Traveling Alone

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Traveling Alone

Post by Tsar »

I am greatly considering going on a short-vacation after I graduate college. I want to visit Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus over five days to see what the girls look like and see what place I think I would like best. The problem is I don't know the language so I wouldn't know how much that would impact me. I never traveled alone and I would be nervous. Is it worth it for me to take a trip just to see how the girls look in each country or would it be better spent planning a better vacation in just one country?

I am feeling very down lately because I just hate being in America. I hate always being lonely, having no friends, and being in a place where I don't belong. I don't belong in America and I never felt a sense of belonging in America. I'm completely miserable.

I keep seeing pictures of beautiful EE girls from Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus and I am wondering how common they are. I think one of the best ways I could get my answer is to go there so I will know what to expect in the future when I go back for a foreign bride.

Where would I go if I wanted to find a travel buddy? Are there any guides that could be hired for a day where they speak and read the language for me, and come along to help keep the travel process going smooth? Something I imagine when traveling is not knowing the language or knowing where to go because I can't read, getting lost or missing a flight, then having a major problem.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

I have no idea how much travel experience you have but I went to Europe and came to Asia alone. Not a big deal, just don't get trusting with someone you meet off the street.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:I have no idea how much travel experience you have but I went to Europe and came to Asia alone. Not a big deal, just don't get trusting with someone you meet off the street.
I have almost no travel experience.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I know that gorgeous women in the Ukraine aren't all that common, in spite of what Anastasiaweb led me to believe. I wouldn't go over there expecting to find a land of supermodels.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Hero wrote:I know that gorgeous women in the Ukraine aren't all that common, in spite of what Anastasiaweb led me to believe. I wouldn't go over there expecting to find a land of supermodels.
I know that they are never a majority but are there at least 10% of girls in EE that look like the two I mention in this thread below?

viewtopic.php?t=21202&highlight=

In America the girls I mentioned would be less than 0.5% of the population in America. In general EE has more above attractive women relative to other white countries.
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Uhmmm. I don't know about travel buddies either. I don't know how wise it would be to go over to Eastern Europe alone in all honesty. I do know that I plan on going to Mexico eventually, and need someone, but I am not sure about travel buddies either.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Tsar wrote: I know that they are never a majority but are there at least 10% of girls in EE that look like the two I mention in this thread below?

viewtopic.php?t=21202&highlight=

In America the girls I mentioned would be less than 0.5% of the population in America. In general EE has more above attractive women relative to other white countries.
Well, I don't know the exact percentage, but yes, there are many more attractive women in the Ukraine than in the USA. But unlike women in the Philippines, a Ukrainian woman isn't going to jump on your dick just because you're a nice American man. Plus, there's the language barrier to consider.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

zacb wrote:Uhmmm. I don't know about travel buddies either. I don't know how wise it would be to go over to Eastern Europe alone in all honesty. I do know that I plan on going to Mexico eventually, and need someone, but I am not sure about travel buddies either.
For my upcoming trip to the Dominican Republic, I just found a bunch of travel buddies using dating websites. Plenty of women there jumped at the chance to be my tour guide :D
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Five days for three countries is nowhere near long enough for what you want to do. Go to one country, believe me. Five days isn't even enough to travel all the way to Russia but if that's all you have, then I would do it. Personally I think you need at least a week per country, preferably longer.

Honestly, I think it's a mistake for Tsar to travel alone in his depressed condition. Find a travel buddy. Go on Couchsurfing or one of those sites and see what you can find. Or find someone from this site. At least on Couchsurfing there are reputations with the profiles. Also, on this site at least you have somewhat of an idea of who people are. That is, if you can find someone from this site. Seems like there are a lot of people who want to move abroad but not many who do it.

I am not one who thinks traveling for women is the answer, unless perhaps you're traveling to a place with plenty of P4P. There are beautiful women everywhere, you just need to change your mindset. What happens if you fly all the way over to Russia and don't meet any women and don't get laid? Then what?

In any case, if you plan on traveling, go to one of the countries. Hang out, have fun without women. If you meet one, great. Otherwise, check them out, make attempts to talk with them and get to know the people, see how the women interact and what their personalities are like.

Personally, if I were you, I'd try Latvia. Lots of fantastic looking women there.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Ukraine is not an easy place for a first time traveler. I was pretty experienced when I went there and the place was difficult for me. In Kiev, outside of touristy destinations, most people do not speak English. A street vendor and I had one hell of a time every morning trying to understand one another. Water, aqua, agua, H2O, nothing conveyed my need of water as she offered me beers, colas, and cigarettes in an attempt to understand me. The signs are all in cyrillic, so you can't even tell where you are if you have an English map because the signs are all in a different language. There were skinheads everywhere protesting the Euro 2012 project that would get hostile when they realized I was American. You're required to carry your passport as well, which means that you are a target- once they hear english, they know you've got an item worth hundreds of dollars to them if fenced.

