Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Post by Winston »

Btw @yick please see this stunning and compelling 1981 documentary on reincarnation where FOUR WOMEN in Australia who had past life memories of being in Europe, were taken there to see if their memories could be verified and substantiated. What they found will astround you and blow your mind! After you see it, you will definitely be more open to my claim that many of my past lives were in England and Europe. Don't just dismiss it, watch it with an open mind. Everyone in this documentay is very honest and down to earth, like honest ordinary everyday people.

Video description:

1981 documentary with australian hypnotherapist Peter Ramster. Filmed live as the research was undertaken. -with a bonus update for Gwen McDonald!-

Four women are regressed to their past lives and then seek out the places they remembered under hypnosis and find the evidence beyond the extent they had imagined.

Cynthia Henderson: Amélie de Cheville whose manor house was Château Cerisy Belle Etoille (now Château Cerisy-Belle-Étoile) in Normandy, France, about two hundred years earlier (died 1763).

Helen Pickering: Doctor James (Archibald) Burns, born in 1807, who studied medicine at Marischal College, Aberdeen then had his own practice in Blairgowrie, Scotland.

Jenny Green: Dorothe Halman, of Düsseldorf, jewish teen girl in nazi Germany during the Holocaust.

Gwen McDonald: Rose Duncan, born in 1765, whose house was Rose Cottage in Somerset, England.

The evidence is extraordinary. The full details of the expedition were written up in the book 'The Search For Lives Past' by Peter Ramster.

"I don't think it's any more weird that I would show up in another life than it was that I showed up in this one."
- Eleanor Rosevelt.

"Being born twice, is no more extraordinary than being born once in the first place."
- Voltaire
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why am I overly sensitive to sudden sounds and interruptions that others can ignore or filter out?

Post by Winston »

Btw Yick,
I think you misunderstand something. When I say my soul is European, I don't mean the modern Europeans of modern culture. I mean like 1800's Victorian England of the Italian Renaissance of the 1500's, or the European Enlightenment intellectuals of the 1700's. My soul is a lot like Socrates and Plato. A true philosopher/truth seeker soul. Remember that quote from Ladislav that said that my soul is more like a "European Existentialist" rather than an average American? It's on my quotes page.

If you ask Dianne, she will also agree that I am not like a modern man, but more like a man from the 1800's. I don't like modern things or modern music or modern culture. I don't even believe in equality. I have views that are considered "racist" by modern standards but would be considered normal in the 1800's. I don't believe in the American form of democracy, at least not in full. I listen to Classical and Renaissance music. Even on this forum, very few men listen to that. So no, I am not modern at all.

Use your brain for a minute Yick. Let me spell it out for you. Consider the list below.

