Latest feel good story

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Latest feel good story

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 1:35 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 1:17 pm
Neo wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 1:01 pm
May 4th, 2020, 12:31 pm
Neo wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 9:25 am
I've said it before, and I say it again now, not everyone who claims to be Christian is Christian. The Bible even warns of us this in many places, such as 2 Peter 2 and the book of Jude (and it speaks of false prophets, false Christs and false witnesses). There are many people who use Christianity as a cloak; evil people who don't even believe in Jesus and who are far from working righteousness, but who give lip service to God and put on a facade specifically to disarm and deceive others. This is foreknown and foretold.

Anyone also can do a very small amount of research on their own to see, that many forms and sects of Christianity do not even believe in salvation through faith in Jesus (which is what makes a person a Christian: faith in Christ), but instead are deceived and subverted, believing instead that their own works of righteousness is what saves them, which actually negates the works of Christ, because trusting in their own works makes them their own individual saviors, and therefore renders Christ's sacrifice void for them. In other words, there is salvation by faith (also known as grace through faith), and there is salvation by works (the works of the person, not the works of Christ).

This is not the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy as has been stated elsewhere. It is the definition of what Christianity is. Either a person is or isn't, and many people who say they are Christian are not, because they actually believe in themselves (and their own works) and not on Christ and His works of righteousness.

Besides that, the Catholic church in particular is not Christian, and that's probably what most people are thinking of. It is Roman paganism that unbelieving people think of as Christian because it has a Christian covering. It requires a little bit of true interest in Christianity but it's rather obvious once a person realizes what paganism and Christianity are.
The brainwashing is strong in this one. “Oh, but 99% percent of Christians aren’t really Christians!” It is so funny how religious types try to reason their way out of reality. It is like Nazis claiming that the murderous, anti-semites were not really Nazis.

Yes, this is textbook No True Scotsman fallacy and Christians of ALL types engage in it regularly.

Anyone who calls himself a Christian and does evil under the rubric of that label is a Christian, period. Further, the evil they do is a direct reflection of you and all others who use that label.

Moreover, Catholics and Orthodox are the original Christians and Protestants are the Johnnies Come Lately who broke away a few hundred years ago and now claim to be the only true Christians. Later, even the Protestants broke up into different denominations and they can’t even agree on doctrine and call each other fake.

None of that is godly at all and it makes all Christians appear nutty, petty, and not worth any serious consideration.

So again, if you are Christian, own IT and every bit of evil that Christians do under authority of that label. One thing I respect about Jews is that they all respect that they are all Jews despite their vast differences. Christians tend to throw petty hatred at each other and try to deny the Christianity in each other. That’s a clue that they are theologically evil and want no part of policing themselves or atoning for their roles of spreading misery, death, and violence around the world.
No worries. I prove myself to God and no one else.
Sounds religiously narcissistic to me. I guess you don’t feel the need to acknowledge or address the evils and wrongs of Christians when you can just try to claim none of them are really even Christian like you are. But you branded me an atheist even though I am not so mislabeling people is a strategy you tend to use to defend your indefensible positions.

This is what religious faith does to people’s thinking folks!
I don't concern myself with proving myself to men. You can write as much as you want to insist that I must, however.
That's strange. Your own Bible and Protestant doctrine exhorts you to proselytize or spread the word of what you believe to be god. You are seemingly far less "Christian" than you make yourself out to be! Perhaps it is YOU who is the fake Christian after all.....
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

May 4th, 2020, 2:28 pm
Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:

The brainwashing is strong in this one. “Oh, but 99% percent of Christians aren’t really Christians!” It is so funny how religious types try to reason their way out of reality. It is like Nazis claiming that the murderous, anti-semites were not really Nazis.

Yes, this is textbook No True Scotsman fallacy and Christians of ALL types engage in it regularly.

Anyone who calls himself a Christian and does evil under the rubric of that label is a Christian, period. Further, the evil they do is a direct reflection of you and all others who use that label.

Moreover, Catholics and Orthodox are the original Christians and Protestants are the Johnnies Come Lately who broke away a few hundred years ago and now claim to be the only true Christians. Later, even the Protestants broke up into different denominations and they can’t even agree on doctrine and call each other fake.

None of that is godly at all and it makes all Christians appear nutty, petty, and not worth any serious consideration.

So again, if you are Christian, own IT and every bit of evil that Christians do under authority of that label. One thing I respect about Jews is that they all respect that they are all Jews despite their vast differences. Christians tend to throw petty hatred at each other and try to deny the Christianity in each other. That’s a clue that they are theologically evil and want no part of policing themselves or atoning for their roles of spreading misery, death, and violence around the world.
Sounds religiously narcissistic to me. I guess you don’t feel the need to acknowledge or address the evils and wrongs of Christians when you can just try to claim none of them are really even Christian like you are. But you branded me an atheist even though I am not so mislabeling people is a strategy you tend to use to defend your indefensible positions.

I don't concern myself with proving myself to men. You can write as much as you want to insist that I must, however.
That's strange. Your own Bible and Protestant doctrine exhorts you to proselytize or spread the word of what you believe to be god. You are seemingly far less "Christian" than you make yourself out to be! Perhaps it is YOU who is the fake Christian after all.....
My life's purpose is not to engage you in debate.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

May 4th, 2020, 1:24 pm
Moretorque wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 1:12 pm
May 4th, 2020, 1:10 pm
Moretorque wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 1:07 pm
I think Contra is a little off on the Jewish part IMO, you should read Sholmo Sands book " The Invention of the Jewish People ". He was so discusted with it all he denounced his Judaism....
I was referring to the different sects of Jews, not to Jewish individuals.
They do not all agree even the sects...
What is your reading comprehension level? I’m beginning to think you are borderline illiterate since what you write is largely incoherent and you have difficulty understanding even basic statements.

By the way the Ashkenazi are brilliant people for sure but I ? alot of their tatics. What they are doing is the esiest way to meet their objectives but is it the best ?

Go back and read my point about Jews. Do it a few times if that helps. Then come back and comment when you have a better understanding of that initial point.

Unless you do that, don’t expect me to even acknowledge your posts anymore because I will block you.
You think you are so clever, if Mr.Sands opted out of his Judaism it means not all are proud of it. Yes for the most part you are correct but more are realizing things are not as they have been lead to believe...

The Ashkenazi are the ones who are very sharp and know what they are doing...
Last edited by Moretorque on May 4th, 2020, 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 2:39 pm
Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:

This is true and that is a good thing because you lost the debate (badly). My purpose is not to beat you, but to point out to others the ridiculousness of religious mindset and reasoning.

I actually still think you are a really good guy and I like your secular contributions on this forum. But for whatever reason (upbringing, family, worldly exposure or lack thereof) you find yourself in the extremely limiting worldview of religious faith. We were created to be expansive, not limited so if you want to please God, open up your mind and live according to what you personally reason as good and right, not according to what clerics and the Bible dictate. Some of that might be the same, but some of it might be very different.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:

This is true and that is a good thing because you lost the debate (badly). My purpose is not to beat you, but to point out to others the ridiculousness of religious mindset and reasoning.

I actually still think you are a really good guy and I like your secular contributions on this forum. But for whatever reason (upbringing, family, worldly exposure or lack thereof) you find yourself in the extremely limiting worldview of religious faith. We were created to be expansive, not limited so if you want to please God, open up your mind and live according to what you personally reason as good and right, not according to what clerics and the Bible dictate. Some of that might be the same, but some of it might be very different.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

May 4th, 2020, 3:05 pm
Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:

I consider winning a debate to be what the Bible calls "vain glory." I have no interest in such things. I am here to learn and even sometimes to help others understand things. My purpose in life is not to debate anyone. My purpose is to believe in Christ, and after that, to keep His commandments so that I can win an everlasting crown that endures forever in eternity.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 3:26 pm
I consider winning a debate to be what the Bible calls "vain glory."
The Bible is full of such simplistic platitudes that sophisticated thinkers reject.

I consider winning a debate to be pointing out the logic and reasoning flaws for others to notice so that they can avoid the same intellectual bankruptcy of religion and live fuller and more expansive lives as God intended.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Neo wrote:
I've said it before, and I say it again now, not everyone who claims to be Christian is Christian. The Bible even warns of us this in many places, such as 2 Peter 2 and the book of Jude (and it speaks of false prophets, false Christs and false witnesses). There are many people who use Christianity as a cloak; evil people who don't even believe in Jesus and who are far from working righteousness, but who give lip service to God and put on a facade specifically to disarm and deceive others. This is foreknown and foretold.

Anyone also can do a very small amount of research on their own to see, that many forms and sects of Christianity do not even believe in salvation through faith in Jesus (which is what makes a person a Christian: faith in Christ), but instead are deceived and subverted, believing instead that their own works of righteousness is what saves them, which actually negates the works of Christ, because trusting in their own works makes them their own individual saviors, and therefore renders Christ's sacrifice void for them. In other words, there is salvation by faith (also known as grace through faith), and there is salvation by works (the works of the person, not the works of Christ).

This is not the "No True Scotsman" Fallacy as has been stated elsewhere. It is the definition of what Christianity is. Either a person is or isn't, and many people who say they are Christian are not, because they actually believe in themselves (and their own works) and not on Christ and His works of righteousness.

Besides that, the Catholic church in particular is not Christian, and that's probably what most people are thinking of. It is Roman paganism that unbelieving people think of as Christian because it has a Christian covering. It requires a little bit of true interest in Christianity but it's rather obvious once a person realizes what paganism and Christianity are.

..if you don't mind me paraphrasing here: slightly off-topic when I was homeless at Dallas Life (homeless shelter), they only let clients stay there for FIVE DAYS PER ANNUM!!!!! for free. Then they have to start paying $15 USD nightly until the end of the individual client's annual cycle. I feel, that's horrible because based on Christianity, they are non-profit and should stay that way. However, they ARE non-profit and pick and choose what they can be capitalist about. Furthermore, the so-called Christians that worked at Dallas Life would curse one out without using profanity. They might as well since they are scowling at people's "wrongdoing" or slight mishap at the time.

Another homeless shelter called Union Gospel Mission in Irving Texas (next door to the City of Dallas) is even worse. It's ran by Black American male ex-cons, and their demeanour is bottom-line cynical and barbaric. They don't even understand their own bible!! They would make men shower side-by-side naked as if it were prison go figure. Well, I've gotten banned out of the shelter because I was caught grooming my face with a battery electrical razor in my pocket although I had paper laid down to catch the shaven hair.

Yeah Dallas is a liberal bigoted horrible place. Houston was slightly better even though they tell most of the homeless there to sleep on the street since it's warm 11 months of the year.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

May 4th, 2020, 3:05 pm
Neo wrote:
Neo wrote:

I like this a lot :+1:
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 5:47 pm
..if you don't mind me paraphrasing here: slightly off-topic when I was homeless at Dallas Life (homeless shelter), they only let clients stay there for FIVE DAYS PER ANNUM!!!!! for free. Then they have to start paying $15 USD nightly until the end of the individual client's annual cycle. I feel, that's horrible because based on Christianity, they are non-profit and should stay that way. However, they ARE non-profit and pick and choose what they can be capitalist about. Furthermore, the so-called Christians that worked at Dallas Life would curse one out without using profanity. They might as well since they are scowling at people's "wrongdoing" or slight mishap at the time.
That all makes perfect sense. Some of the most despicable, evil, and toxic people I have met have been devout Christians. Our own @MrMan is one of them. I think piously Christian people like that purposely cloak themselves with "Christianity" to do two things: Fool other people into thinking they are virtuous, and to convince themselves that they are good people as well.

It is to the point that when someone marks himself as a Christian, I assume he or she is wicked fraud unless I am convinced of otherwise over time. So when I see Catholic priests molesting little kids, or Protestant preachers sleeping with married congregation members, or pressuring people to contribute money they don't have, it all makes sense.

Remember the Rev. Jim Jones? Remember Jim Bakker? Remember Jimmy Swaggart? All of these wicked Christian clerics were demons walking the earth while fooling their flocks. But I guess many Christians would try to say what Neo said, "But those aren't authentic Christians!" Truth is there is no such thing as an authentic Christian because they are all frauds in one way or another.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Neo wrote:
I've said it before, and I say it again now, not everyone who claims to be Christian is Christian.
This is true if you refer to individual people and you can say that not only about Christians, but about any individual of any faith.
There are plenty of people, who claim to be Christians, Moslems, Buddhists etc. but are breaking deliberately any rule in their holy books if they consider such rules are causing them discomfort.
... the Catholic church in particular is not Christian, and that's probably what most people are thinking of. It is Roman paganism that unbelieving people think of as Christian because it has a Christian covering. It requires a little bit of true interest in Christianity but it's rather obvious once a person realizes what paganism and Christianity are.
We are talking here not about individual people, but about an organization.
The Catholic Church is clearly orientated into Christianity and considers the Bible as its guideline.
Same is true with many Christian groups, like Orthodox, Luther Churches, Baptists, Jehovahs, Presbyterians, LDS, Iglesia de Cristo, El Shaddai etc.etc. They all refer to the Bible and therefore they are Christians.

