What are some reputable matchmakers/dating agencies in Eastern Europe

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
seeking007
Freshman Poster

What are some reputable matchmakers/dating agencies in Eastern Europe

Post by seeking007 »

I am looking for reputable matchmaking services in Eastern Europe. More specifically the lesser-known smaller sort of mom and pop agencies, not the large commercialized ones everyone knows about.
Huddo
Freshman Poster

Re: What are some reputable matchmakers/dating agencies in Eastern Europe

Post by Huddo »

I’d stay well clear of all agencies. Usually they just have Prodaters on their books. In my experience successful men use fdating and it’s sister site Russian dating or the monthly subscription site dmnotify or the more expensive Elena’s models. Pretty much the rest of are scam PPL sites.

Watch for email scammers. Regular video chat is your best tool to identify genuine women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Many years ago, maybe 10 years, my wife was apartment shopping in a certain US city while I was busy. She'd find them, and I'd check them out with her. In this city, there was a line for apartments, a landlord's market. One of the couples looking was an American man with a Russian woman. My wife befriended them and later the wife showed up at a party we all went to. (This lady might be Urkanian. I am not sure.)

I had a conversation with the woman as to how she came to the US. Her husband had gone to Russia as a single man trying to find a wife. Someone she knew told her about it and he hired her as a translator and travelled around. He met a woman there, who wasn't as interested as he had thought, and she showed him around the city. Toward the end of his trip, he proposed to her. She introduced him to her parents, and her parents were cool with it. She said something about his father' straightening up his jacket as he went out into the cold. I don't remember how long they had been together or how their marriage was going. She was a nice-looking woman, maybe an 8, thin and tall. I think a marriage like that can work out if both of them committed and really believed in doing what they should in a marriage.

I suspect Russians, or at least her, tend to be a lot more 'practical' about marriage. In the US, people think they have to feel a certain way, date a certain period of time, etc. to get married. The downside is some people think they 'don't have a marriage' if the feelings don't stay the same-- which is a dangerous situation to get in if your partner feels that way and you are in it for the long haul. In some cultures, people who marry like this may know what is expected and either do not think the feelings and building up a relationship first is important, or else expect this to come later as they work on it. When I was in South Korea, a sizeable portion of the married population had been matched up, and they had lower divorce rates than the couples who had found each other through dating. But it was pretty common for those who found each other in college to do so by being matched up by 'seniors' on blind dates until they found someone. A 'senior' is a fellow student who is at least a year older.

I am not sure I get the appeal of Eastern Europe as a center for finding a wife. Maybe it is a source of hotter looking women because American women tend to be 20 or 30 pounds overweight. I grew up during the Cold War era and heard descriptions of Russians since. I heard Russia had a huge problem with very promiscuous youth. The divorce rates are high, but not as high as our own. It sounds like our own social problems, but some of them may be less intense than the west. Communist philosophy is also very toxic, but they have been away from that for a generation or two. And radical feminist philosophy, which seems to be a variant of the toxic Communist philosophy might be more widespread in the US, Canada, UK, etc.

Ethnic-wise, as far as looks go, Eastern Europe has a lot of white people, like the US. Both countries have Scandinavian-looking women in the pool of single women. We do not have as many Slavs, but do they have a distinctive look. There is also Asian admixture in parts of Russia. I'm thinking its the 20 or 30 pounds less fat that's the draw, maybe. In spite of the Communist philosophy, I also get the impression that Russian men can be kind of tough and machismo and the women may be more used to the man being in charge, which is good for an American who wants to be in charge and can fit comfortably in that role.

Religion-wise, if someone were Eastern Orthodox looking for another Eastern Orthodox, Russia would offer a larger pool to choose from, especially if one were looking for a more northern European look.

My wife is Asian, Indonesian to be a little more precise. There are a number of Asian cultures that are traditional when it comes to marriage, and some with lower divorce rates than the US or Russia. But if you go East in Asia, you can't find local white women, if that is one's taste.
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

The thing is theres so many that hold up their end of the bargain of bringing you an educated, pretty lady

The issue is whether or not that educated, pretty lady has fallen on hard times and is just scamming you.... I mean a lot of you are probably thinking will no shit thats a risk but I feel like its the norm in 2021 and not even the exception anymore

Unless you're looking for a mutually beneficial, understanding relationship, I wouldnt even bother
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer