Is it wrong to dislike Americans due to experiences?

Ask questions and get advice. Disclaimer: Any advice you take here is at your own risk. We are not liable for any consequences you might incur from following advice here. Note: Before posting your question, do a search for it in the Google Search box at the top to see if it's been addressed.
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Is it wrong to dislike Americans due to experiences?

Post by lovelybunny »

I mean, they say do NOT generalize or that not everyone is bad, but in my experience working with and being around Americans, I find that many of them(esp. from more cosmopolitan states in the north) tend to be cold, backstabbing and rude. Go work with Americans and you'll see how many of them smile but still plunge a knife in your back so fast). They are NOT to be trusted. GO work with someone and there, you ill see their TRUE COLOURS. If they're not selling anything to you or what not, they will NOT be friendly to you. Like, I once went to a cosmetics store and everyone was kind to me when I bought some things. But the following week, when I went again but di NOT find ANYTHING worth buying, they all acted irritated or were disrespectful. Seriously, no joke. American politeness and hospitality seems to be only when money or personal gains are involved. Thus, I'm NOT fond of Americans. And it's not forget their obsession with guns as well as their obsession with repeating how 'great USA is.' I'm NOT fond of Americans overall. If someone's nice individually, of course I'll be friends with them, American or not, but overall, as people, Americans are NOT people whom I like much. Am I alone here?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it wrong to dislike Americans due to experiences?

Post by jamesbond »

lovelybunny wrote:I mean, they say do NOT generalize or that not everyone is bad, but in my experience working with and being around Americans, I find that many of them(esp. from more cosmopolitan states in the north) tend to be cold, backstabbing and rude. Go work with Americans and you'll see how many of them smile but still plunge a knife in your back so fast). They are NOT to be trusted. GO work with someone and there, you ill see their TRUE COLOURS. If they're not selling anything to you or what not, they will NOT be friendly to you. Like, I once went to a cosmetics store and everyone was kind to me when I bought some things. But the following week, when I went again but di NOT find ANYTHING worth buying, they all acted irritated or were disrespectful. Seriously, no joke. American politeness and hospitality seems to be only when money or personal gains are involved. Thus, I'm NOT fond of Americans. And it's not forget their obsession with guns as well as their obsession with repeating how 'great USA is.' I'm NOT fond of Americans overall. If someone's nice individually, of course I'll be friends with them, American or not, but overall, as people, Americans are NOT people whom I like much. Am I alone here?
Hi Winston, interesting question you asked. Now if you only admit that your the person behind the screen name of "lovelybunny." :D

Zboy1 want's all your posts to go under ONE heading that he started. Just look for zboy1's thread asking "lovelybunny" (aka Winston) to start putting all your posts in one thread.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The main things in America that stand in the way of everything social are these:

1) the philosophy of individualism- not conducive to friendship but at the same time, it means that people won't come and bug you if you don't want them to.
2) backstabbing- I did not see Americans do that so much. Most just don't care about you. But because friendship is not strong, they can just not stick up for you. But again, not all. Many would.
3) People really have no time for anything except individual ambitions. There' very little time for impractical things.
It's wrong to dislike nationalities, but it's OK to disagree with cultural patterns.

Why are you in the US anyway?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

ladislav wrote:The main things in America that stand in the way of everything social are these:

1) the philosophy of individualism- not conducive to friendship but at the same time, it means that people won't come and bug you if you don't want them to.
2) backstabbing- I did not see Americans do that so much. Most just don't care about you. But because friendship is not strong, they can just not stick up for you. But again, not all. Many would.
3) People really have no time for anything except individual ambitions. There' very little time for impractical things.
It's wrong to dislike nationalities, but it's OK to disagree with cultural patterns.

It was my dad's decision to come here. So I'm here but plan to move out one day It's a tough thing, but I must try it. If America's so into individualism, why do Americans put down people who like going to the restaurant movies or such outings alone, and look down on others who go against the common trend of working till death like a slave just to feed the greedy CEOs?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

You're going through a culture shock. There's no " why"; there is just a "what". It's just the way it is.

In other cultures they look down on people for other reasons. So, you find a culture where you will fit in more. There's no reason to waste time wondering "why". Once you accept that this is how things are, and learn to capitalize on good points, you will like it more.

Just combine it with other cultures. I do it all the time.

