World Lotteries: which to play?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
martincaro
Freshman Poster

World Lotteries: which to play?

Post by martincaro »

Do you guys play the lottery and if yes which ones?
I don't consider myself a gambler, but I like to buy lottery tickets whenever I travel
(I like the idea of winning the lottery in some other country just being there for 48hrs or so).
Do you do this kind of stuff or dream of winning the lottery? If so what lotteries do you play?
and reasons (odds, cheaper, etc)
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Save the money and put it into interest bearing assets. Besides, foreigners can't always claim prizes in foreign countries.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Lotteries are just a tax on people who don't understand mathematics.

Don't gamble. Learn to play poker well and you can extract money from poker games.
martincaro
Freshman Poster

Post by martincaro »

xiongmao wrote:Save the money and put it into interest bearing assets. Besides, foreigners can't always claim prizes in foreign countries.
Uhm, you are right that seems the case for National Lottery in U.K.

FAQs: "Can I play the National Lottery from overseas? No, in order to play the National Lottery you need to be a resident of the UK or the Isle of Man at all times and must be physically located there to collect any prizes you win. Failure to meet this rule will result in your ticket purchase being declared invalid and no prizes will be paid" ( source: http://www.uklotto.info/faqs-rules ).

But I played Christmas Lottery in Spain last December and won 100 euros. I just went to the store and they paid me the prize in cash no residence asked.