Why Are People Here Not Traveling?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
BlackKnight
Junior Poster

Re: Why Are People Here Not Traveling?

Post by BlackKnight »

zacb wrote:Others have mentioned this before, but it seems more like self loathing and defeatism (as much as the West can suck), and less doing. Why isn't there as many trip reports on here? I know it takes time to plan trips, but heck once you take the first, the next will be easier. Matter of fact I am planning a Colombia trip. So what gives with all the negative posts and lack of progress on trips?
Low IQs?

lol
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Re: Why are People on Here Not Travelling?

Post by Guyver »

eurobrat wrote:No offense but why not just get a job in your new host country!

I came to Germany on fewer than €1500 and landed a job that I will make €50-60k this year at least. I also now have full medical and dental insurance and 35 paid days off.

Why continue this poor mans mentality?
Doing what? What was your plan and execution to land that gig?
Smart men learn from their mistakes. Wise men learn from other men's mistakes.

Knowledge is gained in bad experiences, but confidence is only gained through positive experiences.
The
Junior Poster

Post by The »

Guyver wrote:

I came to Germany on fewer than €1500 and landed a job that I will make €50-60k this year at least. I also now have full medical and dental insurance and 35 paid days off.

His secret is that he has EU citizenship.....If you dont have EU citizenship, its not impossible but its very very difficult to work in Europe....
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

zacb wrote:Others have mentioned this before, but it seems more like self loathing and defeatism (as much as the West can suck), and less doing. Why isn't there as many trip reports on here? I know it takes time to plan trips, but heck once you take the first, the next will be easier. Matter of fact I am planning a Colombia trip. So what gives with all the negative posts and lack of progress on trips?
For me, it's because I have obligations that will extend through the end of this year. 2016, for sure, could be a year that I start seriously traveling.

However, with that said, I have done some vacation traveling and have overall not been very impressed. Either the place itself is a shithole or the women aren't all that great (recently, I've been coming to terms that women aren't really all that great anywhere).

Pretty much since the beginning of this year, I haven't been involved with women in any context (outside of work). This has been the longest time in my life where I have not been meeting, dating, or just hanging out with women and, honestly, it's been very enjoyable.

So I've been realizing that I don't need women in my life to be happy (quite the opposite) and I enjoy the creature comforts (and the food) in the US. So I'll probably try to stick it out here (unless things go ass-up in my career, which is always possible).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Maverick wrote:
......I enjoy the creature comforts (and the food) in the US. So I'll probably try to stick it out here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APxGubAkOz0
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APxGubAkOz0
[/youtube]
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

For me, I'm looking into self-employment doing what I love, making money online, or I'm going to enter the blue collar field. It's insanely difficult to get any job that's white collar or service-oriented, thanks affirmative action which is the same thing as reverse discrimination. And even if I get a white-collar or service job, I'll stil have to deal with bitchy female coworkers who'll say nasty things about me just to try to get me fired or quit. Most of us here don't know much about the other options to consider as alternatives to working a regular job.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

The wrote:
Guyver wrote:

His secret is that he has EU citizenship.....If you dont have EU citizenship, its not impossible but its very very difficult to work in Europe....
True, but this applies to almost all countries.
Language or citizenship or both are usually necessary.

Why anyone would move somewhere without one of those two is beyond me unless desperate to get out of the country.
In that case you would at least need a significant other to help you with the move and adaptation.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Guyver wrote:

I work in sales. I didn't have a plan, I simply showed up with the right tools and qualifications and got hired.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

zacb wrote:You make a good point on that. For Latin America Spirit's Card seems awesome. FOr even signing up you get 15,000 bonus miles.I am thinking of using that for a Colombia trip. Good tip.
Does that card have an annual fee?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

In the past 6 months I have been to - UK, America, Peru, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Dubai, Maldives and here where I work in Qatar. I have to go back to the UK in a few months to sell my motorbike and sort my possessions that the ex missus left at my mums house, then I plan to hit Asia again.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

QatarDan wrote:In the past 6 months I have been to - UK, America, Peru, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Dubai, Maldives and here where I work in Qatar. I have to go back to the UK in a few months to sell my motorbike and sort my possessions that the ex missus left at my mums house, then I plan to hit Asia again.
I heard the oil thing has really hit Qatar ? I hear the Brits have been completely dumped on by the ruling elite and a lot of them are trying to get out ? Is the British Empire setting up or laid the foundation for a world wide Caste System ?
Time to Hide!
QatarDan
Freshman Poster

Post by QatarDan »

No things are still ok here for the Brits though if they can get an Indian or Filipino to do the job they will as they will work for $1k a month when a brit will want $10k. Economics really. All the oil companies are cutting corners now to keep afloat.
Guyver
Freshman Poster

Post by Guyver »

The wrote:
Guyver wrote:

No EU citizenship here. Suggestions? ESL?
Smart men learn from their mistakes. Wise men learn from other men's mistakes.

Knowledge is gained in bad experiences, but confidence is only gained through positive experiences.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Guyver wrote:No EU citizenship here. Suggestions? ESL?
UK and Irish people have EU citizenship and can teach ESL.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Anatol wrote: Hello ~ This is a waste of time ~
TELL ME 1 DEVELOPED/DEVELOPING COUNTRY WHERE THERE IS NO FEMINISM {(WOMEN'S EDUCATION, WOMEN'S JOBS, WOMEN'S SPORTS)}...........unless a nation like this exists, every man is wasting his time on this earth.
I do not have any problem about feminism here in Japan, which is surely not an underdeveloped country.
It's an industrial country with high income compared to many countries worldwide.

Japan is widely criticized by feminists as there is no child support, no alimony, a very weak domestic violence law, large gender pay gap, no quota for female CEO etc.
Interesting in all polls about living quality the Japanese woman is considered to be one of the happiest woman worldwide.

About a developing country with very little to none feminism you might check out Malaysia.

Thailand is not bad either - while Thailand has a lower income compared to Malaysia, some areas are good developed, living there even by international standard is not bad at all and feminism is not a pain for any man.