Marrying an Arab woman - a business transaction for many

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
boixos24
Freshman Poster

Marrying an Arab woman - a business transaction for many

Post by boixos24 »

This blog perfectly describes what the marriage process is like in North Africa

https://www.mezzoguild.com/when-i-almos ... ke-arabic/

Essentially it portrays how the bride's family will give up their daughter if the potential groom has a stable income and enough dowry. The daughter's opinion of the man isn't as important.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Re: Marrying an Arab woman - a business transaction for many

Post by jerryrigged »

boixos24 wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 1:02 pm

Essentially it portrays how the bride's family will give up their daughter if the potential groom has a stable income and enough dowry. The daughter's opinion of the man isn't as important.
I like the Indian system more... Where the brides family pays dowry to the groom....
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

boixos24 wrote:

Thank you, not my way of life.
What I have seen in my past while working for Egypt was more than enough to avoid this country for the rest of my life. - And I was working for Egypt outside of Egypt in overseas offices. Not a place for me to consider to settle down, and surely not a place for me to consider to take a woman out from there.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

jerryrigged wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 1:58 pm
boixos24 wrote:

I like the Indian system more... Where the brides family pays dowry to the groom....
However this custom is also prone to misuse...
Indian laws are rather feminist orientated, at least in financially better off families with higher education.

The bride's family pays the dowry and soon after the marriage the daughter and her parents claim abuse and try to get huge money out from the husband and his parents.

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english ... -acquittal
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

boixos24 wrote:

I didn't find the part about the daughter's opinion being unimportant in that article. Parents have the power to reject a potential suitor, but does that mean they'd force her to marry a man she didn't like? I'm not sure how Muslims handle that. I don't think I've seen it in Indonesia. Though I did know one maid who'd converted to Christianity whose dad wanted her to go back to the village and marry a Muslim man. But I haven't heard of weddings that went through with the bride being dragged to the altar. One of my students got knocked up in high school, invited me to the very small wedding, and she littler cried, basically wailed, throughout the whole thing.

In Indonesia, there is at least one culture where the bride's family has to 'buy' the husband with gold. They say it can be for show and the family gives it back at the end if they agree on that secretly. I haven't heard of the cultures having such expensive bride or groom prices. Wedding parties are the expensive thing there.

'Haram' means forbidden in Arabic and is used for forbidden food. 'Halal' means lawful, and it is used by Muslims like 'kosher' is for Jewish food.

I had a co-worker, a Chinese Muslim in Indonesia, who'd gone to Mecca. A shopkeeper there asked her, "Are you haram or halal?' She asked him what he meant and he wanted to know if she was married. Apparently, at the time, he'd have to pay a dowry of about $20,000 to marry a local woman, but he could get around that or pay less by marrying a foreigner.
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

Yohan wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 7:06 pm
jerryrigged wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 1:58 pm
boixos24 wrote:

However this custom is also prone to misuse...
Indian laws are rather feminist orientated, at least in financially better off families with higher education.

The bride's family pays the dowry and soon after the marriage the daughter and her parents claim abuse and try to get huge money out from the husband and his parents.

https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english ... -acquittal
I feel like theres so much good things to say about India but it is an irrefutable fact that it is the "kingdom of scams".
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

jerryrigged wrote:
September 26th, 2021, 9:16 pm
I feel like theres so much good things to say about India but it is an irrefutable fact that it is the "kingdom of scams".
It is a long time ago I have been in India. For sure the upper and middle class of educated financial well off families are not interested to allow a foreign man to marry their daughters. There is the caste system within the Hindus, there is a gender imbalance, there is a problem about religion in case of Muslims etc...

On the other side, for sure many poor Indian women do not mind to be with foreign husband if treated not too badly and need not to be worried about providing a dowry, but they are mostly uneducated, from rural areas, urban slums etc. and in general I have to say, India is too dirty for me to live there...

----
About countries like Egypt and most other Arab countries, these people do not fit my way of life, same with black women from most countries in Africa.
No way. What I have seen with these people, not even willing to try.

The only places I found in my life not that bad and a woman from that place might be still acceptable for me as a wife were Morocco, Lebanon and interesting to say, also Iran.

For me the best places to look around for women are still Japan, Philippines ...but Thailand, South Korea not so much...

Of course other men have been in other countries and have more experience about different regions, for example, I have never been in Latin America, I cannot comment about it...