Traveling to Manila soon

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Winston wrote:I would choose Smart over Globe, because when you take the Smart SIM card with you overseas and put it on roaming, ALL text messages you receive are FREE, whereas with Globe, I hear, if you are on roaming, you get charged 75 pesos per text you receive, which is outrageous and insane and unbelievable! Several sources told me this. I couldn't believe it.

Also, Globe goes offline more often than Smart, I hear. So Smart is better overall.

If you are there short term, then just use Smart prepaid. You can buy a SIM card at any booth. If you are there long-term, you can look at monthly calling plans, but unless you are planning to make a lot of calls, why bother? Plus, two smart phones can now talk for free on wifi by using Skype or Viber.

Another good app to keep in touch with family and friends is Bobsled. This app lets you call both mobile and landlines in the US and Canada for free. The app is compatible with internet browsers and for both iOS and Android. Here's the link with the info about the app. http://bobsled.com I use this app when I'm in Lithuania cause the SIM card I use is only for data.