All Asian dating sites are scams

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

All Asian dating sites are scams

Post by flowerthief00 »

Online international dating is hopelessly replete with scams. The vid talks about China specifically, but this is all over the continent.

I confirmed it myself when I tried making a blank profile without any pictures on VietnamCupid. Within a couple days my mailbox filled up with dozens of messages from women, but on close examination the messages were VERY similar in content and length. Stuff like "I liked your profile. Tell me more." When I checked my profile views, only a single person had actually viewed my profile.

I estimate that 10% of the messages you get come from actual women you might have a small chance to meet. But were you to pony up cash to upgrade the account for the sake of that chance, you would be rewarding this company for their dishonesty.
And this company is supposed to be one of the better ones! (They run a series of supposedly reputable sites: FilipinoCupid, KoreanCupid, and a lot more; stay away from 'em all!)

This should also be taken as evidence that the demand from Asia for foreign men is not as great as we are led to believe. If it were, these agencies wouldn't need to resort to scams to take men's money; they could sit back and let men and women message each other honestly.

[/youtube]
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: All Asian dating sites are scams

Post by CannedHam »

Language learning sites/apps are a much better bet these days IMO. Especially if you're going for the younger (20-30) group.

You can be 500% sure that whatever photos Asian women put up on their profile, are processed thru a million apps, filters, etc. The end product looks almost nothing like the woman.

The "serious" women on these sites are in their 30s and 40s. So if you're older and don't mind a lady that's not in her 20s, you will probably be in luck. I can confirm this as my (mainland Chinese) wife has two friends that are looking for a husband internationally on these sites. They are in their late 30s and definitely mean business. I would be suspicious about any woman in her 20s that's attractive on dating sites.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If you want to meet Vietnamese women in Vietnam, go to Vietnam.

If you want to meet 1.5 & 2nd gen Vietnamese girls in the US, we have plenty here in Orange County CA.

Be warned that even if you marry one, she won’t necessarily go into the marriage with mindset that she would stay with you for rest of her life. So choose carefully.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I AM going to Vietnam. My understanding is that you have to meet them online in advance because they don't respond well to cold approach, and I will not have a lot of time to waste. But if there is an adequate site for meeting Vietnamese girls who knows what it is. Assuming there is even interest in international dating from that region.

Yup, I'm well aware marriage is a piss-poor investment for men.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Are you going there to play or looking for LTR/spouse?

For those looking to play there’s a few videos on YouTube titled “Vietnam nightlife 2018”. Might be worth a look. Needless to say the women dressed in cameltoe outfits at the bars are likely not suitable for spouse.

If you are looking for LTR or spouse, I would suggest maybe finding employment abroad there. Private, government, NGO, education/study abroad, etc. I think Loyola University has study abroad in Vietnam for summers.

I have had several LD relationships with GF in Japan/Taiwan/Singapore/Malaysia. If I could do over I would make the commitment to just move there. It would have been much easier.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

I'm going to sightsee lol. But if possible it would be fun to meet girls while I'm there, whether for play or LTR or whatever.

That was an ace idea to use language learning apps! I'm finding lots of V-girls eager to chat. A couple of them offered to show me around when I get there. Obviously, the downside is you gotta give up the dating/romance angle, as most of the girls using a language app do not have that purpose in mind, and most language apps don't allow it. But making friends is def better than not knowing anyone at all.

I'll also be checking in at Thailand and if possible hope to meet some girls there, but I know from experience Thai girls are quite unresponsive when you try to meet them online.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

I tend to agree that all Asian dating apps are fake. The girls on DIA and Pina Love that are young and pretty are either ladyboys or P4P. Even before they will meet you they want to know how much you'll pay them.

One girl that said she was different and did come over, looked nothing like her photos and looked so bad I sent her away. A friend who uses DIA sent the last 4 he met away because they looked nothing like their photos. Horrible.
Bahtiyar
Freshman Poster

Post by Bahtiyar »

To be honest, I don't agree with you. Some of the famous Asian dating sites have loads of ladyboys. However, there are loads of cure real Asian girls too. Anyway, if you have difficulties distinguishing a ladyboy from a real girl, I am sure this article will be helpful 5 Ways to Identify a Ladyboy
I am the founder of Bahtiyar World - Universal Blog