A Clever Way to Ask if She is a Virgin?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

A Clever Way to Ask if She is a Virgin?

Post by MrMan »

For some of us men, it is important that the woman we marry is a virgin. I can think of one other poster who has expressed concern about this off the top of my head. It is a concern for some of us Christian men who haven't slept around, especially.

I was at a Bible Study in Indonesia. We met in this Nigerian woman's apartment. A number of us were expats and there were some locals in the mix. We are also a group of friends that would go out and eat after church. We went to an orphanage, went to see a movie. Maybe we saw a lot of them. One of the men there put on a full Thanksgiving dinner. And many of us are still are on a Whatsapp Group together 20+ years later as the group scattered around the world. I need to keep up with reading that.

Anyway, the Nigerian lady was a little sassy or outspoken, but fun to be around. And the guy who later did the Thanksgiving thing was a white man from the South, a congenial fellow with a good sense of humor. They were in the kitchen getting some food ready. There was a bottle of olive oil there. The white guy asked the Nigerian girl:

"If you were a bottle of olive oil, would you be extra virgin or dark and fruity." There may have been a few people around. I overheard it. She busted out laughing and said, "Extra virgin, of course."

That was the funniest way to ask that question. It was so clever it overrode the offensiveness of the question and she answered it. I would have had to have appropriated that for my own use if I had not already had the conversation with the woman I was going to marry.

The Nigerian woman had a clever wit, a bit too sassy for someone like me. But he really liked it and commented on it once. I figured he was really interested to be asking a question like that. I suspect she had some interest, too. I could tell he liked her, but when I brought up the topic, he said his parents would die if he brought home a black wife. I think he did not pursue it because of racism in the family. I think he liked some white girls, but did not seem to show any interest in Indonesian girls. I think he's still single.