Dominican Republic

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

One million variables, place, time, language, vibes, etc. Without talking to him, it would be really hard to tell.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Rock, Ladislav,
My friend Steve said his brother just spent a week in DR, and reported that women there were not friendly or approachable. Do you know why? He's a fairly good looking guy too. Some of the women flaked too.
I don't know. If you look back to my trip reports, you will see I had some good luck but also encountered flakes and gold diggers too.

My sources for meeting women were:

1. Dating sites

2. Indirect cold-approach (I had Dominican American friend who would approach on my behalf and dazzle them with great Spanish talking skills).

In the short periods I was there, I did decently I think.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

My friend Steve said his brother just spent a week in DR, and reported that women there were not friendly or approachable. Do you know why? He's a fairly good looking guy too. Some of the women flaked too.
Who knows how these women think. I mean, I think my online profile looks very good compared to most of the other men who advertise online, and yet a BIG fraction of the women I write to don't even give me a chance, even if I am in their age range. It could be anything - could be I look too kind, or I'm not sure about wanting kids, or I don't make enough money, or I live in an apartment instead of a house, or I entered my body type as "average", or I don't live in a big enough city, ... Latin American has its share of shallow women too, the percentage of Latin American women who are shallow is just slightly lower, that's all.
Last edited by Hero on September 3rd, 2013, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Is DR supposed to be p***y paradise for men, PH version of Latin America?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:
I don't know. If you look back to my trip reports, you will see I had some good luck but also encountered flakes and gold diggers too.

My sources for meeting women were:

1. Dating sites

2. Indirect cold-approach (I had Dominican American friend who would approach on my behalf and dazzle them with great Spanish talking skills).

In the short periods I was there, I did decently I think.
I just talked to him. What he told me was that the girls in DR were friendly, definitely friendlier than in the US of course. But the problem was that the girls would not sleep with him after a few days, claiming that their values would not let them do that. He did not want to use p4p though as that to him is low and dirty. He wanted no strings attached sex with normal women, not p4p women. To him, that's more important than just meeting or dating them.

He also told me that he knew a guy who lived there in the DR who would got dates everyday with many women, yet he never slept with any of them. He was like a buddy-type to them, and did not try to seduce them for some reason. lol.

Sounds a bit like me in Russia. lol. I guess some guys just put off a "little brother" or "buddy" vibe to girls that does not arouse them or create sexual attraction. lol.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check out what this guy who's been on my mailing list a long time said about DR. He lives there now. How can this be? What he says is different than most of you.
Winston,

Great to hear from you!!! I am still on your list and read your messages. Yes, I am part of your HA group on FB as well. I moved from the USA about 4 years ago and now live in the Dominican Republic. I still may have copies of your Russian trip, but the box is in storage in the USA. I will check when I visit home again sometime in the next few months.

Winston, I have had some many girlfriends and the sex has been incredible, that I am very happy I left the USA as truly living overseas is 100% better. I have beautiful women all trying to date me. I can't believe it. I lived in Richmond for 18 years and only had two girlfriends and very little sex. Now, I have over 30 girls that call me on a frequent basis and I make new friends everyday. The USA is truly a sex-less prison compare to the rest of the world. It is the reason that I believed in your mission and board that you are definitely "happier aboard". Hope all is well with you and your son. Are you still in Manila?

Look forward to hearing from you. I won't forget the DVD's and will get back to you ASAP.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Winston wrote:Hey check out what this guy who's been on my mailing list a long time said about DR. He lives there now. How can this be? What he says is different than most of you.
Winston,

Great to hear from you!!! I am still on your list and read your messages. Yes, I am part of your HA group on FB as well. I moved from the USA about 4 years ago and now live in the Dominican Republic. I still may have copies of your Russian trip, but the box is in storage in the USA. I will check when I visit home again sometime in the next few months.

Winston, I have had some many girlfriends and the sex has been incredible, that I am very happy I left the USA as truly living overseas is 100% better. I have beautiful women all trying to date me. I can't believe it. I lived in Richmond for 18 years and only had two girlfriends and very little sex. Now, I have over 30 girls that call me on a frequent basis and I make new friends everyday. The USA is truly a sex-less prison compare to the rest of the world. It is the reason that I believed in your mission and board that you are definitely "happier aboard". Hope all is well with you and your son. Are you still in Manila?