1. I'm not into baseball or football at all, which are classic all American sports.
2. I do not believe in having a dog at home like Americans commonly do. As we all know, America is a dog worshipping cult. Britain is too I hear.
3. I do not believe in everyone having guns. Nor would I want to buy a gun. Americans are obsessed with guns and blowing things up, as we all know. I'm not like that. I prefer peace or else medieval weapons like swords, or stun guns.
4. I am not eternally optimistic. I do not always say, "I'm doing great!" like Americans always do when asked, "how are you?" Instead, I will tell you exactly how I feel if you ask me how I am.
5. I do not like to tip and overtip like Americans do generously. I don't believe in forced tipping. I've talked to Europeans and they told me they agree, that tipping should be optional, not mandatory.
6. I am not competitive like American culture is. I believe in cooperation, not competition. In Jeremy Rifkin's book "The European Dream" he says that Europeans believe in cooperation, not competition. So that book backs me up.
7. I do not believe that America is the greatest country or the freest country like the classic American does.
8. I do not believe in the American form of democracy. I believe in philosopher kings like in Plato's "The Republic" or else a libertarian government without politicians, and only allowing intelligent people with high morals and virutes to vote, not everyone. The American democracy assumes that majority rule is always a good thing, regardless of how immoral or stupid the majority is. Of course I disagree with that. So did President John Adams.
9. I prefer taking trains and buses rather than driving cars. I do not speed on the road either.
10. I do not believe that everyone should be independent and not need others. I believe people should need others and that it's natural and normal to do so. American self-help and New Age books always say that, "You should not need a woman for love. You should be happy alone and become whole by yourself, before seeking a woman partner, because no one likes a person who is needy for love." I disagree with that and have said so many times.
11. I do not agree with most Americans that we are all masters of our destiny. I believe most of our destiny is determined by fate or "the gods" like the ancient Greeks and Romans believe. Look up "Stoicism" and it will tell you that. Also like the culture in India believes too. I do believe in free will, but only 20 or 30 percent, and mostly in regards to trivial issues like which bagel flavor you want, but not in deciding the larger things. That's definitely not an American view.
12. I do not brag about banging lots of women or having lots of money made or spent, like many older American males do. If I argue or debate passionately, it's because I have a passion for truth, not because of my ego.
13. I do not believe in equality like modern Americans do. I believe in fairness, kindness, respect and moral values and virtues, but not the modern concept of exact equality in every way shape and form. I also have views that would be considered racist by today's standards but normal in the 1800's.
14. I listen to Classical, Renaissance and Medieval music, which as we all know, were made in Europe. Modern Americans don't listen to that, at least not anymore. Most guys on this forum don't either.
15. I don't drink coffee much or beer like American men love to. I prefer tea, like old style European/English gentlemen do, and like traditional noblemen in Asia and China do.
16. I do not "live to work". I do not believe that "you are what you do" or "you are your job". Europeans say that they "work to live" not "live to work". That's a common adage. It's also quoted in Jeremy Rifkin's book "The European Dream" too. Many European travelers and backpackers will tell you they believe that too, if you ask them. Furthermore, they will also tell you that they believe the purpose of life is to have "a variety of rich meaningful experiences", not to make money or acquire material things or achieve career success. That's my attitude as well.
Etc. Etc.

So you see, how can I be American in soul or personality? Think about it. Use your brain. None of my views above are American at all, as everyone can see.

Now yeah, I may have some American characteristics in my personality, such as being outspoken or individualistic and unique, but that's my surface personality. I'm talking about my core soul here. I'm definitely an old soul. Most of the traits of old souls in the old soul videos I posted in the soul ages thread do fit me. You don't usually see very many old souls in America. They are more common in Europe in countries like Iceland, Switzerland, Holland, Russia, etc. Didn't you know that? Maybe you're not spiritual, so you don't know. Well now you do. Part of me may be an ET soul or indigo soul too or wanderer soul, like not of this world too. Who knows. Most likely, I'm a hybrid of different things, not just one culture, since if I'm an old soul who has had many lifetimes, then naturally I would be a hybrid of many different types of souls and personas.

Anyway Yick, next time use your brain and think a little before you speak. And take all of the above into account before you talk please. Look at the big picture, not the narrow one that arrogant men see.

If you treat this post like you never saw it, then I will merely copy and paste it again for you. I hate guys that do that, ignore all data they don't like and pretend that reality only fits what they believe, as if they were god. I hate that kind of pompous male attitude. So please factor in all the above into the equation. I am being honest here, and not lying to you. So please treat me with respect and consider what I say and listen to what I say too. Don't just ignore everything I say like an a-hole. Ok? I treated you with respect before too when you had that fight with Ghost, so please do the same with me and learn to listen to me too ok?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 4:13 am
HouseMD wrote:
June 24th, 2020, 10:17 am
Winston wrote:
July 21st, 2010, 4:24 am
Why am I so sensitive to sound and feel so attacked and violated by it? I've been like this since I was 15.

A sudden sound to me is like a physical object striking me. Either way it's an intrusion that I sometimes lash back at with a temper tantrum, especially if I was in the middle of a thought or intention, in which case will be blocked and thwarted. Sounds are like a direct stop and interference with whatever thought or intention I had at the time.

How come other people aren't like that? It seems they tolerate interruptions like they are normal and in the flow of things. To me, interruptions are like a major diversion off course.

Do other people have some kind of mental filter in them that prevents sounds from affecting them? If so, how did my filter disappear?

Or am I just extremely sensitive to things like sound? I know one other guy who's like this, and he is also a deep insightful intellectual writer too. Are artistic and insightful people more likely to be like this?

Is there a name for this condition? Is it a kind of mental disorder?

