Will Answer All Questions

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Will Answer All Questions

Post by sharpbws »

My name is Brad Sharp. I originally joined the group to defend my good reputation against all the lies, attacks and fabrications that were being spread by the "Winston bashers" in the flaming section of this site.

Since I have made over 17 trips to Russia since April 2000 and am happily married to a wonderful lady for over 5 years, Winston asked me to stick around and answer any questions you might have about travel to Russia, courtship of Russian women and the fiancee visa process.

I do know quite a bit about nightlife in Moscow and can provide some insight in that regard if any of you are interested. Have a questions, just ask.

Regards,
:-)
Brad
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

OK, I think a good beginning would be:

How different is the Russia that you saw from the Hollywood Russia ( the poor Asian country same as Bangladesh or Cambodia, that has no electricity and no cars, no TV, from which all people want to escape and move to the US). What surprised you when you went there? I mean, you thought it was going to be like 'this', but it turned out to be like 'that'.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Did you find Russian woman to be far more approachable in public areas--like on the river front, parks, restaurants etc? How much do you attribute that to you're being a novelty and you're being perceived as a affluent american.

Are there social circles more open, in your view?

Do you have any experience in other European countries?
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Post by sharpbws »

OK, I think a good beginning would be: How different is the Russia that you saw from the Hollywood Russia ( the poor Asian country same as Bangladesh or Cambodia, that has no electricity and no cars, no TV, from which all people want to escape and move to the US). What surprised you when you went there? I mean, you thought it was going to be like 'this', but it turned out to be like 'that'.
I guess I'd have to say there is a big difference between the Russia of my early visits and the Russia of today. During my early visits, especially away from Moscow and Peter, there was MUCH hardship. People worked weeks and months without being paid a salary while their boss financed a new house for himself with the money he should have been paying his employees.

The oliarchs and former communist party intelligenza robbing their country blind and enriching themselves at the expense of their fellow citizens.

A crumbling and decaying infastructure. The people had no hope for a better tomorrow. That's why the mail-order bride insdustry flouished from 1993-2002. Ladies were willing to trade their youth and beauty in exchange for marriage to a much older gentleman with little personality or socail skills to make him attractive for the opportunity for a better life for themselves and their children in the west.

Now thanks primarily to the hyper price increases in oil in the past 3 years, the outlook in Russia has improved tremendously. People are earning decent salaries, the infrastructure is being repaired or replaced, building and construction seems unlimited. The people have hope and optimism in their future.

Accordingly, ladies are no longer anxious to immigrate to the west with a man old enough to be their father.

Prostitution shows this trend very clearly. The only time in my life I hired a prostitute in Russia was during my April 2000 trip. The price was $50 for the entire night (the best $50 I've ever spent in my life I might add). Now I understand in the exact same bar, the going rate is $400 for the entire night. Nothing expresses the self-worth of people in a country better than the price of their whores. With an 800% increase in 7 years, the Russian self-worth has definitely increased!

My biggest mistake. Back in 2000, I had the opportunity to buy a two bedroom apartment right on Tverskaya 17 (only about 1200 meters from the Kremlin) for $42,500. I can only shudder to think what that apartment would sell for today.
Brad
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Post by sharpbws »

Did you find Russian woman to be far more approachable in public areas--like on the river front, parks, restaurants etc? How much do you attribute that to you're being a novelty and you're being perceived as a affluent american.
Winston seemed to have some luck with that approach. I made almost all my serious dating contacts with ladies listed at agencies.

Back in 2000, at wild night clubs like The Hungry Duck, picking up a hot your deyv was relatively easy - even for a fat, balding middle-aged man like myself. They were curious about the west and anxious to exchange their youth and beauty for the luxuries our western $$$ could afford them. A couple nights of unlimited sex in exchange for a meal at a trendy restaurant they'd need to save 6 months salary to afford was a good deal for them. Mark Ames in his book "The Exile: Sex, Drugs, and Libel in the New Russia" called it "The White God Factor" {Chapter 6}

But those days, regrettably are long gone. Being a western man is hardly a novelty - especially in Moscow and Peter. In fact, in most cases it actually works against you now instead of for you.
Brad
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Welcome Brad.

Everyone, I've known Brad for years. Even though he does sort of come across as arrogant and an obnoxious know-it-all at times, he does have a solid pattern of giving practical realistic no-bull information that is very useful. So he is definitely worth listening to, even if I don't always agree with him.

During my long trips to Russia, he sort of was one of my advisors. Even though he was hard on me at times, he always had my best interest at heart. And unlike my bashers, he never once enjoyed or reveled seeing me go down or making bad choices.

So his heart and intentions are in the right place at least.

In addition, he is happily married with a wonderful wife and step-daughter, whom I've met before too.

To Brad:

Even though you admit too, that Russia has changed a lot and is no longer as great for single American men as it was before, are you still recommending people go there to find a wife or engage in sex tourism? Or are you recommending other countries now?

And to the disgruntled men who didn't succeed that well in Russia, what other countries do you recommend for them? What about Ukraine?

Also, Ladislav's question to you was about the Hollywood image of Russia vs. the real Russia, not about the past Russia vs. the present Russia. Maybe you misread that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Mark Ames in his book "The Exile: Sex, Drugs, and Libel in the New Russia" called it "The White God Factor" {Chapter 6}
He actually called it a White God Factor? I think "White God" is a name that is sometimes applied to how people from the so -called non-White countries view tourists from the West. You know, if white people end up in Africa or among natives in Latin America or among SE Asians who all think they are rich and famous and all powerful.

But to be a White God in...Russia? A Slavic/ Scandinavian based country with people whiter than in the US or even the UK? Where did he go to? Tartaria?

As far as the window of opportunity closing, that should be true. Such things have happened before: in Japan and Germany after WW2 and even the UK, Americans were swaggering around with local girls and bringing back War brides and everything was dandy. Until the economy had improved, that is.

They had the comparative advantage. These Cold War brides have also been a temporary phenomenon. Now, if you are an American and want to get German, Japanese British and now Russian girls, you will have to get in line and court them on their terms, possibly in their language/according to their customs. And that is just as well, because now love will have to be earned
on equal terms, and not confused with desperation of a drowing damsel in distress catching at a fat middle aged straw.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Post by sharpbws »

He actually called it a White God Factor? I think "White God" is a name that is sometimes applied to how people from the so -called non-White countries view tourists from the West. You know, if white people end up in Africa or among natives in Latin America or among SE Asians who all think they are rich and famous and all powerful.

But to be a White God in...Russia? A Slavic/ Scandinavian based country with people whiter than in the US or even the UK? Where did he go to? Tartaria?
I think he was referring to the conquistidors in Mexico. When they first arrived the native people considered them "white gods", all the while the spaniards raped, pillaged and despoiled everything they held dear.
Brad
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Post by sharpbws »

During my long trips to Russia, he sort of was one of my advisors. Even though he was hard on me at times, he always had my best interest at heart. And unlike my bashers, he never once enjoyed or reveled seeing me go down or making bad choices.
I TRIED to be your advisor, but you didn't listen to me very much. In fact you almost always did the exact opposite of what I recommended; usually ending up in disaster.

When I originally tried to help you, my initial impression was that you were looking for a life partner. I came to discover you were actually only out to have sex with as many hot out-of-your-league Russian women you possibly could. You were a sex tourist, plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that mind you so long as you are honest about your intentions with the girls you meet. But you were never honest with your intentions with the girls you met.

Problem is Winston, you would do anything, say anything or screw over anybody in order to obtain immediate gratification for your sexual urges. Then because you had such low self-esteem, you'd try to build it up by having sex with women completely "out-of-you-league" and then bragging about your "conquests" all over the internet in an attempt to garner respect from others.

I know of one instance where one of my agency owner friends in Volgograd fixed you up with a very nice attractive girl (Olga). You went out on a date and she actually allowed you to have sex with her that evening. It wasn't 3 hours later that you were bragging about your "conquest" and even posting pictures of her on the various discussion groups. How many guys do you think want to marry a girl that you had sex with? Of course she refused to see you again and she left the agency soon afterwards and gave up her dream of a western husband.

Another agency owner really tried to help you find a suitable lady for a long term relationship. For the princely total sum of $100 he asked you to select 25 girls from his site and he would select 75 girls. He then had his staff contact ALL 100 girls to ask them if they'd be willing to seriously date an asian man. Only about 15 agreed. You then selected 5 that you wanted to meet. You met two and blew off the third after being a no-show for three scheduled dates with either a last minute cancellation (less than 15 minutes until date time) or without the courtesy of a call at all.

What was your excuse for such rude behavior? You met a common street whore (Natalia) who you were sure was your "dream angel" and you pursued her until she realized you didn't have any money and she dumped you just before you were scheduled to leave town.

