End of the EU

Discuss issues related to politics, government and law.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

End of the EU

Post by jamesbond »

Starting this year, we may see the beginning of the end of the European Union.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: End of the EU

Post by yick »

Unlikely, dimwit. :roll:
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I don't think so... EU will continue, but without UK.

UK is leaving, not such a small country, but it was also a serious troublemaker often blocking decisions, especially those related to USA. It was frequently protecting business interests of USA and not of EU. UK was never really co-operative within EU, more acting as an outsider.

I don't think, that this fairly large group of countries, some of them rather small, consider to end their EU-membership.
It is much easier to act together showing up as a large group in international business than to be ignored as a small country.

EU with 27 member states (without UK) has 447 million people totally, that's more than the population of USA and Canada together.

FYI, Russia has only 147 million people, this is 3 times less than EU without UK.

EU map without UK

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Yohan is correct, the EU will be a lot better off without the UK in there and they will be more aligned.

As a Brit - EU membership has been a bonus for me personally, it has brought a lot of benefits to me as an ordinary citizen.

People think the United States will be a benefactor to the UK in a post-Brexit world, history definitely says otherwise.

I think we will be knocking on their door sooner rather than later - if they have any sense they will tell us to f**k off.

Some countries will be getting thrown out - Hungary for one if it carries on the way it has been doing.

Return to “Politics, Government, Law”