Guidelines for the new expat-only forum

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Thanks to zboy1.

After about 200 comments during the last weeks and finally posting in this thread

viewtopic.php?t=23942&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

I really understand now that HappierAbroad needs a strongly moderated section of the forum to remain a serious website.

I think, I will soon start some topics regarding Thailand, Philippines, Japan etc. in this part of the HA-Forum.

About myself, I am working in Tokyo since 1976, I am from Central Europe, with Japanese family, and we have a Filipina fosterdaughter in Cebu, Philippines and a nice condominium-unit in Pattaya/Jomtien for vacation and future retirement. - Yes, I consider myself as an expat, with no intention to return to Europe.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Guidelines for the new expat-only forum

Post by Winston »

Hey everyone, um, if Zboy1 isn't going to be around here anymore, according to his "farewell thread", then who is going to manage and moderate this VIP forum? Sheesh. What are we gonna do? Should we have an election? lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So who's going to moderator this Expat VIP board? How about Jester or MarcosZeitola?

It's kind of rude for Zboy1 to just leave and not discuss who he is going to leave this board to.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Again I nominate MarcosZeitola.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Jester wrote:Again I nominate MarcosZeitola.
I have been nominated in at least three different places now, but nothing has come of it, lol. It's a shame because I would really like to deal with spam and troll accounts more swiftly if I could. I promise to be mild on the ones people consider "amusing", such as Nolife and PAG. Hell, even MrBlueLight. But when it's plain, outright trolling for the purpose of riling things up, or spamming links to website and advertisements, I'll ban on sight.

Pretty damn sure you would be just as good a choice, though, Jester. You certainly have the activity and presence on the forums, across the boards. At least for now, until the next big adventure! Same for me; I have some time now, but probably won't after August. But if Winston wants my services, or anyone else, I'm up for the job. I say we make a poll and get some more candidates involved, make it a community decision.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston please read the three previous posts

Thank you very much

PS I will PM you to get you to read this
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

But Marcos, we are talking about making you a moderator for the expat VIP forum only, not for the whole board. Just for that one board only. Do you understand? What you think?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:But Marcos, we are talking about making you a moderator for the expat VIP forum only,
:roll:

The point is to have someone out there in the wild and woolly main forum, to weed out the trolls.

I dont see that the VIP forum needs so much moderation.

But if you want to get comfortable with Marcos before unleashing him on the Whole Wide World of Wu, then by all means get started working with him in the VIP Zone.

And post some freaking videos or something. And get Rock, Falcon and all those other guys in Asia to post some stuff.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Winston wrote:But Marcos, we are talking about making you a moderator for the expat VIP forum only, not for the whole board. Just for that one board only. Do you understand? What you think?
One board works fine for me. Although it's a board that probably needs little moderation because it's harder to get into. Still, if you want someone for the position I would be up for the task. Although I would like to see some of the spam accounts that occassionally pop up to get banned and their posts removed a little quicker across the boards. But for now, I'll just keep on reporting them instead if I come across them. ;)
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston the guy is already doing the job.

Check this out, chief:
MarcosZeitola wrote:
Taco wrote:Just another reminder, making someone lose face in Asia can get you killed. Filipino guys are easily provoked.

Cebu Shooting
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/breaking-news ... ing-393253
Already posted a while back, please comment on the original thread instead. :)

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=26162
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

So has any decision been made yet? Wouldn't mind a fancy color to my name. :D
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

MarcosZeitola wrote:So has any decision been made yet? Wouldn't mind a fancy color to my name. :D
The forces of nature seems to have taken control of the trolls...Its amazing without any moderation, all trolls disappeared like who would thought NewLife could ever Live :lol: ....
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Since Eurobrat is an expert on Europe now and a veteran expat there, how about we make Eurobrat the moderator of this Expat VIP Forum? So now we have three contenders:

- Jester
- MarcosZeitola
- Eurobrat

Should we do a poll on these three choices?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Since Eurobrat is an expert on Europe now and a veteran expat there, how about we make Eurobrat the moderator of this Expat VIP Forum? So now we have three contenders:

- Jester
- MarcosZeitola
- Eurobrat

Thanks with the offer but I'm really too busy these days.
I elect Jester or Marco are probably better candidates than me anyways.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:Since Eurobrat is an expert on Europe now and a veteran expat there, how about we make Eurobrat the moderator of this Expat VIP Forum? So now we have three contenders:

- Jester
- MarcosZeitola
- Eurobrat

Thanks with the offer but I'm really too busy these days.
I elect Jester or Marco are probably better candidates than me anyways.
EuroBrat is perfect as mod for the Expat forum.

MarcoZeitola should be over the rest of HA.

Make those changes, Winston, and give them some latitude, leeway, authority, to bring in fresh energy. Roosh created a Napoleon Hill style "brain trust" or "master mind" over at ROK. Go and do likewise.

Otherwise this place will continue to decline.