Wealthy Chinese women choosing white sperm donors to have a baby

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Wealthy Chinese women choosing white sperm donors to have a baby

Post by MatureDJ »

https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-w ... erm-donors
Most unmarried women in China are unable to access fertility treatment and sperm banks at home
Successful women who don’t wish to marry turn instead to Western sperm donors, picking them from catalogues before going overseas for IVF treatment
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The wealthy single Chinese women choosing white sperm donors to have a baby – they want a family but not a Chinese h

Post by jamesbond »

MatureDJ wrote:
December 19th, 2019, 8:52 pm
https://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-w ... erm-donors
Most unmarried women in China are unable to access fertility treatment and sperm banks at home
Successful women who don’t wish to marry turn instead to Western sperm donors, picking them from catalogues before going overseas for IVF treatment

Very interesting, I read something about this a while ago regarding women in China.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The wealthy single Chinese women choosing white sperm donors to have a baby – they want a family but not a Chinese h

Post by MrMan »

Unless they are really ugly, they could probably get a donor in China.

My wife was talking to some old Chinese Indonesian grandma one time who saw my kids, two at the time. She said her son or son-in-law was sterile, and they were thinking of sperm donation. My wife got the vibe she might be hinting at me as a donor. The old lady didn't say it directly, but my wife told me about it.

I'm against the idea of making a donation like this so some other woman can have my kid and raise him without me. I want to raise my own kids. They used to call kids whose parents weren't married to each other bastards. It's not an ideal situation. It's crazy to create that situation on purpose. At least if there is sexual passion involved, you know why it happened. This stuff doesn't make much sense.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

They might want a donor that's tall that might have high cheekbones (or deep eyes as they would say....) and have a whiter complexion but the kid is going to still turn out looking Chinese and East Asian even if the dad/donor is a blue eyed and blond Swede.

Mixed race Asians (Hapas...) do very well in China!
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

yick wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 8:19 pm
They might want a donor that's tall that might have high cheekbones (or deep eyes as they would say....) and have a whiter complexion but the kid is going to still turn out looking Chinese and East Asian even if the dad/donor is a blue eyed and blond Swede.

My kids look Asian in the US and white in Asia. It's a matter of perspective.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MrMan wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 9:56 pm
yick wrote:

Asia is a big place - they're not going to look 'white' in China if they have a Chinese parent and a white parent - they will refer to that child as 'mixed blood' (混血) if it is different in Indonesia, I have no idea.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

yick wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 11:21 pm
MrMan wrote:
yick wrote:

Asia is a big place - they're not going to look 'white' in China if they have a Chinese parent and a white parent - they will refer to that child as 'mixed blood' (混血) if it is different in Indonesia, I have no idea.
White as in Caucasian, as opposed to a reference to skin color. In Indonesia, though, that could mean lighter skin, but Indonesia has a range of skin tones, and some are quite light-skinned.

My kids look like Caucasians to Indonesians, and one of them looks more Asian to Americans. One of them gets mistaken for a Mexican in the US.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MrMan wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:06 pm
yick wrote:
MrMan wrote:
yick wrote:

White as in Caucasian, as opposed to a reference to skin color. In Indonesia, though, that could mean lighter skin, but Indonesia has a range of skin tones, and some are quite light-skinned.

My kids look like Caucasians to Indonesians, and one of them looks more Asian to Americans. One of them gets mistaken for a Mexican in the US.
In China, there are people as white as the whitest Caucasian - a mixed race 'hapa' who is noticeably so would be referred to as 'mixed blood' (混血) if a woman has a kid by a white/caucasian sperm donor - they will be referred to as such depending on how they turn out - some turn out looking pretty much Chinese.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

yick wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 7:09 pm
MrMan wrote:
December 24th, 2019, 3:06 pm
yick wrote:
MrMan wrote:
yick wrote:

In China, there are people as white as the whitest Caucasian - a mixed race 'hapa' who is noticeably so would be referred to as 'mixed blood' (混血) if a woman has a kid by a white/caucasian sperm donor - they will be referred to as such depending on how they turn out - some turn out looking pretty much Chinese.
There is a slim chance a child like that will be mistaken for 100% Han Chinese--by the Chinese, at least, though, based on my own experiences knowing families with mixed kids. The Caucasian features usually show up in how their noses are shaped, and I've seen half Asian kids who look almost Caucasian. By 'white' I meant Caucasian. There are plenty of light-skinned Han Chinese, especially if they stay out of the sun. And China has ethnic groups in the west who look Caucasian. There are blue-eyed Chinese citizens and citizens with lighter hair color in Central Asia.

In Western China, they might fit in a bit better if they live in some region where there are a lot of people who are not pretty much pure-blooded Han.

Indonesia is a big melting pot, or at least the cities are. The Javanese accept mixed children as Javanese if the father is Javanese. Minangkabau accept children of Minangkabau as Minangkabau. Batak have adoption ceremonies to bring in non-Batak spouses into the culture. The Betawi seem to be a mixed people. So within the country, there is a lot of ethnic mixing that can occur within a given people-group, and some people have Dutch ancestry. I haven't had any discussions with individuals from people-groups who are very much into ethnic purity, except for the Chinese. If a Chinese marries a non-Chinese, their children are no longer considered Chinese. I am not sure if the Chinese in China think that way.

"international marriage" was a big deal in South Korea when I lived there, something unusual. A mixed kid might face classmates asking him why he did not go home to his home country, even though he had lived in Korea all his life.

Back then, poor farmers were 'importing' ethnic Korean wives from China. The local girls wanted to marry men who worked for companies. In recent years, Korean farmers have imported wives from Vietnam and the Philippines, and there are rural areas where much of the population is not 100% Korean. This is probably good for preventing birth defects and strengthening the gene pool. But I wonder what it has done for their concept of what it means to be Korean and if the children will be accepted, socially, as Koreans. Some of those Koreans probably have some Mongol blood if they go back a few centuries.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

MrMan wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 2:24 pm

There is a slim chance a child like that will be mistaken for 100% Han Chinese--by the Chinese,
Except I didn't say they would be. Where did I say that - anywhere?