American man ridiculed for marrying Filipina "too hot" for him

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

American man ridiculed for marrying Filipina "too hot" for him

Post by publicduende »

One of the stories we should be getting used to. That any man, even those with several physical disabilities or disfigurements, can find a young Filipina to love them and be with them, it's an established fact.

That the usual social media crowd is always there, ready to add cruel footnotes to whatever success stories these man have to share, is something that surprises even me.

https://usa.inquirer.net/113537/america ... ot-for-him

By the way, she is not even that hot TBH. She is a dime-a-dozen girl from the province, a "solid 5" as some would put it :)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: American man ridiculed for marrying Filipina "too hot" for him

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 12:18 am
She's average with the heavy make-up and painted-on-eyebrows but I'd like to see her in the early morning sans make-up for an honest assessment... she's average indeed, but barely.

And I'm not sure if I even buy her claim of not being after the guy's money or greencard since she messaged him first on Facebook, completely out of the blue, and it is obvious from the guy's pictures that he's unwell and may not be long for this world. Still its kinda mean... but they do the opposite, too; if you are a handsome man and your female partner is less attractive as you are. This is the way of the world, sadly. People are mean creatures.
@MarcosZeitola, my good buddy and wingman every time we hit the Cynicism Fair :D

As she explains on YT, she was a modest call centre agent for Teleperformance, probably not even in Manila (Cebu? Davao?), making $400 a month. She had probably been on the prowl for an American guy to hook up with and get out of Shittyland for some time. As we learn, he was the only one she searched up on Facebook...or not? He was probably the only one who actually sounded serious about visiting her in the Philippines...or maybe not, we'll never know. :)

During the painful and distressing distance relationship, I am sure, she was able to virtually explore every nook and cranny of the frankly quite decent home he's got over there, in Texas. Maybe he is an IT guy, somebody making $100K a month, at least, or maybe family-rich. For a chubby, acne-ridden, flat-nosed morena like her, a dream come true. Marriage proposal, living in the US, no prenup I am dead sure. Maybe she found out that his disease doesn't leave him much to live, or maybe not. Either way, she living an upper-middle class life, no need to work, plenty of time to twerk on TikTok, plenty to be thankful for.

She isn't the first, she won't be the last. I wish them well but, as people say, sometimes reality f**kin' gets in the way of a good story.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 12:57 am
I'm genuinely happy the guy found someone despite looking like he recently survived Auschwitz, but I gotta say I see little reason not to be cynical lol. They all win, in this scenario, though. So that's kinda neat.
I think it's a good story to show the various incels in here, with expectations bars high up in the stratosphere, that everybody gets somebody at least loving and caring from a Philippine experience. Sitting on their asses and moaning, while daydreaming about harems of model-looking virgins, ain't gonna help them.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 1:33 am
Some men would rather die alone with their dong in their hand and a computer screen their sole companion, rather than settle for less than the high school dream of "perfection" they have conjured up in their minds. No use in trying to talk sense into them... but it is rather sad. You can get quite close to reaching dreams with little effort. But not with zero effort. Even in the good old days they so admire, success and hot brides were not handed out like candy in the streets.
If I may add, the biggest problem of these people is that they can't size up their dreams. If my childhood dream had been to become an astronaut (it was not, obviously), growing up I should have known that I had to train as a jet pilot first. And that dream is simply not at everybody's arm's length. You can be the most genius engineer in the world, if you don't comply with certain physical and physiological requirements, goodbye. Your dream is over and you'd be better off replacing it with another, smaller, more "affordable" dream, lest be frustrated forever.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

We'll look from guys view: before it was only his hand and p0rn. Noe he has this "hot" girlfriend he would never get in a million years in USA. yes she was on the hunt for a weak American man, an incel to have as partner, and yes he is weak and sick but still she must like her life now more than province life. So in the end they are happy. Its possibly also likely he has supported her family a bit. But all in all, if his life is shorter than average, let him enjoy it more
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

Do think the guy is probably in IT or something else technical, with his life, he has it good. Has a good salary and she likes him for being young over the old 2x divorced men of 40-60yo she must have previously talked to. Really happy for him. His family is happy he has found someone who is healthy young and beautiful and loves him.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I only watched 10seconds of the video, so o don't know the whole story. If and when she decides to get pregnant, she will almost certainly cheat. Personally, if I was that guy, I'd actually drive her myself to another town on Friday afternoon while she was fertile, rent a motel for the weekend, encourage her to get pregnant with the best looking above-average intelligence man (or men if she wants to try several guys) she can find at the local nightclub or while walking around in the day (just make sure he's white), then drive her back on Sunday, because I smart sure wouldn't want a child looking like me if I was that guy.

If she cheats with a guy she knows in the town where they live, she might fall in love and then it's a sad story of divorce rape and milking this poor ex-husband for child support without giving companionship or anything else in exchange.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 3:28 am
I only watched 10seconds of the video, so o don't know the whole story. If and when she decides to get pregnant, she will almost certainly cheat. Personally, if I was that guy, I'd actually drive her myself to another town on Friday afternoon while she was fertile, rent a motel for the weekend, encourage her to get pregnant with the best looking above-average intelligence man (or men if she wants to try several guys) she can find at the local nightclub or while walking around in the day (just make sure he's white), then drive her back on Sunday, because I smart sure wouldn't want a child looking like me if I was that guy.

If she cheats with a guy she knows in the town where they live, she might fall in love and then it's a sad story of divorce rape and milking this poor ex-husband for child support without giving companionship or anything else in exchange.
Whatever of these outcomes will happen, I am sure the guy will be happy anyway. Companionship and at least the semblance of love, even for a few short years, is better than complete solitude, feeling his own physical limitations like an insurmountable curse.
Last edited by publicduende on October 18th, 2022, 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
October 18th, 2022, 4:27 am
I told @Tsar this quite a few times, too; we have our preferences and that's understandable but ultimately, being with someone less-than-ideal is a lot better than never having anyone. At least for the time being. Plus a lot of rich older men had "starter wives"; someone who will do "for now" to be replaced at a later date when ones finances allow it. ;)
Sacrosanct words. And what they say, our heart will grow fond of a not-so-great-looking girl who shows us some genuine love, or at least affection, and it will suffer from a hot girl who clearly doesn't give a darn about us.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

Hello Mr troll! I deleted it. But I do like cookies
Last edited by Jackfruits on October 18th, 2022, 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

That someone is a troll :)
Last edited by publicduende on October 18th, 2022, 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Comment deleted at request of other member to "please ignore trolls"
Last edited by Shemp on October 18th, 2022, 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

Wow funny