Japanese-Filipina mixed girls

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Anonymous1 wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:Image
You might be right that some of the Spaniards who defined the Western ancestry in the Filipino population might have had themselves mixed Mexican genes. The pic you chose above isn't a good example of that though: Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala is probably one of the purest specimens of European blood (Spanish/German) since his ancestors settled in the Philippines.
Im saying most of the spanish who were in the Philippines were pure spanish who were born in Mexico....Indios did not hold positions of power in mexico...so I doubt they were used to govern the Philippines

But they did use filipino men to become sailors...because lets face it filipinos are natural when it comes to the sea.
Some jumped shiped in Alcapulco and mingles with the local women...thats why Mexico has some filipino ancestry
Armies generally are not recruited from the powerful classes, their officers are. The troops, who outnumber the officers on at least a ten to one ratio are normally from the lower rungs of society yet when there is the threat of war the society honors the uniforms and medals. Look at the US soldier on the western frontier. Legend goes they picked up the nick name Dog faces because the residents in the safe communities around the post put up signs reading Soldiers and Dogs keep off of the grass to keep the Colored and Irish soldiers away.
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

publicduende wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
publicduende wrote:Slightly off-topic...are all of those above cutie-to-hotties japinas? Is the term used to mean unwanted children of Japanese students/expats with (mostly poor) Filipina girls, or any half-Filipino half-Japanese kid? Same for kopino, I would assume...
yes they are all japinas.....though not all of them are abandoned

actually most of their fathers would be officemen in japan....or farmers
If they were abandoned, I would be more than happy to take care of them :)
I am lead to believe from a Blasian Japanese that things are changing in Japan during the last decade. With their lack of reproduction the babies have to come from somewhere.

Back to the Mexican versus Spanish I am sure Filipinos all claim to be the decedent of a Spanish Don and not a Mexican private soldier. Similar to how many Americans claim to be part Indian that Indian is always a princess, medicine man or chief and is never the random person.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Raja wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:Image
You might be right that some of the Spaniards who defined the Western ancestry in the Filipino population might have had themselves mixed Mexican genes. The pic you chose above isn't a good example of that though: Jaime Augusto Zobel de Ayala is probably one of the purest specimens of European blood (Spanish/German) since his ancestors settled in the Philippines.
Im saying most of the spanish who were in the Philippines were pure spanish who were born in Mexico....Indios did not hold positions of power in mexico...so I doubt they were used to govern the Philippines

But they did use filipino men to become sailors...because lets face it filipinos are natural when it comes to the sea.
Some jumped shiped in Alcapulco and mingles with the local women...thats why Mexico has some filipino ancestry
Armies generally are not recruited from the powerful classes, their officers are. The troops, who outnumber the officers on at least a ten to one ratio are normally from the lower rungs of society yet when there is the threat of war the society honors the uniforms and medals. Look at the US soldier on the western frontier. Legend goes they picked up the nick name Dog faces because the residents in the safe communities around the post put up signs reading Soldiers and Dogs keep off of the grass to keep the Colored and Irish soldiers away.
In the late 1500s when SPain colonized the Philippines....most of the spanish colonizers where 100% spanish

COlonies at the time employed soldiers from the local population
mexicans were watched over by mexican soldiers and filipinos were watched over by filipino soldiers
Umm you do realize that the troops in the army during the spanish period were filipinos
their officers where spanish

there were even Basque communities in Philippines from the colonial times
this one is in Western Visayas

Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

Before local armies are raised you fight with what you bring. Just as in "Vietnamization in 1970, Iraqinization in 2008 and Afganistasnization" today. Mexicans would make up the bulk of the initial protection detail, with their Spanish officers and as Filipino regiments were raised Spanish officers would transfer over or be directly recruited to lead them.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Raja wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Anonymous1 wrote:
publicduende wrote:Slightly off-topic...are all of those above cutie-to-hotties japinas? Is the term used to mean unwanted children of Japanese students/expats with (mostly poor) Filipina girls, or any half-Filipino half-Japanese kid? Same for kopino, I would assume...
yes they are all japinas.....though not all of them are abandoned

actually most of their fathers would be officemen in japan....or farmers
If they were abandoned, I would be more than happy to take care of them :)
I am lead to believe from a Blasian Japanese that things are changing in Japan during the last decade. With their lack of reproduction the babies have to come from somewhere.

Back to the Mexican versus Spanish I am sure Filipinos all claim to be the decedent of a Spanish Don and not a Mexican private soldier. Similar to how many Americans claim to be part Indian that Indian is always a princess, medicine man or chief and is never the random person.
Japanese during the late 80s early 90s heavily used the mail order bride service...often marrying women from China, Philippines, and South Korea

Japan is the reason why Philippines made mail order bride services illegal
The Philippines prohibits the business of organizing or facilitating marriages between Filipinas and foreign men. The Philippine congress enacted Republic Act 6955 (the Anti-Mail-Order Bride Law) in 1990 as a result of stories in the local media about Filipinas being abused by their foreign husbands. Because of this, Filipinas often use "reverse publications" – publications in which men advertise themselves – to contact foreign men for marriage to Filipina women.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Raja wrote:Before local armies are raised you fight with what you bring. Just as in "Vietnamization in 1970, Iraqinization in 2008 and Afganistasnization" today. Mexicans would make up the bulk of the initial protection detail, with their Spanish officers and as Filipino regiments were raised Spanish officers would transfer over or be directly recruited to lead them.
not in 1600s.....maybe spanish born in mexico
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Anonymous1 wrote:
Raja wrote:Before local armies are raised you fight with what you bring. Just as in "Vietnamization in 1970, Iraqinization in 2008 and Afganistasnization" today. Mexicans would make up the bulk of the initial protection detail, with their Spanish officers and as Filipino regiments were raised Spanish officers would transfer over or be directly recruited to lead them.
not in 1600s.....maybe spanish born in mexico
Correct. Capacity of boats was not that great, and there were plenty of Spaniards itching to go make their fortune. Why bring native labor to another subject country? Like "sending coal to Newcastle".
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I got to know a young half Japanese, half Pinay girl in Zamboanga. She had even lived a few years in Japan and speaks fluent Japanese. She's very nice and humble too. But she's not as attractive as most of these gals in the photos tho she is tall at 5'7"
Maverick
Junior Poster

Post by Maverick »

It depends on your preference, really. Personally, I like very short, darker skinned girls. I find that whenever I find an asian girl attractive, nine times out of ten, she's filipina.

I don't find Japanese girls (or any other Asian, in general) to be particularly attractive. Light skin is also a HUGE turn-off for me.

As I said, it's all about your unique preferences.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Maverick wrote:It depends on your preference, really. Personally, I like very short, darker skinned girls. I find that whenever I find an asian girl attractive, nine times out of ten, she's filipina.

I don't find Japanese girls (or any other Asian, in general) to be particularly attractive. Light skin is also a HUGE turn-off for me.

As I said, it's all about your unique preferences.
Well Mr. Maverick, it sounds like you were custom made for SE Asia, particularly Phils. or perhaps Thailand. Go there and you will be in heaven. Not only does your type abound. But you are going precisely for the opposite of what most qualified local guys are after. You're type has very low percieved value in this neck of the woods.

lighter skin and/or taller stature for women = more beauty, higher status, better education, superior job prospects, etc.

darker skin and/or shorter stature for women = pretty much the opposite

If you wanna take it to an extreme, go for girls in Phils. who have a high admixture of aboriginal blood.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

ImageImage
Last edited by Anonymous1 on June 1st, 2013, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.