Google: Five Flags Theory.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
lovelybunny
Freshman Poster

Post by lovelybunny »

ladislav wrote:You're going through a culture shock. There's no " why"; there is just a "what". It's just the way it is.

In other cultures they look down on people for other reasons. So, you find a culture where you will fit in more. There's no reason to waste time wondering "why". Once you accept that this is how things are, and learn to capitalize on good points, you will like it more.

Just combine it with other cultures. I do it all the time.

Google: Five Flags Theory.

I guess you're right. There's no other way... Nowhere's perfect, but the US is EXTREME in terms of this nonsense... I have got to get away...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

lovelybunny wrote:
ladislav wrote:The main things in America that stand in the way of everything social are these:

It was my dad's decision to come here. So I'm here but plan to move out one day It's a tough thing, but I must try it. If America's so into individualism, why do Americans put down people who like going to the restaurant movies or such outings alone, and look down on others who go against the common trend of working till death like a slave just to feed the greedy CEOs?
Interesting question. Americans are individualistic, but they are also judgmental, and often hypocritical. They are brainwashed, not independent thinkers. So in that sense, they think they are free, but are very mind controlled into conformity. Why don't you ask your dad these questions? Why did he come here?

Jamesbond is probably right. Maybe it's best that you put all your many questions into one thread, such as "Lovelybunny's questions about America" or something. See if Zboy1 already started one for you.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Jamesbond is probably right. Maybe it's best that you put all your many questions into one thread, such as "Lovelybunny's questions about America" or something. See if Zboy1 already started one for you.
Yeah! Then we can all ignore that particular thread...so much easier all around.

I have just one question to ask "lovelybunny"...why do you claim to be a woman when you sound nothing like a woman? You seem to have the mentality of a man (or a boy, but don't get me started on that one).
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

ryanx wrote: I have just one question to ask "lovelybunny"...why do you claim to be a woman when you sound nothing like a woman? You seem to have the mentality of a man (or a boy, but don't get me started on that one).
That's because "lovelybunny" is not a woman, it's Winston posing as a woman.

The questions she is asking are the same kinds of questions that Winston has asked over the past few years. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Winston is just trying to get more hits to his site and there is nothing wrong with that.

Come on Winston, come clean and admit that you are "lovelybunny" we won't hold it against you! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

ryanx wrote:
Yeah! Then we can all ignore that particular thread...so much easier all around.

I have just one question to ask "lovelybunny"...why do you claim to be a woman when you sound nothing like a woman? You seem to have the mentality of a man (or a boy, but don't get me started on that one).
I wondered the same thing. I've known many females and males, and NO FEMALE has ever asked hypothetical questions about the US military vs. the Russian military, etc. Only geeky weird guys ask questions like that. Women do not wonder about those things and they are not interested in military/war scenarios. That's not the kind of thing that chicks think about.

Since "she" says she's open to meeting new friends, why don't one of you PM her and try to chat on webcam with her on Skype? lol
jamesbond wrote: That's because "lovelybunny" is not a woman, it's Winston posing as a woman.

The questions she is asking are the same kinds of questions that Winston has asked over the past few years. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Winston is just trying to get more hits to his site and there is nothing wrong with that.

Come on Winston, come clean and admit that you are "lovelybunny" we won't hold it against you!
Come on. Don't insult me. Lovelybunny's writing style is nothing like mine. "She" makes too many spelling errors too. Look at my posts and hers and compare. No one can completely camouflage their writing style. It reflects their individual brain wave patterns.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ryanx
Freshman Poster

Post by ryanx »

Come on. Don't insult me. Lovelybunny's writing style is nothing like mine. "She" makes too many spelling errors too. Look at my posts and hers and compare. No one can completely camouflage their writing style. It reflects their individual brain wave patterns.
I tend to agree with Winston on this one. I looked for sentence patterns, little psychological telltale signs etc but couldn't find any, so right now Winston is not a prime suspect. lol.

Spelling errors on 'her' part seem to be deliberate...almost manufactured. The tone of her writing is stiff and labored.

Her hook-in was to ask a question about foreign men but very soon after it became all about conspiracy theories and endless open-ended questions...to be honest with you this HA forum now only serves as entertainment for me to see how many weirdos, trolls and imposters I can spot.

I have been reading the RooshV forums more and more. A tightly controlled ship that is more sleek and professional covering a wide variety of subjects and a lot of intelligent contributions but no censorship or political correctness either. Sorry Winston.