How do I explain why I'm looking for a Latin American wife?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

It's simple. Just tell her the truth. Tell her that in America, there are more men than women, and all the good women say they are taken or married. That shouldn't make you look like a loser.

If you want to get more in-depth, tell her too that women in America make good money and don't need men. Also tell her that women in America don't talk to strangers and that it's not easy to even meet them.

It appalls me how nearly everyone overseas still thinks that women in America are very open, approachable and like to meet men, when nothing could be further from the truth. It's crazy. I don't get it.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:It's simple. Just tell her the truth. Tell her that in America, (1) there are more men than women, and all the good women say they are taken or married. That shouldn't make you look like a loser.

If you want to get more in-depth, tell her too that (2) women in America make good money and don't need men. Also tell her that women in America (3) don't talk to strangers and that it's not easy to even meet them.
Terrible advice. OP, ignore this.

This would be telling her:

(1) there ARE good women here, and you CANT GET THEM.
Takes all the fun out of it for her.

(2) You have nothing to offer except money, and you really ought to be dating a golddigger who wants your money.

(3) You have no social skills (from her perspective, she has no idea how America is), and will be socially awkward around the people she introduces you to.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

How about if I say, I have high standards, and most American women do not meet those standards?
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Jester wrote:
Winston wrote:It's simple. Just tell her the truth. Tell her that in America, (1) there are more men than women, and all the good women say they are taken or married. That shouldn't make you look like a loser.

If you want to get more in-depth, tell her too that (2) women in America make good money and don't need men. Also tell her that women in America (3) don't talk to strangers and that it's not easy to even meet them.

(2) You have nothing to offer except money, and you really ought to be dating a golddigger who wants your money.

(3) You have no social skills (from her perspective, she has no idea how America is), and will be socially awkward around the people she introduces you to.
I second this opinion. That kind of advice keeps you from finding a wife. Good wife material does not want the backwash of American women either and saying shit Winston says, will make that perception. Again, women are on a "needs to know" basis when it comes to the way you handle your business. They are not a stockholder in your life at this point, so treat that information as internal confidential material.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Seems to me this question is more often asked of White men than Men of Color.... I think the answer is self-explanatory.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Thanks all. I just got done chatting with a new friend in Panama. She kept asking why I was looking for a wife abroad, and wouldn't I prefer a Latin American woman living in the USA? But I stuck to my guns and kept telling her that I prefer Latin American women living abroad, because they were nicer and prettier. Now she wants me to come and visit her :wink:
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

Hero wrote:Thanks all. I just got done chatting with a new friend in Panama. She kept asking why I was looking for a wife abroad, and wouldn't I prefer a Latin American woman living in the USA? But I stuck to my guns and kept telling her that I prefer Latin American women living abroad, because they were nicer and prettier. Now she wants me to come and visit her :wink:
Good enough for now. Keep it short simple and moving. Remember, make sure you set the tone for everything by making sure she understands she is interviewing for your job, and not the other way around.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

kai1275 wrote:Good enough for now. Keep it short simple and moving. Remember, make sure you set the tone for everything by making sure she understands she is interviewing for your job, and not the other way around.
Heh heh... I'll give her an "internship" first... she'd better do an outstanding job before I offer her something permanent :wink:
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Hero wrote:
kai1275 wrote:Good enough for now. Keep it short simple and moving. Remember, make sure you set the tone for everything by making sure she understands she is interviewing for your job, and not the other way around.
Heh heh... I'll give her an "internship" first... she'd better do an outstanding job before I offer her something permanent :wink:
*Teeee heeeeee-a-heeeee the late Jacko laugh*
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

Hero wrote:Thanks all. I just got done chatting with a new friend in Panama. She kept asking why I was looking for a wife abroad, and wouldn't I prefer a Latin American woman living in the USA? But I stuck to my guns and kept telling her that I prefer Latin American women living abroad, because they were nicer and prettier. Now she wants me to come and visit her :wink:
I wouldn't have even said that. Do you plan on moving to SA?
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

kai8482 wrote:
Well, come on. What am I supposed to do, just ignore her question?
Is SA=South America? Why do you ask?
kai8482
Freshman Poster

Post by kai8482 »

Hero wrote:
kai8482 wrote:
Well, come on. What am I supposed to do, just ignore her question?
Is SA=South America? Why do you ask?
idk, it just seems like your over thinking the situation. I ask because a lot of people I think want to. I'm trying to move to South America [SA], Ecuador most likely.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Jester wrote:

Maybe. But women usually judge you by what THEY think of you, and how they FEEL about you, not about what others say.

Another thing you can tell them is that most American women do not make good wives. They only care about their career, not about love or family. That's a standard response.

Or you can use this analogy that I've used because it draws on an example they are familiar with. Say, "Almost all American women are corrupt. Remember the wicked step-mother in the Cinderella story? Most American women have that kind of personality. They are nothing like the sweet wholesome gems in your country."

They can relate to that analogy.

I've explained to Russian women before that, "In America good men outnumber good women, but in Russia good women outnumber good men." They definitely agree with the latter, and so assume that the former must be true too.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne