How to find girls on VK?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
seeking007
Freshman Poster

How to find girls on VK?

Post by seeking007 »

I heard some guys having luck finding girls on VK but I am not sure how you do this? I just made a profile with some pictures. Now what?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Huddo
Freshman Poster

Re: How to find girls on VK?

Post by Huddo »

I’ve been a member of VK (Russian facebook) for years. About 5 years ago I heard of guys using It to meet women, but from what I was told, most Russian women thought having random strangers stalk their profiles to see if they were single, then be sent a message was creepy. All that happened to most men who tried this was they were blocked after being called desperate losers, because only a small percentage would contemplate dating a foreigner.

If you want to meet Russian women for free, try fdating.com, but you need to do your research first. Russian dating has many pitfalls. What’s your experience with this form of dating?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Huddo wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 4:21 am
I’ve been a member of VK (Russian facebook) for years. About 5 years ago I heard of guys using It to meet women, but from what I was told, most Russian women thought having random strangers stalk their profiles to see if they were single, then be sent a message was creepy. All that happened to most men who tried this was they were blocked after being called desperate losers, because only a small percentage would contemplate dating a foreigner.

If you want to meet Russian women for free, try fdating.com, but you need to do your research first. Russian dating has many pitfalls. What’s your experience with this form of dating?
I do not use Facebook to meet women. But I have gotten to make a lot of Facebook 'friends' that are only friends from participating on a forum or through pages people comment on. If I were single and looking, I could probably turn some kind of conversation in a forum into an offline chat that got friendly. I do get spam from girls in bikinis with some of the same messages about sex or prostitution or messages from models or actresses trying to build up likes from a fan base. I delete the friend requests from anything sexually-oriented that I spot, though I often just ignore friend requests.

Does VK have discussion forums? I suppose one would have to know Russian to participate.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Post by Huddo »

MrMan wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 6:20 am
Huddo wrote:
November 7th, 2021, 4:21 am

I do not use Facebook to meet women. But I have gotten to make a lot of Facebook 'friends' that are only friends from participating on a forum or through pages people comment on. If I were single and looking, I could probably turn some kind of conversation in a forum into an offline chat that got friendly. I do get spam from girls in bikinis with some of the same messages about sex or prostitution or messages from models or actresses trying to build up likes from a fan base. I delete the friend requests from anything sexually-oriented that I spot, though I often just ignore friend requests.

Does VK have discussion forums? I suppose one would have to know Russian to participate.

VK has discussion groups like Facebook and you can translate comments. I’ve been in a few Russian mingle / dating type groups with Russian
men and women. Most of the foreign guys who used it as a way to meet, hit on, message Russian women got kicked out quickly because basically all the women had no interest in dating outside of Russia. This is the problem with the scam romance industry -: Their propaganda makes it sound like there’s hundreds of thousands of FSU women desperate to marry western men, but in reality there are only a very small percentage of genuine women actually interested in marrying abroad and most of those are 35+, with the bulk being over 40. That’s the age group that actually outnumber men and face a life alone due to local men seeing them in a negative light... older women who never married, older divorced and older single mothers all face this stigma based on negative social and cultural reasons.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

I was active on VK a few years ago. My messages in English all got moderated out, so I gave up and just use Tinder now.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

MatureDJ wrote:
January 15th, 2022, 11:27 am
I was active on VK a few years ago. My messages in English all got moderated out, so I gave up and just use Tinder now.
Any success with Tinder? What age range do you target? How do you open your messages?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

I have had some success, but I seem to attract the crazies.