a position where I must trust someone. I will only enter into deals where either there is no contract, or the person that will need to do any suing is the other party. For example, if someone wants to borrow money (and in the Philippines, "borrow" means "give"!), I will take collateral that exceeds the loan.
11. It is very hard to find intelligent meaningful conversation in Angeles City. Such a thing is totally alien and unnatural there. Most Filipinos are very simple and understand only practical things. Many are also semi-retarded too, to put it bluntly. Not surprisingly, the average statistical IQ in the Philippines is only 86, which is one of the lowest in the world, next to Africa. Most Filipinos do not have communication skills or intelligent meaningful ideas and observations to share. They are not curious and do not like to learn new things (unless their job forces them to learn something new). Truly smart people in Angeles City will feel like "intellectual giants", as they say. Thus it is difficult to connect and bond with locals when conversation itself is awkward.

This applies to the foreign expats in Angeles as well. AC tends to attract the lowest quality expats. Most are scums, drunkards, or insensitive types with personality problems. They tend to be either cold and silent, or macho dominating know-it-all types. Both types tend to be insensitive and unfeeling, and have a depraved vibe about them. Spiritual people like me tend to feel bad vibes around them and from the bad environment as well.
I don't know about the expats... I met some intelligent ones, but then I don't talk to bar-men. But certainly with Filipinos, it is extremely hard to have an intelligent conversation. I do know at least two here in Palawan, a computer store owner (who believes in our "conspiracy theories" and even passes out the conspiracy DVDs!) and a former deputy Governor of Palawan (#2 guy) who is similar.
12. There is nothing to do in Angeles City other than the go go bars on Fields Ave and Friendship Road. These places can be fun and fulfill some of your fantasies. But they have a greedy, hustling, depraved environment that is bad for your soul and emotions. Plus, if you sleep with many bar girls, it will erode your ability to truly love a woman, and cheapen the enjoyment of sex for you. It also does not feel good to be around depraved, greedy, hustling people all the time. People of such low quality and depravity with no shame or class are a bad influence. Furthermore, visitors to AC consistently report that every year, the bar girls get more greedy and their attitude gets worse. They demand more money but give less in terms of time, affection and action. Even worse, the percentage of attractive bar girls seems to get less and less every year. And all the while, prices still keep going up, in a town run by greed, corruption and chaos.
Well, I suppose there are places to go if you have transport. But yes, texting, sex, going to the mall, and watching "Willie" on IQ-lowering TV shows is all that Filipinos want to do. Oh, and cockfighting. I broke up a cock fight this morning on MY LAND next to my house and am fining the participants (my neighbors) P1000, which I will donate to the school... or else I take this to the police. Cock fights need to be on approved days, in licensed cockfighting rings.
13. Pushy hustling rude people are everywhere, especially on Fields Ave seeking cash from foreigners. Beggars are everywhere. They get in your face, follow you and touch you, having no respect for any boundaries. Street hawkers and peddlers are also very pushy and in your face. They have no manners, follow you and don't take no for an answer. These people are very uninhibited and try to push their will onto you, having no respect for boundaries. And the many trike drivers parked call out to you as you walk by, as though you were a dog, with a commanding voice telling you what to do, rather than asking you, with no consideration for where you are going. You could be walking across the street, and they will still command you to get in their trike, even though you don't need one. But of course, they don't care. They want you to go anywhere, even if you don't need to go there, so you can pay them. They never ask "Would you like..." Instead, they command you and force their will onto you. It all gets very annoying after a while, especially if you experience it everyday.
Absolutely. My solution to these pushy beggars who actually touch and pull on your clothes is (1) shout at them and when that doesn't work (2) push them away hard.
14. If you are a foreigner, you are automatically assigned a Santa Claus/sugar daddy role, and treated like a walking ATM machine, whether you like it or not. No one asks your permission before putting you in such a role. You are stereotyped into the role of a stupid foreigner who is perpetually generous with bottomless pockets and LOVES to give out free cash to anyone in need. You are expected to be a pure giver, while expecting nothing in return (Since you have unlimited wealth, why would you need to take anything from others?). In short, you will be seen as a "walking ATM machine". This is why men who enjoy being sugar daddies tend to flock to the Philippines. But if you are frugal and like to spend wisely, you will not fit into this expectation, but will feel that it is an intrusion on your rights and free will. You will not feel respected at all. You will be judged by how generous you are, not how smart you are, which is very dehumanizing.

Furthermore, if you date a Filipina from a very poor family, her family will take advantage of you and expect you to support them with free cash and gifts. They will try to make you feel obligated to help them with financial problems and be their "walking ATM machine", while expecting nothing in return. You will be expected to be a "happy giver" while they are glad to be "happy receivers". After all, to these broke families, receiving is the highest desire, even if they call themselves Christian or Catholic. No respect will be given to you, for deep down, they do not give a rat's ass about you and do not care about you at all, period. All they care about is the cash and generosity you give to them, taking advantage of your affiliation to their daughter. Thus, your financial needs and goals will not matter and no consideration will be given to them. All your cash will be seen as "extra cash" that you don't need, since you have bottomless pockets in their mind. But if you do not play the role of a happy giver and supporter, they will resent you and respect you even less. In short, nothing good will come out of your relations with them. Thus many expats elect to have nothing to do with these families, for technically, you stand to gain nothing from them and a lot to lose (in terms of money, pressure and expectations).
Well, I have ended up lucky with Anne. Her family doesn't ask her at all for money, even borrowing money rather than asking her. And Anne herself is one of the two people here I trust implicitly. She even asks permission to buy a P60 dress.