Islam never refers to Jews and Christians (including Catholics) as pagans.

Paganism in general are religions which are into polytheism, like Buddhists and Hindus, Sikhs and obsolete religions like those of the ancient Egypt, Greece and Roman Empire, also religious belief of uneducated tribe people who think about nature (sun, moon, stars, thunder - any illness etc,) as 'signs from a higher power' can be considered as paganism.

You might also consider atheists as pagans, as they do not believe in a single god - but also not in many various gods - which might be male and female - either.

I remember another 'Christian' called Adama who wrote comments in this forum - his arguments were basically about all who considered themselves as Christians were not Christians in his belief - regardless if they were Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox - but he failed even to show to which 'true' Christian organization he belongs - likely he was dreaming to create a 'new true Christian movement'.

I consider 'religion' as nothing but a business. If you are a clever guy or grrl and are not worried about scorn at the beginning, you might find some idiots who will listen and run after you and give you even money because you are a prophet inspired by 'God' from somewhere.
Finally make it up to be a millionaire... but unluckily I am too stupid to do that...

Philippines is especially good with that....

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Moretorque wrote:
May 3rd, 2020, 5:15 pm
That doesn't really apply as of late, these days you need Big GOV in most cases today to back you, just look at the bail outs. What you are saying used to apply but not anymore here in America. As a matter of fact we are completely plugged into this con house of cards they have set up for our sustenace in most cases from day to day.
Yeah, the bad guys have established vertical monopolies that are almost impenetrable now. You might get lucky with some startup or something, but generally you are either one of them, one of their low agency pets working for them and acting as a barrier against real people breaking into the elite, or else you are screwed. Indeed the more talented you were, often the more they would want to keep you out.

To put it another way, Western society is the same as any other society. Historically some of the time money and power is up for grabs, while other times everything is all sewn up. For example, if you were a school leaver in 1960 it would be perfectly possible to wander into a bank, get a job as a teller, work your way up and eventually become a multi-millionaire investment banker. These days in order to make it in investment banking you apparently need to intern and be introduced to the right people as a teenager. By the time you left college it would be already too late.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

May 4th, 2020, 6:57 pm
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 5:47 pm
That all makes perfect sense. Some of the most despicable, evil, and toxic people I have met have been devout Christians. Our own @MrMan is one of them. I think piously Christian people like that purposely cloak themselves with "Christianity" to do two things: Fool other people into thinking they are virtuous, and to convince themselves that they are good people as well.

It is to the point that when someone marks himself as a Christian, I assume he or she is wicked fraud unless I am convinced of otherwise over time. So when I see Catholic priests molesting little kids, or Protestant preachers sleeping with married congregation members, or pressuring people to contribute money they don't have, it all makes sense.

Remember the Rev. Jim Jones? Remember Jim Bakker? Remember Jimmy Swaggart? All of these wicked Christian clerics were demons walking the earth while fooling their flocks. But I guess many Christians would try to say what Neo said, "But those aren't authentic Christians!" Truth is there is no such thing as an authentic Christian because they are all frauds in one way or another.
I remember them vaguely. They sound like two-faced pastors in Baptist and AME Zion churches across America.

Dude, call me a louse for the following, but I literally came to church to get free "plates" (lol) and to hear who can "sang" their arse off. Other than that, fvck church in America especially.

If I don't sound too miseducated here: don't most Europeans even until this day practice Christianity (the ones that are Christians of course) have premarital sex versus so-called Christians in N. America that shun it, are prudish about it, and some still have premarital sex anyway? Seemingly European Christians believe premarital sex is perfectly fine. This might attribute to the Puritans and Pilgrims being exiled from Western Europe (due to their crazy evil interpretation of the Bible) hence why their backward arses migrated to Plymouth Rock, Mass and created the two-faced culture today in American/U.S. culture.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

There is no winning with men for the Christian. On the one side people may say: stop being a Christian and stop following the rules of God; follow your own rules the way we do, and liberate yourself from religious doctrine. On the other hand, if there is a carnal Christian who does as the heathen do, then he receives all kinds of scorn.

I'd say it's pretty hard for many people to judge people as a group, for the most part, unless they are conspiratorial and literally trying to enslave or bring down the world. A person couldn't say that all blacks are responsible for a certain insult. That would be considered unfair by most people who possess rational minds.

