Welcome to our new forum! Here are some new features.

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to our new forum! Here are some new features.

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Wait here's a better one with modern rounded corners

What? It doesn't show the whole "Happier Abroad", only some of the letters. That would look strange. Why not just use that image and put "HA" in it if the two words can't fit? Or just have "HA" and a globe somewhere around it?
What are you talking about, it has the whole introduction to the forum. To a new forum member this will peak interests. I'm a world class marketeer who has had several decent jobs in different countries, I know what I'm talking about.
Ok we can try it. I wonder if anyone will complain though. lol

Why not just have a logo with just an H and A in it and maybe a globe behind it?
Ok I put it up there. But it looks tacky. You can't even see the yellow subtitle. Why not just have the words "life and love overseas" in yellow with some image behind it? Even that would be better. Or just a simple HA logo with a globe behind it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:Wait here's a better one with modern rounded corners

What? It doesn't show the whole "Happier Abroad", only some of the letters. That would look strange. Why not just use that image and put "HA" in it if the two words can't fit? Or just have "HA" and a globe somewhere around it?
What are you talking about, it has the whole introduction to the forum. To a new forum member this will peak interests. I'm a world class marketeer who has had several decent jobs in different countries, I know what I'm talking about.
Ok we can try it. I wonder if anyone will complain though. lol

Why not just have a logo with just an H and A in it and maybe a globe behind it?
Ok I put it up there. But it looks tacky. You can't even see the yellow subtitle. Why not just have the words "life and love overseas" in yellow with some image behind it? Even that would be better. Or just a simple HA logo with a globe behind it?
Oh shit I thought you were going to replace the whole blue box with what I made. You didn't tell me it was that small.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

N/A
Last edited by eurobrat on October 19th, 2014, 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote: Oh shit I thought you were going to replace the whole blue box with what I made. You didn't tell me it was that small.
What do you mean? What you put together was a small square of the original banner. It could not have replaced the whole long blue header at the top. What did you think was the logo?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote: Oh shit I thought you were going to replace the whole blue box with what I made. You didn't tell me it was that small.
What do you mean? What you put together was a small square of the original banner. It could not have replaced the whole long blue header at the top. What did you think was the logo?
then just use that new one with the HA and the globe
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:Image
What is this image supposed to be? It's not showing.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:

Actually wait, use this one

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Winston wrote:New subforum feature:

Just to let you all know, we can create subforums in this forum now. They would be forums under the boards we have now. Not sure if they are necessary though. But it's something to keep in mind.
Not to purposely be an inhibitor, but are you sure you want to give EVERY POSTER rights to create their own subforum? Am I understanding this correctly?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:

Actually wait, use this one

I don't see anything but a broken image. When I try to open your image in a new tab, it says "Forbidden". That site hosting it must be blocking Taiwan.

Can you get it to me another way? I can enable uploads in PM's for a while if you want to send it as an attachment.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
Winston wrote:New subforum feature:

Just to let you all know, we can create subforums in this forum now. They would be forums under the boards we have now. Not sure if they are necessary though. But it's something to keep in mind.
Not to purposely be an inhibitor, but are you sure you want to give EVERY POSTER rights to create their own subforum? Am I understanding this correctly?
No of course not. I was speaking figuratively when I said "we". I meant that I could create subforums here, if enough people wanted them. You are funny. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

Alright I've changed the background color of the posts and of the forum list index to the same color it was on the old forum.

How does it look now? Better?

Note: If you don't see the new background colors yet, press Control-Shift-R or Control-F5 to refresh your browser cache so you can see it.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Important feature:

You should all know this, but in case some of you don't know, the "View Your Posts" link at the top takes you to a page where you can check responses to all your posts. It should be one of the first pages you go to when you come to the forum.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Some new features to note:

- If you receive spam via PM, you can report the PM by clicking on the exclamation mark button in the top right corner of the PM you receive.

- If you are composing a post or PM and don't have time to finish it, you can save it as a draft by clicking the "Save as Draft" button next to the Submit button.

- The default view in the forum on topic pages is set at 15 posts per page. If you want to view more or less posts per page, you can change that in your User Control Panel settings, under "board preferences". Your UCP is linked at the top in the header section.

To moderators:

If you see a red exclamation mark next to a topic title in a forum list, it means that someone has reported a post in that thread. Click on the red exclamation mark to view the report. From there, you can close it or issue a warning to the offending poster by clicking on his/her username.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:Some new features to note:

- If you receive spam via PM, you can report the PM by clicking on the exclamation mark button in the top right corner of the PM you receive.

- If you are composing a post or PM and don't have time to finish it, you can save it as a draft by clicking the "Save as Draft" button next to the Submit button.

- The default view in the forum on topic pages is set at 15 posts per page. If you want to view more or less posts per page, you can change that in your User Control Panel settings, under "board preferences". Your UCP is linked at the top in the header section.

To moderators:

If you see a red exclamation mark next to a topic title in a forum list, it means that someone has reported a post in that thread. Click on the red exclamation mark to view the report. From there, you can close it or issue a warning to the offending poster by clicking on his/her username.
Add the logo I made.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote: Add the logo I made.
I already told you, I can't see the logo you made. It shows up as a broken image. The site it's hosted on must have blocked Taiwan. Send it to me directly as an attachment by PM. PM me and I'll enable attachments for you.