Look forward to hearing from you. I won't forget the DVD's and will get back to you ASAP.
Hey Winston, can you share some details about this guy? Like, how old is he and how does he make a living in the DR?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Winston wrote:Hey check out what this guy who's been on my mailing list a long time said about DR. He lives there now. How can this be? What he says is different than most of you.
Winston,

If the guy is young and/or goodlooking, it might be, especially if he is willing to accept less attractive (by DR standards) and/or older gals, perhaps w/kids.

DR is a decent place to date and get intimacy, much much better than USA IMO. But still not like Phils. or perhaps some other places in Asia for very average dudes who are not so young.

Now as a P4P arena, it's considered one of the tops by many though, certainly best in Caribbean and in same league as Colombia and Brazil. Some guys get confused when they deal with soft P4P or semi pros and delude themselves into comparing that kind of dating with straight up dating back home in USA. It's an apples to oranges kinda thing which invalidates it.

So this guy is probably one or more of:

- in the latter category (soft P4P)

- good looking and young

- going for less attractive and/or older gals
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

I would like to know where this guy lives and how old he is. Cause as of right now, there is a ton of gold diggers and the only place I got one night stands in the DR are out in small towns(go to a fiesta, you will get eye raped). I highly doubt it he is getting calls from 30 girls a day. Cause word would spread among the girls that he is seeing them all and a Dominican women is very dangerous when jealous(except they are all from different towns). I think they are hookers and hey, it's a way of life here. Just don't fall in love with them and think you can save a hoe. I go with, if you ain't f***ing them, someone else is.

I'm with Rock.
Pinaylover
Freshman Poster

Post by Pinaylover »

Adama wrote:I need to find a buddy who will go to be to Colombia or Brazil, where it's dangerous but the women are hot and as cheap as DR.

I am down...
Dark_Sol
Freshman Poster

Post by Dark_Sol »

I'll join.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Why is it that Dominican women fall in love so easily? I chatted with a few who fell in love with me just through correspondence. We hadn't even chatted with a webcam yet! What gives them the idea that I would spend thousands of dollars to spend an entire week with a woman who I've never even met before? These were women in their 30s and 40s, too. How can you reach that age and still be so naive?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Hero wrote:Why is it that Dominican women fall in love so easily? I chatted with a few who fell in love with me just through correspondence. We hadn't even chatted with a webcam yet! What gives them the idea that I would spend thousands of dollars to spend an entire week with a woman who I've never even met before? These were women in their 30s and 40s, too. How can you reach that age and still be so naive?
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh STFU! #BeansStayInTheJar
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I think Hero would have difficulty finding his d*ck in the dark. He makes some assine assumptions I don't see how you guys can take him seriously at all.

DR women fall in love easily? Look man just file a K1 for one of these women and get it over with. You barely know what you're doing and either way its going to end badly.

If you spend thousands of dollars on any woman you're a fool. You haven't even gone down there yet, how would you know ANYTHING AT ALL?

As was explained on page 2, women in their 30's are used up already. The majority have kids. The ones with degrees and good jobs want the complete package (looks, status, wealth). If you only meet one of those, you are SOL; DR has lower requirements however and that's why its likely it would be easier to date a 30 something, attractive, educated and childless woman from DR (or Latin America in general) than from say NYC.

However the half your age + seven rule only works overseas these days. 99% of American women will not tolerate a 14 year age difference. Wait, scratch that, 99% of childless, never married, educated women in America will not tolerate a fairly large age gap like that.

I agree with EZ, most immigrant women are less worse than native born women for variety of reasons. The reason its only 50% better Irizarry its because busted down simps have burned down these women with their bullsh*t. So whatever naively positive thoughts they had about American men goes right down the tube.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

djfourmoney wrote:....I agree with EZ, most immigrant women are less worse than native born women for variety of reasons. The reason its only 50% better Irizarry its because busted down simps have burned down these women with their bullsh*t. So whatever naively positive thoughts they had about American men goes right down the tube.
Yeah a lot of it has to do with that and with neo-feminism too.