I know you disagree, but I view every relationship as an exchange. If someone has what you want (beauty, sex, ego massage) and you have what they need (money, lifestyle), AND you like each other, then so what. You both give the other what they don't have. That's why men usually go for women -- women have the bits we need, and vice versa :)
15. The expats in Angeles City tend to be low quality. They consist of drunkards, whoremongers, assholes, guys with personality problems, eccentric unpleasant personalities, dominating macho know-it-alls unable to tolerate disagreement, insensitive unfeeling types, etc. It's hard to find decent quality expats or intelligent sincere foreigners. Most expats are either cold and silent with personality problems, or macho dominating know-it-alls who are insensitive and unfeeling. These types tend to only like to talk about practical matters, not intellectual/philosophical topics. You won't find romantic sensitive passionate type of guys (like me) among them. These are not genuinely nice guys.
Absolutely. And how many vegetarian foreigners are in the Philippines? The unthinking ex-military rednecks and fat German slobs are the last people on Earth to have morals or concern over health... until they learn they have cancer or drop dead from a heart attack.
Geez! My portable electric stove just broke while I was frying an egg! The coils won't heat up anymore! Now I can't even cook anymore! My rice cooker and toaster are also broken too! f**k man! I've never had a toaster break in the US before, not even a used one I got from the thrift store!

Everything here just sucks! I hate it! And while I was trying to fix the stove by shaking it and turning it on and off, to no avail, sweat kept pouring down my head! So f***ing annoying! Everything here sucks so bad! Sheesh!
Well, yes, things break but that's generally true wherever you go. Remember, quality of goods is going down globally. That electric stove you buy in Wal*Mart will break pretty soon too. The only real difference is that Wal*Mart will give you a refund if it happens within the warranty period... another point for you: There is basically a "No refund, no return after 7 days" policy in most Filipino stores. You need to kick up a real stink or get a lawyer involved (which I actually did in AC) in order to get them to do the right thing. They know that Filipinos are too timid/poor to do that."

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. This denialist guy in the Facebook thread below said regarding my essay that he loves Angeles City, that I am wrong, and that he wants to make a list of things that he loves about it.

Tim Tayag - I love Angeles. It is the city I grew up in. The author has a few points but he is basing his whole opinion on field avenue, which is a very small part of Angeles. It's like going to a ghetto in California and saying the whole of California sucks. Plus his claims are not backed up by facts, merely opinions of a bitter guy. I will start a list of why I love Angeles!
Now see my response to him below where I totally PWNED him!

To the guy who said he loved Angeles City and wanted to make a list of great things about it:

Dude, you are obviously in denial. Look at the simple fact here. NO travel guide or website has anything good to say about Angeles City. None of them describe it as a "nice place" to visit or live at all. Here's how you can prove it to yourself. Go to your local bookstore, such as National Bookstore, and in the travel section, take out the Lonely Planet Philippines guide. Look under Angeles City, and you will see that it has NOTHING good to say about it, but uses the words "dirty, seedy and creepy" to describe it. What does that tell you? Now, Lonely Planet usually tries to stay positive and emphasize the positive aspects of a location, so this speaks volumes, that it only has negative things to say about AC. You can't deny that. No one can. That fact alone PWNS you. Please retain your honor and dignity, and accept reality. Nothing is good about AC in terms of the place itself. Sure there are some good sweet wonderful people here, like there are everywhere. But we are talking about the physical features of Angeles City itself. Face it. The ONLY reason why any foreigners come here is for the Fields Ave bars and the illusion of love and affection from the bar girls. NOTHING else in AC is worth coming for. You know that. It's common knowledge, not rocket science. I'm sorry to offend you. But this reality is as obvious as 2 + 2 = 4. If you think my essay was offensive, you should see the articles on these sites by Pinoys that reveal many ugly offensive truths: http://www.antipinoy.com and http://www.getrealphilippines.com

Also, how can you deny that AC is polluted (not just on Fields Ave) when many girls in Jeepneys (esp on MacArthur Hwy, which is not on Fields Ave) often cover their mouths to block the pollution? Why deny the obvious? My Filipino American friend from Tennessee told me that the Philippines is a culture of denial, and that he's seen his relatives deny the most obvious things, so perhaps that explains your denialist behavior.

