Men in America Face an Epidemic of Loneliness

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: Men in America Face an Epidemic of Loneliness

Post by Neo »

In the past on other forums, when some people learned I was long term without a girlfriend, they would often post that meme picture of that crying head when writing about me.

For some reason, the tendency for many people is to issue scorn and hatred toward men who are single. I wonder if they thought they were better than me, because they had relationships with American women.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Neo wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 8:16 am
In the past on other forums, when some people learned I was long term without a girlfriend, they would often post that meme picture of that crying head when writing about me.

For some reason, the tendency for many people is to issue scorn and hatred toward men who are single. I wonder if they thought they were better than me, because they had relationships with American women.
To be fair, it is a pretty common human desire to have companionship, love, be in relationships and all that jazz. It's not some new thing, it's been around since forever and always will be, all the weirdos advocating guys to bang sillicon dolls and marry their left hand notwithstanding.

Being single isn't a bad thing, as long as you still get regular action in the bedroom and some sense of validation from your peers and the opposite gender. Freedom, too, has it's perks. But I do think I felt a sense of... emptiness, from being single. It was never particularly strong as I was never single for too long. But I reckon for a man at a certain point in life, say thirty and beyond, it gets pretty lonely especially when you would see men your age getting married and having families, or at the very least having long-term girlfriends while you, in a sense, get 'left behind'. That has got to suck for a great many men who aren't comfortable with their own company and are hurt by the lack of validation their loneliness may cause them to experience.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Neo wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 8:16 am
Exactly my own experience, many Western people, men and women, offer no understanding for men who are young and single but lonely and have nothing else to offer to them but scorn - making fun out of them. I would not call it 'hate' however, but I am from Europe, not from USA.

Such behavior against me from Western people, both men and women, became even worse when I was starting to date foreign women only.

After I moved away from Europe, I had only very limited contact with my native country.

However as far as I still get some information from my friend who is still living in Europe.... we were working together in the same company...
He told me many of those who made fun about me being lonely are now divorced, some men totally financially broken, jobless, even jail - one woman who was looking down on me had 3 children from 2 men and is now living in poverty as all her boyfriends disappeared and no alimony or child support - she is so lonely as nobody wants anything to do with her since her 40s.... one other was ended up in alcohol, another one got psycho with drugs and tried to commit suicide...

As I always say, TIME is a mighty factor, TIME was pushing me slowly more and more to the better side, I never had such a good life as I have now and my only issue is the age - on the other side TIME works obviously against feminist women and so-called pussified men.

I can only laugh when I heard that one of these girls who made fun out of me is now an old poor woman living alone in a basement room and freezing during long and cold winter season in her 60s, while I am sitting at the same time in the shadow under a palm tree near to a large private swimming pool in Thailand within the housing compound of my second home. :lol:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 9:21 am
.....Being single isn't a bad thing, as long as you still get regular action in the bedroom and some sense of validation from your peers and the opposite gender...
Sounds nice, but how to do this? For me long time ago - no way. Nowadays nothing changed, even getting worse. Loneliness is a major problem in Western countries, mostly among young men and later on, as a logical backlash, among old women.

See the reality, many women in Western countries are naive, misguided, delusional, expecting too much, too much into sex without any thought about their future....such behavior is often even supported by the legal situation. It's all the fault of the men...

The problem is about feminism - young women get the wrong message - they are powerful, can look after themselves and as result they are choosing their boyfriends only for fun and using the wrong criteria how to accept and reject men.

Nowadays criminals have a better chance to find women because of their exciting life-style than honest men working full-time and are therefore 'boring'.
Men who do not drink, not using drugs and don't smoke are considered 'weak'...
Men who come from a poor family background are outsiders anyway, looking only for the rich - money is a very important factor of course. But - how to earn so much money as a man if you come from a poor broken family?
Men who are braggarts and con-men are choosen because they know how to talk and show up with 'something' like an expensive car, the girl will go with him and never ask him if it is paid...what kind of job he is doing... and so on...