PS - Murphy's law seems to work through it too, or perhaps the "law of attraction". When I'm with my parents, my mom belches like every other minute when I'm around, which drives me crazy and causes me to yell out in pain and anguish. My dad actually says that when I'm NOT around, she belches much less. Often at the start of the day, it doesn't even begin until I arrive! As soon as I am around, the belching starts again. It's like what I want to stop the most actually goes up in frequency when I'm around! Very weird. It might be something subconscious on her part, the law of attraction at work, or Murphy's Law.
It legitimately sounds like you have autism, which would also explain many of your other quirks.
You aren't a psychiatrist or mental health professional. So you don't know and aren't qualified to judge or diagnose. FYI, I've seen several therapists and psychologists before. They don't know what I have. What I have doesn't fit any of their manuals. The closest they could come up with was OCD, but that is problematic, because I don't fit all the criteria for OCD and I do not have specific rituals like hand washing. The mental health professionals I had sessions with NEVER said I had autism or aspergers, FYI.

Also, some people are just considered odd birds or very eccentric but have no mental illness. The Psychology 101 textbook points that out, that some people are just plain weird, but have no mental disorders.
Psychologists don't diagnose autism, psychiatrists do. And I could very well be one for all you know, I never disclosed my field of practice. But even if I hypothetically were one, I couldn't diagnose you over the internet, it's not a comprehensive enough picture. What I will say is that you do have a lot of traits that would make me question a diagnosis of autism in the differential. That's not necessarily a bad thing, personally I think that autism likely has an evolutionary function in society that we don't understand and that people with autism aren't ill but just different (unless they also have profound associated developmental disability). Here's the diagnostic criteria, if you're curious.

https://www.autismspeaks.org/autism-dia ... eria-dsm-5
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Winston wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Winston wrote:
Why am I so sensitive to sound and feel so attacked and violated by it? I've been like this since I was 15.

A sudden sound to me is like a physical object striking me. Either way it's an intrusion that I sometimes lash back at with a temper tantrum, especially if I was in the middle of a thought or intention, in which case will be blocked and thwarted. Sounds are like a direct stop and interference with whatever thought or intention I had at the time.

How come other people aren't like that? It seems they tolerate interruptions like they are normal and in the flow of things. To me, interruptions are like a major diversion off course.

Do other people have some kind of mental filter in them that prevents sounds from affecting them? If so, how did my filter disappear?

Or am I just extremely sensitive to things like sound? I know one other guy who's like this, and he is also a deep insightful intellectual writer too. Are artistic and insightful people more likely to be like this?

PS - Murphy's law seems to work through it too, or perhaps the "law of attraction". When I'm with my parents, my mom belches like every other minute when I'm around, which drives me crazy and causes me to yell out in pain and anguish. My dad actually says that when I'm NOT around, she belches much less. Often at the start of the day, it doesn't even begin until I arrive! As soon as I am around, the belching starts again. It's like what I want to stop the most actually goes up in frequency when I'm around! Very weird. It might be something subconscious on her part, the law of attraction at work, or Murphy's Law.
It legitimately sounds like you have autism, which would also explain many of your other quirks.
You aren't a psychiatrist or mental health professional. So you don't know and aren't qualified to judge or diagnose. FYI, I've seen several therapists and psychologists before. They don't know what I have. What I have doesn't fit any of their manuals. The closest they could come up with was OCD, but that is problematic, because I don't fit all the criteria for OCD and I do not have specific rituals like hand washing. The mental health professionals I had sessions with NEVER said I had autism or aspergers, FYI.

Also, some people are just considered odd birds or very eccentric but have no mental illness. The Psychology 101 textbook points that out, that some people are just plain weird, but have no mental disorders.
Psychologists don't diagnose autism, psychiatrists do. And I could very well be one for all you know, I never disclosed my field of practice. But even if I hypothetically were one, I couldn't diagnose you over the internet, it's not a comprehensive enough picture. What I will say is that you do have a lot of traits that would make me question a diagnosis of autism in the differential. That's not necessarily a bad thing, personally I think that autism likely has an evolutionary function in society that we don't understand and that people with autism aren't ill but just different (unless they also have profound associated developmental disability). Here's the diagnostic criteria, if you're curious.