And then, after he did all that work on your behalf, you had the nerve to insist my agency owner friend "owed" you 3 meetings when you re-visited the city in the NEXT YEAR. When he refused, you bashed him all over the internet for being dishonest.

I WAS hard on you because when you acted like an ass, I called you an ass. When you acted like a cheapskate, I called you a cheapskate. When you acted like a jerk, I called you a jerk. When you were rude, I told you you were rude. I was hoping to shame you into taking a good hard look at yourself and the way you treated others. I failed in this task.

You always seemed to have some ridiculous reason to try to rationalize your inappropriate behavior. The situation with your "fiancee" in YO was the last straw. Finally after you refused to change your horrible behavior I just gave up on you.

You're not a bad person inside Winston. But you are very self-centered, selfish, cheap and have very serious self-esteem problems.
Brad
sharpbws
Freshman Poster

Post by sharpbws »

sharpbws wrote:
I TRIED to be your advisor, but you didn't listen to me very much. In fact you almost always did the exact opposite of what I recommended; and by following your own f***ed-up plan the consequence usually ending up in total disaster.

When I originally tried to help you, my initial impression was that you were looking for a life partner. I came to discover you were actually only out to have sex with as many hot out-of-your-league Russian women you possibly could. You were a sex tourist, plain and simple. Nothing wrong with that mind you so long as you are honest about your intentions with the girls you meet. But you were never honest with your intentions with the girls you met.

Problem is Winston, you would do anything, say anything or screw over anybody in order to obtain immediate gratification for your sexual urges. Then because you had such low self-esteem, you'd try to build it up by having sex with women completely "out-of-you-league" and then bragging about your "conquests" all over the internet in an attempt to garner respect from others.

I know of one instance where one of my agency owner friends in Volgograd fixed you up with a very nice attractive girl (Olga). You went out on a date and she actually allowed you to have sex with her that evening. It wasn't 3 hours later that you were bragging about your "conquest" and even posting pictures of her on the various discussion groups. How many guys do you think want to marry a girl that you had sex with? Of course she refused to see you again and she left the agency soon afterwards and gave up her dream of a western husband.

Another agency owner really tried to help you find a suitable lady for a long term relationship. For the princely total sum of $100 he asked you to select 25 girls from his site and he would select 75 girls. He then had his staff contact ALL 100 girls to ask them if they'd be willing to seriously date an asian man. Only about 15 agreed. You then selected 5 that you wanted to meet. You met two and blew off the third after being a no-show for three scheduled dates with either a last minute cancellation (less than 10-15 minutes until date time) or without the courtesy of a call at all.

What was your excuse for such rude behavior? You met a common street whore (Natalia) who you were sure was your "dream angel" and you pursued her until she realized you didn't have any money and she dumped you just before you were scheduled to leave town.

And then, after he did all that work on your behalf, you had the nerve to insist my agency owner friend "owed" you 3 meetings when you re-visited the city in the NEXT YEAR. When he refused, you bashed him all over the internet for being dishonest.

I WAS hard on you because when you acted like an ass, I called you an ass. When you acted like a cheapskate, I called you a cheapskate. When you acted like a jerk, I called you a jerk. When you were rude, I told you you were rude. I was hoping to shame you into taking a good hard look at yourself and the way you treated others. I failed in this task.

You always seemed to have some ridiculous reason to try to rationalize your inappropriate behavior. The situation with your "fiancee" in YO was the last straw. Finally after watching you repeat the same misakes over and over and over I finally just gave up on trying to help you.

You're not a bad person inside Winston. But you are very self-centered, selfish, cheap and have very serious self-esteem problems.
Brad
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

sharpbws wrote:
I TRIED to be your advisor, but you didn't listen to me very much. In fact you almost always did the exact opposite of what I recommended; usually ending up in disaster.

Another agency owner really tried to help you find a suitable lady for a long term relationship. For the princely total sum of $100 he asked you to select 25 girls from his site and he would select 75 girls. He then had his staff contact ALL 100 girls to ask them if they'd be willing to seriously date an asian man. Only about 15 agreed. You then selected 5 that you wanted to meet. You met two and blew off the third after being a no-show for three scheduled dates with either a last minute cancellation (less than 15 minutes until date time) or without the courtesy of a call at all.

You always seemed to have some ridiculous reason to try to rationalize your inappropriate behavior. The situation with your "fiancee" in YO was the last straw. Finally after you refused to change your horrible behavior I just gave up on you.

