Banned from the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Banned from the Philippines?

Post by Hero »

I once heard a story from an American guy who went to the Philippines, only to be denied entrance at the airport because he had been banned (presumably for rude behavior). I'm wondering, how can one check ahead of time if one is on the "banned" list? I went to the website of the Philippines Bureau of Immigration but couldn't find anything helpful.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I guess it's some good payback for all those shithead US immigration officials that make visitors to the US lives hell!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I would be seriously surprised if they made the black list public and put it online.
Generally, you are blacklisted if you are involved in serious altercations with officials or rape someone or attack someone and beat them up in public. Also, if you overstay your visa and do not pay the fine and then leave, you can be blacklisted. Still, blacklisting in the Philippines happens rarely and lawyers can have you removed for a price.
In Pampanga, I have seen Americans and other foreigners act rudely, get involved in fights, insult locals and even hit them, and ...nothing.
I generally recommend that all Americans enter the Philippines via Clark and not via Manila or Cebu and that they extend visas in Angeles City through travel agents or visa agents there. Same with getting driver licenses, etc.
Angeles city is a former US military base with people used to Americans and doing business with them, getting visas for them and all things there run smoothly.
Basically a perpetual traveler expat needs to stay invisible and avoid any trouble with local cops and immigration as much as possible.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Thanks Ladislav. But why does it make a difference if you enter via Clark instead of Manila?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

You are welcome. It makes a difference because thousands of Americans live there and you will just be part of a crowd of US retirees and tourists they see coming in and out every day. You will look as usual to them as a Chinese person going into the SF airport. In Manila it is not as good and in Cebu some may cop an attitude.
Last edited by ladislav on March 11th, 2012, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ladislav wrote:You are welcome. It makes a difference because thousands of Americans live there and you will just be part of a crowd of US retirees and tourists they see coming in and out every day.
I will add that from my West Coast city flights to Clark are less frequent than to Manila and Cebu and more expensive. But it's good to know that there is an alternative.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I will add that from my West Coast city flights to Clark are less frequent than to Manila and Cebu and more expensive. But it's good to know that there is an alternative.
If this relieves the jitters, then it is worth the money. You can fly LA- HK-Clark, LA- Bangkok-Clark, LA- Kuala Lumpur-Clark, LA- Singapore- Clark. Your arrival and departure will be very discreet with no questions except if you have a Filipina wife and why not and if you like a Filipina girl and other such things.

Philippine immigration officers in Manila and Cebu can be ill tempered and unfriendly and give you a hard time for no reason. Does not happen all the time, but happens frequently. Some are just prejudiced against Americans. And the younger you are the more sh1t they can give you.

If you can fly via Clark, more power to you. If not, well, lets hope everything will be OK anyway.

It is an option and up to you if you can/ want to take it.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Thanks, but it's way too expensive to fly to Clark. I've already spent a fortune on this trip. Anyway I didn't have any problems arriving via Manila last time.
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

Ever hear of somebody getting arrested at the airport upon his arrival in the Philippines?