So many ugly girls in Krabi

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

So many ugly girls in Krabi

Post by Repatriate »

So I spent a couple days down in Krabi for diving and took a stroll around the ao nang area. It's tourist high season so all the euro and other westerners are out en masse. Krabi used to be a pretty chilled out and nice place to visit especially a couple years post tsunami now it's a total shithole. Its not quite as soulless as Phuket but it's getting there. Just from casual people watching I've noticed how butt ugly the women
who come to Krabi are. You see the usual ugly dark and thick asian girl with old/middle aged white guy and lots of fat and obese white women wearing cutoff shorts and bikinis. The atmosphere is grotesque, I don't think I've seen as much flabby pasty white flesh outside of the pork section at a supermarket. The tourists here are also annoying and loud. Another place ruined by western tourism. Maybe another tsunami will come and cleanse this place again

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Thailand has been ruined by all these foreigners invading the country. It's not what it used to be, once...

That's one of the drawbacks to this website; and it's something E_Irizzary has always mentioned before on the forum: giving free advice to foreigners will only encourage more Westerners to live, travel and visit other virgin countries, thereby infecting their poison onto those cultures and the people living in them. That's exactly what's happened to Thailand, unfortunately.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

zboy1 wrote:Thailand has been ruined by all these foreigners invading the country. It's not what it used to be, once...

That's one of the drawbacks to this website; and it's something E_Irizzary has always mentioned before on the forum: giving free advice to foreigners will only encourage more Westerners to live, travel and visit other virgin countries, thereby infecting their poison onto those cultures and the people living in them. That's exactly what's happened to Thailand, unfortunately.
That's why entry barriers are a good thing, they keep a place from being spoiled that way. Second and esp. third tier China might still be decent enough cus there is no international class tourist infrastructure and more importantly, it's very hard to get by without Chinese. Colombia was good a long time ago cus most people were afraid to visit. But the country got past that. Now you really have to look for off-the-beaten track places, learn exotic languages, suffer very poor infrastructure, convert to a new religion, etc. if you wanna avoid the masses of western tourists and experience relatively unspoiled local women. Some of these places have been mentioned on the forum before so no need to repeat them again.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I think it's much more than just about tourist infrastructure but also pop culture cachet which makes a place popular. Other places in Asia have good infrastructure too and arguably much better beach locales but a tiny % of the tourism. Thailand has managed to attract tourists from a wide demographic starting with mongers, blue hair/grey beard floppy hat retirees, asian and Indian package tourists, and also dreadlocked broke as a joke backpackers. I think the western media has a lot to do with it too with movies like The Beach and Hangover 2 and countless books where Thailand is this wild and crazy anything goes place. The problem is that with all these groups piling in you can see the rapid decline in the prime beach spots.

My first visit was long past the golden era but the present day is still considerably worse than 2005-2008 or so. The tsunami was tragic in terms of human life but it did hit the reset button. I saw decline kicking in around 2009 onward but today it's way way worse.

For example Koh Phi Phi looks like a total dump now and there are dozens of long tails and speedboats anchored everywhere off what was pristine white sand coves. Fish are kind of sparse too underwater but there's still some stuff to see. Above water however there's nothing but ugly and annoying like I mentioned before.