Which of those criteria fit me? It mentioned that autistic people have incoherent communication skills. Yet if you read my posts, you can tell that my writing is very coherent, articulate, specific and clear. Not incoherent at all. Everyone here can see that, including you. I also am very accurate in spelling/grammar too. So that trait doesn't fit me.

Well you said before that you were an MD in medical school or training, so that doesn't sound like a psychiatrist to me. You mention being surrounded by doctors and nurses too.

Besides, we all know psychiatrists are drug dispensers and will seek any excuse to give someone medication, right? Even if it's unnecessary.

What's the difference between autism and asberger's btw? Are there different types in each too?

In abnormal psychology class, my teacher told us not to get paranoid when reading the abnormal psychology textbook and start thinking that if the traits for this or that mental disorder fit us, then we must have it. Having some traits doesn't mean you have the disorder, he said. He said that many students get paranoid and think that they must have every mental disorder in the textbook because they identify with some of the criteria. So even if you have some of the traits listed, it doesn't mean you have the mental disorder.

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

The other possible thing would be schizotypal personality disorder, as noted here:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353919

Wouldn't explain your noise sensitivity, which tends to be more associated with autism, PTSD, or OCD.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 2:35 pm
HouseMD wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Winston wrote:
HouseMD wrote:
Winston wrote:

Which of those criteria fit me? It mentioned that autistic people have incoherent communication skills. Yet if you read my posts, you can tell that my writing is very coherent, articulate, specific and clear. Not incoherent at all. Everyone here can see that, including you. I also am very accurate in spelling/grammar too. So that trait doesn't fit me.

Well you said before that you were an MD in medical school or training, so that doesn't sound like a psychiatrist to me. You mention being surrounded by doctors and nurses too.

Besides, we all know psychiatrists are drug dispensers and will seek any excuse to give someone medication, right? Even if it's unnecessary.

What's the difference between autism and asberger's btw? Are there different types in each too?

In abnormal psychology class, my teacher told us not to get paranoid when reading the abnormal psychology textbook and start thinking that if the traits for this or that mental disorder fit us, then we must have it. Having some traits doesn't mean you have the disorder, he said. He said that many students get paranoid and think that they must have every mental disorder in the textbook because they identify with some of the criteria. So even if you have some of the traits listed, it doesn't mean you have the mental disorder.
Autistic people do not have incoherent speech in all cases. They usually have unusual speech that is extremely specific in nature. It can often be *too clear* as they overemphasize things to the point of excess. Asperger's is a type of autism, characterized by difficulties perceiving and expressing social cues.

Psychiatrists are MDs that complete four years of training in psychiatry after medical school. The first two years of training are inpatient, the last two mostly outpatient. Many psychiatrists practice in inpatient settings, such as consultation services and inpatient psychiatric units. There is no pill for autism, but they still diagnose it because it isn't all pill pushing
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

HouseMD,
Can someone have 10 or 20 percent of a mental disorder? Or is it all or nothing? lol. How many of these mental disorders have been shown to have a biochemical imbalance in the brain? What if the brainscans or CATSCANS show normal brain? Then the disorder is just a label right?

The thing is, I can look up any mental disorder and agree that I have a few of the traits listed, but not all of them. How would a professional psychiatrist know whether you have it or not if you match the traits partially? Anyone can match some traits of any disorder right? No one is perfectly normal without defects or weaknesses or negative traits.

About being a loner or having social anxiety, I wonder what a psychiatrist or psychologist would say about someone who only has social anxiety or no friends in like say America or Taiwan where the social culture is very cliquish and lone males are ignored, as opposed to say more socially open and gregarious cultures where that same person does not feel any social anxiety at all and has a lot more friends? For example, in Russia or Philippines I don't feel social anxiety at all, like in America.

I should go to the psychiatric national conference or meeting and bring up this topic, because it seems to be out of the box and never discussed. Probably a psychiatrist would be shocked to hear that and not know what to make out of it. Because location should not matter. I think HA should be called "locational therapy". lol

HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Winston wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 3:05 pm
HouseMD,
Can someone have 10 or 20 percent of a mental disorder? Or is it all or nothing? lol. How many of these mental disorders have been shown to have a biochemical imbalance in the brain? What if the brainscans or CATSCANS show normal brain? Then the disorder is just a label right?

