Paraguayan Passport - 2020 update (Andrew Henderson)

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Paraguayan Passport - 2020 update (Andrew Henderson)

Post by yick »

It looks like they're tightening up according to Andrew Henderson (Nomad Capitalist)

https://nomadcapitalist.com/2017/01/30/ ... ency-2020/

Why? Well, it is the same reason why these kind of things get shut down, when the hordes of Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis get wind of it - then they make it harder to stop these people from applying, because it still takes money, manpower, time and resources to reject these applications - any of these people thinking that Paraguay (or any Latin American country) would give hundreds of thousands of subcontinentals residency and citizenship because they have 5000 dollars are absolutely dreaming. :lol:

There are two things you need to do by the looks of it.

Go there, stay there and show that you are making a contribution to Paraguayan society or go to another South American country.

Article 148 – OF NATIONALITY BY NATURALIZATION

Foreigners can obtain Paraguayan nationality by naturalisation if they meet the following requirements:
coming of age:
Minimum filing of three years in national territory;
exercise in the country of some profession, trade, science, art or industry, and good conduct, defined in the law.

https://tucanoprod.com/en/paraguay-citi ... residency/

But if you need to do that in Paraguay then you can do that in Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina or Peru for the same amount of time and money.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Re: Paraguayan Passport - 2020 update (Andrew Henderson)

Post by Shemp »

yick wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:46 pm
any of these people thinking that Paraguay (or any Latin American country) would give hundreds of thousands of subcontinentals residency and citizenship because they have 5000 dollars are absolutely dreaming.
I did a quick google search myself after posting on the other thread. Not only do you need to show a genuine connection to the country, as you noted, but every single citizenship application must be approved by the Paraguay Supreme Court. I didn't post this info on the other thread because I was hoping ContrarianExpatriate would actually carry through with his cockeyed plan to buy a passport for $5000, only to discover that there's a catch, and no, a quick call to the Paraguay President from some nobody retiree from the USA with delusions of grandeur isn't going to fix things. (You had previously mentioned a similar catch with Panama.)

That Henderson guy cannot be trusted because he is in the business of selling consulting advice about second passports. The people who can be trusted are individuals who have actually gone through with the process. (PS that Henderson guy needs to start working out. He isn't bad looking and has a masculine voice, but those skinny arms are just disgraceful. Watch his YouTube videos to see what I mean.)

I used to read blogs of expats in Argentina, because that place is such a laugh cow due to all its economic crises. These people had actually lived in Argentina for many years, some as retirees, some as location independent businesses, and they spoke good Spanish. And indeed, they had little trouble getting a passport when they finally applied.

Another blog was some libertarian gold bug type who moved temporarily to Uruguay in hopes of getting an easy second passport. After moving, he immediately started complaining about how Uruguay is inefficient compared to the USA and how the locals could be so much richer if they followed his advice. After barely meeting minimum requirements to apply for citizenship, his application was rejected, causing him to go off on a long rant in his blog, then he abandoned Uruguay to try again in Chile. I've lost track of him so I don't know how that turned out. Probably the Uruguay bureaucrat handling the application saw that he was not really committed to living permanently in Uruguay. Or maybe his attitude was the problem if he applied in person.

I suspect Paraguay will be similar to Uruguay and Argentina. That is, few problems getting citizenship if you actually live there most of the year. Otherwise, your application will be rejected and your $5000 residency permit plus the lawyer's fee plus the costs of traveling to Paraguay several times will all be wasted.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I think it is still a good investment of your money and a good idea (of course...) but I think the time is to act now because it might not be as easy as people have suggested but I don't think it is particulary difficult as long as you are willing to spend some time in country, marry, buy a place, working and pay taxes etc.

But I think it will get far harder in the next 15-20 years - Most of Latin America is getting more prosperous and more richer - I can forsee in a few years from now that Peruvians, Chileans and Costa Ricans will be getting visa free access to China with their FTA status - so that is a good little passport to have! So they won't be as easy to come by as now.

Up until three years ago, you could get residency in Chile AFTER arriving on a tourist visa which is unheard of in most places of the world but guess what? Haitians heard about it and took the piss out of it by going there without any intention of returning so the Chileans closed off that loophole, I don't think Paraguayan citizenship and residency is a loophole but it is lax compared to other residency and nationality programmes, there isn't a Spanish (or Guarani...) language test for naturalisation - which is pretty good!

If you have a few grand spare - something like 50000 dollars and have some kind of passive income stream coming in and are committed to learning Spanish - I think you could do more or less the same in most South American countries that you are capable of in Paraguay.

NB: Even though thousands of Pakistanis, Indians and the likes of have been hamstrung in getting a visa to go to Paraguay to put in an application anyway in the first place :lol: lot easier for first world folks.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

yick wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 12:52 am
Most of Latin America is getting more prosperous and more richer - I can forsee in a few years from now that Peruvians, Chileans and Costa Ricans will be getting visa free access to China with their FTA status - so that is a good little passport to have! So they won't be as easy to come by as now.
I'm hesitant to recommend the following website too seriously, because the guy who maintains it won't explain the details of his year 2025 predictions, but those predictions are similar to yours:

http://www.deagel.com/country/forecast.aspx
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

yick wrote:
May 7th, 2020, 10:46 pm
It looks like they're tightening up according to Andrew Henderson (Nomad Capitalist)

https://nomadcapitalist.com/2017/01/30/ ... ency-2020/

Why? Well, it is the same reason why these kind of things get shut down, when the hordes of Indians, Pakistanis and Bangladeshis get wind of it - then they make it harder to stop these people from applying, because it still takes money, manpower, time and resources to reject these applications - any of these people thinking that Paraguay (or any Latin American country) would give hundreds of thousands of subcontinentals residency and citizenship because they have 5000 dollars are absolutely dreaming. :lol:

There are two things you need to do by the looks of it.

Go there, stay there and show that you are making a contribution to Paraguayan society or go to another South American country.

Article 148 – OF NATIONALITY BY NATURALIZATION

Foreigners can obtain Paraguayan nationality by naturalisation if they meet the following requirements:
coming of age:
Minimum filing of three years in national territory;
exercise in the country of some profession, trade, science, art or industry, and good conduct, defined in the law.

https://tucanoprod.com/en/paraguay-citi ... residency/

But if you need to do that in Paraguay then you can do that in Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina or Peru for the same amount of time and money.
There is an ebb and flow to citizenship requirements. They start out easy, they tighten up, then when market conditions demand it, they ease up again.

In the post-Corona world where wealth has been wiped out in almost every country, there will be a renewed push to compete for monied foreigners both as residents and as citizens. Further, in countries like Paraguay, the legal requirements are not the same for everyone. If you use a channel with connections, you are as good as in.

I see whoremonger @Shemp has chimed in on this thread. The posts of proven idiots are never worth reading, but I am sure it was full of his typical naysaying and negativity. It's a shame a guy his age has wasted away into such an angry, bitter headcase. Some losers just hate seeing others do what they don't have the skill, courage, or money to do I guess. Poor ole geezer has nothing else to do I bet....

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 8th, 2020, 5:56 pm
I see whoremonger @Shemp has chimed in on this thread. The posts of proven idiots are never worth reading, but I am sure it was full of his typical naysaying and negativity. It's a shame a guy his age has wasted away into such an angry, bitter headcase. Some losers just hate seeing others do what they don't have the skill, courage, or money to do I guess. Poor ole geezer has nothing else to do I bet....
Big time projection of the contrarian delusional old fart who argue and insult and hide under screen from real alfaman stanfordguy........shemp real truther and not act like raging egomaniac angryman sterioder contrarian shemp so much more useful and innovative than a regurgitaror instigator life victim contrarian

"...whoremonger contrarian...full of his typical naysaying and negativity. It's a shame a guy his age has wasted away into such an angry, bitter headcase. Some losers just hate seeing others do what they don't have the skill, courage, or money to do I guess. Poor ole geezer has nothing else to do I bet...." = contrarian expat 100%

contrarian project own problems onto shemp sad old pignose bullybait for stanford to mock and also cornfed hurt feeling deep down when not under banning
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

In the post-Corona world where wealth has been wiped out in almost every country, there will be a renewed push to compete for monied foreigners both as residents and as citizens. Further, in countries like Paraguay, the legal requirements are not the same for everyone. If you use a channel with connections, you are as good as in.
That is a very good point actually, it is all about connections and who you know down there which gets things moving and eventually done. I think if the COVID-19 is a a bad one this winter in the Southern Hemisphere then all these countries will make their investor programmes attractive for potential citizens but I don't think it will ever extend wholesale to Arabs or people from India and Pakistan. They might be looking at first world investors, Russians and the Chinese.

I don't think anywhere in Latin America would roll out the red carpet for millions of Indians and Pakistanis. I remember reading once about an Indian doctor who wanted to settle in South America and ended up in the Ecuador because it was the only country they could enter as it was visa-free for everyone as every other Latin American country had rejected them, and that was a monied Indian doctor!
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I wouldn't call CE an idiot, however like most mid-level career civil servants, his intelligence is limited. After all, a guy has to pretty limited to be capable of spending, much less be willing to spend, 30 years kissing ass as a government flunky just in order to get a nice pension at the end.

Anyway, CE is doling out his usual half-baked ideas and so I feel compelled to intervene to clarify things. Wealth is not being wiped out anywhere. However, there is a tendency for all governments to overspend and luring in rich foreigners is always a tempting way to shore up government finances. So indeed, I agree with CE in expecting governments to make it increasingly easy in the future to buy residency, especially for retirees, for those for whom the 90 day tourist visa isn't enough.

BUT, this is also precisely why dual citizenship in a place like Paraguay will not be that useful in the future for retirees with USA or other first world citizenship. (Both CE and I have USA citizenship.) Thailand alteady makes it easy to buy your way in as a retiree, for example, and I expect to see more schemes like this in the future.

Simply buying residency in the countries that interest you, when you need it, will likely be cheaper and less hassle than getting citizenship in Paraguay. The craziest part of CE's plan is that he apparently has no real interest in Paraguay itself, but rather merely wants access to Argentina and Russia. If he really expects countries with financial problems (like both Argentina and Russia currently) to increasingly compete for wealthy residents, doesn't that imply these countries will make it easy to simply buy your way in directly, using your existing USA passport, without f***ing around with Paraguay?

Furthermore, the same need for money makes it likely that governments will increasingly start taxing based on citizenship (which only the USA and Eritrea do currently), so the more citizenships and permanent residencies you have, the more governments who can claim you owe them taxes. Dual tax treaties mean you won't pay tax multiple times to different governments for the same income, but you will have to file forms with multiple governments, and be subject to audits by multiple governments. (We can also expect governments to cooperate in sharing income, banking and other information to prevent people from avoiding taxation by at least one government.) In other words, the more citizenships and permanent residencies, the more headaches.

As for connections, a call from the local consulate of tge USA State Department can indeed be helpful in certain situations, but I'd be surprised if the State Department would assist CE to become a citizen of another country.

Finally, it might be worth mentioning here another of CE's bad ideas. Namely, pumping himself full of hormones to cope with his obesity and sleep apnea other health problems. CE calls me an old man, though I'm only a few years older than him (I'm 59), and my body is clearly holding up much better than his. Unlike CE, I have no need to take hormones to stay lean and muscular, nor do I need to tote around a CPAP machine everywhere I go because of obesity interfering with breathing while sleeping. What is CE's plan if he gets locked down during a future pandemic and his hormone replacements are abruptly stopped due to supply chain disruptions? Withdrawal symptoms are horrible. This is just one risk of pumping yourself with hormones like a feedlot steer. Another risk is shorter lifespan. Which gets back to all these passport schemes. Is CE even going to be around to take advantage of that Paraguay passport if and when he finally receives it?
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Contrarian brag brag brag over years act manchild angry baby why not humilty by so old over 50s and sick w sleep crutches machine and injection rage horemone drugs and body stop to make natural and truth america blackman live much short life than other race other sex american and he not courage to post realself same stanfordguy winston dancily so have insecurity other poster confirm big black and pignose so very insecurity is truth even shemp not post realself stay anonymous but wirtings much wiser more mature seem like he big boss before not paper pusher civil servant kiss ass to mid ground contrarian.....he contrarian need help from head doctor really sick egomaniac not so bad as dan ciley by contrarian live on happy aboard forum to brag and argue must not have other life except pay prostitute and pretend she like him delusion old fool needs help so much because now is sickman on drugs....why erazzy singer and yick follow advocate so weird sickman contrarian strange truth so shemp is wiseman and investment sageman

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

One of the things you can count on in life are people who hate to see you achieving your goals.

Going for what you want involves efforts that most people are unwilling or unable to do. So rather than see themselves outdone by you, they will resort to, “That makes no sense!, That’s a stupid idea!, You can’t possibly do that!” Remember, it is not about you or your ideas. It is 100% about them so just grin and proceed with the plans towards your goals.

Haters and naysayers ironically push you higher and higher yet they never realize it. If you don’t have any, do what you can to earn some so you know what I mean. 8)
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

May 10th, 2020, 2:00 pm
One of the things you can count on in life are people who hate to see you achieving your goals.

Going for what you want involves efforts that most people are unwilling or unable to do. So rather than see themselves outdone by you, they will resort to, “That makes no sense!, That’s a stupid idea!, You can’t possibly do that!” Remember, it is not about you or your ideas. It is 100% about them so just grin and proceed with the plans towards your goals.

Haters and naysayers ironically push you higher and higher yet they never realize it. If you don’t have any, do what you can to earn some so you know what I mean. 8)
You just old prostitue monger, live self absorb life no child raisng not make contribute to world like wiseton yohan ladslavic other kindly poster but just be alone pay cheap sex escort make fake affection to you or sickhead girl get more sick from old pignose abuser....any dumwit with money easy make monger in ukraine so why brag so silly egomania...maybe stanfordguy selfish and brag too but him have right since show self and not pay and qualifed look same young black dj not like contrarian old black elderly fart pignose who imagine he the alpha win man.....any geezerman wit bits of money can monger like wiseton and worldtraveler but they not brag and proud same contrarian...make mongering same take alcoholic drink or take drug nothing not achieve just a habit not good not bad but your silly self absorb fool act like bigman when you just get olding and lonely anonymous nobody and only have forum to live fake online because even prostitute hate be very elder man not feel natural this truth you not understand....stanfordguy still have 5-10 more years for high status young lady genuine feel attract but contrarian finished for good so seem silly he proud not humble and not find more meaningful thing to life like hero wiseton or yohan and other who mature help other with kindly heart good attitude...contrarian sick manchild hope can find cure and changing to mature goodman

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Spencer wrote:
May 10th, 2020, 4:00 pm
May 10th, 2020, 2:00 pm

You just old prostitue monger, live self absorb life no child raisng not make contribute to world like wiseton yohan ladslavic other kindly poster but just be alone pay cheap sex escort make fake affection to you or sickhead girl get more sick from old pignose abuser....any idiot with money easy make monger in ukraine so why brag so silly egomania...maybe stanfordguy selfish and brag too but him have right since show self and not pay and qualifed look black dj not black elderly fart pignose who imagine he the man.....anyman w bits of money can monger like wiseton and worldtraveler but they not brag and proud same contrarian...monger same take drink or take drug nothing not achieve just a habit not good not bad but your silly self absorb fool act like it something when you just get olding and lonely and only have forum to live fake online because even prostitute hate be very elder man not feel natural this truth you not understand....stanfordguy still have 5-10 more years for high status young lady genuine feel attract but contrarian finished for good so seem silly he proud not humble and not find more meaningful thing to life like hero wiseton or yohan and other who mature help other with kindly heart good attitude...contrarian sick manchild hope can find cure and changing to mature goodman
Poor PAG. Everyone knows it is you so you can stop wasting the effort. Not sure why you're projecting so much hate yourself, but I hope you can find some resolution to that. Don't hate me, hate that you hate yourself.