I liked it there, but it was the only country that I felt somewhat unwelcome in during my travels. It was also the only one where anything illegal happened to me- at some point my debit card was skimmed and a copy showed up in circulation months later trying to take money from my account.

Also, 5 days is too short for a first time traveler to get their bearings. I would recommend at least a week to 10 days in your first destination to get your feet wet. It is a serious shock to the system when you aren't off on vacation at some resort, it takes time for your brain to adjust to the fact that everything and every rule you took for granted is now meaningless. After that first one, it is a bit easier to adjust to the next country and so on. I'd plan on at least a month abroad- remember, the plane ticket is the most expensive part. An additional week in eastern Europe might run you $250-300, while the plane ticket will be northward of $1,000.

I always travel alone, generally staying in hostels to make a few friends. It's the best way to travel. Groups seem to mostly stick with each other and thus seem to make less friends and meet less interesting people.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

I went to Ukraine alone and didn't have travel experience. And I had a blast. But I was also older than you are now and also looked very intimidating and something about that made the local population really take to me. As for the women, if you go clubbing, its likely that the women will in fact jump your bones. I had them all over me and didnt even go clubbing. But don't go clubbing alone. When I was there, the interpreter's boyfriend invited me to go with them to clubs. Even I probably would not go alone. And date as many women you can while there. I sense you have a different than average personality type and because of this you'll be incompatible with the majority of girls, as am I.

I wish I was still into Eastern European women, I'd go with you. I'm into the Philippines now. :) I'd say the only thing I didn't like that made me feel uneasy about traveling alone was I had never flown before and had to quickly make sure I knew how to catch flights, you know, read the flight boards and be at the right terminal and such.

I had a blast just getting the hell out of this motherf***er. . . It's like there was a fire lit under my ass because I knew life in the USA was a waist of my youth. So thats what drove me on so hard. Just be thinking of that statement when that plane is accelerating down the runway. . . You'll be alright then.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

jtest28 wrote:I went to Ukraine alone and didn't have travel experience. And I had a blast. But I was also older than you are now and also looked very intimidating and something about that made the local population really take to me. As for the women, if you go clubbing, its likely that the women will in fact jump your bones. I had them all over me and dint even go clubbing. But don't go clubbing alone. When I was there, the interpreter's boyfriend invited me to go with them to clubs. Even I probably would not go alone. And date as many women you can while there. I sense you have a different than average personality type and because of this you'll be incompatible with the majority of girls, as am I.

I wish I was still into Eastern European women, I'd go with you. I'm into the Philippines now. :) I'd say the only thing I didn't like that made me feel uneasy about traveling alone was I had never flown before and had to quickly make sure I knew how to catch flights, you know, read the flight boards and be at the right terminal and such.

I had a blast just getting the hell out of this motherf***er. . . It's like there was a fire lit under my a** because I knew life in the USA was a waist of my youth. So thats what drove me on so hard. Just be thinking of that statement when that plane is accelerating down the runway. . . You'll be alright then.
Muscular physiques work very well in Ukraine. They like manly men, plus you won't be f**k ed with.

I don't want to make it sound like Ukraine was bad. I met two great women while I was there, one of whom was the type I could see myself with long term (a cute Ukrainian hippy). It's just I don't know if it's the best place for most first timers. Poland, smaller cities in CZ, and parts of Hungary are much more first timer friendly.

And make sure you learn the Cyrillic alphabet before you go! Seeing a drugstore become a chemist become an apteka become a a-delta-wtf ever made things confusing. But if you learn the cyrillic, a lot of the words are very similar to polish and it makes navigating country to country much easier.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 14th, 2020, 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Traveling alone is great. It gives you more freedom to do what you want without consulting with another. Also, when you meet a girl and you are with a buddy, the buddy will get impatient and try to spoil it with the girl. It's happened to me a number of time, where a buddy ruins things.

The best way is to mix it up. Travel alone but occasionally have a companion for a while to do things together. And then part ways later.

Otherwise, to travel with someone constantly, you'd have to find someone you really get along with who won't mess things up for you.

There are many websites for you to find travel buddies, but you would be meeting strangers whom might not share your views.

You can probably find travel buddies on Couchsurfing groups or Lonely Planet's website.

If you stay in hostels, you will meet lots of nice people whom you can go out and explore the town together.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:I am not one who thinks traveling for women is the answer, unless perhaps you're traveling to a place with plenty of P4P. There are beautiful women everywhere, you just need to change your mindset. What happens if you fly all the way over to Russia and don't meet any women and don't get laid? Then what?
I don't want to be laid. I am waiting until I'm married or I find an exceptional girl I would marry. I was thinking of going to experience the cultures and see the quality of the girls on a first trip, not to find a good girl for a girlfriend. I know I'm very unique because I have a strong willpower and a strict view on the virtue purity.

I was thinking of visiting mainly major cities and maybe a few smaller cities or towns to see what everything is like.