Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post your suggestions and feedback for the forum. You can also report a problem, troubleshoot an issue with forum functionality, or suggest new board topics.

Should the forum theme be rotated every few days to keep the forum interesting?

Yes! Rotating the theme keeps the forum interesting and stimulating, and gives us a new surprise every time we come here!
29%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLUE and WHITE themes as the default and leave it that way.
43%
No. That's kind of annoying. I'd rather see the same theme each time. Just pick one of the BLACK or DARK background themes as the default and leave it that way.
29%
Do what you want. It doesn't really matter to me.
No votes

Total votes: 7
Winston
Site Admin

Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I wanted to get your opinion on whether the forum theme should be rotated every few days, to keep it interesting, stimulating and give you all a new surprise every few days? Or do you find that annoying and prefer to stick with one theme that you can depend on every time? If so, which one?

Cast your vote!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

HappyGuy

Re: Should the forum theme be rotated every few days?

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:
November 12th, 2008, 8:19 am
give you all a new surprise every few days?
Yes do it :!: :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks, I just installed three new specialty themes in the forum. You can see them here: viewtopic.php?p=338870#p338870

For fun, we are going to rotate them every few days as the default theme, to spice things up around here. lol. First, we will start with Tropic theme. Hope you all enjoy it. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

If you want to shock and awe your members add music like the songs Jamesbond posted recently or beach or jungle background sounds. Even a small midi audio file that plays some jingle. Be sure to have a pause or mute button visible for those who have no experience muting a page. If you add a jukebox that'll go great with the 1996 or 1982 retro themes. :) Add small gifs of strippers dancing in the corner like those old pop-ups. And have a forum greeter, something like Bonzi Buddy except name him Winston :lol:

Last edited by HappyGuy on May 19th, 2020, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
November 12th, 2008, 8:19 am
Hi all,
I wanted to get your opinion on whether the forum theme should be rotated every few days, to keep it interesting, stimulating and give you all a new surprise every few days? Or do you find that annoying and prefer to stick with one theme that you can depend on every time? If so, which one?

Cast your vote!
No, that is retarded. Just stop all the silly stuff you are doing and go back to the way things were. The way things were aren't going to make as much money as they once did, but that is just how life is.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I still find it a bit too bright in a darkened room for my tastes. Also, I cannot override it by my personal choice. Regardless it stays on this new theme. @Winston
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

@Neo Winston will throw some dark themes into the rotation as well. :lol:

This theme is actually better than Pro-Silver or Elegance because posts are highlighted in white but everything else is tan. But the jungle background is bland and barely visible. It would improve if the tan could be made more transparent so the background was more visible except in the white boxes where posts show up. And it would be really nice if the background image was changed to wallpapers of beaches. They could be small filesizes to not slow down loading and it would still look nice if the resolution was big enough or if the image was stretched to fit the screen.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Neo wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 4:29 pm
I still find it a bit too bright in a darkened room for my tastes. Also, I cannot override it by my personal choice. Regardless it stays on this new theme. @Winston
Of course I overrided your personal theme, otherwise what would be the point of rotating themes if you didn't see them? I have to make you see them or else it wouldn't be fun. lol. Be a good sport. lol

StanfordGuy
Freshman Poster

Post by StanfordGuy »

Lol, this shit is awful. Wow!
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

When you changed the default theme to Elegance you allowed us to change back to Pro-Silver or Dark once we logged in so he was expecting the same today. But it's unfair to judge a theme until you've used it for about an hour. It's good you're forcing us to use it because people wouldn't give it a chance, people dislike change even if it's better. I think there were some studies that said women and children are more open to change than older men. So you'll have some men here who will hate all the new themes because they got used to the old one. @fschmidt probably hates this theme! :shock:

@Cornfed @Neo
Kellogg's just killed off Toucan Sam. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=42534 We can pay our respects with this toucan based theme.

Winston wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 6:07 pm
Be a good sport. lol
Winston be a good sport and remove the HA banner or move it to the bottom because it's blocking the theme's tropical Toucan banner.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ok I've restored the default header banner of the Tropic theme. Do you like it now HappyGuy?

Btw man. Your signature graphic is way too big. Can you make it smaller? That's too loud and overly large.

Post by Guest »

No, this is stupid. Everything you've done in the last year is stupid. Just stop it for Christ's sake.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HappyGuy wrote:
May 19th, 2020, 6:27 pm
When you changed the default theme to Elegance you allowed us to change back to Pro-Silver or Dark once we logged in so he was expecting the same today. But it's unfair to judge a theme until you've used it for about an hour. It's good you're forcing us to use it because people wouldn't give it a chance, people dislike change even if it's better. I think there were some studies that said women and children are more open to change than older men. So you'll have some men here who will hate all the new themes because they got used to the old one. @fschmidt probably hates this theme! :shock:
Yes I noticed the same thing. Older men tend to be closed minded, stubborn, and dislike new things. Even younger men are like that too sometimes. So I guess Hollywood was right in portraying men in movies as being more closed minded toward things like UFOs, ghosts, paranormal phenomena, etc. For example, in a movie when a monster or paranormal entity is there, the women always accept the reality of it while the men deny it and tell everyone to "be rational, there's a logical explanation for everything" etc. That's how most men are in real life too. Very left brained. I was hoping that was wrong, because I know some very open minded men in real life, but I guess such men are in the minority, not majority.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I've just reset the poll so you can vote again in the poll above. You can also change your vote at any time if you change your mind, since I've enabled re-voting as well. Cast your vote above!

HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Winston wrote:it's rude to play music on a website and force people to hear it. That's annoying
Set it up so Beach Boys autoplays every time you load Happierabroad :D