W: Brad, don't distort that history. I DID listen to your advice, but I am not required to obey it since you are not my *commanding officer*. lol I did what you told me to do with Katya, remember? And it backfired. But it did get rid of her. But she didn't give in to the ultimatum you thought she would.

I had sex with Olga in Volgograd on the 2nd date, not first. You have no proof why she was cold with me the next day. At that time, I hadn't posted anything about her yet, so your theory isn't correct.

Why can't I search for a wife and have sex at the same time? These Russian girls just wanted to talk and make me spend money most of the time. I did nothing wrong to deserve that. And most guys, even tall good looking white guys, report the same experiences to me. The problem wasn't me, apparently. I've received plenty of confirmation on that.

How can you defend Jack? He cheated me on our deal. Everyone but you could see that. And he pretended amnesia too. He was in the wrong. That was a certainty.

Thanks for the subjective adjectives about me. But remember, they are only your opinion, not objective fact.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

By the way Brad, the truth is, I didn't really do anything "wrong" in Russia. It just wasn't meant to be. And when it's not meant to be, it doesn't matter if you follow all the right techniques and methods suggested by others. Things won't pan out either way. There is a higher order of things that the human mind doesn't see. That much I've learned in my humble spiritual quest for truth.
Chemist
Freshman Poster

Post by Chemist »

There is a higher order of things that the human mind doesn't see. That much I've learned in my humble spiritual quest for truth.

Every once in a while, I read something so absurd that I have to read it ten times to make sure I didn't misread it.

Winston, do you deny saying this to me in our "Winston's Challenge to Chemist Thread"

"One more thing. Yes I have exaggerated in the past. The girls in my Russian photo collage, yes not all of them I dated, but some of them I did date, and thus I made the claim "look at all the women I've dated", making it sound like I dated all of them. It is an exaggeration, not outright lie. "

How does exaggerating you success in Russia on the internet square up with your "humble spiritual quest for truth"? This is not being humble or truthful.

And this passage illustrates that you are willing to redefine what truth means as it suits your purpose.

Sorry Alice, this is not Wonderland and words mean what they mean, not what you choose them to mean.

By the way Brad, the truth is, I didn't really do anything "wrong" in Russia.

Winston, you'll need to forgive the forum participants. They seem to have this odd, close-minded view that cheating on a fiancee is "wrong" (in Russia and the Phillipines). By all means, cheat away in the comfort of knowing that it is "enlightenment".

And when it's not meant to be, it doesn't matter if you follow all the right techniques and methods suggested by others.

Well, I don't know exactly what advice others have given you.

But I did advise being more diplomatic with Dianne's aunt and making sure that your child gets the best education and healthcare possible.

You seem to be ignoring it.

When you fail at mending relationships with Dianne's aunt and your child is living in squalor, will you come to this board (if it lasts that long) and tell us that it "wasn't meant to be" and that "it doesn't matter if you follow the techniques of others".

Then why ask for the advice in the first place?

Take my word for it Wu. I'll make this prediction right now.

The growing rift between you and Dianne's aunt will culminate in an Olympian-sized smack-down by Zeus himself. You will end up homeless and without a child and without a fiancee.

What will be your reasoning then? Especially since you still have the opportunity to mitigate the disaster. But you don't have much time left.
There is no sense complaining. Half of the people you talk to won't care. The other half will think you deserved it!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Chemist wrote:There is a higher order of things that the human mind doesn't see. That much I've learned in my humble spiritual quest for truth.

Every once in a while, I read something so absurd that I have to read it ten times to make sure I didn't misread it.

Winston, do you deny saying this to me in our "Winston's Challenge to Chemist Thread"

"One more thing. Yes I have exaggerated in the past. The girls in my Russian photo collage, yes not all of them I dated, but some of them I did date, and thus I made the claim "look at all the women I've dated", making it sound like I dated all of them. It is an exaggeration, not outright lie. "

How does exaggerating you success in Russia on the internet square up with your "humble spiritual quest for truth"? This is not being humble or truthful.

And this passage illustrates that you are willing to redefine what truth means as it suits your purpose.

Sorry Alice, this is not Wonderland and words mean what they mean, not what you choose them to mean.

By the way Brad, the truth is, I didn't really do anything "wrong" in Russia.

Winston, you'll need to forgive the forum participants. They seem to have this odd, close-minded view that cheating on a fiancee is "wrong" (in Russia and the Phillipines). By all means, cheat away in the comfort of knowing that it is "enlightenment".

