Poverty Is Not An Accident

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Re: Poverty Is Not An Accident

Post by Man With a Plan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 5:50 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 2:24 am
There's a lot of bitter and broken people on this forum. I genuinely hope you all find your niche and your place on God's once-green earth.
I do come off as gloating with these types, but I do it not only for fun, but to motivate. Some quiet ones do catch on, but the ones too consumed by anger and frustration never do.

One thing I can say for certain is we never see successful people who are secure in their contentment behave in such a way. Therein lies the core reason but some are just not bright enough to connect the dots.

But @Cornfed and @Ghost don’t make it at all easy for us to feel sorry for them. That’s for sure.....
Not that you're any better, of course. The most sensible person on this forum has to be xiaomao and he's gone now. Even the pedos Rock and Will N Dowd weren't this bad. But I tire of having these conversations. Improve or don't; it's your life after all.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Cornfed wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 12:59 pm
Neo wrote:
July 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm
A man's problem could be solved if he moved to Poland, Hungary, Russia or sub Saharan Africa, or Asia. I can't see A.A. affecting him there.
Then there's still the issue of what he is going to do for a living.
There is this TV show called, "I Almost Got Away with It." Many times it's about some men trying to escape US law enforcement by running down to hide in Mexico. As far as I can tell, they don't seem to have a hard time getting jobs down there, surprisingly.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Neo wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 11:08 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
A man's problem could be solved if he moved to Poland, Hungary, Russia or sub Saharan Africa, or Asia. I can't see A.A. affecting him there.
There is this TV show called, "I Almost Got Away with It." Many times it's about some men trying to escape US law enforcement by running down to hide in Mexico. As far as I can tell, they don't seem to have a hard time getting jobs down there, surprisingly.
What do they generally do?
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Cornfed wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 11:22 pm
Neo wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 11:08 pm
Cornfed wrote:
Neo wrote:
What do they generally do?
It's been awhile, but I remember one was a computer instructor of some kind.

I also now remember an old member from this site: Skateboardsteven or stephen? Anyways, moved to Brazil on no money and found a wife, lives a Brazilian in a barrio somewhere.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.