Violent men are admired as 'protectors', after ending up in the hospital, the girl cries 'he should not do that to me' and adds such a comment like 'all men are assholes anyway' and still waits for him at the prison gate at the day of his release...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Yohan wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 10:04 am
However as far as I still get some information from my friend who is still living in Europe.... we were working together in the same company...
He told me many of those who made fun about me being lonely are now divorced, some men totally financially broken, jobless, even jail - one woman who was looking down on me had 3 children from 2 men and is now living in poverty as all her boyfriends disappeared and no alimony or child support - she is so lonely as nobody wants anything to do with her since her 40s.... one other was ended up in alcohol, another one got psycho with drugs and tried to commit suicide...

As I always say, TIME is a mighty factor, TIME was pushing me slowly more and more to the better side, I never had such a good life as I have now and my only issue is the age - on the other side TIME works obviously against feminist women and so-called pussified men.

I can only laugh when I heard that one of these girls who made fun out of me is now an old poor woman living alone in a basement room and freezing during long and cold winter season in her 60s, while I am sitting at the same time in the shadow under a palm tree near to a large private swimming pool in Thailand within the housing compound of my second home. :lol:
One thing you have to give to evil Western regimes is they often seem to have a certain sense of poetic justice.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Cornfed wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 8:39 pm
One thing you have to give to evil Western regimes is they often seem to have a certain sense of poetic justice.
You probably don't want to gloat too much because you're living out that very same lonely existence.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 12:35 am
Cornfed wrote:
May 22nd, 2019, 8:39 pm
You probably don't want to gloat too much because you're living out that very same lonely existence.
Without the money. I agree. But I will not agree to sell out like the people who do. At lest not for the same amount of money.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The guy who did the video explaining the loneliness epidemic in America did an experiment with online dating in Ukraine vs. online dating in the USA.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Here is an interesting video from the same person (who talks about men facing an epidemic of loneliness in America) on the fact that dating in America for men is much more difficult than it should be and most dating advice that men get is absolutely worthless.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I've been seeing a few voices in the "manosphere" give to men who are struggling to find a woman the honest advice that they should probably give up the search. It's cold. It's honest. It's probably the right thing to say to some men. The dating scene has gone to hell and will only get worse. Average-looking men are increasingly losing out and the bad-looking men never stood a chance. At some point you may be legit better off seeking happiness in other areas of life rather than hitting your head against the same wall time and again, reinforcing thoughts of low self-worth with repeated experience, fighting an unwinnable war.

The Buddha said that all suffering comes from desire and this is as good an example of that as I've ever come upon. Men desire women. If we didn't, we probably all be a lot happier. But it's not so easy to rid oneself of this desire, is it? Some may have more success than others. At least in our modern age there are things that can help. (Love dolls come to mind!!)

Anyway just expect to see more of this. They will be in good company, so in that way at least they will not be completely lonely.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

flowerthief00 wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 11:48 pm
I've been seeing a few voices in the "manosphere" give to men who are struggling to find a woman the honest advice that they should probably give up the search. It's cold. It's honest. It's probably the right thing to say to some men.
Yeah, it's cold and honest alright. It's also incredibly weak and defeatist, especially when the men still searching and told to give up already are usually men who deeply crave companionship. Why would they give up on their dreams just because it's hard? What is this site even about?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 1:12 am
flowerthief00 wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 11:48 pm
I've been seeing a few voices in the "manosphere" give to men who are struggling to find a woman the honest advice that they should probably give up the search. It's cold. It's honest. It's probably the right thing to say to some men.
Yeah, it's cold and honest alright. It's also incredibly weak and defeatist, especially when the men still searching and told to give up already are usually men who deeply crave companionship. Why would they give up on their dreams just because it's hard? What is this site even about?
The thing is, it is the reality of most men who stay in the West. If we don't want to accept it we need to depose Western regimes in our generation. Can we do this? We don't want to be weak and defeatist and give up on our dreams because they are hard.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
This sort of thing is why I despise Marcos so much. Same simple-minded black-and-white thinking as with those Filipino village peasants he went to live with.

The purpose of life is happiness. If finding a women, or living with one once you do find her, subtracts rather than adds to happiness, over the long run, then indeed the wise thing is to give up on women. Note the qualifier "long run", since of course there will be short term setbacks where pursuing or living with women reduce happiness temporarily.

