Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
However, I joined a Philippine centric dating site and seem to attract all kinds of interest from Pinays there. The irritating thing is, even though I emphasize that I'm looking for taller girls (which I define as just 5'5" or above in a short country like Phils) in my title and again in what I'm searching for section, majority of girls who write or express interest are shorter :(

One thing u should understand if u r an average looking male of white European ancestry - your genes represent a sort of opportunity to a lot of Pinays. The beautiful people u see in Phils are almost all mixed with a good degree of NE Asian or white blood, ie not pure or nearly pure Malay blood. There are international standards of beauty which supersede cultural preferences. Someone who rates very highly in one country or culture will do well in other cultures and same holds for those who rate as very unattractive. Vast majority of Pinays you see out and about publicly in most of the country seem to have unfortunate genes from an aesthetic point of view at least. Most purer Pinays seem to have at least a few of the following:

- overbite

- receding chin and bite

- prominent skin moles

- proportionally wide shoulders

- extreme short stature

- large pores at an early age

- short nose with low bridge

- poor skin elasticity which leads to premature wrinkling, nasty stretch marks for mothers, and saggy breasts

They also often have poor health (asthma and weight problems seem common for example).

So Phils may be a great place to go as a white guy from the first world if you want to date a lot of 5s, 4s, and below. Cus given your economic and genetic advantage, you can be confident that you are an good catch from an objective POV and will probably be popular with many members of the opposite sex one way or another.

But if you cherry pick (needles in haystack) by focusing on the small group of objectively attractive and often commensurately pickier Pinays, especially those who are financially independent, jury is still out as to whether or not you will enjoy any dating handicap at all vis-a-vis some of the better other countries.

You sound picky... but why not? After all, a guy has only one dick!

So let me ask you - for very feminine girls - with narrow, feminine shoulders - with at least some kind of butt - not totally flat - for maximum beauty - 8's on an international scale - where would you go, if not the Phil's?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote: So to resolve this issue once and for all, I am posting my guide to know when you are being flirted with in the Philippines

HOW TO KNOW WHEN YOU ARE BEING FLIRTED WITH IN PHILS

1. The girl asks you if you are new to her city and have anyone to show you around.
2. The girl asks you if you have a Pinay gf.
3. The girl asks you if you want a Pinay gf.
4. The girl asks you what hotel you are staying at and how you like it.
5. The girl happily accepts your invitation to coffee or dinner.
6. The girl professes she is falling for you even before the coffee arrives.
7. The girl happily accepts your invitation to your room after coffee or dinner.
8. The girl asks you what your shoe size is and says that foreign men have "bigger feet" than Pinoys.
9. You spend weeks in Phils and the only time you are alone is just after you arrive and just before you leave the airport.

Yes I wrote this tongue in cheek - but not by much!
Lovin this thread.

Ahhh.

There is hope!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Falcon wrote:
1. The girl asks you if you are new to her city and have anyone to show you around.
A girl in China did that to me, and actually showed me around for a few hours. See viewtopic.php?t=15815
2. The girl asks you if you have a Pinay gf.
3. The girl asks you if you want a Pinay gf.
Happens to me in Mexico quite a lot. (Replace "Pinay" with "Mexicana.")
4. The girl asks you what hotel you are staying at and how you like it.
The girl in China helped me find a cheap, clean, and safe place to stay at.
5. The girl happily accepts your invitation to coffee or dinner.
I recently did so in Mexico, and ended up kissing her hand. See my response at the end of page 1: viewtopic.php?t=16186

Many times they are just being friendly with no romantic intentions - at first. But outside the U.S. matrix, it's not that hard for you, the guy, to take it up to the next level. :wink:
great post, Falcon.

Do you suspect that the Phil's are NOT the easiest place -- just the easiest place with English-speaking people?

Maybe Mexico and China are just as good?
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
However, I joined a Philippine centric dating site and seem to attract all kinds of interest from Pinays there. The irritating thing is, even though I emphasize that I'm looking for taller girls (which I define as just 5'5" or above in a short country like Phils) in my title and again in what I'm searching for section, majority of girls who write or express interest are shorter :(

One thing u should understand if u r an average looking male of white European ancestry - your genes represent a sort of opportunity to a lot of Pinays. The beautiful people u see in Phils are almost all mixed with a good degree of NE Asian or white blood, ie not pure or nearly pure Malay blood. There are international standards of beauty which supersede cultural preferences. Someone who rates very highly in one country or culture will do well in other cultures and same holds for those who rate as very unattractive. Vast majority of Pinays you see out and about publicly in most of the country seem to have unfortunate genes from an aesthetic point of view at least. Most purer Pinays seem to have at least a few of the following:

- overbite

- receding chin and bite

- prominent skin moles

- proportionally wide shoulders

- extreme short stature

- large pores at an early age

- short nose with low bridge

- poor skin elasticity which leads to premature wrinkling, nasty stretch marks for mothers, and saggy breasts

They also often have poor health (asthma and weight problems seem common for example).

So Phils may be a great place to go as a white guy from the first world if you want to date a lot of 5s, 4s, and below. Cus given your economic and genetic advantage, you can be confident that you are an good catch from an objective POV and will probably be popular with many members of the opposite sex one way or another.

But if you cherry pick (needles in haystack) by focusing on the small group of objectively attractive and often commensurately pickier Pinays, especially those who are financially independent, jury is still out as to whether or not you will enjoy any dating handicap at all vis-a-vis some of the better other countries.

You sound picky... but why not? After all, a guy has only one dick!

So let me ask you - for very feminine girls - with narrow, feminine shoulders - with at least some kind of butt - not totally flat - for maximum beauty - 8's on an international scale - where would you go, if not the Phil's?
For an under 35 average to better white guy, I think you have a fair shot at this type in Taiwan which happens to have a lot of them. I suspect the same goes for certain parts of Russia, Ukraine, and some other parts of Eastern Europe but I have almost no experience in those markets (just a week in Moscow, lol). China is great for skin, faces, and height. But its harder to find that ass there, lol. Plus, a lot of mainland Chinese may be more biased against non-Chinese or at least non-NE Asians than the relatively open Taiwanese. SP and HK might be doable for finding that type if you are a higher ranking western expat (ie impressive company, title, and income). I think Chinese in Malaysia are lot tougher to court for a westerner than those in some of the other markets I've mentioned.

The other areas where you will find plenty of beauties (better shapes overall but worse skin quality when compared to NE Asian gals) and enjoy some sort of handicap as a westerner I think are certain Caribbean countries (most notably Dominican Republic or perhaps rural Cuba), South American countries such as Peru, Colombia, and Brazil, and perhaps Mexico just south of the border. Brazil seems to have the hotness market cornered but most Brazileiras know this unfortunately. As for age and looks, I reckon girls in rural Cuba and perhaps Peru would be the most forgiving.

Now if we talk about black guys instead of white guys, they seem to get plenty of attention and play from the more desirable physical type in many areas of western Europe assuming they look decent enough. A lot of em also claim to do well in Japan and even S. Korea. Go figure.

When you are down to a point you no longer enjoy any sort of worthwhile handicap in any of the markets I've mentioned above as discovered from trial and error, then I suppose it best to move on to SE Asia and try your luck cherry picking in the likes of Phils or perhaps Cambodia or Indonesia. If you are unlucky and fail to attract the rare lookers in those areas, then settle for the plane janes or worse or get used to straight-up P4P, or perhaps a combination of both.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

davewe wrote:There's an awful lot of analysis here to describe one simple fact: that women in PI (and many other countries) are sweeter and friendlier than in Western countries. Is the girl who smiles at you flirting with you? Maybe but just as likely she is just friendly - up to you to find out of you have a mind to.

For example I was at the Manila airport at 5:00 AM a couple weeks ago to take a Cebu Pacific flight to Cebu. Five freaking AM! I was tired and grumpy. The girl behind the counter smiled, called me Sir and was just bubbly. The people surrounding me were generally upbeat and smiling. Totally different than the people in my home city at 5 freaking AM! That didn't mean she was flirting with me - though a few do.

BTW, to make the phenomena more complex some of the girls most interested in you won't overtly flirt. They'll get shy, turn away or look down, not speak, etc.

