New movie trailers worth checking out

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
Winston
Site Admin

New movie trailers worth checking out

Post by Winston »

Here are trailer scenes from the new Star Trek movie.

So far, it looks like a total action flick, not the stuff legends are made of. Star Trek was special because of its characters and the unique chemistry they had with each other, as well as their charisma and the way they felt like family after a while when you got to know them. This show doesn't seem like it will have that. But I hope I'm wrong.
Last edited by Winston on January 19th, 2013, 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Trailer for new Star Trek film: Star Trek Into Darkness

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this trailer for "Life of Pi". The reviews on it are stellar. Everyone says it's a must see.

Synopsis:

Director Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon) creates a groundbreaking movie event about a young man who survives a tragic disaster at sea and is hurtled into an epic journey of adventure and discovery. While marooned on a lifeboat, he forms an amazing and unexpected connection with the ship's only other survivor -- a fearsome Bengal tiger.

Official Site: http://lifeofpimovie.com

Trailer:

Trailer 2:

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston have you seen Django Unchained?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

pete98146 wrote:Winston have you seen Django Unchained?
No. Why? If it's worth seeing, post the trailer for it.

pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:
Off the charts good!

Here you go.....

I think this movie will go down in the Top 25 Films ever made.

P.S. not good at posting links or pics yet.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

pete98146 wrote:
Winston wrote:
Off the charts good!

Here you go.....

Just saw it today in Paris. It is worth seeing, but a bit disturbing in its gratuitous violence and over-the-top historical stereotypes.

The cleverness of the movie was that it was comedic, sad, shocking, exciting, and loosely historical all at the same time. That, to me, makes the movie. There is an all-star cast too.

If you hate white people, you should not see it however. You will hate them more afterwards.
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:If you hate white people, you should not see it however. You will hate them more afterwards.
What about if you hate Jewish people? Will watching this film make me hate them even more? (Oh wait, I already know the answer to that).

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Disillusioned_American wrote:
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:If you hate white people, you should not see it however. You will hate them more afterwards.
What about if you hate Jewish people? Will watching this film make me hate them even more? (Oh wait, I already know the answer to that).

That Farrakhan is a real Debbie Downer. I got to the 3:00 spot and just had to cut it off!
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

pete98146 wrote:
Winston wrote:
Off the charts good!

Here you go.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5sks1-EGfw

Shame I hate Westerns...I might make an exception and see it...
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Post by Disillusioned_American »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:

That Farrakhan is a real Debbie Downer. I got to the 3:00 spot and just had to cut it off!
I am such a weirdo. I used to play Farrakhan's material at my [white] friends' houses on youtube when we'd all be sitting around, drinking beers and getting stoned. We would all get a good laugh, but I think I was the only one who actually took the guy's message seriously. I nearly memorized this entire speech about three years ago:

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Watched all the second video and large parts of the first, including his critique of Django. Sounded well-reasoned to me.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Wow, I knew who Farrakhan was, but I never heard him speak. Watching more of his videos now. Powerful stuff.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Anyone watch the Notebook?

Really good movie! The women actually chooses the poor humble guy over the rich handsome guy in this movie, even though this rarely happens with most American women nowadays. And the ending is really sad, but lovely at the same time.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Saw Silver Linings Playbook this weekend. Great film, though casting Jennifer Lawrence is a bit odd. One of the few films Chris Tucker is in.