How women are portrayed in movies: American vs. European

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jsmith
Freshman Poster

How women are portrayed in movies: American vs. European

Post by jsmith »

i have to be completely honest here.

i discovered French cinema about 3 years ago. I'm so greatful that i have.

In foreign romance film especially French, italian and German cinema usually the woman will look at a mans potential and try to inspire him to be all he can be. She will not necesarily be focused on his money or looks but look at his character. She loves his mind-spirit.

Whereas amerian films portray woman as "me first" divas. Usually a romance film shows a man who is pig and a woman who is an angry bitch and there is a competitive angst between the characters. its competitive love. the man and the woman have to compete with each other first, before they can love each other.

Foreign movies have greatly inspired me and clearly movies are an indicator of how the culture really is.

I'm apart of another forum and i tried to talk about this and alot of people got hot under the collar about it.

http://whitewomenblackmen.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=17163

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

That forum is trash, you can see my screen name on their is the same.

Delusional Middle Age White Women, think nothing is wrong in general. Sites like Black Men Vent want to focus on Black Women, I say White Women in America are equally just as bad but in a different way. They will put a hurt'in on your wallet for one thing. Many a fat white woman thinks black men want them BITCH PLEASE. What's so offensive is they actually have a thread devoted to BBW's yikes!

I can't post there anymore. I just check it on it now and again.
jsmith
Freshman Poster

Post by jsmith »

djfourmoney wrote:That forum is trash, you can see my screen name on their is the same.

Delusional Middle Age White Women, think nothing is wrong in general. Sites like Black Men Vent want to focus on Black Women, I say White Women in America are equally just as bad but in a different way. They will put a hurt'in on your wallet for one thing. Many a fat white woman thinks black men want them BITCH PLEASE. What's so offensive is they actually have a thread devoted to BBW's yikes!

I can't post there anymore. I just check it on it now and again.
hah. you post there too. :D :D

well there are alot of International Ladies there actually. But mostly its American women. if you look thru my threads there i got into lots of arguements. i think that happierabroad will be my new home now. i think i will leave that site too. too many bitches.

but anyways. If you notice in France with French actresses their movie roles with men. the male counterpart is not a male model looking yupe. but alot of times the male character is a average looking man. And alot of these actresses like Irene Jacob, Juliette Binoche, Fanny Ardant. they're socially conscious women, who are philanthropists. If you look at the type of men these women date and marry in their personal lives, its the same thing. very average looking dudes. and they're happy too.

there is a distinct difference.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

dj,

I do remember you back in that forum. I think from reading in the past (? as in 2006/2007) that when guys talked about how European girls are good, the middle age white girls will just jump on the guys and say that American women have the same qualities. I was thinking that is not true and the fact being that you will actually have a better time with European women than with American women.

Even with talking, I am bored out of my mind with American women. I am glad, I just stopped dating them as there is no real benefit to it.

Bhayes, yes there is the ideal view that lighter is better. I think it has affected black American men too. I do not only like white women but I feel that I can just connect with them better and I am tired of dating American black and white women and try another country where I feel more appreciated and not worry about this 'category' labeling that happens in this country.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So does this mean that French women are better than American?

If you look at American TV in the 1960's, the women characters are also shown to be very supportive of their man, standing by them during times of trouble.

It's nice that French films still portray this attitude in women.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne