Did something change about Colombia recently?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
WesternWomenSuck
Freshman Poster

Did something change about Colombia recently?

Post by WesternWomenSuck »

6 months ago I travelled to Bogota Colombia and got a bunch of matches, and several of them responded to my messages. I got some of them to agree to meet in person but we had scheduling conflicts and then I had to leave.

Now I am back in Colombia. I spent a month before hand trying to get matches in Colombia using the paid version of Tinder that lets you change location, and I got almost nothing. I thought maybe the issue was that the location change doesn't work as well as being physically in the location, but then I tried again after landing in Bogota and I still wasn't getting any matches. I thought maybe my Tinder account is shadow banned but then I tried changing my location to some other countries and got 4 matches in 1 day (as opposed to 0 from Colombia despite constantly swiping for a few days), from Japan, Romania, and 2 from Serbia, all of whom were attractive, and the 2 Serbian ones messaged me first. I swiped much, much less to get these than I did in Colombia.

I also noticed the Colombian women seem to not be looking at me like they did when I was here 6 months ago. Also, someone travelling with me mentioned she saw a group of American guys who all had really ugly Colombian girlfriends.

And even aside from dating, the people of Colombia don't seem as warm to me as they were last time. Last time I felt like people were interested in me for being an American tourist and trying really hard to be nice and helpful to me. It doesn't feel that way this time, in fact it feels like I am looked down on.

Is something happening to Colombia? Has anyone been here recently and noticed Colombia is declining as a dating abroad destination?
88jose88
Freshman Poster

Re: Did something change about Colombia recently?

Post by 88jose88 »

Wow,so the passport bros ruined colombia and they have foreigner fatigue,and american men have a bad reputation for sleeping with hookers etc

Ya'll american men can't all go to other countries and think the men are going to let you take their women,which is their most valuable resource,you guys can do it in small amounts,but the passport bro movement ruined it for you guys.

fix your damn countries.
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

The US State Department recently issued a warning about Colombia.

"Over the last year, the Embassy has seen an increase in reports of incidents involving the use of online dating applications to lure victims, typically foreigners, for robbery by force or using sedatives to drug and rob individuals. The Embassy regularly receives reports of these types of incidents occurring in major cities, including, but not limited to, Medellin, Cartagena, and Bogota. These types of crimes routinely go underreported as victims are embarrassed and do not want to follow through with the judicial process."
https://co.usembassy.gov/security-alert ... lications/
Traveler
Freshman Poster

Post by Traveler »

"They met on a dating app in Bogota. He woke up dizzy and without his passport the next day"
https://news.yahoo.com/met-dating-app-b ... 19138.html
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

I was literally in Colombia for six months this year. Medellin and Santa Marta. I can tell you that if you stand out/talk/behave like an extranjero you will not get with any local Colombian woman. If you want to have a chance with one, then the only way is to go under the radar, speak Spanish, and try to blend in with the locals like you're one of them. I'm literally telling you that no Colombian woman has any interest in being with an extranjero that does not want to integrate into the local culture as one of them.

They're very laid back, happy, and social people. If you can be like them, you'll have a good time there. I had conversations with taxi drivers and the street food guys. They will be friendly to you if you smile and speak Spanish. I told one Venezuelan woman there that she was "muy linda" and she loved it.

I will say that after being there, I don't have a lot in common with them. Sex and big butts is one thing but that's as far as it goes for me. Going down there and picking up a woman with a nice ass and then having her sit on my face for an hour is about as much as I want in Colombia. Nothing more. I love their culture but I'm just not one of them because I'm not a Latino.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

I love Colombia, a great country and I could easily and happily live there.

These Americans being murdered in Colombia make Colombian news - American males have a big stigma attached to them as mongers coming to Colombia to monger - especially if you are going to the usual haunts of mongers which is namely Medellin.

