Intentional Ethnicity

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Intentional Ethnicity

Post by fschmidt »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Intentional Ethnicity

Post by fschmidt »

https://www.mikraite.org/Suggestion-for ... p2235.html

My idea for an intentional ethnicity, not that anyone here will care.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Israelite or Hebrew was an ethnicity before the Babylonian captivity.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
October 3rd, 2021, 5:09 pm
Israelite or Hebrew was an ethnicity before the Babylonian captivity.
Yes, but wasn't it an interesting process to make them an ethnicity.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Where do you live? You wrote about the Mennonites and Amish, so I am assuming the US. If the US allowed citizens only of a certain ethnicity, then would the US kick you out for your Jewish heritage? The Americas were colonized in the past few hundred years. Probably most of the natives died off due to disease after contact with the west, then many of them fought wars and died off or were assimilated. Some countries, like Mexico, are 'mixed race.' We might consider that a race, but they still have more 'pure' native cultures down there.

I disagree with you about Ezra. He kicked out some mixed-married wives and children. But the Law of Moses already forbade intermarrying with most of those people groups, the seven nations of Canaan, which had brutal child sacrifice rituals. Those were the peoples that were originally supposed to be wiped out. But some of those people in Ezra had married Egyptians, which wasn't forbidden. On the other hand, some of those who had intermarried were priests, who were only allowed to marry Israelite virgins or widows of other priest

The idea of converting to Judaism through circumcision, etc. is not explicit in the Old Testament. Descendants of Israel were circumcised. Their slaves could be circumcised. A foreign woman could be part of the community by marrying an Israelite, but intermarriage with certain groups was forbidden. In warfare, an Israelite could take a slave virgin from among the captives if it were not from among the forbidden nations. If he wanted her to be his wife/concubine, that was allowed. I do not believe there was any law against outright marrying a foreigner who isn't listed as being from a forbidden group for marriage.

There were strangers among the people, also. There were laws that applied to all the people, including strangers, foreign wives. No one was supposed to commit idolatry. Being foreign wasn't an excuse. But, like in the case of Solomon, marrying foreign wives brought in idolatry.

Also, the slave of an Israelite would be circumcised, so that might be a way a male who wasn't Israelite could join the people in the sense, but he would not have had a tribal inheritance.

The book of Esther mentions other people joining with the Jews, but I do not see where the Old Testament itself teachings that Gentiles can become proselytes. That seems to have been a late development.

Israel was the LORD's inheritance. There is some evidence that a manuscript of Dueteronomy 32 that the nations were divided according to the number of the sons of God. Other nations served other gods at that time. But the LORD offered HIs Messiah the nations, and Psalm 82 says that the LORD would inherit the nations. The Messiah would rise up, and as Isaiah prophesied, in His name shall the Gentiles trust. In the Song of Moses, we see that Israel would provoke the LORD to jealousy by other gods, so the LORD would provoke Israel to jealousy by 'them that are no a people and by a foolish nation' He would anger them. Israel would suffer various, but some of the last words of Moses recorded there are 'Rejoice, O Gentiles with His people' and a prediction of Israel and the land receiving mercy.

So what did God do? He sent His Messiah. Most of the people of Israel rejected Him. He died, was buried, and rose again the third day. As the Psalms predicted, his hands and feet were pierced, though later vowel pointers changed the original meaning of Psalm 22. He arose and was given authority over the nations. He went messengers to preach the good news about Himself and His kingdom to the nations. And how did Gentiles, for the most part, come to learn about the God of Abraham? It was through the Messiah and those who came under His dominion spreading His message, so that now the God of Israel is famous throughout the nations. Israel as the light to the world came through Yeshua. The days will come when Israel will not be blinded to the identity of the Messiah as it is for the most part now. The 'spirit of slumber' will be lifted.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

MrMan wrote:
October 4th, 2021, 7:17 am
Where do you live? You wrote about the Mennonites and Amish, so I am assuming the US.
Yes, US. But the Mennonite area that I would move to is in Mexico.
If the US allowed citizens only of a certain ethnicity, then would the US kick you out for your Jewish heritage?
You don't know what ethnicity means.
A foreign woman could be part of the community by marrying an Israelite, but intermarriage with certain groups was forbidden.
Unless she converted like Ruth who was a Moabite, the worst group. The Old Testament was based on ethnicity, not race.
So what did God do? He sent His Messiah. Most of the people of Israel rejected Him. He died, was buried, and rose again the third day. As the Psalms predicted, his hands and feet were pierced, though later vowel pointers changed the original meaning of Psalm 22. He arose and was given authority over the nations. He went messengers to preach the good news about Himself and His kingdom to the nations. And how did Gentiles, for the most part, come to learn about the God of Abraham? It was through the Messiah and those who came under His dominion spreading His message, so that now the God of Israel is famous throughout the nations. Israel as the light to the world came through Yeshua. The days will come when Israel will not be blinded to the identity of the Messiah as it is for the most part now. The 'spirit of slumber' will be lifted.
I feel sorry for Jesus, the most misunderstood guy in history. Muslims come closest to understanding him.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

fschmidt wrote:
October 5th, 2021, 11:01 pm
I feel sorry for Jesus, the most misunderstood guy in history. Muslims come closest to understanding him.
[/quote]

What is your take on this in a paragraph and what do you think is the best reading on this besides the 2nd book.
Time to Hide!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Moretorque wrote:
October 6th, 2021, 9:19 am
fschmidt wrote:
October 5th, 2021, 11:01 pm
What is your take on this in a paragraph and what do you think is the best reading on this besides the 2nd book.
I am not going to answer because this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

https://www.mikraite.org/Arkian-Ethnici ... p2249.html

This is a rewrite of the idea, which morons here can ignore.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

I now have a website for this idea:

http://www.arkian.net/