How to meet or pick up girls in Indonesia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

How to meet or pick up girls in Indonesia

Post by Winston »

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I think Indonesian girls may be even hotter than Filipinas. :P Would it be hard for a 40-year-old
American man to get a date with an 18-year-old Indonesian girl?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Hero wrote:I think Indonesian girls may be even hotter than Filipinas. :P Would it be hard for a 40-year-old
American man to get a date with an 18-year-old Indonesian girl?
If dating sites are any judge, Indonesians are less tolerant about age difference. 18 y o's on those almost always want a guy under 30-34. But this is in ads. I have heard of a 45 y o guy scoring with a 22 y.o Indonesian girl and seen a guy around 70 with a 23 yo or so girl on different sites. I think all depends on how you look and how open minded the girl is. All things said, if you are an older man and look like this:
http://images.inmagine.com/img/corbis/c ... 630004.jpg
it is harder to score than if you are an older man that looks like this:
http://www.silverfeast.com/wp-content/u ... rosnan.jpg
Wouldn't you agree? The later would have no problem scoring with any woman any age, while the former had better have something else going for him, like money.
Speaking of Pierce Brosnan, he chose not to go to Indonesia. Here is his wife:

http://www.superphotospace.com/images/t ... 1d0a-t.jpg

Blessed are those who are aware of alternatives!

He obviously wasn't.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you serious? Pierce Brosnan wouldn't marry a fat turd like that!
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

WWu777 wrote:Are you serious? Pierce Brosnan wouldn't marry a fat turd like that!
He obviously did. Google 'images', Pierce Brosnan family/wife.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

WWu777 wrote:Are you serious? Pierce Brosnan wouldn't marry a fat turd like that!

The "before and after" photos of Keely Shaye Smith is a long-running joke.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: How to meet or pick up girls in Indonesia

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out guys!

http://www.jakarta100bars.com/2016/04/n ... etnam.html

Wow I didn't know indonesia had go go bars!

Where are they and whats the prices at them? Are they similar to the bars in angeles city? Are there freelancers for less too? Does every city or town in Indonesia have them?

Indonesian girls are hotter and look less ghetto than filipinas in my experience I think. Am i right? They are also more exotic too. Since they dont speak English and are unwesternized and seem more pure. But they seem more reserved though.

How come indonesia isnt an expat hotspot like Philippines and Thailand?

Any of you have any experiences there?

@Falcon , @Mr S , @ladislav , @Rock , @El_Caudillo ?

Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I've never been to Indonesia but I will be going to Malaysia towards the end of this year. It will be my first base once I leave the Anglosphere for good. As for why Indonesia isn't a popular expat destination, I've heard it can be very difficult to obtain long-term residency permits for foreigners. I also don't really like the idea that Indonesia and Malaysia are the Muslim heartland of Asia. I remember reading a post asking whether you'd convert to Islam in order to marry a beautiful Muslim girl. Unfortunately, I don't think I have what it takes to commit such an act of apostasy. Islam, whether violent or not, is quite sickening to me. Perhaps the Sufis are a bit better.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Bao3niang wrote:
January 14th, 2018, 2:28 am
I've never been to Indonesia but I will be going to Malaysia towards the end of this year. It will be my first base once I leave the Anglosphere for good. As for why Indonesia isn't a popular expat destination, I've heard it can be very difficult to obtain long-term residency permits for foreigners. I also don't really like the idea that Indonesia and Malaysia are the Muslim heartland of Asia. I remember reading a post asking whether you'd convert to Islam in order to marry a beautiful Muslim girl. Unfortunately, I don't think I have what it takes to commit such an act of apostasy. Islam, whether violent or not, is quite sickening to me. Perhaps the Sufis are a bit better.
In some ways Malaysia seems more modern, but in some ways more radical about Islam. Malays converting could face persecution and a foreigner who is from one of the groups they consider Malay who is Christian may not be able to get citizenship for being Malay like a Muslim would.

In Indonesia, you can't legally get married outside of your religion. You can leave the country. Some expats who aren't religious just say they are Muslim and get married at the mosque. Mosque marriage registration is really easy, I hear. They have a govenment department for people of other religions who want to get married.

I think Indonesia is a less popular destination partly for language reasons. Malaysians speak English. At least in KL, where I have been, they do. I did meet some Bangladeshi imigrants who didn't speak English or Malayu. I speak Indonesian, and I can understand about 70 or 80% of what taxi drivers say unless they start using unique Malaysian vocabulary, as long as they use a standard accent. Very proper Indonesian is actually reasonably good Malay. Regional dialects depart from the proper language in both language.