However, for some reason, it seems perfectly reasonable to some, to paint all Christians with the same brush. That'd be like holding every member of a particular race responsible for the behavior of all the others.

In any case, a Christian can never win with a certain type who are determined against them on principle (mainly for no reason when that Christian himself has committed no injury against them, not even a single insult).

There are many types of Christians, just like there are many types of blacks, whites, Asians, etc. Some people are more devout than others. But take notice that if the person is devout, he is still hated by outsiders; and if he is carnal, he is hated for being carnal by people who themselves do not observe God's rules.

As for different types of Christianity, the sects in particular, the individual persons within them may still get saved (the true salvation, by faith in Christ; not the false kind, by their own works). In other words, even though a person is a member of a religion that teaches a false salvation doctrine, he or she may still be saved. Salvation is of the heart, independent of the type of religion. One just needs to hear the gospel and believe it.

As for the upper institution of the Catholic church (not the people within it), it's not much different from Freemasonry or the Bilderberg group or Trilateral commission. Its heritage and claim is based upon falsehood. Peter was never a pope and was not the founder of Catholicism. The foundation that Jesus was talking about was not about Peter, though his name does mean rock. He was talking about the belief that Jesus is the Son of God because that is when a person gets saved (when one accepts this belief), and that is how a person joins God's church. In fact, the New Testament is very much against Catholicism in God's foreknowledge as has been listed on this site by Adama in his thread "Poor Catholics Do Not Know" in the Religious section.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Yohan wrote:
May 4th, 2020, 11:28 pm
Neo wrote:
I've said it before, and I say it again now, not everyone who claims to be Christian is Christian.
This is true if you refer to individual people and you can say that not only about Christians, but about any individual of any faith.
There are plenty of people, who claim to be Christians, Moslems, Buddhists etc. but are breaking deliberately any rule in their holy books if they consider such rules are causing them discomfort.
... the Catholic church in particular is not Christian, and that's probably what most people are thinking of. It is Roman paganism that unbelieving people think of as Christian because it has a Christian covering. It requires a little bit of true interest in Christianity but it's rather obvious once a person realizes what paganism and Christianity are.
We are talking here not about individual people, but about an organization.
The Catholic Church is clearly orientated into Christianity and considers the Bible as its guideline.
Same is true with many Christian groups, like Orthodox, Luther Churches, Baptists, Jehovahs, Presbyterians, LDS, Iglesia de Cristo, El Shaddai etc.etc. They all refer to the Bible and therefore they are Christians.

Islam never refers to Jews and Christians (including Catholics) as pagans.

Paganism in general are religions which are into polytheism, like Buddhists and Hindus, Sikhs and obsolete religions like those of the ancient Egypt, Greece and Roman Empire, also religious belief of uneducated tribe people who think about nature (sun, moon, stars, thunder - any illness etc,) as 'signs from a higher power' can be considered as paganism.

You might also consider atheists as pagans, as they do not believe in a single god - but also not in many various gods - which might be male and female - either.

I remember another 'Christian' called Adama who wrote comments in this forum - his arguments were basically about all who considered themselves as Christians were not Christians in his belief - regardless if they were Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox - but he failed even to show to which 'true' Christian organization he belongs - likely he was dreaming to create a 'new true Christian movement'.
A man must look beneath the surface at the fine details. At a glance, it looks like Christianity. However, if a man with a discerning eye looks at the fine details, he will clearly see that Catholicism is not even about Christ. That's just lip service. It's about the Pope, Mary, priests as "Fathers," the dead saints, holy water, beads, praying in repetition, statues, and lots of pomp. This is not Christianity but is from paganism. For example, worshiping Mary as the Queen of heaven or as the mediator between God and man is paganism.

The Roman authorities found that although attempts were made to utterly destroy Christianity, it still grew. So then paganism and Christianity were incorporated together. It is pagan hybrid. You just need to know what Christianity is about. Compare what Christianity is supposed to be about from the Bible. Then reference that to the Catholic church. That is how a person knows. Islam cannot tell the difference because Islam is about Islam, not about Christianity.

As for what particular church a person belongs to, it is irrelevant as far as being a Christian. When a person believes on Christ (gets saved) that is when he becomes a member of God's church. There is no particular denomination. It is God's church. As for assembling together into a building to worship God with other believers, then that is a matter of finding the right place to worship.