Easiest Country to Meet Women in East Asia For White Guys?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Easiest Country to Meet Women in East Asia For White Guys?

Post by D_Athlete »

Hey guys, I'm new here.

I'm going to be traveling in East Asia later this year. I'm a tall, decent looking white guy, in shape, midtwenties (but look a little older) that's highly attracted to Asian women, and fed up with fat and entitled western women. However, I'm not currently looking for a wife. I respect Asian culture greatly and don't wish to offend anybody, but I'm wondering, out of China, South Korea, and Japan, which country will be the easiest for me to meet hot women for free? Women that will approach me, or at least make it very easy for me to approach them?

I've read that Japan is no longer easy for white guys anymore, and that they tend to have it harder; pretty much having to play the numbers game and approach and hit on a lot of women until one of them will say yes, and even then they still don't hook up with attractive women. Supposedly, most foreigners just get ugly and butterfaced women there. But I have no idea if this is true or not. I'm sure most of the expats that complain about this are ugly and out of shape and couldn't hold a conversation with a woman to save their lives.

South Korea also sounds similar, with a supposedly very materialistic and xenophobic people, but I still wouldn't mind going there because the women appear to be pretty gorgeous. But you tend to see a lot of expats complaining about the difficulty of meeting women for quick flings there.

So is China pretty much the place to be these days? Will women really make it THAT easy for me to date them as soon as I step off the plane? Do westerners get model-esque women there?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

South Korean women are the most difficult for foreigners to date or have a relationship with! Several posters on HA have confirmed this to be true and as a Korean American myself--I can vouch that this is indeed the case. There is a lot of xenophobia towards Westerners dating Korean women so I suggest choosing either Japan or China as better places for white men to find Asian women.
luoldeng9
Freshman Poster

Post by luoldeng9 »

I've heard that Korea is the hardest, then Japan, then China is the easiest.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Hardest To Easiest - the further south you go the easier it is to meet women

1. Korea
2. Japan
3. Taiwan
4. China
5. Thailand
6. Philippines - Luzon(Harder)
- Visayas(Easier)
- Mindanao(Easier)

If you know a place where its easier to meet beautiful women than Southern Philippines call me collect.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

China is very easy!

I dated some women in Japan, but you'll probably run out of money there long before you get some action.

Lots of English teachers get lucky in South Korea, but it's mostly due to foreigners being so rare.

My tip with China is to work the Chinese dating sites first, and build up a list of girls you want to visit. Unless you speak Mandarin/Cantonese/Shanghainese you're gonna find it hard to pick up random women. If you visit one of the larger cities then you'll have more luck finding English speakers.

Bear in mind that Chinese women are MARRIAGE focussed and if a girl likes you it's very hard to get rid of her from your life :shock: .

And as for models - if you want mind blowing sex you'll have to go for the average girls. In this respect China is the same as anywhere else. Ever seen the Paris Hilton videos? Hot girls don't need to bother much, do they?
Last edited by xiongmao on September 19th, 2012, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
asiansexsavage
Freshman Poster

China Easy

Post by asiansexsavage »

THey like to scam in China be careful in Shanghai as they will come up be friendly ask you to a bar then you get a $600 bill No fun, Very scary!
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

Taco wrote:
If you know a place where its easier to meet beautiful women than Southern Philippines call me collect.
+1

I don't expect we'll get a call!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: China Easy

Post by Taco »

asiansexsavage wrote:THey like to scam in China be careful in Shanghai as they will come up be friendly ask you to a bar then you get a $600 bill No fun, Very scary!
Very true. This almost happened to me when I was in China.

A very beautiful woman approached me on the street one day and said "I NEED A HUSBAND"! She wasn't making much sense to me and demanded that I take her a restaurant. I then realized the group of people standing next to her were in fact her friends and they didn't look trustworthy to me. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on but I knew she was going to cost me money so I just left.

If someone approaches you on the street in China just walk away.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Re: China

Post by ethan_sg »

It's not true that anyone who approaches you in China is out to scam you. Certain posters living in China like DiscoProJoe who used to post sometime back posted about how easy it was for him to make true friends in China and how friendly people are.

What's true however in a few streets in certain cities in China is that if someone (usually a middle-aged guy or middle-aged woman) approaches you asking you if you want to go to their bar to see all their pretty girls or simply if you're looking for girls, turn them down unless you're really rich with money to burn. They'll bring you to their private karaoke bars usually with their own tight security who will back them up and many hot working girls and you can have a lot of fun but the bill will be exorbitant as they charge you a ridiculous price for everything including the fruits and tissue paper. It's a scam, there are much better ways to meet far more decent girls in China. A simple rule applies here unless you're really rich, just say no and walk away.

In any case I don't advice going to karaoke bars (the kinds with working girls, that is) unless you're looking for p4p or flings. If you must go to one, ensure you're going with a local or a really seasoned streetwise foreigners who knows the right places that don't scam you.

Taco wrote:
asiansexsavage wrote:THey like to scam in China be careful in Shanghai as they will come up be friendly ask you to a bar then you get a $600 bill No fun, Very scary!
Very true. This almost happened to me when I was in China.

A very beautiful woman approached me on the street one day and said "I NEED A HUSBAND"! She wasn't making much sense to me and demanded that I take her a restaurant. I then realized the group of people standing next to her were in fact her friends and they didn't look trustworthy to me. I wasn't exactly sure what was going on but I knew she was going to cost me money so I just left.

If someone approaches you on the street in China just walk away.
ofwdating
Freshman Poster

try to find someone on online dating sites

Post by ofwdating »

find someone in online dating sites first so you won't have to spend a lot of money on clubs. if you're going to philippines then try to visit ofwdating.com, :D
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Online dating sites are good for approaching Chinese women.

There are scammers in China, but 99% of them work the main drags (Beijing Lu in Guangzhou, Nanjing Road in Shanghai).

If you want short time fun it's not hard to find - just stay at the right hotel or go to the right KTV bar or hairdressers.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:Hardest To Easiest - the further south you go the easier it is to meet women

1. Korea
2. Japan
3. Taiwan
4. China
5. Thailand
6. Philippines - Luzon(Harder)
- Visayas(Easier)
- Mindanao(Easier)

Nominated for Most Useful Post of 2012.