The thing is, I can look up any mental disorder and agree that I have a few of the traits listed, but not all of them. How would a professional psychiatrist know whether you have it or not if you match the traits partially? Anyone can match some traits of any disorder right? No one is perfectly normal without defects or weaknesses or negative traits.

About being a loner or having social anxiety, I wonder what a psychiatrist or psychologist would say about someone who only has social anxiety or no friends in like say America or Taiwan where the social culture is very cliquish and lone males are ignored, as opposed to say more socially open and gregarious cultures where that same person does not feel any social anxiety at all and has a lot more friends? For example, in Russia or Philippines I don't feel social anxiety at all, like in America.

I should go to the psychiatric national conference or meeting and bring up this topic, because it seems to be out of the box and never discussed. Probably a psychiatrist would be shocked to hear that and not know what to make out of it. Because location should not matter. I think HA should be called "locational therapy". lol
I think you're selling yourself short at 20%. You have a disorder or you don't, only personality disorders have traits without a full diagnosis that are diagnostically useful. I guarantee you're certifiably something, though I don't think you're the sort that needs treatment for anything, it would just kind of let you know what is going on. I think a lot of diagnosable things don't necessarily meet the criteria for pathology and the DSM should be changed
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 1:31 pm
Btw Yick,
I think you misunderstand something. When I say my soul is European, I don't mean the modern Europeans of modern culture. I mean like 1800's Victorian England of the Italian Renaissance of the 1500's, or the European Enlightenment intellectuals of the 1700's. My soul is a lot like Socrates and Plato. A true philosopher/truth seeker soul. Remember that quote from Ladislav that said that my soul is more like a "European Existentialist" rather than an average American? It's on my quotes page.

If you ask Dianne, she will also agree that I am not like a modern man, but more like a man from the 1800's. I don't like modern things or modern music or modern culture. I don't even believe in equality. I have views that are considered "racist" by modern standards but would be considered normal in the 1800's. I don't believe in the American form of democracy, at least not in full. I listen to Classical and Renaissance music. Even on this forum, very few men listen to that. So no, I am not modern at all.

Use your brain for a minute Yick. Let me spell it out for you. Consider the list below.

1. I'm not into baseball or football at all, which are classic all American sports.
2. I do not believe in having a dog at home like Americans commonly do. As we all know, America is a dog worshipping cult. Britain is too I hear.
3. I do not believe in everyone having guns. Nor would I want to buy a gun. Americans are obsessed with guns and blowing things up, as we all know. I'm not like that. I prefer peace or else medieval weapons like swords, or stun guns.
4. I am not eternally optimistic. I do not always say, "I'm doing great!" like Americans always do when asked, "how are you?" Instead, I will tell you exactly how I feel if you ask me how I am.
5. I do not like to tip and overtip like Americans do generously. I don't believe in forced tipping. I've talked to Europeans and they told me they agree, that tipping should be optional, not mandatory.
6. I am not competitive like American culture is. I believe in cooperation, not competition. In Jeremy Rifkin's book "The European Dream" he says that Europeans believe in cooperation, not competition. So that book backs me up.
7. I do not believe that America is the greatest country or the freest country like the classic American does.
8. I do not believe in the American form of democracy. I believe in philosopher kings like in Plato's "The Republic" or else a libertarian government without politicians, and only allowing intelligent people with high morals and virutes to vote, not everyone. The American democracy assumes that majority rule is always a good thing, regardless of how immoral or stupid the majority is. Of course I disagree with that. So did President John Adams.
9. I prefer taking trains and buses rather than driving cars. I do not speed on the road either.
10. I do not believe that everyone should be independent and not need others. I believe people should need others and that it's natural and normal to do so. American self-help and New Age books always say that, "You should not need a woman for love. You should be happy alone and become whole by yourself, before seeking a woman partner, because no one likes a person who is needy for love." I disagree with that and have said so many times.
11. I do not agree with most Americans that we are all masters of our destiny. I believe most of our destiny is determined by fate or "the gods" like the ancient Greeks and Romans believe. Look up "Stoicism" and it will tell you that. Also like the culture in India believes too. I do believe in free will, but only 20 or 30 percent, and mostly in regards to trivial issues like which bagel flavor you want, but not in deciding the larger things. That's definitely not an American view.
12. I do not brag about banging lots of women or having lots of money made or spent, like many older American males do. If I argue or debate passionately, it's because I have a passion for truth, not because of my ego.
13. I do not believe in equality like modern Americans do. I believe in fairness, kindness, respect and moral values and virtues, but not the modern concept of exact equality in every way shape and form. I also have views that would be considered racist by today's standards but normal in the 1800's.
14. I listen to Classical, Renaissance and Medieval music, which as we all know, were made in Europe. Modern Americans don't listen to that, at least not anymore. Most guys on this forum don't either.
15. I don't drink coffee much or beer like American men love to. I prefer tea, like old style European/English gentlemen do, and like traditional noblemen in Asia and China do.
16. I do not "live to work". I do not believe that "you are what you do" or "you are your job". Europeans say that they "work to live" not "live to work". That's a common adage. It's also quoted in Jeremy Rifkin's book "The European Dream" too. Many European travelers and backpackers will tell you they believe that too, if you ask them. Furthermore, they will also tell you that they believe the purpose of life is to have "a variety of rich meaningful experiences", not to make money or acquire material things or achieve career success. That's my attitude as well.
Etc. Etc.

