Dating Middle Class Filipinas?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just talked to Mr S. He said that he lives in a middle class neighborhood in Manila, and that the middle class girls around him generally prefer Filipino guys. So much for your advice Outwest.

The point is, unless you're meeting them in your neighborhood, how will middle class girls know your status if they don't even like talking to strangers? I mean, if you can't even break the ice with them, what does it matter where you live?

For example, if I meet them at the mall, and they don't look at me or talk to me, what does it matter if I live in a middle class neighborhood? How is that relevant? I could be a millionaire, but if they won't break the ice, then how would they know?

Besides, they aren't stupid. They know that foreigners have some money, or else they wouldn't be traveling around the Philippines. So they automatically assume that I'm middle class, per their own culture. At that point, it depends on whether she likes you and on how open and sociable she is.

That's common sense.

But again, the fact that middle class Filipinas prefer middle class Filipino guys, works against us. Don't forget that.

I heard that deep down, most lower class Filipinas also prefer Filipino men, but they will never tell a foreigner that.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Winston wrote:I just talked to Mr S. He said that he lives in a middle class neighborhood in Manila, and that the middle class girls around him generally prefer Filipino guys. So much for your advice Outwest.

The point is, unless you're meeting them in your neighborhood, how will middle class girls know your status if they don't even like talking to strangers? I mean, if you can't even break the ice with them, what does it matter where you live?

For example, if I meet them at the mall, and they don't look at me or talk to me, what does it matter if I live in a middle class neighborhood? How is that relevant? I could be a millionaire, but if they won't break the ice, then how would they know?

Besides, they aren't stupid. They know that foreigners have some money, or else they wouldn't be traveling around the Philippines. So they automatically assume that I'm middle class, per their own culture. At that point, it depends on whether she likes you and on how open and sociable she is.

That's common sense.

But again, the fact that middle class Filipinas prefer middle class Filipino guys, works against us. Don't forget that.

I heard that deep down, most lower class Filipinas also prefer Filipino men, but they will never tell a foreigner that.

I did not offer advice...simple observations of social strata. If one is living a relatively affluent and
"settled" looking life, it is easier to meet people in the similar socio-economic level. Is it very easy?
No. Would I advise American men to meet filipinas from any social strata? I Would not offer such advice.
It is not necessarily doing anyone a favor for American men and Filipinas to mate up.

OUtwest
Last edited by OutWest on May 20th, 2011, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Winston wrote:I just talked to Mr S. He said that he lives in a middle class neighborhood in Manila, and that the middle class girls around him generally prefer Filipino guys. So much for your advice Outwest.

That's common sense.

Ah but that is the beauty of the Philippines! Yes MOST middle class filipinas prefer filipino men. But when you are talking about a population that is 4x of Los Angeles you'll find some that are open minded to meeting foreign men.
All it takes is one. I don't think the middle class filipinos will shun you so you'd have to find a way to crack their social circle. This can easily be done by finding an event or club or church etc. I'm convinced it can be done. Easily? Probably not but it's certainly do-able and still easier than meeting women in the States.
Winston
Site Admin

Why people see me as middle class

Post by Winston »

You guys are forgetting something about middle class people. Being middle class isn't just about having a car or home or condo. It's also about the way you ACT and behave and your vibe too.

Middle class people act more civilized, are more considerate, and do not do shameless things like point to someone's belonging and ask "Can I have that?" like low class Filipinos do.

On the outside, middle class people look kind of sheltered, like they are used to comfort and being in a bubble. You can see it in their body and the way they walk, as if they are used to feeling "soft comfy things" on their body (bed, couch, etc.) People who are used to comfort look more fragile than those who are not. They do not look like they've had a hard life. And they look more inhibited and reserved than low class people do.

I definitely fit that. In fact, people often say after feeling my palms that my hands look like those of someone who has never worked before. Do low class people have that?! lol NOT!

A Filipino intellectual told me that the upper class in the Philippines do not consider your class to be based on your money or possessions, but on your family surname. That to them delineates class. When a low class person gains money, they are still low class and considered "low class people with money". There are also upper class people without money too, but are still upper class cause of their family surname.

