Do people judge you when you feel depressed?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Do people judge you when you feel depressed?

Post by Temprano26 »

When you have been depressed for a long time do people just tell you not to be instead of looking deeper and understanding why you are suffering from depression? Do people attribute your depression to having a bad attitude instead of any number of factors that led up to it? And isn't it often people that are successful who have jobs and are married that are the most judgmental? Their life is going great so nobody else has a right to be unhappy.

One thing I know is that I did not wake up one morning and decide to be depressed. It happened over a matter of years and living in a toxic business culture where relationships were not going to happen because standard of living is a far gap away from quality of life.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Yes, absolutely they judge me. They just say "Cheer up" or "you have to stop being so negative". You're just never allowed to be sad, no matter what your circumstances are. One of the sick things about our society that I want to escape.
buddy77
Freshman Poster

A better question is

Post by buddy77 »

...have you already seen a professional and been diagnosed with depression? If not what's stopping you from doing so?

A psychiatrist prescribing anti-depressants, and a therapists to have your thoughts sorted out might help. Its not the end all guarantee. But at least you should TRY to find help.

Alternatively, you could look into natural remedies for depression (if you don't want to see professional).

You can also try to talk out your problems with someone you trust. They might offer a different perpective to your situation/problems.

You just need to take that first step and try to find help.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

I used to see a therapist that would let me rant every week and I used to take anti-depressants. When I went to Costa Rica I didn't have to take pills anymore because Costa Rica has real solutions unlike the US which is the whole theme of Happier Abroad.

I am doing well now but before Costa Rica I found that much of my depression was a result of this awful business culture where relationships never happen. Going to Costa Rica made a HUGE difference and so did massage therapy school.
bladed11
Freshman Poster

Re: A better question is

Post by bladed11 »

buddy77 wrote:...have you already seen a professional and been diagnosed with depression? If not what's stopping you from doing so?

A psychiatrist prescribing anti-depressants, and a therapists to have your thoughts sorted out might help. Its not the end all guarantee. But at least you should TRY to find help.

Alternatively, you could look into natural remedies for depression (if you don't want to see professional).

You can also try to talk out your problems with someone you trust. They might offer a different perpective to your situation/problems.

You just need to take that first step and try to find help.
I would never go the medical route. I tried it and it made me worse than before. Biggest regret of my life.