Who needs to be banned from this forum?

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Anthropolonerd wrote:
davewe wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Maybe Winston should be banned for trolling us with tales of how abroad is so good when in reality he's sitting in a nice house in Vegas watching American Idol and eating potato chips.
+1
+2

also LOL
Yeah right. I've never even seen that show, and I rarely eat chips. I only watch fascinating documentaries about ancient history, military battles, and great historic figures. I also watch documentaries about deep topics like Through the Wormhole and Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. These past few weeks I've seen more documentaries than you can count.

I think I'm obsessed with the ancient past because I've had many lives there and am an old soul. Probably many of us are too, which is why we don't fit into an industrialized modern world. I have a theory about this which I'll start a thread on later.

I don't want to be here. But modern life is soooooooooo complicated, and I have to do lists that are f***ing ENDLESS and ENDLESS. Yet my time and energy are limited. How the hell do you guys handle that?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Repatriate wrote:Winston has expressed time and time again that he enjoys a free for all atmosphere where any two-bit troll can come in and post drivel. A lot of guys on here are obviously mentally damaged men living in a basement somewhere in bumfucksville,USA with no plans of ever going abroad. A lot of them are racist psychopaths and other degenerates. However, I do agree the herd should be culled to keep up quality but i'm sure most will disagree with me.
I never said I like drivel. I prefer high quality posters who post deep truths and aren't afraid of taboos or political correctness. You know that.

Even if the herd should be culled, it's a tough decision on deciding who should be culled. There's no win-win situation that will appease everyone.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Well...like I mentioned in another thread: 50% want stricter moderating and more bans, while 50% want the forum to stay relatively open and free (which does invite all sorts of wackos to the forum).

So, either way, people will bitch one way or the other, and you'll never please either side. ...
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

There should be a separate board for all race threads. All racially-charged threads and any threads that devolve into racist arguments should be move there.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Mr Natural wrote:I don't know anything about this supposed racism stuff here, probably because I ignore it. Like any forum, I just read what I find interesting and skip the rest. If you don't like what someone says just skip over it, why waste your time? Or if you really can't let it go, then set them straight. But censorship isn't the way, you start down that road where you gonna stop?
My answer to who should be banned - NOBODY.
Ditto. 8)
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
:lol:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

zboy1 wrote:Well...like I mentioned in another thread: 50% want stricter moderating and more bans, while 50% want the forum to stay relatively open and free (which does invite all sorts of wackos to the forum).

So, either way, people will bitch one way or the other, and you'll never please either side. ...
Two quotes come to mind:

- If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

- Better to do nothing, than to make the wrong decision.

Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Winston wrote:
Anthropolonerd wrote:
davewe wrote:
xiongmao wrote:Maybe Winston should be banned for trolling us with tales of how abroad is so good when in reality he's sitting in a nice house in Vegas watching American Idol and eating potato chips.
+1
+2

also LOL
Yeah right. I've never even seen that show, and I rarely eat chips. I only watch fascinating documentaries about ancient history, military battles, and great historic figures. I also watch documentaries about deep topics like Through the Wormhole and Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. These past few weeks I've seen more documentaries than you can count.

I think I'm obsessed with the ancient past because I've had many lives there and am an old soul. Probably many of us are too, which is why we don't fit into an industrialized modern world. I have a theory about this which I'll start a thread on later.

I don't want to be here. But modern life is soooooooooo complicated, and I have to do lists that are f***ing ENDLESS and ENDLESS. Yet my time and energy are limited. How the hell do you guys handle that?
I hear you. I don´t work now for 2 years and still got so many todo lists. Like you I could not manage to make may second big trip abroad. But it´s a tough enough business to keep oneself happy. I have to follow my sports routines and I have to read a lot which I tell myself is my work somehow. The thing is one has to accept the gap. One can not do everything that´s why we have phantasie so we don´t have to experience everything because we can imagine so much.

I am now learning moderatly some thai and russian so things go their way slowly.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

As much as I lock horns with cornfed, I think he should stay. Same for primebait. While both may be rater traditional, I think we should respect their views, although perhaps it could be posted in the right forums.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

He'd better enjoy it while it lasts.
Soon enough, he's going to have more women feigning interest in him than he knows what to do with.
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

"Freedom of Speech" is a political right and it is not what is being debated here. You can call it the same thing but I think people are confused by the use of the term. "Freedom of speech? Well of course I am for it!"

What is happening here is that the owner and moderators have allowed the forum to run amok, specifically by tolerating and and all sorts of written abuse by nut job members directed toward other members. What this has resulted in is that members who actually have something to offer are turned off by the dogmatic-nothing-to-offer-except-my-strong-opinion crowd. So we still have cornfed and adhdDavid, while AiB is long gone.

As far as banning people, I really don't have an opinion. Winston owns the forum. He gets to decide. The very fact that there is a discussion, requests for opinions of who should be banned, and polls for who should be banned all point to the problem. It would never occur to me to have a debate online to determine who will be allowed to live in my house. Well, HA is Winston's house. He owns it. If it gains large traffic and makes money for him, then it benefits him. If it is a goofy little fiefdom with all kinds of flakes running around spouting insults, then it is still his place.

