Ladislav in Cancun

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ladislav in Cancun

Post by ladislav »

After the covid struck, I left Cambodia, went to Japan and then, stayed with my mother for four months in Palm Springs. Suddenly I remembered that I had some miles saved up, so I checked what countries were open. And bingo, you can fly to Mexico. So, I got a flight to Cancun.
In comparison with SE Asia, especially Cambodia, Mexico is pretty expensive. A pair of crocs in Cambodia was $2. Here it is $9. At a market. Taxis are almost twice the fair of Cambodia. And I think just about anything is twice the price.
The ladies you can't even compare. Some are OK, but many are very fat and also, no silky hair as in SE Asia.
They look Mayan here. Kind of like in the movie Apocalypto.
Some ladies are cute, but not that many. You can't even begin to compare to the Philippines, VN or Thailand.
Anything good here? Well, probably the only thing good is that there is less of a racial barrier between me and them and I can speak Spanish. I prefer Mexico to the US, but not to SE Asia.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
have2fly
Junior Poster

Re: Ladislav in Cancun

Post by have2fly »

I have never been to Cancun, but from all the videos I watched it looks like a mixture of Miami and Las Vegas. Americans go there to party, but prices are very expensive vs other Mexican cities. I would rather go somewhere further out and not as touristy.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Yeap I was taken back by how expensive Mexico is becoming (cheap but not as cheap as four years ago).
The higher the tier of the city, the higher the price. I got my surtenyo honeycomb hideouts hence why I tell no one no one nooo onnnnnnnnnnnnnn-unnnn-unnnnn like Alicia Keys where they are!
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:18 am
Yeap I was taken back by how expensive Mexico is becoming (cheap but not as cheap as four years ago).
The higher the tier of the city, the higher the price. I got my surtenyo honeycomb hideouts hence why I tell no one no one nooo onnnnnnnnnnnnnn-unnnn-unnnnn like Alicia Keys where they are!
Have you been to this part of the world (SEA/Philippines)? How do you think it fares compared to Mexico and the rest of Latin America?
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
August 26th, 2020, 6:18 am
Two million Americans and Canadians now living there (a lot of them retired..), a lot of them illegally, prices will go up and they will pay it because they can afford it.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I lived in Mexico. The housing is way cheaper than California, but maybe you could find something similar in a rural Midwest community in the US. But labor is inexpensive. The thing I miss the most is that I could get a computer problem fixed for as little as $10 and it would be done the next day. In the US they charge at least $60 just to look at your computer and the wait is over a week. In Mexico, they wouldn't even charge if they found nothing. Or sometimes they would fix something simple when you brought it in and charge nothing.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yes, I hear you. Cost me 200-300 pesos per cellphone or computer repair and often done on the same day. In the US, it's cheaper to buy new.
And no deposit as in the Philippines. No skin tax.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!