Nicknames for certain cities

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to North America. For those looking to relocate within the US or Canada, discuss your experiences and pros/cons of each domestic region.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Nicknames for certain cities

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I bet a lot of you have heard that some cities in America get certain nicknames because of the skewed male to female ratio. For instance, I've heard people calling Denver "Menver" and San Jose is nicknamed "Man Jose". Many cities in California have more men than women because of high-tech and engineering jobs, and I even saw an excerpt of a local news broadcast with a report about San Jose being Man Jose; locals called Mission Ale House the "Mission Male House" because there were so many men.

So basically speaking, California is an all-man state with a shortage of women to go around; this is why I call San Diego "Man Diego", Los Angeles "Los Mangeles", San Franciso I call "Man Francisco", and I would even call the whole state of California "Maleifornia" or "Calichina" due to the overabundance of men.

Also, while single men outnumber single women on average in the country, there are regions where there's more single women.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Makes good sense.

So...

any ideas for Californians reading this?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Don't forget Seattle and the entire pacific northwest. I just read an article last month that Seattle has something like 6 single men for every 4 single women! :shock:

No wonder why Winston could not meet any women when he was living in Seattle.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Atlanta = A.T.L. (its actual nickname) = Gay T.L. = Gay Thugs and Lesbians = Atlanta has the biggest Black American gay population in the USA

Speaking of the USA, USA = the US of A = the US of Gay (due to the advent of gays having more rights than most men in America, dysfunctional dating scene, contraDICKting puritanism, etc.)

Charlotte = Harlotte (a lot of strippers in that city) = Queen City (its actual nickname) = Queer City (a lot of gay Black men there; I was hit on like there was no tomorrow when I used to live there for two years - I couldn't wait to get out!). Queen, in the Black American community, is another word for a sassy Black woman or a sassy gay Black man.

Binghamton, NY = Flinghamton = SUNY Binghamton a State University = a lot of fickle frivolous dating among the sexes...no serious relationships in that mini-city.

Whorlando = a lot of s.lutty Boricua Puerto Rican and Dominican women (via Americanization)

Cry-ami = Miami, FLA = Makes you want to cry because a lot of the women with onion booties there that make you cry but you cannot get most of them as they are highly self-entitled lol

Trampa, Florida = Tampa, FLA (self explanatory) - PS: TRAMPa is spanish for trick/cheat so like Snoop Dogg said, there are a lot of tricks and cheating women out there in Tampa, Florida so n*****s watch out!

Callous Dallous, Texas = Dallas, Texas = because it is a callous city because nobody has any care for anybody else and are mean to everybody but their own clique.

Highland Park Village section of Dallas, Texas = like its initials (HPV) = there are women in Callous Dallas with it.

Tex-A.S.S. = Texas lol

*****list con't*****
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Atlanta = A.T.L. (its actual nickname) = Gay T.L. = Gay Thugs and Lesbians = Atlanta has the biggest Black American gay population in the USA

Speaking of the USA, USA = the US of A = the US of Gay (due to the advent of gays having more rights than most men in America, dysfunctional dating scene, contraDICKting puritanism, etc.)

Charlotte = Harlotte (a lot of strippers in that city) = Queen City (its actual nickname) = Queer City (a lot of gay Black men there; I was hit on like there was no tomorrow when I used to live there for two years - I couldn't wait to get out!). Queen, in the Black American community, is another word for a sassy Black woman or a sassy gay Black man.

Binghamton, NY = Flinghamton = SUNY Binghamton a State University = a lot of fickle frivolous dating among the sexes...no serious relationships in that mini-city.

Whorlando = a lot of s.lutty Boricua Puerto Rican and Dominican women (via Americanization)

Cry-ami = Miami, FLA = Makes you want to cry because a lot of the women with onion booties there that make you cry but you cannot get most of them as they are highly self-entitled lol

Trampa, Florida = Tampa, FLA (self explanatory) - PS: TRAMPa is spanish for trick/cheat so like Snoop Dogg said, there are a lot of tricks and cheating women out there in Tampa, Florida so n*****s watch out!

Callous Dallous, Texas = Dallas, Texas = because it is a callous city because nobody has any care for anybody else and are mean to everybody but their own clique.

Highland Park Village section of Dallas, Texas = like its initials (HPV) = there are women in Callous Dallas with it.

Tex-A.S.S. = Texas lol

*****list con't*****
Los Hellamos, New Mexico = Los Alamos, New Mexico = a boring small town in the sticks with nothing to do, people are reserved so it's harder to meet people than in Albuquerque, all middle-aged and old people, almost no hot girls, literally NO single women, and more men than women live there because of Los Alamos National Laboratory
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

MattHanson1990 wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:Atlanta = A.T.L. (its actual nickname) = Gay T.L. = Gay Thugs and Lesbians = Atlanta has the biggest Black American gay population in the USA

Tex-A.S.S. = Texas lol

*****list con't*****
Los Hellamos, New Mexico = Los Alamos, New Mexico = a boring small town in the sticks with nothing to do, people are reserved so it's harder to meet people than in Albuquerque, all middle-aged and old people, almost no hot girls, literally NO single women, and more men than women live there because of Los Alamos National Laboratory
Would Al-BOR-Quirky be a good name for Albuquerque?
jullypham
Freshman Poster

Re: Nicknames for certain cities

Post by jullypham »

Beautifull Girls all, veru nice!! :)
My faverous album: ket qua bong da
My music style: vaobong
Learn to know more: 1gom
stevenhoang
Freshman Poster

Post by stevenhoang »

HoChiMinh City: Uncle Ho, VietNam President
Enjoy your life: listen Xoc Dia, W88 Albums and play 166BET
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

stevenhoang wrote:HoChiMinh City: Uncle Ho, VietNam President
Dude, we are talking about US cities that we give deliberate nicknames to!
The taxi is waiting for you outside. The driver will take you anywhere you need to go but here.
#TeamSotoNation LOL
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

I guess they should rename this country the United States of AMANrica!
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

suprmon wrote:I guess they should rename this country the United States of AMANrica!
Either that or they should rename this country:

- The United States of China
- The United States of Americhina

Millennial men have it JUST as bad as Chinese men because they can't afford to go overseas and will likely stay stuck in America and China respectively.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

MattHanson1990 wrote:
suprmon wrote:I guess they should rename this country the United States of AMANrica!
Either that or they should rename this country:

- The United States of China
- The United States of Americhina

Millennial men have it JUST as bad as Chinese men because they can't afford to go overseas and will likely stay stuck in America and China respectively.
Actually, calling it the U.S. of Gay nips it in the bud like the American metrosexuals say.