Who wants to start a mastermind group?

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Who wants to start a mastermind group?

Post by Johnny1975 »

If there are any entrepreneurs or wannabe entrepreneurs, would you like to form a mastermind group so that we can put our heads together and help each other?

It wouldn't need to be too formal, just as long as we have an easy way to communicate. I know very little about this stuff, so maybe someone else would like to take the lead, but I thought I'd make the suggestion.

The more the merrier, but maybe we could split into smaller groups for each niche (or along different lines, if that's better).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Who wants to start a mastermind group?

Post by Moretorque »

were completely handicapped without Mr. Peabody.
Time to Hide!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I would like to be an entrepreneur. I have some good ideas but no capital, and like everything else in life my good ideas require capital.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

I guess it depends what you want to do.

So, who is interested?
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

What aspects of entrepreneurship do you want to consider? Are you interested in entrepreneurs in the sense of the academic literature on the subject, or just anyone who wants to start their own business and be their own boss?

What would the purpose of the group be, exactly?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

MrMan wrote:What aspects of entrepreneurship do you want to consider? Are you interested in entrepreneurs in the sense of the academic literature on the subject, or just anyone who wants to start their own business and be their own boss?

What would the purpose of the group be, exactly?
What aspects of entrepreneurship do you want to consider? - Me, personally, creating information products and writing ebooks, and marketing them. But I'm happy to talk about other similar or related topics.

Are you interested in entrepreneurs in the sense of the academic literature on the subject, or just anyone who wants to start their own business and be their own boss? - The latter. People who have or want to start an online business, and be their own boss.

What would the purpose of the group be, exactly? - To motivate each other, to be able to discuss and ask questions and tips and ideas on marketing and product creation. And if anyone ants to collaborate, that's fine too.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

We are a mastermind group. It is just that there is nothing much the average person can do.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Johnny1975 wrote:I guess it depends what you want to do.

So, who is interested?
I might be interested.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Ok good, who else?

Like I say, I know very little about this but I just want to get the ball rolling.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 28th, 2020, 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The problem is is any good ideas the state will steal them for themselves. I know a gal who was going to be a millionaire and she got her ideas stolen and now China is making her product she spent years developing. You know they are tracking all info,
Time to Hide!
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Moretorque wrote:The problem is is any good ideas the state will steal them for themselves. I know a gal who was going to be a millionaire and she got her ideas stolen and now China is making her product she spent years developing. You know they are tracking all info,
What product would that be?
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

Ghost wrote:What does a "mastermind group" do? is it a support group? Do we actively help each other? Get together and brainstorm?

It sounds interesting but I'm not clear on what exactly it is.
Yes, yes and yes.

It's a small group of people with similar goals who get together and form a network. For example, 5 bloggers having a video chat on skype once every couple of weeks to tell each other what they've been doing, what their goals are, and then they help each other (i.e. one of them might know a lot about selling ebooks on their blog, and they tell the others how to do it.....or whatever).

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chicceo/201 ... ind-group/

http://www.business2community.com/strat ... up-0932088

http://blogs.sap.com/innovation/innovat ... 5-02077896

http://www.marydemuth.com/10-reasons-wh ... ind-group/
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

This is to vague. Having a group focused on being 'entrepreneurs' is too vague unless you want to discuss academic theories of entrepreneurship or just have someone give a hyped up motivational speech about success.

If we were in a specific industry making similar products or offering similar services, it might make sense.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Tsar wrote:
Moretorque wrote:The problem is is any good ideas the state will steal them for themselves. I know a gal who was going to be a millionaire and she got her ideas stolen and now China is making her product she spent years developing. You know they are tracking all info,
What product would that be?
It was something she developed for medical and very sophisticated. She could not figure out how it happened but I am sure she has now after what Snowden revealed. You see controlling shares in the world wide corporate structure is owned by the same elite people.
Time to Hide!