The stated focus of HA is Discover the Overseas Solution to Loneliness, Isolation, Datelessness, Insecurity and High Costs in America. What percentage of posts on HA have anything to do with that? 10%, maybe.

In the name of Freedom of Speech, Winston allows a group of pseudo intellectual misfits to run amok through what could be a meaningful and focused site. Go to the Roosh forum for an example of a focused forum. Maybe it is your thing, maybe it isn't. But what it is is focused. People know what it is about and they go there and share info. If you want to go there and spout about racial inferiority, or throw internet insults at another member then you are gone, very quickly. If it is your thing, then it is a place where you can go for a give and take of information.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 3rd, 2020, 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HenryGeorge
Freshman Poster

Post by HenryGeorge »

Doesn't this forum already have an ignore function? Besides, I don't think a difference of beliefs and views is a good reason to ban.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

zboy1 wrote:Well...like I mentioned in another thread: 50% want stricter moderating and more bans, while 50% want the forum to stay relatively open and free (which does invite all sorts of wackos to the forum).

What thread? This one shows viewtopic.php?t=22153 76% want no banning and 24% want banning.

By the way is Cornfed banned? When someone's banned does it say so on their profile?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1 wrote:
Mr Natural wrote:I don't know anything about this supposed racism stuff here, probably because I ignore it. Like any forum, I just read what I find interesting and skip the rest. If you don't like what someone says just skip over it, why waste your time? Or if you really can't let it go, then set them straight. But censorship isn't the way, you start down that road where you gonna stop?

I agree! But we sometimes get complaints about the forum, that I'm forced to do something, sometimes.

This is what I wrote in another thread:
Well..this isn't my idea to do all this! This forum gets so many whiners about how 'we should ban this person or that person' or 'the quality of the posts has gone down,' or 'we need to get rid of free speech to make the forum better' complaints that I get sick of it after a while, to be honest....
Wow, you act like you have nothing to do with it, that you were forced to ban these guys. Yet the latest results of poll you set-up (as if we should let mob sentiment control this forum) suggests 76% of voters are in favor of not banning them. So even if we follow your implication to let the majority decide, you are way off base in banning them.

So people are saying you banned these guys. Did you? If so, why are you being such a p***y and denying any responsibility for it? So you got some whiny PMs. Well so far, only 4 people have voted in favor of banning those guys so I would be surprised if you heard from more than 4 on that issue. If you can't stand being cried too sometimes without going trigger happy, what business do you have being a moderator here? You think Winston never gets such PMs or emails? At least he has the balls to stand-up for his principles (even when they go highly against consensus) while taking full public responsibility for actions he takes.

Since you seem to so favor the path of least resistance, why don't you instead just do a self-ban? Or at least don't assume responsibility of banning anyone beyond the obvious spammers. Leave that to someone who is not afraid to stand-up for his principles and take decisions based on such. Leave it to Winston please.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Rock wrote:
zboy1 wrote:

I agree! But we sometimes get complaints about the forum, that I'm forced to do something, sometimes.

This is what I wrote in another thread:
Well..this isn't my idea to do all this! This forum gets so many whiners about how 'we should ban this person or that person' or 'the quality of the posts has gone down,' or 'we need to get rid of free speech to make the forum better' complaints that I get sick of it after a while, to be honest....
Wow, you act like you have nothing to do with it, that you were forced to ban these guys. Yet the latest results of poll you set-up (as if we should let mob sentiment control this forum) suggests 76% of voters are in favor of not banning them. So even if we follow your implication to let the majority decide, you are way off base in banning them.

So people are saying you banned these guys. Did you? If so, why are you being such a p***y and denying any responsibility for it? So you got some whiny PMs. Well so far, only 4 people have voted in favor of banning those guys so I would be surprised if you heard from more than 4 on that issue. If you can't stand being cried too sometimes without going trigger happy, what business do you have being a moderator here? You think Winston never gets such PMs or emails? At least he has the balls to stand-up for his principles (even when they go highly against consensus) while taking full public responsibility for actions he takes.

Since you seem to so favor the path of least resistance, why don't you instead just do a self-ban? Or at least don't assume responsibility of banning anyone beyond the obvious spammers. Leave that to someone who is not afraid to stand-up for his principles and take decisions based on such. Leave it to Winston please.
I certainly got more than 4 pm messages about bannings, Rock. Also, the reason why some members are choosing not to vote for a ban is because they told me they won't return unless I banned certain people on this forum. These same members have now said they will return to the forum again.

Again, like I said before, you have Kai1275's, JP', TheAdventurer, Baoning, Deasil, Chilobo's, drealm and Contrarian Expatriate's on one side and the Rock's, Ghost, fschmidt, Rich, Renata's (and others) on the other side...sigh.

This is like a Civil War going on here, smh...No matter what decision I make, people will complain one way or the other. ...