Indonesia has a large number of 'pribumi' (ethnic local) Christians. There are Christian areas in Java, and I think within extendd families the Javanese might have Christians and Muslims and in some regions they are tolerant about religion. The Batak tend to be Lutheran, Pentecostal, or Roman Catholic, though there is a Muslim area, too, in the south. Manado has lots of Christians and stores with Christian themed names.

I discussed this with some Indonesians from Sumatra. It still seems to be the norm that people are virgins at marriage.

In Indonesia, there naught girls at sleazy bars in Jakarta. I've never hung out there, but I hear such places exist. But there are lots and lots of nice girls. Dating is a step toward marriage. They call each other 'just friends' when they are dating. Just about everyone single wants to get married or is expected to want to. And those who have gotten married want to have a baby within the first year.

The food is good. There are lots of different cuisines from different people groups in one country. The flavors are a lot bolder than Filipino food. Some dishes vaguely resemble Thai food (well maybe one--certain versions of Thai yellow curry versus gulai). The downside is they will eat food cold sometimes-- rice and stuff that should be served hot. The food would be good if served hot. Indonesians have all kinds of great fruit you may not be familiar with in the west.

For looks, there are some lookers in Indonesia. My wife is a beautiful woman. For me, though, as a young single man, if I saw a group of 100 thin college-aged girls in the US, 5 to 10 of them might be visually appealing enough to me to consider dating just basd on looks alone. Chinese and Koreans-- about the same. For Indonesians, maybe 3 to 7.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

About age differences in Indonesia, it's rare to see old men with really young women. I've seen a couple of white expats with Indonesian women. A billionaire I had dinner with was married to a woman who might have been 20 or 25 years younger than he was. A former chair of a multi-billion dollar (in assets) I know also has a wife who looks to be about 25 or 30 years younger than he is. 10 years is probably not that big of a deal.

A white guy is seen as a good catch, generally, if he's a decent guy, has a good career, there are no major religious differences, etc. So if he's a good catch in other areas, the age difference may seem like less of an issue.

For marriage, a man or his family proposes to the bride's family more or less. Indonesians tend not to get married without parental approval, even if they are 30 years old. And in some cultures, extended family has a role in elaborate cultural traditions in wedding ceremonies.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But if there are go go bars in Jakarta or freelancer bars, then how come Indonesia isn't a hot spot for sex tourists or sexpats or those seeking p4p and cheap sex? Why do those guys only go to Angeles City and Pattaya?

Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

It works a bit differently than what I've seen in China. Nowadays in China many, if not most young couples get married without that much parental intervention.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Winston wrote:
January 14th, 2018, 6:19 am
But if there are go go bars in Jakarta or freelancer bars, then how come Indonesia isn't a hot spot for sex tourists or sexpats or those seeking p4p and cheap sex? Why do those guys only go to Angeles City and Pattaya?
I'm not sure, but I'll share my ideas. The government shuts down prostitution. There was a hotel that was known for having prostitutes. The new caught hold of the story and put it on the news night after night. I'd imagine there is prostitution, maybe even some pick-up bars where guys throw the girls some cash afterwards, but it would have to be low key. I had a friend who'd go to what he called the 'squeeze me bar' and take a female employee with him. He went with other people in order to make business deals, and take a female with him to keep the girls away if they saw them and assumed they were together. He said there were a bunch of expat men who would grope the girls. They'd take girls home or to a hotel and send them off with some money. I don't know if the negotiated beforehand, or if it was fornication with a large tip or whatever. I never went there. He told me about it and said he did not participate. That might have been 20 years ago, though. I don't know if there still are places like that. I never went to one myself.

Muslim religious groups oppose prostitution and certain other vices in society, too.

One place I worked had guests come in from overseas from time to time. A British man who lived elsewhere came to do some work. He asked me where bars and clubs were. I said Kemang. He didn't say he wanted to pick up women. I was going to take him to get some shoes or whatever, so I called his hotel and a woman answered. I figured he found a club where he could pick up a woman. Other than being hit on by a prostitute at a cheap cheap 'losmen'-- kind of like a uber cheap hotel, in Sumatra, and seeing a few girls on the side of the high way my wife said were hookers, I don't know much more about this sort of thing. I know prostitution exists, but it is not a prominent part of the culture out in the open. Most Indonesians seem to be religious with whatever religion, and Chrisitanity and Islam both have a negative attitude toward prostitution. Buddhists don't seem to care much for it, too. I haven't heard about Hinduism and prostitution, but I'd imagine religious parents in Bali or other Hindu areas wouldn't want their girls to be prostitutes. In India, there is actually an idol for prostitutes as well.

I'd also imagine that Indonesia is not a big location for the sex trade because it isn't that easy to speak English there, also.