Anyhow, I would urge anyone still living in AC to consider the consequences. Your lifespan is going to be shortened by living here long term. It is a scientific fact that pollution is hazardous to your health. Google "pollution and health" to see articles about it. You can't even exercise out in pollution, because if you do, the polluted air gets into your lungs faster and deeper. That is dangerous. Outdoor air is meant to be enjoyed and exercised in. What kind of "great city" (as the denialist guy claimed) is AC when you can't even exercise in its outdoor air?! Geez. Get real! Keep in mind this important thing: Nothing is more important in life than health and peace of mind. Neither of those two things is good in AC. AC is not conducive to any spiritual life or peacefulness at all. Pollution and concrete sap your energy quickly, and does not replenish it, hence why you always feel tired and sluggish in AC. It's insane to stay in AC. You ought to move somewhere else where the air is not polluted. If you have to work or study in AC, at least move to San Fernando, 30 minutes away, where the air is not polluted. You gotta factor in the consequences to your health if you don't.

As for me, yes I am bitter. You are right about that. I am bitter for having wasted years of my life in AC. My health has deteriorated here, and my tolerance has been reached many times. I'm suffering all sorts of ailments and having to go to the doctor every week now for lab tests, which is crazy cause in America I never had health problems. And my chest hurts from the strain of coughing so much. I really hate it! The doctors can't figure out why I have chronic cough here. When I get sick in AC, it lasts for 2 to 3 weeks. But in America, when I get the flu, it only lasts one night! So I'm sorry for my bitter attitude, but I am in a lot of pain and feel like shit everyday here. I can't wait to get out.

Also, keep in mind that I grew up in a very nice upscale part of California, so I am used to everything being top notch, hence my high standards and being accustomed to comfort and cleanliness. I'm sorry, but I'm simply not used to everything breaking and restaurants serving shitty food. America does not have the negatives that AC has. In America, if I walk into a random restaurant, 90 - 95 percent of the time I will be satisfied with the food and find it good. But if I did that in AC, 90 percent of the time it will be a disappointing gross yucky experience. That's a huge difference. I've also checked into many hotels in the Philippines where the toilet didn't flush and the aircon was broken or in bad condition. That would never happen in the US. In AC, many of my appliances break. Two of my electric stoves have broken, and my rice cooker and toaster too. None of those things have broken for me in the US. Yes it is China's fault, not AC's, since I hear that China sends its best products to America and its shitty products to the Philippines. But you should complain to your government about that, or whoever handles the import of goods in your country, not me. I have no control over such things.

I could give hundreds of more examples to back up the points in my essay, but you get the idea. Please don't take what I write personally. We are all pawns in the big game of life. I am a highly critical person by nature and have written essays attacking all sorts of things, as well as many other cultures too, not just AC. See my article index here for many examples: http://www.happierabroad.com/articles.php . So try not to take everything so personally.

Thanks for listening. Peace out.

Winston

lionchild
Freshman Poster

Post by lionchild »

Seems AC is not that good of a place... oh, maybe perhaps if you are mongering around or just have one thing on your mind, but some of us including myself are little more higher classed than that. I was looking over the points here and made the choice that i won't be visiting AC on my trip to the philippines next year.

Why am i going to philippines... cause I'm wanting to visit some old freinds that i used to work with here in Canada who went back and i have a few good freinds too that i want to visit as well... there is other things to do in Philippines than just SEX lol...

-Lionchild
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check this out. Someone wrote a blog post about my 15 Reasons Why Angeles City Sucks article.

http://www.soyummykaya.com/2012/06/07/a ... ad-people/

WiseTruth
Freshman Poster

Post by WiseTruth »

Winston wrote:Check this out. Someone wrote a blog post about my 15 Reasons Why Angeles City Sucks article.

http://www.soyummykaya.com/2012/06/07/a ... ad-people/
Nobody cares, Winston.
FCF4L
Freshman Poster

really?

Post by FCF4L »

"They described sex acts with those girls that I had only dreamed about, things that I couldn’t even mention to my wife"

IMO the pi bar girls are as represssed as the rest of the pinays

I agree with what another poster said: guys who go to angeles or malaate/ ermita( I live there alot) are only awed becasue of the bad treatment they got back in their home country.
Very true, they get charmed by the bola 2 that the bar girls and even alot of "normal pinays spout" if you ever try to date a bar girl or a pinay scammer you'll find out really quickly the real meaning of bola 2. I can tell you alot of stories from myself and about 50 male friends regarding pinays in the phils and hawaii that screwed joe kano over badly.
I really don't see anything mystical in the pfp scene in the phils or thailand, I don't judge it either as I have done it myself 8 times but a real relationship with an honest pinay is alot more fufilling in the long run. Unfortunanltey there are scammers out there who will say and do anytihng just to put rice on the table so be careful and they come from every corner of the phils to the major cities to do dirt. That said I love the weather, food and malls bars and nightclubs and women. Just, really put soem effort in finding a decent woman instead of the first hot lbfm that comes along.
FCF4L
Freshman Poster

Post by FCF4L »

Winston why don't you and Dianne move to some place nice, on luzon like baguio or tagatay or even puerta gallera 81 miles from manilia. Somewhere in the provinces where the air is clean for your health. I know about the jeepney pollution from living in malatte/ ermita and qc. Even liivng in san pedro laguna and cavite and alabang muntinlupa was better on the lungs by far. Soemone give Winston a list of good places on luzon please. I hope you lungs get better soon.