But I do agree with the general premise. Girls are friendlier and more direct and open with their feelings - so yes, you are likely to have someone respond directly without the nasty games you are used to in the West.
I agree with Dave on this topic. LOL first time I even went to the Philippines I got off the airport and was standing in the long immigrations line at the airport. Finally it was my turn the show the customs agent my passport. She looked it over and said, "welcome to Philippines Mr. Gwapo."

Fact of the matter is that 30-40% of filipinas are open to dating foreigners and when one passes into their lives they may flirt or make a suggestive comment or two or three. My wife was one of those looking for a foreigner :) This doesn't make her a slut or a bad girl...it's just her preference. In fact her two other sisters are same and they are married to men in USA as well.

That said probably 60-70% of filipinas want nothing to do with foreigners. I remember having drinks at a bar in Cebu and one of my wife's friends was the hostess and she came over and met me and basically said, "oh I can't believe you are dating a non-filipino man."

Luckily for us, that 30-40% of the filipina population still gives us HUGE population to prospect.

In response to Ginger's comments, yes we foreign men can get so much attention that it's easy for us to get big heads and think that everybody filipina has interest and that simply isn't the case.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote: For an under 35 average to better white guy, I think you have a fair shot at this type in Taiwan which happens to have a lot of them. I suspect the same goes for certain parts of Russia, Ukraine, and some other parts of Eastern Europe but I have almost no experience in those markets (just a week in Moscow, lol). China is great for skin, faces, and height. But its harder to find that a** there, lol. Plus, a lot of mainland Chinese may be more biased against non-Chinese or at least non-NE Asians than the relatively open Taiwanese. SP and HK might be doable for finding that type if you are a higher ranking western expat (ie impressive company, title, and income). I think Chinese in Malaysia are lot tougher to court for a westerner than those in some of the other markets I've mentioned.

The other areas where you will find plenty of beauties (better shapes overall but worse skin quality when compared to NE Asian gals) and enjoy some sort of handicap as a westerner I think are certain Caribbean countries (most notably Dominican Republic or perhaps rural Cuba), South American countries such as Peru, Colombia, and Brazil, and perhaps Mexico just south of the border. Brazil seems to have the hotness market cornered but most Brazileiras know this unfortunately. As for age and looks, I reckon girls in rural Cuba and perhaps Peru would be the most forgiving.

Now if we talk about black guys instead of white guys, they seem to get plenty of attention and play from the more desirable physical type in many areas of western Europe assuming they look decent enough. A lot of em also claim to do well in Japan and even S. Korea. Go figure.

When you are down to a point you no longer enjoy any sort of worthwhile handicap in any of the markets I've mentioned above as discovered from trial and error, then I suppose it best to move on to SE Asia and try your luck cherry picking in the likes of Phils or perhaps Cambodia or Indonesia. If you are unlucky and fail to attract the rare lookers in those areas, then settle for the plane janes or worse or get used to straight-up P4P, or perhaps a combination of both.
Thanks, Rock. Great overview.
Robert Devid Baker
Freshman Poster

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by Robert Devid Baker »

Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I don't think so it's sexual harassment.This is kind of teasing, you can't call it harassment.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Sexual Harassment In The Philippines

Post by Yohan »

Robert Devid Baker wrote:
Taco wrote:The Philippines is the only country I've lived in where I've been openly sexually harassed by women(mostly teens and early twenties). A few days ago I went down to the market to buy some fruit, "Hi, I'd like 1 Kilo of mangoes please" the girl( about 17 yrs old) working at the stand then handed my fruit to me and replied, "Is there anything else you want? and burst out laughing with her friend. This happens to me at least once a week but I catch women starring at me everyday and sometimes I don't even notice. That said, I'm guessing sexual harassment by women here is a very under reported crime.
I don't think so it's sexual harassment.This is kind of teasing, you can't call it harassment.
I think so too, in Philippines I would say, take it easy, give them any funny and nice answer.

Ask such young girls some nonsense 'How many children you have?' 'Where is your older sister?' 'Is your mother still married? or whatever...If a woman is looking at you, then say Hello, what can I do for you, I am ready... or whatever... just say anything and laugh...

In Japan there is something similar going on with a certain small number of foreigners who feel 'discriminated' all the time, about all and everything.. a case of paranoia. I can only laugh when I hear all these stories.

Sexual harassment? Better than in UK or USA for sure. Enjoy to be a foreigner in Asia.