Could Most of us Be on the Autistic Spectrum?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Re: Could Most of us Be on the Autistic Spectrum?

Post by hypermak »

Winston wrote:
December 14th, 2020, 10:55 am
@hypermak

Alex told me that in Italy, he never heard of the term Aspergers before. Does that mean it doesn't exist in Italy? If so, why? Is it because aspies have no trouble fitting into Italian social culture because it's more open, inclusive, authentic and doesn't persecute intellectuals for being deep or different or logical? Hence aspies have no trouble making friends or fitting in or connecting with others? If so, someone needs to tell the American mental health profession about this, because they never touch the subject of differences abroad or the therapy of going abroad. No one dares to bring it up to them.
I am no expert but I think it's a common variant of autism. I know one young man, a family friend's son, who has a pretty severe form of autism. He is in his mid 20s and unable to take care of himself. He has two part-time carers alternating to attend his every need...and it's quite a sad show.

I don't know anyone with Asperger, or at least anyone who has made it public. I guess some cases may be mild and just qualify that person as "weird". I am not even that conviced about these black-and-white definitions of mental conditions. Like the abundance of alleged ADHD cases that US doctors love to declare (and prescribe expensive medication for!) which are simply "brats" over in Italy/Europe.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ted Talk about why everything we know about autism is wrong.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wow check this out. Girls with autism seem to be very sweet and sensitive, like me. Why can't we just date them?

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

No, 14/50 :lol:

I am just a bog standard anti-social bastard!

* I don't have Aspergers either...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Are there dating sites for Austistic people or meetup groups for aspies? If so, wouldn't we vibe with the women there? Since aspies understand other aspies because they are marginalized?

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Isn't autism a lot more common among men than women? When I think of dating autistic women, I think of a woman who kind of looks and acts stereotypically mentally retarted, moving in an awkward, unattractive manner. But Asbergers can be indetectible, at least with adults who have learned to overcome acting awkward and compensate. One of the women in the videos Winston posted looks cute and acts normal. The other one I saw a bit of acted normal.

I don't think I fit the criteria for being autistic. I have a friend with Asbergers. He's friendly, and smart, but sort of nerdy. He occasionally gets into trouble, socially, probably making people feel uncomfortable, etc., not picking up on cues. I think he's learned to cope with Asbergers.