According to them, you guys here who say that you gotta live in a condo to be considered middle class are using the mentality of the lower class who think that class is all about money. lol

Take Dianne's gold digging aunt for example. Due to her marriage with two Westerners, she owns some huge assets and properties in the Philippines that are worth millions in pesos I heard. Yet she acts nothing like a middle class woman. She talks like a low class person, walks like one, has the vibe of one, and cannot even sit down and have an intelligent conversation like middle class people do. I don't see anything that's middle class about her. The way she walks and talks seems ghetto too. She also carries a hateful look about her and does not appear to be educated. A lot of low class Asians are like that. Their attention span is too short to have a serious conversation or exchange. And when they talk, their voice sounds ghetto and barbaric. Conversations with them just don't flow at all. Know what I mean?

So, Dianne's aunt is just a low class person with money. lol

My Vietnamese ex-girlfriend's family was like that too. Even though they lived in Milpitas, CA, they looked ghetto and low class in every way, more animal than human, and I could not have a normal conversation with them, because such a thing does not flow around them. They were like brutes and closed minded brutes at that. A normal conversation just didn't flow around them. They were on such a different wavelength that even to say hi to them felt very awkward.

Yet they had a house and drove cars. So does that make them middle class? lol

Anyway, by the standards above, my behavior is definitely more middle class. Many people have said that I look sheltered and spoiled. These are traits of middle class people. Low class people do not seem sheltered or spoiled. Come on now. And I am considerate and polite too. A lot of my character references describe me as "well mannered" too. (http://www.happierabroad.com/References.htm)

So yes, when people meet me, they do see me as middle class. I behave like one, and plus since I'm a foreigner here, it's assumed that I must have money to be here rather than working.

When I walk in the mall, the promo staff selling real estate property ALWAYS come up to me to hand me a brochure. Even if I'm next to a crowd or group of people, they will approach me over the others. That means that they assume that I can afford to buy a house cause I LOOK like someone who can buy a house. So obviously I look like I have money.

What could be more obvious? Sheesh.

And of course, in my speaking and writing, I obviously sound like an educated person who communicates in a very articulate form too. That is also the mark of a middle class and above person. No question about it.

So what the hell is this shit about me having to live in a condo to look middle class? lol

I think some of you here are just pricks who enjoy playing devil's advocate, and that's really annoying.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I think the term 'middle class' is a bit hard to nail down to specifics. It can mean different things to different people. Context matters too. What's considered middle class may vary from area to area or country to country.

For many Americans, I think it implies a certain range of income, white collar type of work, some university education, and certain value sets. Technically, blue collar workers who enough income to fall into middle class might be considered by many as part of the so-called 'working class' due to differences from middle class in non-income aspects.

I'm not sure what exactly qualifies someone as middle class in PI according to common perception. On the forum, I think you and/or others have mentioned things like regular non-sex related work, financial self-reliance, and not expecting others to pay your bills.

But when you are a foreign visitor to a country, people will likely classify you differently. To the lower classes, you are just seen as well-off tourist or expat. But locals from so-called middle class and above are probably more discerning. Their default assumption about you may be that you are some sort of low-rent sex-tourist who may not have much money or class relative to themselves. If that's the case, you are basically guilty until proven otherwise. How do you demonstrate that you are worthy of serious consideration? Living in a professional area like Makati, working in a respectable company with an impressive job title, renting or owning a flash condo, etc. would be signals that you not a sex tourist and reside in PI for legitimate business reasons. Mr. S or other PI experts can expand on what I've said and correct any errors. These are just my impressions.

Since you are ethnic Chinese, I suppose if you learned Tagalog to a very high level, you might have a chance at being considered a Filipino Chinese. But that's probably not something you would consider.
Baron
Freshman Poster

Post by Baron »

Rock wrote:I think the term 'middle class' is a bit hard to nail down to specifics. It can mean different things to different people. Context matters too. What's considered middle class may vary from area to area or country to country.

For many Americans, I think it implies a certain range of income, white collar type of work, some university education, and certain value sets. Technically, blue collar workers who enough income to fall into middle class might be considered by many as part of the so-called 'working class' due to differences from middle class in non-income aspects.

I'm not sure what exactly qualifies someone as middle class in PI according to common perception. On the forum, I think you and/or others have mentioned things like regular non-sex related work, financial self-reliance, and not expecting others to pay your bills.