And guess what, the Americans found murdered were trying to monger away - what is flying to a country trying to get dates and f***ing off? It's mongering! When are you going to get it into your skulls that it is dangerous and the chances of you getting murdered go way above what it should. If you are in Colombia long term then you will get to know and meet women - no two ways about it - but if you fly in and out to set up dates then not only will people want to rob and kill you but local women who won't will rightly see you as a seedy sex tourist. Can you blame them?
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

kangarunner wrote:
January 21st, 2024, 10:14 pm
I was literally in Colombia for six months this year. Medellin and Santa Marta. I can tell you that if you stand out/talk/behave like an extranjero you will not get with any local Colombian woman. If you want to have a chance with one, then the only way is to go under the radar, speak Spanish, and try to blend in with the locals like you're one of them. I'm literally telling you that no Colombian woman has any interest in being with an extranjero that does not want to integrate into the local culture as one of them.

They're very laid back, happy, and social people. If you can be like them, you'll have a good time there. I had conversations with taxi drivers and the street food guys. They will be friendly to you if you smile and speak Spanish. I told one Venezuelan woman there that she was "muy linda" and she loved it.

I will say that after being there, I don't have a lot in common with them. Sex and big butts is one thing but that's as far as it goes for me. Going down there and picking up a woman with a nice ass and then having her sit on my face for an hour is about as much as I want in Colombia. Nothing more. I love their culture but I'm just not one of them because I'm not a Latino.
"if you can be like them" No I don't want to be them or like them. But I also have no interest in going to latin America...Why bother when the fuckers are flooding into America anyway to take over? One thing is certain Latino countries are safe from invasions, seems like to me only White nations are vulnerable to this problem at the moment.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 5:46 pm
"if you can be like them" No I don't want to be them or like them. But I also have no interest in going to latin America...Why bother when the fuckers are flooding into America anyway to take over? One thing is certain Latino countries are safe from invasions, seems like to me only White nations are vulnerable to this problem at the moment.
You're one of the best contributors on here at the moment and you've been saying the truth as it is on this forum. You're f***ing right dude.

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 5:46 pm
seems like to me only White nations are vulnerable to this problem at the moment.
You're right. It's only the white countries that let the ethnics come in and take all their shit and then spit in the face of the white people who gave it to them. America will be a brown country in the future. There's plenty of strong white people, but why is it that as a whole, white people don't stick together in a tribal/group mentality like the blacks do or the Mexicans do? Why is that?

White people are just colder and not as communal with their own kind. Go to a black church. They're all dancing and hugging and smiling with each other. Go to a white church and it's not like that.

It's because white people don't stick together like the blacks or Mexicans do that makes them easier to invade their countries.

It doesn't matter what I think, because when I go back to the US, I'm invisible. I might as well live for today. I want to kiss as many girls asses here in Vietnam that I forget dumbshit Tennessee forever.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

The reason the US let 'ethnics come in and spit in the face of blahblahblah' is because they come to work and do the jobs white Americans are too fat and lazy to do - they come to jobs - this is an important factor to note because it's not just the 'ethnics' that are to blame, they are being illegally employed by American companies and business owners and the reality is the state turns a blind eye as do the millions of Americans who use those services - especially those Americans who hire illegal immigrants to do manual labour because they're cheaper.

Besides, white people have a) took that land by force from the native population and therefore have no rights morally to who follows on there after them and b) there are three million US citizens living in Latin America, a lot of them are illegal and with a number of them partaking in illegal activities such as prostitution and drugs - if they import scum then you can bet your life they also export scum.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

yick wrote:
January 23rd, 2024, 9:08 pm
The reason the US let 'ethnics come in and spit in the face of blahblahblah' is because they come to work and do the jobs white Americans are too fat and lazy to do - they come to jobs - this is an important factor to note because it's not just the 'ethnics' that are to blame, they are being illegally employed by American companies and business owners and the reality is the state turns a blind eye as do the millions of Americans who use those services - especially those Americans who hire illegal immigrants to do manual labour because they're cheaper.

Besides, white people have a) took that land by force from the native population and therefore have no rights morally to who follows on there after them and b) there are three million US citizens living in Latin America, a lot of them are illegal and with a number of them partaking in illegal activities such as prostitution and drugs - if they import scum then you can bet your life they also export scum.
Very true. Guys act like the West takes these people just for humanity. The truth is the whites need them brownies to do the work. Whites can not even make babies.

