Ali vs. Bruce Lee - Who would win and why

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ali vs. Bruce Lee - Who would win and why

Post by Rock »

If Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee were to engage in a weaponless street fight during their prime years, who do you think would win and why?
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

You should suggest that one to Deadliest Warrior, on Spike TV.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Think Different wrote:You should suggest that one to Deadliest Warrior, on Spike TV.
Bahahaha!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Re: Ali vs. Bruce Lee - who would win and why

Post by Jackal »

Rock wrote:If Muhammad Ali and Bruce Lee were to engage in a weaponless street fight during their prime years, who do you think would win and why?
If Lee is able to land a full-force kick on Ali's nuts, then it's all over...

If Lee misses, then anything could happen...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I think Lee was faster than Ali. But Ali could probably take a lot more hits than Lee could. It's a tough one. Bruce Lee didn't really fight in competition matches. All his personal grudge matches were with challengers in street brawls and all there are to validate them are eyewitness accounts.

But this thread belongs in the Entertainment board.
Last edited by Winston on August 8th, 2011, 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
well-informed
Freshman Poster

Post by well-informed »

I don't even think it's close assuming that Lee doesn't kick him in the nuts. It's Ali.

1- Speed and agility - Goes to Lee obviously, although Ali had extremely quick feet for a heavyweight

2- Punching Power- Ali definitely has a more powerful jab. So if Lee gets caught with one of those it's bad for him especially if he's not wearing gloves too

3- Height & Weight - Goes to Ali again (he's 6'3 at 215 in his prime). This is why in boxing/MMA they separate fighters in weight classes because it's not fair to face someone bigger and stronger than you. That's why Ali should easily win in my opinion, not because Lee can't fight it's just that the height/weight is too much for him. Also Ali was probably the best heavyweight boxer of all-time, so he wasn't a slouch at fighting.

4 - Professional Boxer- Which means he's been conditioned better to absorb and take punches to the head, also he's technically more experienced when it comes to defense. Like avoiding punches and such.

Lee could win if he can find find a sledgehammer and hit him with it. If the fight is clean Ali should win easily
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

well-informed wrote:I don't even think it's close assuming that Lee doesn't kick him in the nuts. It's Ali.

1- Speed and agility - Goes to Lee obviously, although Ali had extremely quick feet for a heavyweight

2- Punching Power- Ali definitely has a more powerful jab. So if Lee gets caught with one of those it's bad for him especially if he's not wearing gloves too

3- Height & Weight - Goes to Ali again (he's 6'3 at 215 in his prime). This is why in boxing/MMA they separate fighters in weight classes because it's not fair to face someone bigger and stronger than you. That's why Ali should easily win in my opinion, not because Lee can't fight it's just that the height/weight is too much for him. Also Ali was probably the best heavyweight boxer of all-time, so he wasn't a slouch at fighting.

4 - Professional Boxer- Which means he's been conditioned better to absorb and take punches to the head, also he's technically more experienced when it comes to defense. Like avoiding punches and such.

Lee could win if he can find find a sledgehammer and hit him with it. If the fight is clean Ali should win easily

Bruce Lee is DEAD.

Jackie Chan is better on his WORST DAY than Bruce Lee ever was on his BEST DAY-- look who's still alive right now.

:lol:
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What are you talking about? Jackie Chan is nowhere as good as Bruce Lee was. He is not as skilled and his martial arts cannot even compare to Bruce Lee. What makes you think Jackie Chan was even on the same level?

Bruce Lee was not the invincible martial arts deity that the movies portray him as. He was very good, but not invincible. Overall, he turned out to be a very fragile person.

I wonder why they don't organize competitions between boxers and martial artists and put them on TV? Kind of like what happened in the movie Yipman 2 with Donnie Yen.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

Winston wrote:What are you talking about? Jackie Chan is nowhere as good as Bruce Lee was. He is not as skilled and his martial arts cannot even compare to Bruce Lee. What makes you think Jackie Chan was even on the same level?

Bruce Lee was not the invincible martial arts deity that the movies portray him as. He was very good, but not invincible. Overall, he turned out to be a very fragile person.
Because Jackie Chan is still ALIVE. "Was" is the key word.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...
Winston
Site Admin

What about Chuck Norris vs. Bruce Lee?

Post by Winston »

What about Chuck Norris vs. Bruce Lee in a real fight? Who would win?

That's a tough one, because Lee was faster than Norris, and rumor has it that Norris admitted that Lee would have probably beaten him in a real fight.

However, Lee did not prove himself in competition fighting, but made excuses saying that it was not his thing. Some think that he wimped out by not fighting for real against tournament fighters.

But on the other hand, Norris was an 8 time world karate tournament champion, and has proven himself in that regard.