So you see, how can I be American in soul or personality? Think about it. Use your brain. None of my views above are American at all, as everyone can see.

Now yeah, I may have some American characteristics in my personality, such as being outspoken or individualistic and unique, but that's my surface personality. I'm talking about my core soul here. I'm definitely an old soul. Most of the traits of old souls in the old soul videos I posted in the soul ages thread do fit me. You don't usually see very many old souls in America. They are more common in Europe in countries like Iceland, Switzerland, Holland, Russia, etc. Didn't you know that? Maybe you're not spiritual, so you don't know. Well now you do. Part of me may be an ET soul or indigo soul too or wanderer soul, like not of this world too. Who knows. Most likely, I'm a hybrid of different things, not just one culture, since if I'm an old soul who has had many lifetimes, then naturally I would be a hybrid of many different types of souls and personas.

Anyway Yick, next time use your brain and think a little before you speak. And take all of the above into account before you talk please. Look at the big picture, not the narrow one that arrogant men see.

If you treat this post like you never saw it, then I will merely copy and paste it again for you. I hate guys that do that, ignore all data they don't like and pretend that reality only fits what they believe, as if they were god. I hate that kind of pompous male attitude. So please factor in all the above into the equation. I am being honest here, and not lying to you. So please treat me with respect and consider what I say and listen to what I say too. Don't just ignore everything I say like an a-hole. Ok? I treated you with respect before too when you had that fight with Ghost, so please do the same with me and learn to listen to me too ok?
All the above has been noted, as an actual European - I don't agree with any of it. That I don't agree with your long-winded assessment that you have a 'European Soul' is not 'disresepcting you'. Grow up! You're a middle aged man.

If you had an ancestry DNA test tomorrow, you would not have 1% of European ancestry, your culture isn't anything like a European - even now, you are insisting that I NEED to accept your premise that you have a European soul and just as long as you believe it then it is legit - it isn't legit to me because you say so - that is what makes you an American!

Ask any of the other Europeans on here if they see anything about you that is remotely European - don't just leave it to me and I will be amazed if they do see your 'European Soul'.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are you dumb Yick? I never said my DNA or race was European. No one is saying that. You are grasping at straws. I said my soul. Didn't you see the reincarnation documentary about about the four women who verified their past life memories in detail in Europe? Are you too closed minded to consider that? Your opinion is your opinion, not fact. Stop being arrogant.

Btw Yick, here's a quote about my soul from my cultural advisor Ladislav, who knows me in person too, unlike you. He has an Eastern European background btw.

https://www.happierabroad.com/Quotes-Ab ... ton-Wu.htm

"As far as you being a banana - a white man trapped in an Asian body - I would like to qualify that you are not an American white man inside an Asian body but a European Existentialist - a Frenchman, Italian or Spaniard trapped in an Asian body. You are certainly not a modern Anglo-Saxon trapped in it." - Ladislav

How do you explain that? That's a classic quote about me, been around a long time. Didn't you see it before? Where you been? Just because you're ignorant about something doesn't mean it's not there or it's not true or others more informed people don't know about it. Do you honestly think the universe exists in your head Yick and that if you don't know something then it doesn't exist? Are you that arrogant? If so, you're acting like an American bastard.