Though they could try the old school way with being nationalistic and authoritarian. That gave us 2 World Wars. Who wants that again?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

I was there for 6 months this year (3 months tourist visa, then 3 month extension) and felt safe the entire time. I went out at night to Parque Lleras and La 77 in Laureles. This crap only happens if you're dumb enough to fall for traps.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-67947333

https://nypost.com/2024/01/19/news/four ... bia-death/
US citizens travelling to Colombia have been warned against using dating apps in the country after the "suspicious deaths" of eight American tourists in two months.
The US embassy in Bogota said some victims were drugged and robbed after meeting people on these apps.

In the final three months of 2023, the number of robberies of foreign visitors increased by 200% and deaths by 29%, including the eight Americans who died between 1 November and 31 December.

One of those victims was American comedian and activist Tou Ger Xiong, 50, an Asian-American living in Minnesota.

He was on vacation in Colombia at the end of November when he was kidnapped and killed after meeting a woman online and meeting her on a date.

Xiong was abducted and fatally stabbed over a dozen times by a group of men.

Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

kangarunner wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 2:54 am
I was there for 6 months this year (3 months tourist visa, then 3 month extension) and felt safe the entire time. I went out at night to Parque Lleras and La 77 in Laureles. This crap only happens if you're dumb enough to fall for traps.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-67947333

https://nypost.com/2024/01/19/news/four ... bia-death/
US citizens travelling to Colombia have been warned against using dating apps in the country after the "suspicious deaths" of eight American tourists in two months.
The US embassy in Bogota said some victims were drugged and robbed after meeting people on these apps.

In the final three months of 2023, the number of robberies of foreign visitors increased by 200% and deaths by 29%, including the eight Americans who died between 1 November and 31 December.

One of those victims was American comedian and activist Tou Ger Xiong, 50, an Asian-American living in Minnesota.

He was on vacation in Colombia at the end of November when he was kidnapped and killed after meeting a woman online and meeting her on a date.

Xiong was abducted and fatally stabbed over a dozen times by a group of men.
Damn, Colombia used to be cool destination, what happened? Colombians are wild, greedy, and money hungry motherf*ckers. I have met many of them in America. Lot of Colombians living in New York City and Northern New Jersey. I guess after their 50 year old civil war and bunch of stupid Gringos coming in acting stupid, the Colombians lost their tolerance to stupid foreigners. :lol:
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
January 24th, 2024, 5:24 am
Damn, Colombia used to be cool destination, what happened? Colombians are wild, greedy, and money hungry motherf*ckers. I have met many of them in America. Lot of Colombians living in New York City and Northern New Jersey. I guess after their 50 year old civil war and bunch of stupid Gringos coming in acting stupid, the Colombians lost their tolerance to stupid foreigners. :lol:
Nahh, not at all. Colombia is a safe country as a whole. What's happening is the criminals are catching onto the foreigners coming for sex and they're setting traps. It's not the normal functioning, hard working local Colombian that does this. It's the criminals. Don't let the news and all this shit you hear dissuade you from visiting that great country. Medellin is a fun city with nice people.

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote: Nahh, not at all. Colombia is a safe country as a whole. What's happening is the criminals are catching onto the foreigners coming for sex and they're setting traps. It's not the normal functioning, hard working local Colombian that does this. It's the criminals. Don't let the news and all this shit you hear dissuade you from visiting that great country. Medellin is a fun city with nice people.
Colombia is generally not a safe country for foreigners, simply because it's unsafe even for locals, who know exactly where to go, what to avoid and how to behave.

Medellin might look charming, especially when strolling around the upmarket residential areas (all private estates with private security, by the way). The moment you venture up hill, where no tourist should go unaccompanied, something nasty might happen to you.

Like most South American countries where people have guns, Colombia is not safe, not for locals, not for Gringos. One needs to enjoy those places while exercising caution.