What movies have lied to you about dating and women?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: What movies have lied to you about dating and women?

Post by Taco »

Most movies have a submissive man prostrating himself to dominant, rude woman. This is an attempt to normalize dysfunctional behavior.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Hollywood movies and TV shows portray America as one big "party" where all men are able to get laid no matter how fat or ugly they are! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

It used to be that an adventure/action story could get away with at most one and only strong female lead (think of the original Star Wars, or the original Lord of the Rings), following traditional wisdom that a woman who is as as strong, capable, brave as an average man is rarely occurring in nature. Also, because men were stronger they were tasked with protecting women and children through putting their own physical well-being on the line (in fiction as well as in actual history).

The wisdom of today is that women are just as strong, capable, and brave as men are, so strong female leads are everywhere. But oddly, it is often the case in these stories that men are still treated as disposable. Any time a large number of nameless bodies is needed by the plot for the protagonist to hack or shoot his or her way through, those bodies will typically be comprised of men. It begs for explanation. Why, if women are just as capable of protecting themselves as men are, do men still fight and die for women in large numbers?

Like, even the otherwise excellent Game of Thrones is guilty of this. After being presented with no shortage of strong female characters (Brienne, Arya Stark, Ygritte, Yara Greyjoy, Arya's assassin/trainer, Ellaria & the Sand Snakes, to name a few) you would be inclined to think that in this world female strength is a common commodity. At least not uncommon. Yet in every major battle scene the large mass of bodies being slaughtered is comprised overwhelmingly if not entirely of men.

Treating men as disposable is as senseless as treating women as being in need of protection IF female strength is really that commonplace. Wouldn't a society put its females on the front lines if said females were actually that good at protecting themselves and others? Wouldn't you be stupid not to? How do the writers of franchises with revisionist settings explain the failure to correct male disposability? I've been waiting for an answer to this question.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I think there is an error with this board. Every time I try to edit an extraneous post it creates a new one?
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I think maybe some men are so enamored with the beauty of women and the prospects of bedroom activity, that oftentimes some do not consider, that a woman also needs to be a good person on the inside. If she is not a genuinely good person, getting with her can ruin a man's life. It's not necessarily a blessing to interact with a bad woman.

There are lots of beautiful women. There might even be beautiful women who are willing. But the important thing is to find a beautiful, willing woman with a genuinely good heart. It seems obvious but it gets overlooked because of the scarcity effect.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.