Btw Yick, Ladislav speaks nearly 10 languages and has in-depth knowledge about many different cultures. He is the Obi Wan Kenobi of culture comparison. So his opinion is definitely more qualified than you. In contrast, you're just an English teacher and arrogant know it all western male, typical American. Most British guys I've met would not debate me about my own soul. That's silly. So you aren't like other British men either.

What about the 16 points above Yick? Surely that cannot make me American right? Did you read all of them? Or are you illiterate?

Obviously I'm a unique hybrid of things, which is natural for an old soul, so to speak.

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

Wiseton for me you have europe soul and please no need care what yicks postings.....

he seems bored not contented man so need make bikering and bringdown other aboarder because he not fulfiliment in life just make criticals wiseton he is blue colar man just teach english in town of country and racial of peoples who see him to be much below them of lower status and more barbarian than chinaman but this yickman stuck in place that he never can have the equality rights of laws but you wiseton are superior to yickman in china they accept you as reality chineseman but never ever yick and wiseton when the years pass and the foreignman yick gets older but the money for enlish teacher stays small can only save little and all things are more difficult it makes him angry so happy aboard forum is the way he can throw frustation stones same contrarian who also angry deep down but wiseton you are the bossman here so if he brings down you too much you issue stop warning and make enforcement to uplift other aboaders because his problems are not forum problems so if he is angryman you do not have to accept his rudeness commentings remember you are the bossman here
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Winston wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 8:26 am
Are you dumb Yick? I never said my DNA or race was European. No one is saying that. You are grasping at straws. I said my soul. Didn't you see the reincarnation documentary about about the four women who verified their past life memories in detail in Europe? Are you too closed minded to consider that? Your opinion is your opinion, not fact. Stop being arrogant.

Btw Yick, here's a quote about my soul from my cultural advisor Ladislav, who knows me in person too, unlike you. He has an Eastern European background btw.

"As far as you being a banana - a white man trapped in an Asian body - I would like to qualify that you are not an American white man inside an Asian body but a European Existentialist - a Frenchman, Italian or Spaniard trapped in an Asian body. You are certainly not a modern Anglo-Saxon trapped in it." - Ladislav

How do you explain that? That's a classic quote about me, been around a long time. Didn't you see it before? Where you been? Just because you're ignorant about something doesn't mean it's not there or it's not true or others more informed people don't know about it. Do you honestly think the universe exists in your head Yick and that if you don't know something then it doesn't exist? Are you that arrogant? If so, you're acting like an American bastard.

Btw Yick, Ladislav speaks nearly 10 languages and has in-depth knowledge about many different cultures. He is the Obi Wan Kenobi of culture comparison. So his opinion is definitely more qualified than you. In contrast, you're just an English teacher and arrogant know it all western male, typical American. Most British guys I've met would not debate me about my own soul. That's silly. So you aren't like other British men either.

What about the 16 points above Yick? Surely that cannot make me American right? Did you read all of them? Or are you illiterate?

Obviously I'm a unique hybrid of things, which is natural for an old soul, so to speak.
There is nothing about you that is European, Winston. You are of Asian ethnicity ingrained with American culture. You don't know many - if any - Europeans - if you did, you would realise they don't really care what anyone else thinks. You think 'football' is what Americans play - just you saying that makes you very American. :lol: Just like this Irish-Americans who go to Ireland and tell everyone that they're 'Irish' only for them to be brought back down to earth. I mean - an Irish-American is more Irish than your soul is 'European'.

The fact you are becoming insulting because I don't agree with you and that you think you're an intellectual because you study Plato tells anyone they need to know about how 'European' and your 'Soul' are. :lol: What makes you think you're smarter than me or anyone else? (apart from your huge, delusional ego).

You keep bragging about your intellect - why do you do that? Except it is culturally ingrained into you as part of your identity.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

yick wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Winston wrote:

There is nothing about you that is European, Winston. You are of Asian ethnicity ingrained with American culture. You don't know many - if any - Europeans - if you did, you would realise they don't really care what anyone else thinks. You think 'football' is what Americans play - just you saying that makes you very American. :lol: Just like this Irish-Americans who go to Ireland and tell everyone that they're 'Irish' only for them to be brought back down to earth. I mean - an Irish-American is more Irish than your soul is 'European'.

