Farang tries picking up Japanese chicks

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Farang tries picking up Japanese chicks

Post by MatureDJ »

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Farang tries picking up Japanese chicks

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

That was cringe.....

The awkwardness of inexperience is something most of us grow out of.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

"Kimi kawaii". I'm cringing from behind a face palm. He used a pronoun that a foreigner basically never needs to use, especially not with a stranger.

THAT was his idea of speaking slow English? They were barely communicating. I think this guy has never seriously tried to learn a foreign language before and thus has no appreciation for how hard it is for them to keep up with English at the level he was speaking.

"I gotta go meet my friends but you seem really cool" is such a cringy PUA line. I'd eat my own snot before I'd use that line. Can almost guarantee no Day 2 came of any of his so-called "solid" approaches. With the last girl, maybe, possibly...but not likely.

And what's with using a trick to get their contact on LINE? If she's not interested why would you even want her contact? Just to boast that you have it? He has no awareness that a girl isn't interested. Admittedly, the Japanese cloak their disinterest behind smiles and giggles.

I've cold approached girls in that very same spot, speaking fluent Japanese, both with and without a local wingman, and even then only got a handful of not terribly memorable dates out of it. (And J-girls tend to like my face)

Also, I've watched my local friend who is bilingual and more fearless than myself get shut down hard. Osaka and Tokyo are not recommended for this sort of thing. But if you must do it, don't learn from him. Your PUA shit will not work there.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

The word FARANG is related to Thailand, not to Japan.

The word 君 kimi, -kun (you) cannot be used in that situation. Not even from man to man.

I can only advice you to refrain from such stupid conversation here in Japan.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

flowerthief00 wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 2:20 am
Osaka and Tokyo are not recommended for this sort of thing. But if you must do it, don't learn from him. Your PUA shit will not work there.

too many wealthy women in big cities. these women are a waste of time.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Yohan,
How would you recommend a guy pick up girls in Japan then? What do you say and do?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Winston wrote:
December 1st, 2020, 10:02 pm
Yohan,
How would you recommend a guy pick up girls in Japan then? What do you say and do?
First of all I fully agree with the comment from flowerthief00
100 percent spot on!

Japan is not a place like Thailand or Philippines etc.
To walk around in the streets in Japanese cities and approach unknown Japanese women and try to talk nonsense to them is a way to nowhere.
Post by flowerthief00 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:20 pm

"Kimi kawaii". I'm cringing from behind a face palm. He used a pronoun that a foreigner basically never needs to use, especially not with a stranger.

THAT was his idea of speaking slow English? They were barely communicating. I think this guy has never seriously tried to learn a foreign language before and thus has no appreciation for how hard it is for them to keep up with English at the level he was speaking.

"I gotta go meet my friends but you seem really cool" is such a cringy PUA line. I'd eat my own snot before I'd use that line. Can almost guarantee no Day 2 came of any of his so-called "solid" approaches. With the last girl, maybe, possibly...but not likely.

And what's with using a trick to get their contact on LINE? If she's not interested why would you even want her contact? Just to boast that you have it? He has no awareness that a girl isn't interested. Admittedly, the Japanese cloak their disinterest behind smiles and giggles.

I've cold approached girls in that very same spot, speaking fluent Japanese, both with and without a local wingman, and even then only got a handful of not terribly memorable dates out of it. (And J-girls tend to like my face)

Also, I've watched my local friend who is bilingual and more fearless than myself get shut down hard. Osaka and Tokyo are not recommended for this sort of thing. But if you must do it, don't learn from him. Your PUA shit will not work there.
Just my opinion about meeting Japanese women and my experience so far (not only about myself, but also about my 2 adult daughters),
other people might disagree with me, not sure...

There is no shortage of Japanese young men here in all Japan everywhere and women have plenty of choice, and surely Japanese women do not need foreign men because they want to leave Japan for a better part of this world or because they have no job, no money at all.

Japan in general is not the best place to look for local women as a foreign man, the country is more the opposite - foreign (in general Asian) women married to Japanese men outnumber local women married to foreign men more than 2:1.

Japanese people are group people, all what they do is in a group and this is especially true with women and their gossip is everywhere around and many personal contacts are somehow done because of introduction from somebody else.

To approach directly women in Japan will not work. Also what you might meet on the Japanese internet for direct chat is not the best choice....and be aware, you have to be fairly good in Japanese, most Japanese are not very good in foreign languages. Japanese internet dating is so 50/50 for foreigners...

If you are looking for a Japanese girlfriend or even wife, it takes time. You should know some Japanese, consider to live in Japan at least for a few years, but for this you need a working visa and a job. Without regular income you will be soon out of money.

As a next step you can start talking around - never directly - you talk to any friendly men and women, somebody you know at your workplace or neighborhood or maybe in a school etc. and you tell them something like that you are alone, like to meet any local woman, if they know maybe somebody for you... somehow like that...

In Europe and Northern America, you have to be worried about doing this, people might laugh about you, calling you a loser... etc, but not here in Japan.

If you do this in the right way, a little bit sad and a little bit funny, for sure somebody will show up and tell you he or she or they (remember women are often in groups) come with us, and yes there is some woman, our good friend, who wants to talk to you too, she will also come today etc. etc.
Expect a lot of talk, sometimes it is leading to something and sometimes not...

-------------------------

Another option however, not bad at all, is to look around for a foreign (but Asian) wife, who is not a Japanese. In Japan are about 2 million mostly Asian foreigners and the majority are females - from Philippines, China, Vietnam but I met also women from Myanmar, Cambodia...
Why not?

Any question?