What do you guys think about this article about nice guys?

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
ntm1972
Freshman Poster

Post by ntm1972 »

Rayn wrote:Guh....why do guys always overcomplicate trying to find an explanation about why nice guys are rejected? The reason is so darned simply really. Its because they are UGLY

The jerks can get away with what they do because they have the looks and the peen. The girls can bitch and moan but there's nothing really they could do about it. Would they risk letting Mr.Stud off to f**k someone else or just bare with his asshole behavior? I think the choice is obvious.
I'm assuming this comment was made tongue-in-cheek, because there are plenty of exceptions to what you wrote; at the risk of being immodest, I'm one of those exceptions. A guy can have the attributes you mention, yet also possess a reliable moral compass.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ntm1972 wrote:
Rayn wrote:Guh....why do guys always overcomplicate trying to find an explanation about why nice guys are rejected? The reason is so darned simply really. Its because they are UGLY

The jerks can get away with what they do because they have the looks and the peen. The girls can bitch and moan but there's nothing really they could do about it. Would they risk letting Mr.Stud off to f**k someone else or just bare with his asshole behavior? I think the choice is obvious.
I'm assuming this comment was made tongue-in-cheek, because there are plenty of exceptions to what you wrote; at the risk of being immodest, I'm one of those exceptions. A guy can have the attributes you mention, yet also possess a reliable moral compass.
Yeah, same here...I've been told I'm above-average looking for an Asian man--and I'm not a jerk at all. In fact, I'm the polar opposite. I guess it was the way I was raised, and my Christian beliefs, I guess...

But being a nice guy is difficult in this world, since there are so many jerks and a-holes in the world. I mean...let's face it, there's a reason why most successful people and alpha males are complete jerks, and not nice guys at all...It's the jerks who control the world, not the nice guys unfortunately...