In practice, most non-elite men would be better off reducing rather than completely eliminating the role of women in their life. In particular, men should learn to share the women, which would eliminate the shortage immediately. Men should also toughen themselves up to endure long periods of celibacy, so that they never have to put up with crap from women. Just walk away. Men should also toughen themselves up not to need love from women, since love is hard for women to fake. If a man doesn't need reciprocated love, can endure long periods of celibacy, and is willing to share women with other men, then he can do what I do: just pay cash for access to women's bodies for sexual purposes. So no need to give up on women entirely, other than men who have absolutely no money and no prospects of them getting any money (think physically handicapped beggars in Bangladesh or whatever).
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Shemp wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 2:48 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:
This sort of thing is why I despise Marcos so much. Same simple-minded black-and-white thinking as with those Filipino village peasants he went to live with.

The purpose of life is happiness. If finding a women, or living with one once you do find her, subtracts rather than adds to happiness, over the long run, then indeed the wise thing is to give up on women. Note the qualifier "long run", since of course there will be short term setbacks where pursuing or living with women reduce happiness temporarily.

In practice, most non-elite men would be better off reducing rather than completely eliminating the role of women in their life. In particular, men should learn to share the women, which would eliminate the shortage immediately. Men should also toughen themselves up to endure long periods of celibacy, so that they never have to put up with crap from women. Just walk away. Men should also toughen themselves up not to need love from women, since love is hard for women to fake. If a man doesn't need reciprocated love, can endure long periods of celibacy, and is willing to share women with other men, then he can do what I do: just pay cash for access to women's bodies for sexual purposes. So no need to give up on women entirely, other than men who have absolutely no money and no prospects of them getting any money (think physically handicapped beggars in Bangladesh or whatever).
Yeah that is not what strong societies are made of and what is going to happened is men in societies doing what you advocate are going to be murdered and the females will be taken as war brides and concubines. But you, like a typical boomer, don't care about that as long as you die before it happens.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
May 20th, 2019, 9:21 am
Being single isn't a bad thing, as long as you still get regular action in the bedroom and some sense of validation from your peers and the opposite gender.
Well being married is a hell of a bad thing because eventually, husbands DON'T get regular action in the bedroom nor any sense of validation from peers. They get trauma bonding with fellow enslaved husbands. I will grant you that they DO receive validation from women who tend to approve of husbands as good little slaves to their wives and families while unmarried men catch female scorn akin to that of runaway slaves who they would rather see doing their duty as tools for their masters.
MarcosZeitola wrote: Freedom, too, has it's perks. But I do think I felt a sense of... emptiness, from being single.
That is only because you lived an empty life as a single man. It is interesting that you use the term "single." Being single implies an unfortunate condition, while being unmarried is a positive, liberating, and exhilarating status. It is a shame you were never able to truly know the power and joy of being free of a master wife and children.
MarcosZeitola wrote: But I reckon for a man at a certain point in life, say thirty and beyond, it gets pretty lonely especially when you would see men your age getting married and having families, or at the very least having long-term girlfriends while you, in a sense, get 'left behind'.
Well you "reckon" quite incorrectly. I am in my 50's and I cringe each time I see a married man struggling with a bossy wife and ungovernable children. They look defeated, tired, resigned, and forlorn. It is a constant validation that the unmarried man is the man who made the smarter choice.
MarcosZeitola wrote: That has got to suck for a great many men who aren't comfortable with their own company and are hurt by the lack of validation their loneliness may cause them to experience.
What has got to suck is when married men are forced to cheat on their wives who no longer have to behave favorably to their husbands nor give them any sex. It also has to suck when men have to carve out man-caves in their own homes for any semblance of their own company because they are sick and tired of seeing their fat wife and hearing her mouth. Finally, it also has to suck that married guys like you can't see that the married guys are the most lonely because the statistics of infidelity and divorce in all societies bear that out. So tell us again which men suffer lives of lack of validation and loneliness?

"Projection" is more than just a image on a movie theater screen.