And when it's not meant to be, it doesn't matter if you follow all the right techniques and methods suggested by others.

Well, I don't know exactly what advice others have given you.

But I did advise being more diplomatic with Dianne's aunt and making sure that your child gets the best education and healthcare possible.

You seem to be ignoring it.

When you fail at mending relationships with Dianne's aunt and your child is living in squalor, will you come to this board (if it lasts that long) and tell us that it "wasn't meant to be" and that "it doesn't matter if you follow the techniques of others".

Then why ask for the advice in the first place?

Take my word for it Wu. I'll make this prediction right now.

The growing rift between you and Dianne's aunt will culminate in an Olympian-sized smack-down by Zeus himself. You will end up homeless and without a child and without a fiancee.

What will be your reasoning then? Especially since you still have the opportunity to mitigate the disaster. But you don't have much time left.
W: Another dumb post Chemist. Exaggerating one's dating success has NOTHING to do with a spiritual quest. Only YOU are equating the two, not me. You are being illogical again as usual.

Just because I exaggerate doesn't mean that I am not on a spiritual quest. We all have faults. Most guys in America exaggerate, so what? That doesn't discredit me.

Why am I wasting my @#$% precious time arguing with you about nonsensical things again?

Your prediction is wrong. I told you that the basher's predictions have been wrong the majority of the time. So they mean nothing. Meanwhile, my consultant's prediction turned out to be right. He said that these things tend to pan out with Filipino families, and he was right. Dianne said that her aunt is over the issue now. Only you and the bashers are still hung up on it. Are you deaf? I already announced on the board that the issue with the aunt was resolved. It's only an issue still in your head.

In any case, your opinions are WORTHLESS Chemist.

I said before that you were a fraud, because I've met thousands of people in my life, and can recognize a BSer when I see one.

Tell me this Chemist, why should I even believe that you are a Chemist? Why are you not one of the countless BSers on the internet who talk big but can't show anything in real life? What separates you from them? You just talk. I see no proof that you are credible or that any of your claims about yourself are even true. For all we know, you could just be another internet BSer.

I recognize the way BSers talk, and you talk like one, so I pegged you as one. Probably you aren't even a professional chemist in real life. You just talk and talk with no proof and no substance.

I haven't checked your answers to my ultimatum yet. But let me tell you, if they contain nothing substantive and if you didn't answer my questions directly, then I see no use in having you here other than wasting my time, and I will have to either ignore you or ban you.

You have not made any valid points at all. You haven't helped anyone. Nor are you contributing anything good or useful. You are merely wasting my time with tedious arguments.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WWu777 wrote:By the way Brad, the truth is, I didn't really do anything "wrong" in Russia. It just wasn't meant to be. And when it's not meant to be, it doesn't matter if you follow all the right techniques and methods suggested by others. Things won't pan out either way. There is a higher order of things that the human mind doesn't see. That much I've learned in my humble spiritual quest for truth.
W: Let me clarify the situation above. Brad's friend and partner Jack ran an agency in Volgograd long ago. I paid $100 for five introductions. When I was in Volgograd, I got 2 or 3 of the introductions. Before I left, I asked Jack if I could have the remaining 2 or 3 introductions on my next trip here. He agreed. But on my next trip to Volgograd, he suddenly said he didn't remember telling me that, and that I had no remaining introductions left as they all expired since my last trip. He jipped me and our deal as well as my money. It was a clear and simple jip and fraud. Even my enemy Dave Fuller admitted that Jack conned me.

Furthermore, Jack faked letters from Russian women saying that they didn't want to meet me anymore. 10 or 20 letters he had. It was obvious that he was BSing. Russian women, even if they don't like me, have no problem giving me their number and meeting me. But I'm supposed to believe that every girl in his agency suddenly said they didn't want to meet me anymore?

Then he assassinated my character, even though I did nothing wrong, based on nothing but hearsay from Jack. Apparently, if I pay Jack again, he has no problem with my "character" but if I don't, then he does. Go figure.

Everyone who goes to Russia bangs women and brags about it. The fact that I did that a few times makes me nothing different.

Later on, Jack's Russian fiancee betrayed him by seizing all his assets and taking over the agency, in a classic coup etat. Poor fella, but he was a scumbag in ways too.

Brad, how is Jack doing these days? Did he set up another agency?

Anyway, those are the facts of the situation. I wish Brad was more open minded and logical to accept the facts instead of distorting them.