So it's a tough call.

onezero4u
Freshman Poster

Post by onezero4u »

ALI for sure.

main advantages: REACH and power...\

lee was faster but ali was dam fast and elusive too.

i think ALI would land a couple barefisted jabs to Lee's nose to start the fight and Lee would counter with a hard kick to alis chin that would stun him but piss him off enough to unload a horrific combination on bruce to end it.

i recall reading somewhere that back in the day, Norris used to beat on Lees ass pretty good in sparing...finally bruce asked what the f**k was that kick he was getting punished with....after chuck showed him his round kick and bruce figured out how to defend/counter it...it was all bruce.

also...bruce > jackie

lastly: Ditka, Jordan, god, Ali, Bruce, big drop off...Jackie
marriage is a 3 ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and then suffering.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here Chuck Norris is asked in an interview about whether he could beat Bruce Lee in a fight.

Here is a rare audio clip I found where Chuck Norris explained at a Comic Convention in 1975 how Bruce Lee died.

Winston
Site Admin

Does Linda Cadwell, Bruce Lee's wife, only care about money?

Post by Winston »

Check this out. According to this independent investigative report by R.E. Gus Payne into Brandon Lee's mysterious death, Bruce Lee's widow, Linda Cadwell Lee, has never been interested in any real investigations into her husband Bruce Lee's death, nor her son Brandon Lee's death. Both times, she was eager to collect the insurance money (Bruce Lee) or civil lawsuit settlement (Brandon Lee) and quickly close the case, despite the fact that the official police report's explanation for how Brandon Lee died was scientifically impossible. It would seem that Linda was never interested in the truth, but in collecting large compensation money and closing the case. Is that typical American woman or what?

http://www.repayne.com/The_Death_of_Bra ... _Story.pdf

A few days after Bruce Lee mysteriously died from a headache tablet, she was quick to say that no foul play was involved, before any investigation was even conducted. Why was she so sure? And when Brandon Lee became the first man in movie making history to die from the tip of a bullet lodged in a gun firing blanks, she never pushed for a real investigation. Instead, she accepted a huge private settlement compensation and closed the case. Apparently, she is not a truth seeker or critical thinker. She isn't even bothered by the fact that the official explanation for what happened to Brandon was scientifically impossible.

Here is what weapons experts had to say about the official explanation for Brandon Lee's death.

http://www.repayne.com/The_Death_of_Bra ... _Story.pdf
Hollywood – One weapons expert named Richard Mazzochi considered the
theory put forth by the police, suggesting that a “dummy� slug, without gun powder, was
accidentally lodged in the chamber and was discharged by a blank that was loaded in
later as improbable. “I would say that it’s a one in one million chance that that would
happen. Until somebody tests that theory and proves it can happen, it is my experience of
22 years of handling weapons, I’ve never see that happen. A dummy bullet would fall out
or, if it was lodged, it wouldn’t come out at all,� he said.

Webb Birdsong, one of the nation’s leading experts on weapons, told this writer
that the “official theory� does not work. “It makes assumptions that can’t hold up. You
have a better chance of winning the Irish Sweepstakes than of the firing of a blank
forcing out a projectile left in a barrel with such force as to cause that kind of damage."

Still not sure, we located another firearms expert who tested the theory. He took a
.44 Magnum like the one used by Michael Massee. He lodged a dummy bullet in the
barrel and then loaded a full load blank. Firing into a sack of sand placed 20 feet away
(the approximate distance between Brandon Lee and Massee), the bullet traveled only
four feet before falling harmlessly to the ground. “Anyway,� he said, “even if it did work,
there’s no way it happened. Even if there was only one take with the firing of the weapon
by Massee. There was no way to get the force needed to propel that projectile into Lee
with the power that resulted in the internal damage done to him. If the projectile
propelled out, it would have either fallen down before it got to Lee or bounced right off
of him.�

The two-gun theory

As we told earlier, an unidentified special effects expert had told Det. Simmons
that there was a possibility of two guns and they got mixed up the night Brandon Lee was
killed. Although Simmons refused to identify the person, our sources told us it was Bruce
Merlin. It was Merlin who apparently said that the “shooting could have resulted from a
mix-up of two prop guns.� If there were two guns identical in appearance on the set, the
theory is viable. An astounding fact uncovered during our investigation adds measurably
to this possibility.
So, like the JFK Assassination, the official version of what happened cannot be replicated by anyone under the same conditions. Very strange.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's a weird video for odbo. lol

Why the Illuminati killed Bruce Lee

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I would put my money on Ali. It kind of reminds me of a fight between a tiger (Ali) and a cheetah (Lee).

Yes, Lee would have been faster, quicker, and more nimble. But he's a much smaller guy. Plus, he relies more on kicks which are naturally slower than punches plus more difficult to repeat succession. And anyway, Ali was very quick for a heavyweight and was used to dodging punches. I think even the fastest kicks are easier to avoid than quality punches. Ali was so big and muscled that his arms were kind of like a modestly smaller version of Lee's legs. But of course they were much quicker and more versatile (legs are a lot clumsier than arms).

Lee was smart to avoid competitive combat. It created a mystique around him which survives to this day. Nobody know for sure how far he would have gone in professional fighting and its easy for his biggest fans to assume he was the best in the world.