But when you are a foreign visitor to a country, people will likely classify you differently. To the lower classes, you are just seen as well-off tourist or expat. But locals from so-called middle class and above are probably more discerning. Their default assumption about you may be that you are some sort of low-rent sex-tourist who may not have much money or class relative to themselves. If that's the case, you are basically guilty until proven otherwise. How do you demonstrate that you are worthy of serious consideration? Living in a professional area like Makati, working in a respectable company with an impressive job title, renting or owning a flash condo, etc. would be signals that you not a sex tourist and reside in PI for legitimate business reasons. Mr. S or other PI experts can expand on what I've said and correct any errors. These are just my impressions.

Since you are ethnic Chinese, I suppose if you learned Tagalog to a very high level, you might have a chance at being considered a Filipino Chinese. But that's probably not something you would consider.
I agree with you Rock.

As what I have observed in PH, top 10 % of the whole population owns this country. And the next 10% probably can fall into this "Middle Class".
However, even these people already have their own family's line of business that are stable enough to provide them good amount of money compared to what Middle class can make in the states.
Also, most of them drive their own fairly nice cars and they display quite unique Lifestyles and tastes. Of course they live in their own well maintained houses or condos.

I don't know much about countryside that much but in Manila, Rock is totally right.
If you see unusual things happening, tell yourself "Welcome to the Philippines!!" and you can finally understand the truth...
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston:

The problem hasn't much to do with whether you're middle class or not. Money doesn't seem to be a problem for you, but I don't believe you would succeed with a middle class Filipina anyway.

And the problem isn't that you live in a shithole whore-town. I agree that moving into a nice condo wouldn't enhance your image as a middle class person, since you already look like one anyway. Plus, I don't think it would really improve your chances with middle class girls all that much either.

No, the problem is that you act like (as another poster described you) "a silly, retarded man."

A prime example of that is the tedious, dumb post you just wrote above. Here you are in the most guy-friendly of all countries, and all you can do is waste time nitpicking arguments just so that you can rationalize your squalid, lowlife existence.

But hey, at least you're middle class! Hip hip hooray!

Honestly Winston, what ever gave you the idea that we gave a f**k in the first place?? Instead of shouting from the rooftop like an idiot that you're middle class, why aren't you out there trying to find solutions to get the kind of girl you want?
Last edited by swincor on July 14th, 2011, 2:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

I thought you already HAD a girl Winston? Whatchu still doin' here? Get to mating! :D
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this email to me from lavezzi. He says he's found a sweet feminine middle class Filipina on DateinAsia. This is the second or third time that a forum member here says that he's met a middle class Filipina on DateinAsia. Dang, how come I've never found any middle class Filipinas on DateinAsia?

lavezzi:
"Dia duit Winston.

I haven't been on the forum in the last few days because I've met this unbelievable Filipina from dateinasia. She has the usual feminine qualities of a Filipina, But believe it or not, presumably not since it's you, she is very intelligent! But intelligent in the perfect way, in that she is able to discuss deep issues without acting like a know-it-all. When I started saying some of the intellectual type stuff like what we discuss on your site, she began quoting me and posting it on her facebook. She is from a middle class family it seems. And get this, she is 21 and owns her own telecommunications company and is rich enough from it to regularly travel abroad, but she accepts the fact that I am practically a bum! And if that wasn't enough, she is RIDICULOUSLY beautiful/hot/sexy! Take a look at the attached pictures and tell me what you think.

Based on the information I've given you about her and the pictures you've now seen of her, am I the luckiest man in the world?

A tip: If you want all round high quality Filipinas (eg. not Dianne or bar-girls), have green eyes and an exotic accent ;)"
Last edited by Winston on January 20th, 2013, 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

swincor wrote:Winston:

The problem hasn't much to do with whether you're middle class or not. Money doesn't seem to be a problem for you, but I don't believe you would succeed with a middle class Filipina anyway.

And the problem isn't that you live in a shithole whore-town. I agree that moving into a nice condo wouldn't enhance your image as a middle class person, since you already look like one anyway. Plus, I don't think it would really improve your chances with middle class girls all that much either.

No, the problem is that you act like (as another poster described you) "a silly, retarded man."

A prime example of that is the tedious, dumb post you just wrote above. Here you are in the most guy-friendly of all countries, and all you can do is waste time nitpicking arguments just so that you can rationalize your squalid, lowlife existence.