The fact you are becoming insulting because I don't agree with you and that you think you're an intellectual because you study Plato tells anyone they need to know about how 'European' and your 'Soul' are. :lol: What makes you think you're smarter than me or anyone else? (apart from your huge, delusional ego).

You keep bragging about your intellect - why do you do that? Except it is culturally ingrained into you as part of your identity.
You twist truth....of course wiseton is european intelect old soul and humbleman with 1000s pages deep writings and ask questions other never think and study the spirt relms of life meanings but dumwits simple simon not appreciate not understand wisdom of wiseton all they know to do is make criticals and insultings from stoop of ignorance...

yick you indulgings egomania for bicker argue to bringdown other aborder and dare say bad to bossman who magnimity still not ban you but real truth is you yick live glass house because you stuck china just lo wage english teach grunt and you already mid age no future and chinese people see you lifer loser and china law and society deprave you as lo status and desgination you subhuman not alowed same right as chineseman because you no money but old and of barbarian race so for this you come wiseton forum only for make argue bicker and bringdown other aboarder from bitter resentings that your aborder story not happy so make you meanman
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Spencer wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 8:52 pm
yick wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 5:02 pm
Winston wrote:

You twist truth....of course wiseton is european intelect old soul and humbleman with 1000s pages deep writings and ask questions other never think and study the spirt relms of life meanings but dumwits simple simon not appreciate not understand wisdom of wiseton all they know to do is make criticals and insultings from stoop of ignorance...

yick you indulgings egomania for bicker argue to bringdown other aborder and dare say bad to bossman who magnimity still not ban you but real truth is you yick live glass house because you stuck china just lo wage english teach grunt and you already mid age no future and chinese people see you lifer loser and china law and society deprave you as lo status and desgination you subhuman not alowed same right as chineseman because you no money but old and of barbarian race so for this you come wiseton forum only for make argue bicker and bringdown other aboarder from bitter resentings that your aborder story not happy so make you meanman
f**k off, you badly educated simpleton. :lol:
Das verlorene Reich
Freshman Poster

Post by Das verlorene Reich »

@Winston I can say that from what I know about American culture, notably some psychology books I read, most Americans seem to me like brainwashed members of a cult. They think their country is all powerful and democratic and just recite the "independance day" credo while all their history shows that this country is what's closest to evil on Earth among the West. They care so much about their job (which to me is just the last thing they have to identify with, given how shallow and empty they must feel) that in psychological books which are about the patients (which they call "clients" by the way, there again typically American) they mention what job they do above anything else apart from birth date. In Europe usually psychiatrists call their patients patients and care more about their background than their job.

About Europe, every country is very culturally different (apart from some fake creations like Belgium that really has a low quality culture in my opinion) but yeah you can find more intelligent people, if by intelligent you consider people who want to understand life as it really is and not as the Gov and other devils want you to see it. Though most Europeans are shallow sheep like their American counterparts. I have very good friends with who I have very deep discussions, be it about politics, religion, emotions and relationships (something now people seem forbidden to tell the truth about for fear of appearing weak) etc.

I really identify (hate the way that word is used now though with all the progressive madness) with German culture though, especially late XIXth century romanticism.

About @yick I have already have exchanges with him on my topic about France and he seems to have been brainwashed by neo-marxist ideologies (ie everything is "equal" even if even a child can know that nothing is ever equal, this is only true in mathematical abstractions) and doesn't even realise it.

Though I don't support your view about the soul. I don't believe in body-soul dissociation. If anything I think the soul is the emanation of the body and not a superior entity trapped in a disgusting meat cage like Christians view it. Focusing on the soul and giving up on the material world leads nowhere, since everything is interconected (but not one like all this "new age" bullshit), taking care of the material world (by that I don't mean only objects but everything that physically exists around you) leads to a healthier soul and conversely. So for me there is no way you can be such a thing as "an European trapped in an Asian body", this is again post-marxist crazyness that want you to believe that if you feel like something then you are that thing. For example I "feel" German, but I'm not German, nor will I ever be, and not sharing French values as a whole doesn't mean I've not a French culture.