Honestly Winston, what ever gave you the idea that we gave a f**k in the first place?? Instead of shouting from the rooftop like an idiot that you're middle class, why aren't you out there trying to find solutions to get the kind of girl you want?
I told you before, Filipinas like silly guys. They make them laugh. So that is a positive. How am I retarded? Retarded people do NOT talk like I do. When people hear me talk, they are overwhelmed cause I am on a deep wavelength and it's obvious that I have a lot of deep knowledge and can think outside the box. And when I argue with people, I use logic and arguments that they have no counterargument for. No sane person would consider that to be retarded.

Again swincor, what you say has ZERO LOGIC.

I can't tolerate the weather in the Phil, so I often prefer to stay in rather than go out. My body has an excess sweating problem too, and I hate sweating. It feels icky and disgusting.

Like others here, I too, feel the need to rant sometimes.

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:

I told you before, Filipinas like silly guys. They make them laugh. So that is a positive. How am I retarded? Retarded people do NOT talk like I do. When people hear me talk, they are overwhelmed cause I am on a deep wavelength and it's obvious that I have a lot of deep knowledge and can think outside the box. And when I argue with people, I use logic and arguments that they have no counterargument for. No sane person would consider that to be retarded.

I can't tolerate the weather in the Phil, so I often prefer to stay in rather than go out. My body has an excess sweating problem too, and I hate sweating. It feels icky and disgusting.

Didn't you say you banned swincor a few weeks ago? He probably won't be paying attention to the forum anymore or doesn't care that you replied.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Winston wrote:Check out this email to me from lavezzi. He says he's found a sweet feminine middle class Filipina on DateinAsia. This is the second or third time that a forum member here says that he's met a middle class Filipina on DateinAsia. Dang, how come I've never found any middle class Filipinas on DateinAsia?

lavezzi:

"Dia duit Winston.

I haven't been on the forum in the last few days because I've met this unbelievable Filipina from dateinasia. She has the usual feminine qualities of a Filipina, But believe it or not, presumably not since it's you, she is very intelligent! But intelligent in the perfect way, in that she is able to discuss deep issues without acting like a know-it-all. When I started saying some of the intellectual type stuff like what we discuss on your site, she began quoting me and posting it on her facebook. She is from a middle class family it seems. And get this, she is 21 and owns her own telecommunications company and is rich enough from it to regularly travel abroad, but she accepts the fact that I am practically a bum! And if that wasn't enough, she is RIDICULOUSLY beautiful/hot/sexy! Take a look at the attached pictures and tell me what you think.

Based on the information I've given you about her and the pictures you've now seen of her, am I the luckiest man in the world?

A tip: If you want all round high quality Filipinas (eg. not Dianne or bar-girls), have green eyes and an exotic accent ;)"
One thing to be careful with middle class and above Filipinas, they will try to be the boss in the relationship and attempt to pussify their boyfriend/husband slowly but surely. In Philippine relationships usually the wife runs the show at home, while in public she will support her man like a good little wifey. That's why there are so many girly bars for wealthier local Filipino men, they need to get away from their wives on occasion. All the foreigner guys that I have met who live in the Philippines AND their wives are educated, tend to rule the roost while their husband is kinda cowtowing along with their program of what a relationship should consist of. Only the lower class undereducated girls tend to allow their husband to make the decisions, this is what I have noticed.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:
Winston wrote:

Didn't you say you banned swincor a few weeks ago? He probably won't be paying attention to the forum anymore or doesn't care that you replied.
Well yeah, but at least I got the last word. :)

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hey check this out. Some of the Filipina profiles on ForeignWomen.com look very middle class. It's hard to explain why but you can tell because they don't look low class or ghetto, but more refined and classy. You know what I mean? See these pics below! No way!

http://www.foreignwomen.com/go/happierabroad

http://www.foreignwomen.com/view.php?profile=270502

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

http://www.foreignwomen.com/view.php?profile=41508

http://www.foreignwomen.com/view.php?profile=269227

ImageImage

http://www.foreignwomen.com/view.php?profile=270448

ImageImage

http://www.foreignwomen.com/view.php?profile=271435

Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Don't assume those are all genuine women. The last photo is of Janarah Fox, a model - scammers commonly use her photos.
"As long as you make an identity for yourself out of the pain, you cannot become free of it." Eckhart Tolle